Bible Discussion: GLENN (CHRISTIAN MYSTIC) LOSES ALL CREDIBILITY

GLENN (CHRISTIAN MYSTIC) LOSES ALL CREDIBILITY
Posts: 41

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Pastor Dave
2004-05-08 06:53:54 EST
On Fri, 7 May 2004 17:34:46 -0500, "Glenn \(Christian
Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> posted thusly:


>"Pastor Dave" <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:o6sm90566edl73c59n2koealq66lcpgs6i@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 6 May 2004 16:49:48 -0500, "Glenn \(Christian
>> Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> posted thusly:
>>
>>
>> >Someone is now grabing at straws...
>>
>> Really? Well Glenn, I wrote to Thomas Nelson and I am
>> pasting in what I told them and below that, their
>> response to what I said...
>>
>> Here is what I wrote to them...
>>
>>
>> BEGIN MESSAGE TO THOMAS NELSON:
>>
>> ***************************************************************
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am having a discussion with someone and was hoping
>> that you could settle this for me, since you publish
>> the Strong's exhaustive Concordance for the KJV. If
>> not, could you please direct me to the email for them?
>>
>> I have stated the following and was hoping you could
>> tell me if I am correct or not.
>>
>>
>> The Strong's entry consists of three things.
>>
>> 1) The Hebrew word, with the transliteration (written
>> as how it would be pronounced in Hebrew or Greek).
>>
>> For example: male (maw-lay).
>>
>>
>> 2) The actual definition of the word (what it means).
>>
>> For example: to fill, or be full of.
>>
>>
>> 3) What words the Hebrew or Greek word has been
>> translated (rendered) into, in the KJV, which comes
>> after the :- symbol.
>>
>> For example: accomplish, confirm, replenish.
>>
>> All of the above words for #3, are words that will be
>> found in the KJV and the Hebrew word, "male" will be
>> found as the original Hebrew word. That does not mean
>> that every time you see "accomplish" that "male" is the
>> original Hebrew word, but you will find it as such in
>> the KJV, at least once. For example, in Daniel 9:2, we
>> find the word, "accomplish" and the original Hebrew
>> word is "male". In 1 Kings 1:14, we find the word,
>> "confirm" and "male" is the original Hebrew word there.
>>
>> I.e., the words that fit into #3 above, will be found
>> in the KJV, with the word "male" as the original Hebrew
>> word, at least once. It is telling us what other words
>> the translators of the KJV used in other places in the
>> KJV, as a translation of the word "male" into
>> Elizabethan English.
>>
>> In other words, all words are keyed to the KJV. Since
>> you said that they are the modern English words, you
>> are treating the words that are listed as renderings
>> (translations into English that are found in the KJV)
>> in section #3 above, as if they are definitions. The
>> definitions are found in the section of the entry
>> described by #2 above and those would be the modern
>> English words. Note that "replenish" isn't one of the
>> definitions. "Replenish" in Elizabethan English (which
>> is what the KJV was translated into) changed meanings
>> in about 1650. It used to mean simply, "to fill", just
>> as "male" means and then changed to "refill", as our
>> modern English uses the word.
>>
>> To summarize, "replenish" is simply a rendering
>> (translation) of the word "male" and notes what is
>> found in the KJV and not the modern English definition.
>>
>> **************************************************************
>>
>> END MESSAGE TO THOMAS NELSON:
>>
>>
>>
>> Now, here is their response to me...
>>
>>
>>
>> BEGIN RESPONSE FROM THOMAS NELSON:
>>
>> **************************************************************************
>>
>> From: "Hollaway, Lee" <LHollaway@Thomasnelson.Com>
>> To: "'pastordave38@yahoo.com'" <pastordave38@yahoo.com>
>> CC: "Insley, Connie" <CInsley@ThomasNelson.com>
>> Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:52:48 -0500
>> Subject: RE: Contact Us E-mail From ThomasNelson.com
>>
>>
>> Pastor Dave
>>
>> Your explanation required some serious concentration,
>> but I would agree that it accurately states how
>> Strong's works.
>>
>>
>> Lee Hollaway
>> Managing Editor
>> Nelson Academic & Professional Books
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Insley, Connie
>> Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 1:44 PM
>> To: Hollaway, Lee
>> Subject: FW: Contact Us E-mail From ThomasNelson.com
>>
>> **************************************************************************
>>
>>
>> He then went on to tell me about another companion book
>> to the Strong's, that I might find interesting, which
>> gives a reverse lookup. But there it is, in black and
>> white, from Thomas Nelson, the publishers of Strong's
>> Exhaustive Concordance. Now will you admit that you
>> were wrong and that I told you how to accurately use
>> the KJV? This is not for my pride, but for your usage
>> of the book and for those who may be reading this, so
>> that they may know what the correct usage and
>> understanding of the KJV is.
>>
>> If you still don't believe me, I can forward you the
>> email, as it is.
>
>
>
>
>I don't believe you, don't bother to send me anything.
>
>If you are correct, advise Strong's to update their entire book, let me know
>when it comes out. Until then, it says what it says.

