Policy Discussion: Network Printer Problem

Network Printer Problem

Smjd
2004-11-20 08:01:29 EST
hi guys!
i have a network printer hp 4300 on network thats is configure with a
static ip address and has its own 64MB Ram, Some of my user have
problem in some time. when they send a job for printing it couldno't
print.After restarting the system they could print smoothly. what is
the problem.........

Daryl Russo
2004-11-22 05:25:35 EST
Hello smjd,

I am an HP technician. I would like to help you. You said that some
users have a problem printing sometimes. After they restart the
system they can print again. Is it always the same users? When you
said you have to restart the system did you mean the workstation or
the printer itself? Are you using the HP JetDirect software or a
standard IP printer port? Are there users that never have a problem
printing?

Here is one suggestion to start with. I have noticed a lot of
printing failures due to spyware. I am not saying this is your
problem but I have had success in the past resolving problems like
this by removing spyware. You can download a good spyware removal
tool at download.com called Ad-Aware Personal.

Try cleaning the systems that are effected to see if there is any
change. Post here if this fixed the problem or reply with a little
more detail. Good luck and I hope I can help you.

Smjd
2004-11-23 02:22:58 EST
d*o@gmail.com (Daryl Russo) wrote in message news:<5bacdd75.0411220225.1fca3eca@posting.google.com>...

Dear Daryl Russo
As u ask some detail.

1.Is it always the same users?
Ans. Yes its alway same users.

2. When you said you have to restart the system did you mean the workstation or
the printer itself?
Ans. Workstation

3. Are you using the HP JetDirect software or a standard IP printer port?

Ans. standard IP printer port.

4. Are there users that never have a problem printing?

Ans. Yes some user are not having any problem.

Noob
2004-11-23 19:39:23 EST
s*7@yahoo.com (smjd) wrote in message news:<df2a076.0411222322.11fdce8b@posting.google.com>...
> darylrusso@gmail.com (Daryl Russo) wrote in message news:<5bacdd75.0411220225.1fca3eca@posting.google.com>...
>

> Dear Daryl Russo
> As u ask some detail.
>
> 1.Is it always the same users?
> Ans. Yes its alway same users.
>
> 2. When you said you have to restart the system did you mean the workstation or
> the printer itself?
> Ans. Workstation
>
> 3. Are you using the HP JetDirect software or a standard IP printer port?
>
> Ans. standard IP printer port.
>
> 4. Are there users that never have a problem printing?
>
> Ans. Yes some user are not having any problem.

it is always the same user

Steve Fraser
2004-11-28 07:01:12 EST
Perhaps the printer sub-system is unavailable. Is the issue occurring
only with Windows 9X machines?

Smjd
2004-12-01 01:27:10 EST
s*e@hikingthecarolinas.com (Steve Fraser) wrote in message news:<73c5612f.0411280355.24f15da2@posting.google.com>...
> Perhaps the printer sub-system is unavailable. Is the issue occurring
> only with Windows 9X machines?

its all windows 2000 users