Bible Discussion: Pro-Human Future Of A God-free Existence For

Pro-Human Future Of A God-free Existence For

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
2003-07-28 20:55:32 EST
---
http://www.ghg.net/phf/disbelief/future_of_god_free.htm
---

... persons of religious faiths who live in fear of
such a thing, with the following considerations ever-
present in your conscious and sub-conscious con-
siderations of doubt and disbelief ...

1) How will I survive without God?

2) Where will my purpose come from?

3) What will be my reason for living?

4) How will I deal with questions of eternity and
origins of the universe and the meaning of life?

5) What will become of my morals?

One by one, answers follow . . .

1) Without deities and other fear/threat based
philosophies, you'll live a life free of the fear and
threats derived from ancient (and recent) religion-
based myths, deceptions, and superstitions.

2) Your purpose will be to max out your exper-
ience on earth in the one existence you know
exists, respecting the human right to live as one
sees fit -so long as- brainwashing and mind con-
trol and fear/threats/blackmail are not used. How
do you do that? Simple, secular education and
secular morals, no god required or desired. Edu-
cation on the facts of religions, free of single
mindset indoctrination, brainwashing, and mind
control,

3) Your reason for living will be pure unadulterated
pleasure, joy, happiness, helping one another,
living a life free and full and drinking from the
fountain of all life has to offer in this one sure life
you know you have, this life, this moment, this
instance in time, helping children be all they can
be, respecting and cherishing the company of
friends and family, part of a community of human-
kind which may some day be joined in harmony
and common purpose.

4) Science will address the questions of life exten-
sion and possible transference to alternate dimen-
sions as well as investigations and theories into
universal/life origins. Pro-humanism (see 2, 3,
& 5) addresses meaning of life issues, along with
scientific discoveries/progress just mentioned.

5) Pro-humanism addresses all moral questions;
live and let live in a manner promotive of human
welfare. Know that living life to the fullest, with
open-minded search for verity and aspirations
of pro-humanism, is the ultimate you can desire
and pass on to your children. Live long (forever,
if possible), help others, love life. To waste your
life on ancient myths/deceit is to waste all that
you know exists.

---

Peace. I hope this helps you understand the pos-
sibility for hope for humankind lies not in perpe-
tuation of myths (religious as well as myths based
on other social/cultural fear/threat-based philoso-
phies) but, instead, in the philosophies iterated
above.

- - -

~~~
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
http://www.ghg.net/phf
(Freethinking Realist Exploring
Expressive Liberty, Openness,
Verity, Enlightenment, & Rationality)
~~~

Chris Devol
2003-07-28 23:13:00 EST
"Pro-Humanist FREELOVER" <phf@ghg.net> wrote in message

> ... persons of religious faiths who live in fear of
> such a thing, with the following considerations ever-
> present in your conscious and sub-conscious con-
> siderations of doubt and disbelief ...

> 1) How will I survive without God?

Without God, you don't survive.

> 2) Where will my purpose come from?

Without God, you don't exist, and have no purpose.

> 3) What will be my reason for living?

Without God, you don't live.

> 4) How will I deal with questions of eternity and
> origins of the universe and the meaning of life?

Without God, you don't exist to question anything.

> 5) What will become of my morals?

Morals are only possible for existing beings.

> One by one, answers follow . . .

Answers already given. Since you are without God, you are scheduled for
destruction. We hope it's what you wanted.

Don
2003-07-29 00:24:39 EST
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:11:18 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:54:47 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:13:00 GMT, "Chris Devol" <xyz@defghijk.lmn>
>>wrote:
>
>>>Without God, you don't survive.
>>
>>Without WHICH god?
>>
>>Without WHICH god?
>>
>>Without WHICH god?
>>
>>Without WHICH god?
>
>Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose from.

Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.

D*

(Overheard in court)
Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
A: After the accident?
Q: Before the accident.
A: Sure, I played for 10 years. I even went to
school for it.

Falcon
2003-07-29 00:35:11 EST
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:24:39 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:11:18 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:54:47 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Without WHICH god?
>>>
>>>Without WHICH god?
>>>
>>>Without WHICH god?
>>>
>>>Without WHICH god?
>>
>>Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose from.
>
>Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
>one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.

Yes he did say that but you asked WHICH god thereby implying you know
of more, who are they?

Ciao,
Falcon
To reply via email remove "7" from address
2 Kings 2:23-25 Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel.
As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the
town began mocking and making fun of him. "Go away, you
baldhead!" they chanted. "Go away, you baldhead!" Elisha
turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in
the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods
and mauled forty-two of them. From there Elisha went to
Mount Carmel and finally returned to Samaria.

(Moral of the story: Do not mess with a man of God)

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
2003-07-29 00:42:21 EST
"Don" <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1ktbivg4nvtetmkqlhcahmq6tcp9n5unl5@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:11:18 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 03:54:47 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
> >wrote:

> >>Without WHICH god?
> >>
> >>Without WHICH god?
> >>
> >>Without WHICH god?
> >>
> >>Without WHICH god?
> >
> >Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose from.
>
> Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
> one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.

God is a "floater", meaning the absolute be-all end-all
authoritarian answer for all unknowns, with specifics
provided in innumerable irreconcilable formats, said
differences dismissed or ignored or skirted over or
treated as irrelevant by many theists, with the only
"important" god being the god that happens to fit into
the social-cultural setting of the individual using the
word. Most often, god means the christian god, in
western culture.