Yes, it does. And it says exactly what I told you.

You know, in an effort to give you the benefit of the
doubt, I asked you, if, with all of your problems, you
should be questioning at least some of your
conclusions. You said no. Now, after I explained to
you over and over again, how the Strong's Exhaustive
Concordance works and provided an email to and a
response from the company that publishes it confirming
this, you still insist that you are right and I am
wrong. I'm sorry, but you have just lost ALL
credibility. I can no longer consider your posts worth
responding to, nor should anyone else for that matter.



± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

The real problem with creationism is that
our governments don't have the will to
prosecute the offenders (there are more
troublesome criminals around for one thing)
and our churches have lost the will to combat
heresies. - Dave Oldridge



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-08 18:50:34 EST
Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'

Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be

Children, anyway



:::vera:::
2004-05-08 19:34:04 EST
"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
> Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
>
> Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
>
> Children, anyway

I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I seldom read them,
only when I happen to have a view into Google... He is lacking Jesus.

Love to you,

::: vera :::
--
:::::::::: http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de ::::::::::
:::::::::: http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de/Israel.htm ::::::::::

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever
believeth on me should not abide in darkness.



Pastor Dave
2004-05-09 07:38:07 EST

On Sun, 9 May 2004 01:34:04 +0200, ":::vera:::"
<*x@acc-growing-deeper.de> posted thusly:

>"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
>> Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
>>
>> Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
>>
>> Children, anyway
>
>I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I seldom read them,
>only when I happen to have a view into Google... He is lacking Jesus.

Why? because I revealed what Ive done?


And now, once again, I show my true colors,


--

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"My main objection is simple," she said. "I don't want to be told that Allah is the true and only God five times a day, 365 days a year. It's against my constitutional rights to have to listen to another religion evangelize in my ear." -- Joanne Golen



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----



Pastor Dave
2004-05-09 07:38:09 EST
On Sun, 9 May 2004 01:34:04 +0200, ":::vera:::"
<*x@acc-growing-deeper.de> posted thusly:

>"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
>> Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
>>
>> Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
>>
>> Children, anyway
>
>I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I seldom read them,
>only when I happen to have a view into Google... He is lacking Jesus.

Why? because I revealed what you've done, with
Craig/Griz?

And now, once again, you show your true colors, Vera.
You join with a "Christian Mystic" (as if there were
such a thing), in order to try to attack me.

What Glenn got here, was what he needed. He keeps
claiming to be speaking facts, yet, when shown facts,
he refuses to accept them. That takes away his
credibility. I wasn't asking anyone else to respond
confirming that. Rather, I just wanted them to know
how he operates. You chose to ignore the truth of the
issue and side with a heretic. That says a lot about
you and a "lack of Jesus", Vera.



± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

The real problem with creationism is that
our governments don't have the will to
prosecute the offenders (there are more
troublesome criminals around for one thing)
and our churches have lost the will to combat
heresies. - Dave Oldridge



-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----

Libertarius
2004-05-09 12:28:10 EST


:::vera::: wrote:
>
> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
> > Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
> >
> > Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
> >
> > Children, anyway
>
> I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I seldom read them,
> only when I happen to have a view into Google... He is lacking Jesus.
>
> Love to you,
>
> ::: vera :::
> --
> :::::::::: http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de ::::::::::
> :::::::::: http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de/Israel.htm ::::::::::
>
> John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever
> believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

===>Not only Jesus, he is lacking BRAINS! ;-) -- L.

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-10 19:14:00 EST
Thanks vera :-) "We shall know them by their fruit"

":::vera:::" <verasix@acc-growing-deeper.de> wrote in message
news:2g5941F4aohsU1@uni-berlin.de...
> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
> > Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
> >
> > Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
> >
> > Children, anyway
>
> I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I seldom read
them,
> only when I happen to have a view into Google... He is lacking Jesus.
>
> Love to you,
>
> ::: vera :::
> --
> :::::::::: http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de ::::::::::
> :::::::::: http://www.acc-growing-deeper.de/Israel.htm ::::::::::
>
> John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever
> believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
>
>



Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-25 07:45:58 EST
Pot, kettle, black

