Policy Discussion: Virus Problm

Virus Problm

Puneet
2004-10-01 02:12:59 EST
hello all,

My pc is infected with virus. and it is parasited. i did high level
formatting. but still virus is there. so plz let me know wat should i
do. plz tell me in details.
thnx.

Travis Icenetwork
2004-10-03 16:10:14 EST
Just curious what OS you running? So your saying you did a high leve
formatting, by this you mean you have booted to a Win # Cd and
formated that drive? If you format you disk there is no way possible
that you could still have a virus. Let me know!

p*a@gmail.com (puneet) wrote in message news:<5d37b17c.0409302212.1b81d270@posting.google.com>...
> hello all,
>
> My pc is infected with virus. and it is parasited. i did high level
> formatting. but still virus is there. so plz let me know wat should i
> do. plz tell me in details.
> thnx.

Артур
2004-10-04 04:07:29 EST
Travis icenetwork wrote:
> Just curious what OS you running? So your saying you did a high leve
> formatting, by this you mean you have booted to a Win # Cd and
> formated that drive? If you format you disk there is no way possible
> that you could still have a virus. Let me know!
>
> ur not right. I `ve been in such situation 2 years ago too. I had to do 8 formattings, and then i destroyed it with the antivirus
>

> puneet.loiya@gmail.com (puneet) wrote in message news:<5d37b17c.0409302212.1b81d270@posting.google.com>...
>
>>hello all,
>>
>>My pc is infected with virus. and it is parasited. i did high level
>>formatting. but still virus is there. so plz let me know wat should i
>>do. plz tell me in details.
>>thnx.

MG
2004-10-04 13:32:34 EST
There are so many kinds of viruses.
There is every possibility of presence of virus even after formatting
the HDD!

I suggest you to take all of your valuable data onto other
media/hdd/system and then
a) Remove all the partitions from the HDD!
b) Switch of your PC
c) Switch on again
d) create the partitions, format and install!

I assure you by this time you are already safe from Virus.

e) install an antivirus software, and update the database.
f) copy back your data from the media where you have kept.

Even now if you find the presence of Virus, check your installation
CDs!

Regards.
MG.

A.S. Arora
2004-10-05 10:03:46 EST
m*r@gmail.com (MG) wrote in message news:<1d18616c.0410040932.cd4c071@posting.google.com>...
> There are so many kinds of viruses.
> There is every possibility of presence of virus even after formatting
> the HDD!
>
> I suggest you to take all of your valuable data onto other
> media/hdd/system and then
> a) Remove all the partitions from the HDD!
> b) Switch of your PC
> c) Switch on again
> d) create the partitions, format and install!
>
> I assure you by this time you are already safe from Virus.
>
> e) install an antivirus software, and update the database.
> f) copy back your data from the media where you have kept.
>
> Even now if you find the presence of Virus, check your installation
> CDs!
>
> Regards.
> MG.

Mr Giridhar,

Can u tell me how to remove & make partitions in hard drive. I dunno
about that? Can u help me in this matter. And formatting of partition
is to be done in DOS or in windows? Thanx

Артур
2004-10-05 10:16:55 EST
A.S. Arora wrote:

> mgiridhar@gmail.com (MG) wrote in message news:<1d18616c.0410040932.cd4c071@posting.google.com>...
>
>>There are so many kinds of viruses.
>>There is every possibility of presence of virus even after formatting
>>the HDD!
>>
>>I suggest you to take all of your valuable data onto other
>>media/hdd/system and then
>>a) Remove all the partitions from the HDD!
>>b) Switch of your PC
>>c) Switch on again
>>d) create the partitions, format and install!
>>
>> I assure you by this time you are already safe from Virus.
>>
>>e) install an antivirus software, and update the database.
>>f) copy back your data from the media where you have kept.
>>
>>Even now if you find the presence of Virus, check your installation
>>CDs!
>>
>>Regards.
>>MG.
>

> Mr Giridhar,
>
> Can u tell me how to remove & make partitions in hard drive. I dunno
> about that? Can u help me in this matter. And formatting of partition
> is to be done in DOS or in windows? Thanx
there`s nice prog to do that called Partition Magic/ as for formatting
the partition U can`t do that in Win. U can do that with the help of
that prog

Kaps
2004-10-06 11:31:37 EST
????? <plart@berill.dp.ua> wrote in message news:<cjua79$2j8b$2@pandora.alkar.net>...
> A.S. Arora wrote:
>
> > mgiridhar@gmail.com (MG) wrote in message news:<1d18616c.0410040932.cd4c071@posting.google.com>...
> >
> >>There are so many kinds of viruses.
> >>There is every possibility of presence of virus even after formatting
> >>the HDD!
> >>
> >>I suggest you to take all of your valuable data onto other
> >>media/hdd/system and then
> >>a) Remove all the partitions from the HDD!
> >>b) Switch of your PC
> >>c) Switch on again
> >>d) create the partitions, format and install!
> >>
> >> I assure you by this time you are already safe from Virus.
> >>
> >>e) install an antivirus software, and update the database.
> >>f) copy back your data from the media where you have kept.
> >>
> >>Even now if you find the presence of Virus, check your installation
> >>CDs!
> >>
> >>Regards.
> >>MG.
> >

> > Mr Giridhar,
> >
> > Can u tell me how to remove & make partitions in hard drive. I dunno
> > about that? Can u help me in this matter. And formatting of partition
> > is to be done in DOS or in windows? Thanx
> there`s nice prog to do that called Partition Magic/ as for formatting
> the partition U can`t do that in Win. U can do that with the help of
> that prog

hi,
just would like to add ... Apart frm the above solns, are ur
installations s/w free frm VIRUS?
bfn
kaps
:)