Bible Discussion: What's The Big Deal With Abortion?

What's The Big Deal With Abortion?

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)

-Hector-
2004-05-10 23:27:37 EST
On Mon, 10 May 2004 21:51:08 -0500, "Flower Power"
<*n@nospam.net> wrote:

>"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:55:59 -0500, "Flower Power"
>> <Liberation@nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>> >"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
>be
>practice
>> >the
>horrible
>> >and
>comes
>> >out
>children
>> >by

>> >==========================================
>> >I've read about all the APOLOGIST material covering for this god that I
>can
>> >handle in a lifetime, thank you. So we wont even get into the capture,
>rape
>> >and sexual abuse of the young virgins in the OT.
>====================
>> If you have actually done so, then you have done so with
>> presupposition and extreme prejudice.
>
>* No. I have done so without a Christian APOLOGIST at my elbow making
>excuses for every atrocity in the bible.

You have confused, wittingly or otherwise, and I doubt the
"otherwise," the atrocities of man with the righteousness of God. You
are duplicitously imputing the barbarism of man upon God, who
explicity and incessantly proscribes man's moral turpitude throughout
his Word.

>> It is man who is evil and no humanistic gloss will ever
>> dispell the fact.
>
>* If you need to believe you are evil - have at it!

Just as you, I fall short of the glory of God. I will be
honest in this matter, though.

Recognizing my limits,
Hector

Flower Power
2004-05-11 02:11:30 EST

> You have confused,

* No, you are the confused on. I have a bible and read it TWICE. Try
actually reading that book of horrors from page 1 to the bitter end in
revelation.

wittingly or otherwise, and I doubt the
> "otherwise," the atrocities of man with the righteousness of God.

* Your god was the world's biggest mass murderer and serial killer this
earth has ever known..... bar none!
--
The Purple Eggplant....
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent

-Hector-
2004-05-11 06:14:39 EST
On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:11:30 -0500, "Flower Power"
<*n@nospam.net> wrote:

>"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
>> >
>> You have confused,
>
>* No, you are the confused on. I have a bible and read it TWICE. Try
>actually reading that book of horrors from page 1 to the bitter end in
>revelation.
>
> wittingly or otherwise, and I doubt the
>> "otherwise," the atrocities of man with the righteousness of God.
>
>* Your god was the world's biggest mass murderer and serial killer this
>earth has ever known..... bar none!

Considering your extensive research then, you would be able to
tell me where I can find the following verses from the Bible?

Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? declares the
Sovereign LORD. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their
ways and live?
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign
LORD. Repent and live!

"This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'Administer true justice; show
mercy and compassion to one another.
Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In
your hearts do not think evil of each other.'

For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather
than burnt offerings.

This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because you poured out your
wealth and exposed your nakedness in your promiscuity with your
lovers, and because of all your detestable idols, and because you gave
them your children's blood,

Expectant,
Hector

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-11 14:37:58 EST

"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:15:41 -0500, "Flower Power"
> <Liberatedlady@nospam.net> wrote:
> >"Osprey" <noneedtoknow@mail.com> wrote in message
> >> "Flower Power" <Liberated-women@spamless.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
> >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
> >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
> >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
> >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were
the
> >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
> >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY -
and
> >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes
out
> >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children
by
> >bashing them on rocks.
>
> No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
> at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
> obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon, and it
> anticipates the mindset of the conquerers of Babylon.

2 Peter 1:20; Although, verse 21 is oft misinterpreted (we may have to argue
this out) verse 20 is a recommendation to check scripture with scripture, no
scripture is independent, if you can't find another verse / text saying the
same thing, DOUBT it, the writer of this horrible verse "happy is one who
casts...against a stone", here voiced his opinion / hate

> It is man who is evil, and it is man that delights in the killing of the
innocent.

Exactly.

> The Bible well intimates that God will judge those that spill the
> blood of the innocent, again and again. It demonstrates the judgement
> of those that kill their firstborn in the fires of Molech, and the
> destruction of the unborn is as heinous, if not more so. It is His
> judgement that is the object of your disdain, and your sanctimony
> merely disguises the reprobate character of this culture in which
> abortion is rationalized.
>
> Holding forth,
> Hector

Glenn (Christian Mystic)

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-11 14:41:29 EST
Exactly, a human's point of veiw, not everything in the Bible is of God