However, include a muslim in the picture, and god
becomes the christian god / allah, or include a Jew
in the picture, and god becomes Yahweh / the christian
god / allah, or include a Hindu in the picture and god
becomes Yahweh / the christian god / allah / a very
long list of polytheistic gods, or include ____ [see
following list], and god becomes an exhaustive list
of supposed be-all end-all thingies ...

Origins of God(s) (061203)
http://www.ghg.net/phf/history/origins_of_gods.htm
"Per Freud, all gods are derived from the way
we enter the world, a process he referred to as
infantile helplessness. Just as infants look up
to their parents for love and meaning and seek
to obey them, all resulting from instinct, Gods
are simply substitute parents, acting as childhood
neuroses in a manner similar to parents of the
universe for all its human children. ..."

- - -

~~~
Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
http://www.ghg.net/phf
(Freethinking Realist Exploring
Expressive Liberty, Openness,
Verity, Enlightenment, & Rationality)
~~~

Don
2003-07-29 00:49:46 EST
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:35:11 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:24:39 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:11:18 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose from.
>>
>>Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
>>one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.
>
>Yes he did say that

No...I re-read his post. He did not mention a specific "god." He
said "Without God..." but he was not specific.

D*

(Overheard in court)
Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
A: After the accident?
Q: Before the accident.
A: Sure, I played for 10 years. I even went to
school for it.

Falcon
2003-07-29 00:54:47 EST
On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:49:46 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:35:11 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:24:39 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
>>>one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.
>>
>>Yes he did say that
>
>No...I re-read his post. He did not mention a specific "god." He
>said "Without God..." but he was not specific.

Again I ask - Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose
from. Tell us specifically which ones he has to pick from your list?

Actually, never mind, it is pretty clear that you are just trying to
sow some contention, not hard to see.

Ciao,
Falcon
To reply via email remove "7" from address
2 Kings 2:23-25 Elisha left Jericho and went up to Bethel.
As he was walking along the road, a group of boys from the
town began mocking and making fun of him. "Go away, you
baldhead!" they chanted. "Go away, you baldhead!" Elisha
turned around and looked at them, and he cursed them in
the name of the Lord. Then two bears came out of the woods
and mauled forty-two of them. From there Elisha went to
Mount Carmel and finally returned to Samaria.

(Moral of the story: Do not mess with a man of God)

Don
2003-07-29 01:33:48 EST
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:54:47 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:49:46 GMT, Don <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:35:11 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Yes he did say that
>>
>>No...I re-read his post. He did not mention a specific "god." He
>>said "Without God..." but he was not specific.
>
>Again I ask - Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose
>from.

I did not bring up the issue, Chris mentioned "Without God..."

>Tell us specifically which ones he has to pick from your list?

It is not my list, it is Chris's list. Ask him.

>Actually, never mind, it is pretty clear that you are just trying to
>sow some contention, not hard to see.

Looks like YOU are the contentious one here. I only asked for a
clarification from the person who made the statement. Seems like you
would have directed your remarks to HIM. But I keep forgetting that
you have that "Holy Ghost Machine Gun" with which you try to
shoot-down anyone who questions your ideas of theology.

D*

(Overheard in court)
Q: Did you blow your horn or anything?
A: After the accident?
Q: Before the accident.
A: Sure, I played for 10 years. I even went to
school for it.

Chris Devol
2003-07-29 02:10:19 EST
> "Don" <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:11:18 -0700, Falcon <falcon23587@comcast.net>
> > wrote:

> > >Tell us, Don, how many "Gods" do you want us to choose from.
> >
> > Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
> > one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.
>
> God is a "floater", meaning the absolute be-all end-all
> authoritarian answer for all unknowns, with specifics
> provided in innumerable irreconcilable formats, said
> differences dismissed or ignored or skirted over or
> treated as irrelevant by many theists, with the only
> "important" god being the god that happens to fit into
> the social-cultural setting of the individual using the
> word. Most often, god means the christian god, in
> western culture.

This statement is typical lone-wolf atheistic gibberish. Long-winded
flowery-sounding language with no content. Reminds me of Ted Kaczinski's
"manifesto".

The poor fellow is hoping that the reader will fall asleep before he realizes
that nothing is being said. It's quite a good caricature of Professor Erwin
Corey.

Pro-Humanist FREELOVER
2003-07-29 10:39:58 EST
"Chris Devol" <xyz@defghijk.lmn> wrote in message news:fdoVa.1583$mr1.70@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> "Pro-Humanist FREELOVER" <phf@ghg.net> wrote in message
> > "Don" <calldonREMOVE@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> > > Chris was the poster who mentioned "Without God." I suspect he has
> > > one in mind. Perhaps HE should clarify it for you.
> >
> > God is a "floater", meaning the absolute be-all end-all
> > authoritarian answer for all unknowns, with specifics
> > provided in innumerable irreconcilable formats, said
> > differences dismissed or ignored or skirted over or
> > treated as irrelevant by many theists, with the only
> > "important" god being the god that happens to fit into
> > the social-cultural setting of the individual using the
> > word. Most often, god means the christian god, in
> > western culture.
>
> This statement is typical lone-wolf atheistic gibberish. [...]

The statement is an accurate reflection of the way the
word god is used in western culture.

Put another way, god is something many humans
pretentiously and arrogantly use to assert authority
and to avoid admission of the actual nature of life
and the unknown.

- - -

~~~