Bible Discussion: What's The Big Deal With Abortion?

What's The Big Deal With Abortion?

Max Mustermann
2004-05-09 16:17:54 EST
I can't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape about abortion.
What is is to you if a woman changes her mind? What business do you have
up her twat? I think you small-minded fools need to get laid once in a
while. You'll have less time to spend in the woman's cooze.
Frank T.
f*s@yahoo.com

Attila
2004-05-09 17:00:38 EST
On Sun, 09 May 2004 22:17:54 +0200, Max Mustermann
<*s@remail.amessage.info> in alt.abortion with message-id
<*2@remail.amessage.info> wrote:

> I can't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape about abortion.
>What is is to you if a woman changes her mind? What business do you have
>up her twat? I think you small-minded fools need to get laid once in a
>while. You'll have less time to spend in the woman's cooze.
> Frank T.
> ftauss@yahoo.com

It's a religious thing. Some god somewhere isn't supposed to like it.
No one can support this, but that has never stopped a fundie before
and it isn't going to even slow them down now.

Flower Power
2004-05-09 20:37:08 EST

"Attila" <prochoice@here.now> wrote in message
> On Sun, 09 May 2004 22:17:54 +0200, Max Mustermann
> <anonymous@remail.amessage.info> in alt.abortion with message-id
> <a32e69f80a0039c05cb156fdebebd4a2@remail.amessage.info> wrote:
>
> > I can't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape about abortion.
> >What is is to you if a woman changes her mind? What business do you have
> >up her twat? I think you small-minded fools need to get laid once in a
> >while. You'll have less time to spend in the woman's cooze.
> > Frank T.
> > ftauss@yahoo.com
>

> It's a religious thing. Some god somewhere isn't supposed to like it.
> No one can support this, but that has never stopped a fundie before
> and it isn't going to even slow them down now.
====================================
It seems this god actually believes they should be killed AFTER birth:
Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones." (Infanticide approved by god)

FP.....
Wise men stare at the unknown, and boldly asks, WHY?
Others... fall on their hands and knees, and start mumbling...
(God did it! God did it!)
~ Thus Spake God's Creator ~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><> ><>

Osprey
2004-05-09 20:56:45 EST

"Flower Power" <Liberated-women@spamless.net> wrote in message

> "Attila" <prochoice@here.now> wrote in message
> > On Sun, 09 May 2004 22:17:54 +0200, Max Mustermann
> > <anonymous@remail.amessage.info> in alt.abortion with message-id
> > <a32e69f80a0039c05cb156fdebebd4a2@remail.amessage.info> wrote:
> >
> > > I can't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape about
abortion.
> > >What is is to you if a woman changes her mind? What business do you
have
> > >up her twat? I think you small-minded fools need to get laid once in a
> > >while. You'll have less time to spend in the woman's cooze.
> > > Frank T.
> > > ftauss@yahoo.com
> >

> > It's a religious thing. Some god somewhere isn't supposed to like it.
> > No one can support this, but that has never stopped a fundie before
> > and it isn't going to even slow them down now.
> ====================================
> It seems this god actually believes they should be killed AFTER birth:
> Psalm 137:9
> "Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
> stones." (Infanticide approved by god)

Psa 137:9 -

Happy shall he be that taketh ... - Margin, as in Hebrew, rock. This refers
to what was not uncommon in ancient warfare, as it is now among savage
tribes - the indiscriminate slaughter of those of all ages, and of both
sexes, in war. It was expressly foretold of Babylon that this would occur
(see Isa_13:16, and the notes at that place), and there may be a reference
here to that prediction, and the psalmist may mean to say that the man would
be accounted happy, or would be happy, who wreaked vengeance on Babylon in
carrying out that prophecy. The idea is, "This will certainly occur, for it
is foretold, and happy or fortunate will he be who is the instrument in
fulfilling it." Compare 2Ki_8:12; Nah_3:10; Hos_13:16. See also Homer, II
xxii. 63,373, following It is impossible to reconcile such barbarous customs
with the idex of "honorable war," or with the principles of war as carried
on among "civilized" nations now.