"Pastor Dave" <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cr5s90drvpbvk4sg8maruh0sminpcrfnkc@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 9 May 2004 01:34:04 +0200, ":::vera:::"
> <verasix@acc-growing-deeper.de> posted thusly:
>
> >"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
> >> Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
> >>
> >> Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
> >>
> >> Children, anyway
> >
> >I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I seldom
read them,
> >only when I happen to have a view into Google... He is lacking Jesus.
>
> Why? because I revealed what you've done, with
> Craig/Griz?
>
> And now, once again, you show your true colors, Vera.
> You join with a "Christian Mystic" (as if there were
> such a thing), in order to try to attack me.
>
> What Glenn got here, was what he needed. He keeps
> claiming to be speaking facts, yet, when shown facts,
> he refuses to accept them. That takes away his
> credibility. I wasn't asking anyone else to respond
> confirming that. Rather, I just wanted them to know
> how he operates. You chose to ignore the truth of the
> issue and side with a heretic. That says a lot about
> you and a "lack of Jesus", Vera.
>
>
> --
>
> \ufffd Pastor Dave Raymond \ufffd
>
> "As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
> to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
> thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
> before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16
>
> The real problem with creationism is that
> our governments don't have the will to
> prosecute the offenders (there are more
> troublesome criminals around for one thing)
> and our churches have lost the will to combat
> heresies. - Dave Oldridge
>
>
>
> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----



:::vera:::
2004-05-25 11:32:40 EST
In news:10b6cfnrs98c953@corp.supernews.com,
Glenn (Christian Mystic) <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote:
> Pot, kettle, black

What does Pastor Dave know, he, a pharisee? Calling himself a Christian, but being as cold as ice? He should open his heart to
Jesus.

I have never met a more impressive witness for Jesus than you are, Glenn. It does not mean we are always of the same opinion, but in
the main and most important. All denominations have something that others regard to be wrong. Maybe the expression "Christian
Mystic" is a bit confusing, because many think "mystic" is always "occult". They cannot see where you are coming from. Maybe you
should clear this. I do not know if Jews really need the Bible. God let us know that He wrote everything into their hearts. Maybe it
is all there in you, and I do not fix you to it, though it is God's Word for me. But you do not need it, maybe, to come to nearly
the same results.

The moment you told me why you regard yourself to be a born again Christian I accepted it and new what you meant - from Him. I do
not think I am wrong. I think that God's people have something like a special status, and it is not up to me to judge them after
they have accepted Jesus as their Saviour like you have.

I think you should go and bear witness of your faith more than allowing being torn into fights where you have to prove who you are.
I am writing in a Messianic group as well, and they could do with your support, I guess, too. You are such a strong witness for
Jesus. You do not have to justify that, Glenn. But tell the world why you believe in Him. And please regard: what the Bible means to
you does not have to be the same for people coming from the pagans. God gave it to us to understand better... Many others cannot do
without it, and God really reveals Himself very often through it. If the Bible is misused the way Pastor Dave misuses it, however,
this is also not okay. Solomon told us to go a way in the middle of all... He had his wisdom from God...

Much love to you and your wife,

::: vera :::

P.S.: I have heard on TV lately that they have found a new way for implanting kidneys from people with different blood groups, too.
Maybe you might be interested in this. That would mean that family members or friends could be the giver as well.







>
> "Pastor Dave" <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:cr5s90drvpbvk4sg8maruh0sminpcrfnkc@4ax.com...
>> On Sun, 9 May 2004 01:34:04 +0200, ":::vera:::"
>> <verasix@acc-growing-deeper.de> posted thusly:
>>
>>> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
>>>> Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones 'credibility'
>>>>
>>>> Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT might be
>>>>
>>>> Children, anyway
>>>
>>> I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have written there... I
>>> seldom read them, only when I happen to have a view into Google...
>>> He is lacking Jesus.
>>
>> Why? because I revealed what you've done, with
>> Craig/Griz?
>>
>> And now, once again, you show your true colors, Vera.
>> You join with a "Christian Mystic" (as if there were
>> such a thing), in order to try to attack me.
>>
>> What Glenn got here, was what he needed. He keeps
>> claiming to be speaking facts, yet, when shown facts,
>> he refuses to accept them. That takes away his
>> credibility. I wasn't asking anyone else to respond
>> confirming that. Rather, I just wanted them to know
>> how he operates. You chose to ignore the truth of the
>> issue and side with a heretic. That says a lot about
>> you and a "lack of Jesus", Vera.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> \ufffd Pastor Dave Raymond \ufffd
>>
>> "As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
>> to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
>> thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
>> before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16
>>
>> The real problem with creationism is that
>> our governments don't have the will to
>> prosecute the offenders (there are more
>> troublesome criminals around for one thing)
>> and our churches have lost the will to combat
>> heresies. - Dave Oldridge
>>
>>
>>
>> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
>> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
>> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----



Diana
2004-05-25 11:53:40 EST
Wow Vera keep going. You just alienated yet another of
"Your" friends. Odd thing is I still like you and don't
even know why. Guess I see a young lady who is new to
Christianity and struggling so bad with the world. Got
you in my prayers Vera. I hope you realize what you are
doing before you have no friends left to block.