> [...]
> (see Isa_13:16, and the notes at that place), and there may be a reference
> here to that prediction, and the psalmist may mean to say that the man
would
> be accounted happy, or would be happy, who wreaked vengeance on Babylon in
> carrying out that prophecy. The idea is, "This will certainly occur, for
it
> is foretold, and happy or fortunate will he be who is the instrument in
> fulfilling it." Compare 2Ki_8:12; Nah_3:10; Hos_13:16. See also Homer, II
> xxii. 63,373, following It is impossible to reconcile such barbarous
customs
> with the idex of "honorable war," or with the principles of war as carried
> on among "civilized" nations now.
>
> It should be added, however, that there is much - very much - that is
> practiced in war by "civilized" nations still, which it is equally
> impossible to reconcile with any just notions of morality or humanity, and
> which in coming ages, and when people shall come to view things aright,
will
> seem to the people of those times to be not less monstrous, strange, and
> barbarous. In regard to this passage, we are not necessarily to suppose
that
> the author of the psalm approved of this, or desired it, or prayed for it.
> He looked forward to the fulfillment of a prediction; he saw that a just
and
> terrible judgment would certainly come upon Babylon; he expressed that in
> the common language of the times, and states the manner in which it would
> occur; he described the feelings - the gratification - of those who would
> execute the divine purpose in the overthrow of Babylon; he referred to the
> estimate in which the conqueror would be held by people, and the glory of
> the achievement as giving him fame among people.
>
> It must be admitted that the feelings of the author of the psalm appear to
> accord with this; that he considers it proper that the city should be
> destroyed; and that he regards its overthrow as a righteous judgment, and
as
> a thing to be desired in the divine administration. It is true that he
might
> approve of such an overthrow, and see it to be right - he might describe
the
> feelings of those by whom it would be done, their joy, their exultation,
and
> even their barbarity, without himself approving of their barbarity, or
> sympathizing with their feelings, or partaking of their spirit; but still
it
> cannot in fairness be denied that there is an apparent approval of the act
> here referred to, which savors more of imprecation than forgiveness, and
> which is apparently prompted more by the spirit of revenge than by a
desire
> of just punishment. On this subject, however, see the General
Introduction,
> Section 6 (4); and the notes at Psa_109:10. A correct record may be made,
> whether of facts or of feelings, without any design of expressing either
> approbation or disapprobation on the part of the historian, the prophet,
or
> the poet.

Flower Power
2004-05-11 20:16:19 EST

> On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:11:30 -0500, "Flower Power"
> >* Your god was the world's biggest mass murderer and serial killer this
> >earth has ever known..... bar none!
>
> Considering your extensive research then, you would be able to
> tell me where I can find the following verses from the Bible?
============================
How about YOU show me where your god said NOT to slaughter these whole
villages, to NOT kidnap the young virgins, not to cut their hair and nails
off, not to force them into unwanted marriages with men 3 times their
age.... where god told the she-bears NOT to kill the 43 boys for teasing
the bald man....... where god forbid all slavery, never drowned thousands
of people...
--
The Purple Coneflower....
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent
force for atheism ever conceived."
-= Isaac Asimov =-

TerryG
2004-05-12 13:10:20 EST
-Hector- <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message news:<pbpu909duj9m6bc4t27u5nmo11d1pdl554@4ax.com>...
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:15:41 -0500, "Flower Power"
> <Liberatedlady@nospam.net> wrote:
>

> >"Osprey" <noneedtoknow@mail.com> wrote in message

> >====================
> >
> >> Psa 137:9 -
> >>
> >> Happy shall he be that taketh ... - Margin, as in Hebrew, rock. This
> refers
> >> to what was not uncommon in ancient warfare, as it is now among savage
> >> tribes - the indiscriminate slaughter of those of all ages, and of both
> >> sexes, in war.
> >===============
> >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
> >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
> >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
> >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
> >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were the
> >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
> >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY - and
> >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes out
> >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children by
> >bashing them on rocks.
>
> No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
> at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
> obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon, and it
> anticipates the mindset of the conquerers of Babylon. It is man who
> is evil, and it is man that delights in the killing of the innocent.
> The Bible well intimates that God will judge those that spill the
> blood of the innocent, again and again. It demonstrates the judgement
> of those that kill their firstborn in the fires of Molech, and the
> destruction of the unborn is as heinous, if not more so. It is His
> judgement that is the object of your disdain, and your sanctimony
> merely disguises the reprobate character of this culture in which
> abortion is rationalized.
>
> Holding forth,
> Hector

There's nothing so dangerous as someone taking individual pieces of
the Bible and trying to interpret them.

Osprey
2004-05-12 13:20:54 EST

"TerryG" <ritpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> -Hector- <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:15:41 -0500, "Flower Power"
> > <Liberatedlady@nospam.net> wrote:
> >

> > >"Osprey" <noneedtoknow@mail.com> wrote in message

> > >====================

> > refers
> > >===============
> > >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
> > >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
> > >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to
be
> > >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
> > >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were
the
> > >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
> > >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY -
and
> > >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes
out
> > >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small
children by
> > >bashing them on rocks.
> >
> > No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
> > at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
> > obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon, and it
> > anticipates the mindset of the conquerers of Babylon. It is man who
> > is evil, and it is man that delights in the killing of the innocent.
> > The Bible well intimates that God will judge those that spill the
> > blood of the innocent, again and again. It demonstrates the judgement
> > of those that kill their firstborn in the fires of Molech, and the
> > destruction of the unborn is as heinous, if not more so. It is His
> > judgement that is the object of your disdain, and your sanctimony
> > merely disguises the reprobate character of this culture in which
> > abortion is rationalized.
> >
> > Holding forth,
> > Hector
>
> There's nothing so dangerous as someone taking individual pieces of
> the Bible and trying to interpret them.

That is how atheist like Flower Power work though.
They don't know how to read the bible, nor understand it.
What they do is take selective verses, take them out of context, and when
corrected they choose to ignore
their mistakes. They are afraid to understand the bible, let alone admit
they are wrong.
It is a shame what fear does to people. Hopefully one day they will
overcome their fear and just learn to accept
the fact they don't know the bible nor do they understand it.

-Hector-
2004-05-12 13:43:10 EST
On 12 May 2004 10:10:20 -0700, ritpg@hotmail.com (TerryG) wrote:

>-Hector- <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message news:<pbpu909duj9m6bc4t27u5nmo11d1pdl554@4ax.com>...
>> On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:15:41 -0500, "Flower Power"
>> <Liberatedlady@nospam.net> wrote:
>>

>> >"Osprey" <noneedtoknow@mail.com> wrote in message

>> >====================

>> refers
>> >===============
>> >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
>> >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
>> >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
>> >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
>> >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were the
>> >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
>> >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY - and
>> >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes out
>> >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children by
>> >bashing them on rocks.
>>
>> No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
>> at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
>> obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon, and it
>> anticipates the mindset of the conquerers of Babylon. It is man who
>> is evil, and it is man that delights in the killing of the innocent.
>> The Bible well intimates that God will judge those that spill the
>> blood of the innocent, again and again. It demonstrates the judgement
>> of those that kill their firstborn in the fires of Molech, and the
>> destruction of the unborn is as heinous, if not more so. It is His
>> judgement that is the object of your disdain, and your sanctimony
>> merely disguises the reprobate character of this culture in which
>> abortion is rationalized.
>>
>> Holding forth,
>> Hector
>
>There's nothing so dangerous as someone taking individual pieces of
>the Bible and trying to interpret them.

Exactly.

Hector

Flower Power
2004-05-12 17:16:29 EST

"TerryG" <ritpg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> -Hector- <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:15:41 -0500, "Flower Power"
> > <Liberatedlady@nospam.net> wrote:
> >

> > >"Osprey" <noneedtoknow@mail.com> wrote in message

> > >====================

> > refers
> > >===============
> > >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
> > >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
> > >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to
be
> > >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
> > >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were
the
> > >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
> > >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY -
and
> > >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes
out
> > >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small
children by
> > >bashing them on rocks.
> >
> > No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
> > at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
> > obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon, and it
> > anticipates the mindset of the conquerers of Babylon. It is man who
> > is evil, and it is man that delights in the killing of the innocent.
> > The Bible well intimates that God will judge those that spill the
> > blood of the innocent, again and again. It demonstrates the judgement
> > of those that kill their firstborn in the fires of Molech, and the
> > destruction of the unborn is as heinous, if not more so. It is His
> > judgement that is the object of your disdain, and your sanctimony
> > merely disguises the reprobate character of this culture in which
> > abortion is rationalized.
> >
> > Holding forth,
> > Hector
>
> There's nothing so dangerous as someone taking individual pieces of
> the Bible and trying to interpret them.
================================
Oh really? There's nothing so dangerous as someone taking individual
scripture out of context in the
Bible and trying to interpret these scripture to suit one's self.
--
FPower.......
But look what your Jehovah god said in his bible:
Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones." (Infanticide approved by god)

Page:  Previous  1 2 3   Next  (First | Last)