Emusic Discussion: CZ101 Problems

CZ101 Problems

Michael Hicks
1989-09-23 18:38:56 EST

Good Morning! Good Afternoon! Good Evening! Aloha!

Howdy, I lent my trusty CZ101 to a friend and upon it's return I have
been unable to power it up. I've been using a generic radio shack power trans
former on the thing and have suspected that the jack connections were not quite
compatable (sometimes I would move the synth and the machine would flick off).

Now, unfortunately, no amount of wiggling the fixture will get the 101
to power up. I can, though, get a momentary flicker out of the LED above the
on/off button. I suspect either a broken internal jack or something wrong
with something else inside. The external transformer is difinitely working.

Anyone else have similar problems? I would appreciate any input before
I take the thing apart.

Thanks, Michael Hicks

Bill Powers
1989-09-28 15:23:45 EST

In article <1046@amethyst.math.arizona.edu>,
h*m@spock.ame.arizona.edu (Michael Hicks) writes:

> Howdy, I lent my trusty CZ101 to a friend and upon it's return I have
> been unable to power it up. I've been using a generic radio shack
power trans
> former on the thing and have suspected that the jack connections were
not quite
> compatable (sometimes I would move the synth and the machine would
flick off).

> Anyone else have similar problems? I would appreciate any input before
> I take the thing apart.

I experienced a similar situation with my cz230s, and a generic
radio shack
power adaptor, but not to the point of it never turning on again. Just
once and
a while it would turn off on me. I solved the problem, by shelling out
the money
for the casio adaptor, which as I recall was way overpriced, but it
worked, and I
haven't experienced these symptoms since.

Bill Powers

----
Digital Equipment Corp. - Semiconductor Operations - Hudson MA
The opinions expressed above are my own, not my employers.
Telephone - (508) 568 - 7094
E-Mail - powers@cim1ni.enet.dec.com
- ...decwrl!cim1ni!powers