It should be added, however, that there is much - very much - that is
practiced in war by "civilized" nations still, which it is equally
impossible to reconcile with any just notions of morality or humanity, and
which in coming ages, and when people shall come to view things aright, will
seem to the people of those times to be not less monstrous, strange, and
barbarous. In regard to this passage, we are not necessarily to suppose that
the author of the psalm approved of this, or desired it, or prayed for it.
He looked forward to the fulfillment of a prediction; he saw that a just and
terrible judgment would certainly come upon Babylon; he expressed that in
the common language of the times, and states the manner in which it would
occur; he described the feelings - the gratification - of those who would
execute the divine purpose in the overthrow of Babylon; he referred to the
estimate in which the conqueror would be held by people, and the glory of
the achievement as giving him fame among people.

It must be admitted that the feelings of the author of the psalm appear to
accord with this; that he considers it proper that the city should be
destroyed; and that he regards its overthrow as a righteous judgment, and as
a thing to be desired in the divine administration. It is true that he might
approve of such an overthrow, and see it to be right - he might describe the
feelings of those by whom it would be done, their joy, their exultation, and
even their barbarity, without himself approving of their barbarity, or
sympathizing with their feelings, or partaking of their spirit; but still it
cannot in fairness be denied that there is an apparent approval of the act
here referred to, which savors more of imprecation than forgiveness, and
which is apparently prompted more by the spirit of revenge than by a desire
of just punishment. On this subject, however, see the General Introduction,
Section 6 (4); and the notes at Psa_109:10. A correct record may be made,
whether of facts or of feelings, without any design of expressing either
approbation or disapprobation on the part of the historian, the prophet, or
the poet.

Attila
2004-05-09 20:57:38 EST
On Sun, 9 May 2004 19:37:08 -0500, "Flower Power"
<Liberated-women@spamless.net> in alt.abortion with message-id
<*A@heartoftn.net> wrote:

>"Attila" <prochoice@here.now> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 09 May 2004 22:17:54 +0200, Max Mustermann
>> <anonymous@remail.amessage.info> in alt.abortion with message-id
>> <a32e69f80a0039c05cb156fdebebd4a2@remail.amessage.info> wrote:
>>
>> > I can't understand why everyone is so bent out of shape about abortion.
>> >What is is to you if a woman changes her mind? What business do you have
>> >up her twat? I think you small-minded fools need to get laid once in a
>> >while. You'll have less time to spend in the woman's cooze.
>> > Frank T.
>> > ftauss@yahoo.com
>>

>> It's a religious thing. Some god somewhere isn't supposed to like it.
>> No one can support this, but that has never stopped a fundie before
>> and it isn't going to even slow them down now.
>====================================
>It seems this god actually believes they should be killed AFTER birth:
>Psalm 137:9
>"Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
>stones." (Infanticide approved by god)

Take any position on anything. You can always find something in
religion somewhere to support it.

Flower Power
2004-05-10 00:15:41 EST

====================

> Psa 137:9 -
>
> Happy shall he be that taketh ... - Margin, as in Hebrew, rock. This
refers
> to what was not uncommon in ancient warfare, as it is now among savage
> tribes - the indiscriminate slaughter of those of all ages, and of both
> sexes, in war.
===============
And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were the
infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY - and
all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes out
the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children by
bashing them on rocks.

FP.....
God said:
"Therefore fathers shall eat their sons in the midst of you and
sons shall eat their fathers...I will send famine and wild beasts
against you and they shall rob you of your children; pestilence and
blood shall pass through you; and I will bring a sword upon you. I,
the Lord, have spoken." Ezekiel 5:10, 5:17
Did he make them turn to cannibalism? Did he THRILL at the sight of them
eating their own children? Did he find the aroma as pleasing as when one
burns an innocent lamb?

-Hector-
2004-05-10 07:33:24 EST
On Sun, 9 May 2004 23:15:41 -0500, "Flower Power"
<*y@nospam.net> wrote:

>"Osprey" <noneedtoknow@mail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Flower Power" <Liberated-women@spamless.net> wrote in message
>> > It seems this god actually believes they should be killed AFTER birth:
>> > Psalm 137:9
>> > "Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
>> > stones." (Infanticide approved by god)
>====================
>
>> Psa 137:9 -
>>
>> Happy shall he be that taketh ... - Margin, as in Hebrew, rock. This
>refers
>> to what was not uncommon in ancient warfare, as it is now among savage
>> tribes - the indiscriminate slaughter of those of all ages, and of both
>> sexes, in war.
>===============
>And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
>born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
>horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
>bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
>because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were the
>infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
>slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY - and
>all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes out
>the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children by
>bashing them on rocks.

No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon, and it
anticipates the mindset of the conquerers of Babylon. It is man who
is evil, and it is man that delights in the killing of the innocent.
The Bible well intimates that God will judge those that spill the
blood of the innocent, again and again. It demonstrates the judgement
of those that kill their firstborn in the fires of Molech, and the
destruction of the unborn is as heinous, if not more so. It is His
judgement that is the object of your disdain, and your sanctimony
merely disguises the reprobate character of this culture in which
abortion is rationalized.

Holding forth,
Hector

Flower Power
2004-05-10 20:55:59 EST

"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
> >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
> >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
> >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
> >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
> >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were
the
> >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
> >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY -
and
> >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes
out
> >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children
by
> >bashing them on rocks.
>
> No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
> at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
> obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon,
I've read about all the APOLOGIST material covering for this god that I can
handle in a lifetime, thank you. So we wont even get into the capture, rape
and sexual abuse of the young virgins in the OT.
--
FPower.......
But look what your Jehovah god said in his bible:
Psalm 137:9
"Happy shall he be that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones." (Infanticide approved by god)
======================================

-Hector-
2004-05-10 21:41:31 EST
On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:55:59 -0500, "Flower Power"
<*n@nospam.net> wrote:

>"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
>> >And all APPROVED by your god. A baby is an innocent individual once
>> >born,.... and killing them by throwing them on rocks is sadistic and
>> >horrible - and approved by your god. Think how many times they had to be
>> >bashed onto the rocks to actually kill them! It was a COMMON practice
>> >because their god told them it would make them happy BECAUSE they were
>the
>> >infants and toddlers of the "enemy." So therefore the bloody, horrible
>> >slaughter of these innocent children was to make the soldier's HAPPY -
>and
>> >all approved by your god. No matter how you twist it - it still comes
>out
>> >the same - a god approved horrible slaughter of babies and small children
>by
>> >bashing them on rocks.
>>
>> No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
>> at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
>> obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon,
>I've read about all the APOLOGIST material covering for this god that I can
>handle in a lifetime, thank you. So we wont even get into the capture, rape
>and sexual abuse of the young virgins in the OT.

If you have actually done so, then you have done so with
presupposition and extreme prejudice.
It is man who is evil and no humanistic gloss will ever
dispell the fact.

Brutally honest,
Hector

Flower Power
2004-05-10 22:51:08 EST

> On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:55:59 -0500, "Flower Power"
> <Liberation@nospam.net> wrote:
>

> >"-Hector-" <melitus@Dithyrambic.org> wrote in message
> >the
> >and
> >out
> >by
> >>
> >> No. It would be disingenuous to contend that the psalm is not
> >> at all prophetic in nature. The very passage you attempt to impugn is
> >> obviously prophetic in presaging the downfall of Babylon,
> >==========================================
> >I've read about all the APOLOGIST material covering for this god that I
can
> >handle in a lifetime, thank you. So we wont even get into the capture,
rape
> >and sexual abuse of the young virgins in the OT.
====================
> If you have actually done so, then you have done so with
> presupposition and extreme prejudice.

* No. I have done so without a Christian APOLOGIST at my elbow making
excuses for every atrocity in the bible.

> It is man who is evil and no humanistic gloss will ever
> dispell the fact.

* If you need to believe you are evil - have at it!

--
Purple Petunias....
Creation "Science" Debunked: