Policy Discussion: I Need Solution For My Pc Problem

I Need Solution For My Pc Problem

Sunil
2005-02-11 00:15:34 EST
Hello All
I am Sunil,I have an problem in my PC that it's get's
Struck in middle,when using any application,this problem occuring
since 10 month in all the OS which i have tried (like Linux,Win
9x,Xp)and recently I've installed Win 2000 Server then it's setting
monitor type to Default maonitor.I am really Confused with this
problem to figure what's an problem .So please Give Solution .

please Help me

Regards
Sunil

Ntuj Yug
2005-02-11 12:22:55 EST
Solution:
Take it to a pro dude. If you are in the Atlanta,GA area than my fee is $40
/hr.

Technician can't read minds so in the future include the system specs. If
you do not know the specs on your system then see solution above.

Have a nice day,
Z.V.-MCSE,MCSA,A+,Net+, CCNA, CNA

"Sunil" <kvsuni@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello All
> I am Sunil,I have an problem in my PC that it's get's
> Struck in middle,when using any application,this problem occuring
> since 10 month in all the OS which i have tried (like Linux,Win
> 9x,Xp)and recently I've installed Win 2000 Server then it's setting
> monitor type to Default maonitor.I am really Confused with this
> problem to figure what's an problem .So please Give Solution .
>
> please Help me
>
> Regards
> Sunil

Raju Mahala
2005-02-11 14:04:28 EST
Have you checked RAM. Whether it is OK or not. To test replace with
right one and then check. Because these type of problem normally comes
due to some problem in RAM. Whenever RAM used highly then it gots stuck
up.
To test more in Linux run application those don't use RAM much and
usage CPU only and then run application those use RAM in sufficient
ammount and see in which case machine gots stuck up. Also by top
command monitor RAMs usage.

Regards,
Raju Singh Mahala

Sunil
2005-02-15 23:30:23 EST
"Raju Mahala" <rajumahala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1108148668.407021.298400@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> Have you checked RAM. Whether it is OK or not. To test replace with
> right one and then check. Because these type of problem normally comes
> due to some problem in RAM. Whenever RAM used highly then it gots stuck
> up.
> To test more in Linux run application those don't use RAM much and
> usage CPU only and then run application those use RAM in sufficient
> ammount and see in which case machine gots stuck up. Also by top
> command monitor RAMs usage.
>
> Regards,
> Raju Singh Mahala

Hello All
As Raju Said to replace with good Ram,I have
experimaented with it.now it is not getting struck ,but monitor type
and Audio are disabled.how can i figure it this problem .
Help me

Regards
Sunil

K*@gmail.com
2005-02-16 01:27:04 EST
Hello All
As Raju Said to replace with good Ram,I have
experimaented with it.now it is not getting struck ,but monitor type
and Audio are disabled.how can i figure it this problem .
Help me

Regards
Sunil

Raju Mahala
2005-02-16 12:43:38 EST
Hi Suni,
If u r facing problem in Windows then I am not sure what is the
problem. but u r facing problem in Linux then first check ur chipset
and download linux driver for that chipset.Hopefully it will be in rpm
form and u can install it by "rmp -ivh <rpm-file>" after go to start ->
system settings -> Display it will show u correct monitor and all
resolution and color depths.
For audio if u want to run xmms on linux then u need
"xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-21.i386.rpm" it will install xmms plugins after it
xmms will work properly.

Regards,
Raju Mahala

Sunil
2005-02-16 23:58:35 EST
"Raju Mahala" <rajumahala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1108575818.500452.165880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> Hi Suni,
> If u r facing problem in Windows then I am not sure what is the
> problem. but u r facing problem in Linux then first check ur chipset
> and download linux driver for that chipset.Hopefully it will be in rpm
> form and u can install it by "rmp -ivh <rpm-file>" after go to start ->
> system settings -> Display it will show u correct monitor and all
> resolution and color depths.
> For audio if u want to run xmms on linux then u need
> "xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-21.i386.rpm" it will install xmms plugins after it
> xmms will work properly.
>
> Regards,
> Raju Mahala

Hello Raju
now I am Running Xp with that yestarday it was get struck in
afternoon .I dont know whats the problem it is.Could please give me
what to do with that wheather to check and replace Chipset or else (I
dont think problem with Processor)what to do .

Miket
2005-02-22 15:12:28 EST
Hi

Have you checked the processor heatsink??

Maybe the problem is happening due processor overheating. Please
review if the fan is working and if its correctly installed.

Regards
Miket

k*i@gmail.com (Sunil) wrote in message news:<44f74f79.0502162058.508f7906@posting.google.com>...
> "Raju Mahala" <rajumahala@gmail.com> wrote in message news:<1108575818.500452.165880@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> > Hi Suni,
> > If u r facing problem in Windows then I am not sure what is the
> > problem. but u r facing problem in Linux then first check ur chipset
> > and download linux driver for that chipset.Hopefully it will be in rpm
> > form and u can install it by "rmp -ivh <rpm-file>" after go to start ->
> > system settings -> Display it will show u correct monitor and all
> > resolution and color depths.
> > For audio if u want to run xmms on linux then u need
> > "xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-21.i386.rpm" it will install xmms plugins after it
> > xmms will work properly.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Raju Mahala
>

> Hello Raju
> now I am Running Xp with that yestarday it was get struck in
> afternoon .I dont know whats the problem it is.Could please give me
> what to do with that wheather to check and replace Chipset or else (I
> dont think problem with Processor)what to do .

Vivek
2005-02-24 06:57:34 EST
Check the Processor heat sink and smps fan.
Try removing add on cards if any and check whether it is hanging again.
Try running any anti virus software.It could be a virus problem.

Pikan
2005-03-01 16:40:37 EST
There can be so many causes to a problem like this my suggestion is to
take it to someone who has the rescourses to test everything.

Possible causes are
RAM as suggested above.
Processor or heatsink as also suggested above.
Faulty Video card or unstable video drivers.
Faulty motherboard
Faulty add on card.
Faulty HDD
HDD overheating.

My suggestions are as follows.
Take out all card or parts that dont strictly need to be in there to
boot.
to boot you need Video Card, Motherboard, RAM, HDD, processor NOTHING
else (most systems will even let you remove the FDD).
Then go to the BIOS RESET the bios to the defaults and then disable
everything (if there are any on board devices like sound or Lan -
disable them - disable the comports and parralle ports)

Your aim here is to boot the PC with the absolute Bare nessesities.

If the problem still exists then you know its going to be either a
hardware or driver issue with the few decives still being used (RAM,
Video Card, MBD, HDD or proccessor)

So to eliminate driver or operating system issues.

FORMAT your HDD and reinstall a clean copy of windows WITHOUT
installing ANY drivers.

Load up the application and test.

If problem persists you know the problem is either 1) one of the peices
of hardware listed above (RAM, Processor etc etc) 2) a problem with the
application itself.

About here is where I would contact the application vendor and inquire
about any known issues. I would explain where you are up to and see if
they have any suggestions for you to try.

If that doesnt work. You pretty much know that its a hardware fault
with one of those 5 or so devices that you still have running. This
isnt bad going - you have narrowed the field down from an infinate
numbe of causes to 5 possible cauese - which can all be checked and
tested.

Next step.

Replace the devices 1 by 1 and test.
RAM is probably the easiest to replace and test, then video then the
others in what ever order you feel like. But always 1 at a time.

Doing this one at a time is going to take alot longer - but when you
finally fix the damn thing you will know what it is you changed that
fixed it.

when doing ANY sort of troubleshooting with a PC most of the time you
are just elliminating possible causes. As sherlock homes once said - If
you elliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how
inprobable, is the truth - or in our case the faulty part.

Experince will let you take short cuts with this but this is
essentially what a computer tech does.

If none of this works then take it to a pro as you have done something
wrong along the way - as this ALWAYS works - it just takes a long
bloody time.

Another option would be to stop using that application and try
something else.

good luck