Policy Discussion: Terminal Server Problems

Terminal Server Problems

Bryan
2003-10-28 15:58:50 EST
Anybody seen this before? I can't figure out why the roaming profiles
aren't roaming.

I'm running four terminal servers in a pure w2k server network. The
issue I am struggling goes something like this:

1. User logs on to Terminal Server 1, and saves a word doc to their
desktop for instance.

2. User logs off, goes home.

3. User comes in next day, logs in, lands on Terminal Server 2, and
finds that their document is not on the desktop.

4. User calls me and pitches a fit.

The users are all using roaming profiles. The master profile is
stored on the Domain Controller. A copy of each profile is of course
stored on each of the terminal servers.

LGJ
2003-11-04 14:12:08 EST
b*y@homecapitalinc.com (Bryan) wrote in message news:<77f806e2.0310281258.16cb4af0@posting.google.com>...
> Anybody seen this before? I can't figure out why the roaming profiles
> aren't roaming.
>
> I'm running four terminal servers in a pure w2k server network. The
> issue I am struggling goes something like this:
>
> 1. User logs on to Terminal Server 1, and saves a word doc to their
> desktop for instance.
>
> 2. User logs off, goes home.
>
> 3. User comes in next day, logs in, lands on Terminal Server 2, and
> finds that their document is not on the desktop.
>
> 4. User calls me and pitches a fit.
>
> The users are all using roaming profiles. The master profile is
> stored on the Domain Controller. A copy of each profile is of course
> stored on each of the terminal servers.

you're probably using the roaming profiles from windows and not from
terminal server, Terminal servers have their own profile path, and i
think it is in the same tab where the rest of the terminal server
stuff in the properties of the user.

--hope this helps, let us know
Lehi Gracia
lehig--take this out--@hotmail.com.spam

Alan
2003-11-08 08:54:49 EST
Sounds like Multipul user accounts
\\server1\doc&sett\joe\mydoc\word.doc
\\server2\... ...\(not here)
but I'm new to servers so...
good luck

lgj_nospam@yahoo.com (LGJ) wrote in message news:<91e4ba8d.0311041112.503e71c9@posting.google.com>...
> bryan.sweeney@homecapitalinc.com (Bryan) wrote in message news:<77f806e2.0310281258.16cb4af0@posting.google.com>...
> > Anybody seen this before? I can't figure out why the roaming profiles
> > aren't roaming.
> >
> > I'm running four terminal servers in a pure w2k server network. The
> > issue I am struggling goes something like this:
> >
> > 1. User logs on to Terminal Server 1, and saves a word doc to their
> > desktop for instance.
> >
> > 2. User logs off, goes home.
> >
> > 3. User comes in next day, logs in, lands on Terminal Server 2, and
> > finds that their document is not on the desktop.
> >
> > 4. User calls me and pitches a fit.
> >
> > The users are all using roaming profiles. The master profile is
> > stored on the Domain Controller. A copy of each profile is of course
> > stored on each of the terminal servers.
>

> you're probably using the roaming profiles from windows and not from
> terminal server, Terminal servers have their own profile path, and i
> think it is in the same tab where the rest of the terminal server
> stuff in the properties of the user.
>
> --hope this helps, let us know
> Lehi Gracia
> lehig--take this out--@hotmail.com.spam

Bryan
2003-11-11 17:29:01 EST
No. I specifiy the terminal server profile path for each user account
as it is created in active directory. I've gone back through and
checked them, and all the accounts have a correct path. Any other
suggestions?

a*n@highqindustries.com (Alan) wrote in message news:<4d394ded.0311080554.3570c0fd@posting.google.com>...
> Sounds like Multipul user accounts
> \\server1\doc&sett\joe\mydoc\word.doc
> \\server2\... ...\(not here)
> but I'm new to servers so...
> good luck
>