Diana
":::vera:::" <verasix@acc-growing-deeper.de> wrote in
message news:2hh792Fcp93pU1@uni-berlin.de...
> In news:10b6cfnrs98c953@corp.supernews.com,
> Glenn (Christian Mystic) <christianmystic@ev1.net>
wrote:
> > Pot, kettle, black
>
> What does Pastor Dave know, he, a pharisee? Calling
himself a Christian, but being as cold as ice? He
should open his heart to
> Jesus.
>
> I have never met a more impressive witness for Jesus
than you are, Glenn. It does not mean we are always of
the same opinion, but in
> the main and most important. All denominations have
something that others regard to be wrong. Maybe the
expression "Christian
> Mystic" is a bit confusing, because many think
"mystic" is always "occult". They cannot see where you
are coming from. Maybe you
> should clear this. I do not know if Jews really need
the Bible. God let us know that He wrote everything
into their hearts. Maybe it
> is all there in you, and I do not fix you to it,
though it is God's Word for me. But you do not need it,
maybe, to come to nearly
> the same results.
>
> The moment you told me why you regard yourself to be
a born again Christian I accepted it and new what you
meant - from Him. I do
> not think I am wrong. I think that God's people have
something like a special status, and it is not up to me
to judge them after
> they have accepted Jesus as their Saviour like you
have.
>
> I think you should go and bear witness of your faith
more than allowing being torn into fights where you
have to prove who you are.
> I am writing in a Messianic group as well, and they
could do with your support, I guess, too. You are such
a strong witness for
> Jesus. You do not have to justify that, Glenn. But
tell the world why you believe in Him. And please
regard: what the Bible means to
> you does not have to be the same for people coming
from the pagans. God gave it to us to understand
better... Many others cannot do
> without it, and God really reveals Himself very often
through it. If the Bible is misused the way Pastor Dave
misuses it, however,
> this is also not okay. Solomon told us to go a way in
the middle of all... He had his wisdom from God...
>
> Much love to you and your wife,
>
> ::: vera :::
>
> P.S.: I have heard on TV lately that they have found
a new way for implanting kidneys from people with
different blood groups, too.
> Maybe you might be interested in this. That would
mean that family members or friends could be the giver
as well.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> >
> > "Pastor Dave" <nospam*-*pastordave38@yahoo.com>
wrote in message
> > news:cr5s90drvpbvk4sg8maruh0sminpcrfnkc@4ax.com...
> >> On Sun, 9 May 2004 01:34:04 +0200, ":::vera:::"
> >> <verasix@acc-growing-deeper.de> posted thusly:
> >>
> >>> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)"
<*c@ev1.net> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag
news:109qp1rpngins66@corp.supernews.com...
> >>>> Whoppie do, as if a few posts destroys ones
'credibility'
> >>>>
> >>>> Enjoy your *prize* for *winning*, whatever THAT
might be
> >>>>
> >>>> Children, anyway
> >>>
> >>> I do not care what "Pastor" Dave might have
written there... I
> >>> seldom read them, only when I happen to have a
view into Google...
> >>> He is lacking Jesus.
> >>
> >> Why? because I revealed what you've done, with
> >> Craig/Griz?
> >>
> >> And now, once again, you show your true colors,
Vera.
> >> You join with a "Christian Mystic" (as if there
were
> >> such a thing), in order to try to attack me.
> >>
> >> What Glenn got here, was what he needed. He keeps
> >> claiming to be speaking facts, yet, when shown
facts,
> >> he refuses to accept them. That takes away his
> >> credibility. I wasn't asking anyone else to
respond
> >> confirming that. Rather, I just wanted them to
know
> >> how he operates. You chose to ignore the truth of
the
> >> issue and side with a heretic. That says a lot
about
> >> you and a "lack of Jesus", Vera.
> >>
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> \ufffd Pastor Dave Raymond \ufffd
> >>
> >> "As for me, I have not hastened from being a
pastor
> >> to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful
day;
> >> thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was
right
> >> before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16
> >>
> >> The real problem with creationism is that
> >> our governments don't have the will to
> >> prosecute the offenders (there are more
> >> troublesome criminals around for one thing)
> >> and our churches have lost the will to combat
> >> heresies. - Dave Oldridge
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet
News =-----
> >> http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup
Service in the World!
> >> -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different
Servers! =-----
>
>


Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron