Policy Discussion: Stop MSN/SISTER

Stop MSN/SISTER

Ravster
2004-04-09 00:38:49 EST
is there any why to kill messenger so that my sister can't run it or reinstall it.

Sean
2004-04-09 12:06:44 EST
g_ravster@hotmail.com (Ravster) wrote in message news:<28562bf4.0404082038.a7d5e69@posting.google.com>...
> is there any why to kill messenger so that my sister can't run it or reinstall it.

use a firewall to block the port that msn uses (i dont now that
offhand) delete it from the comp and then block the download site

Ravster
2004-04-09 23:34:44 EST
s*z@cyberspace.org (Sean) wrote in message news:<a1451248.0404090806.60d8d42f@posting.google.com>...
> g_ravster@hotmail.com (Ravster) wrote in message news:<28562bf4.0404082038.a7d5e69@posting.google.com>...
> > is there any why to kill messenger so that my sister can't run it or reinstall it.
>
> use a firewall to block the port that msn uses (i dont now that
> offhand) delete it from the comp and then block the download site

how could i block the download site?

Ravster
2004-04-09 23:34:58 EST
how could i block the download site?

Sean
2004-04-10 21:05:07 EST
g_ravster@hotmail.com (Ravster) wrote in message news:<28562bf4.0404091934.21a749a4@posting.google.com>...
> how could i block the download site?

use a site blocker application. Or a firewall to block the ip address
of the download site