> lgj_nospam@yahoo.com (LGJ) wrote in message news:<91e4ba8d.0311041112.503e71c9@posting.google.com>...
> > bryan.sweeney@homecapitalinc.com (Bryan) wrote in message news:<77f806e2.0310281258.16cb4af0@posting.google.com>...
> > > Anybody seen this before? I can't figure out why the roaming profiles
> > > aren't roaming.
> > >
> > > I'm running four terminal servers in a pure w2k server network. The
> > > issue I am struggling goes something like this:
> > >
> > > 1. User logs on to Terminal Server 1, and saves a word doc to their
> > > desktop for instance.
> > >
> > > 2. User logs off, goes home.
> > >
> > > 3. User comes in next day, logs in, lands on Terminal Server 2, and
> > > finds that their document is not on the desktop.
> > >
> > > 4. User calls me and pitches a fit.
> > >
> > > The users are all using roaming profiles. The master profile is
> > > stored on the Domain Controller. A copy of each profile is of course
> > > stored on each of the terminal servers.
> >

> > you're probably using the roaming profiles from windows and not from
> > terminal server, Terminal servers have their own profile path, and i
> > think it is in the same tab where the rest of the terminal server
> > stuff in the properties of the user.
> >
> > --hope this helps, let us know
> > Lehi Gracia
> > lehig--take this out--@hotmail.com.spam

LGJ
2003-11-13 17:01:11 EST
b*y@homecapitalinc.com (Bryan) wrote in message news:<77f806e2.0311111429.2a7638de@posting.google.com>...
> No. I specifiy the terminal server profile path for each user account
> as it is created in active directory. I've gone back through and
> checked them, and all the accounts have a correct path. Any other
> suggestions?
>

> > lgj_nospam@yahoo.com (LGJ) wrote in message news:<91e4ba8d.0311041112.503e71c9@posting.google.com>...

are you using a UNC path on the profile path?

Nita
2003-11-21 07:50:40 EST
Currently we are having a same problem with Roaming profile on Win2k
Terminal Servers with Metaframe Citrix 1.8 . The only temporaray
solution we could implement by deleting corrupted local Terminal
Server Profile of the user as that will be created when user login
back in to the system.

b*y@homecapitalinc.com (Bryan) wrote in message news:<77f806e2.0310281258.16cb4af0@posting.google.com>...
> Anybody seen this before? I can't figure out why the roaming profiles
> aren't roaming.
>
> I'm running four terminal servers in a pure w2k server network. The
> issue I am struggling goes something like this:
>
> 1. User logs on to Terminal Server 1, and saves a word doc to their
> desktop for instance.
>
> 2. User logs off, goes home.
>
> 3. User comes in next day, logs in, lands on Terminal Server 2, and
> finds that their document is not on the desktop.
>
> 4. User calls me and pitches a fit.
>
> The users are all using roaming profiles. The master profile is
> stored on the Domain Controller. A copy of each profile is of course
> stored on each of the terminal servers.

Mano007
2003-12-08 07:08:21 EST
h*m@hotmail.com (Nita) wrote in message news:<7558e848.0311210450.295b1b6@posting.google.com>...
> Currently we are having a same problem with Roaming profile on Win2k
> Terminal Servers with Metaframe Citrix 1.8 . The only temporaray
> solution we could implement by deleting corrupted local Terminal
> Server Profile of the user as that will be created when user login
> back in to the system.
>
> bryan.sweeney@homecapitalinc.com (Bryan) wrote in message news:<77f806e2.0310281258.16cb4af0@posting.google.com>...
> > Anybody seen this before? I can't figure out why the roaming profiles
> > aren't roaming.
> >
> > I'm running four terminal servers in a pure w2k server network. The
> > issue I am struggling goes something like this:
> >
> > 1. User logs on to Terminal Server 1, and saves a word doc to their
> > desktop for instance.
> >
> > 2. User logs off, goes home.
> >
> > 3. User comes in next day, logs in, lands on Terminal Server 2, and
> > finds that their document is not on the desktop.
> >
> > 4. User calls me and pitches a fit.
> >
> > The users are all using roaming profiles. The master profile is
> > stored on the Domain Controller. A copy of each profile is of course
> > stored on each of the terminal servers.

Check if users can modify or save desktop settings. What about
directory redirection problem?

Mano007
2003-12-08 07:12:07 EST