Bible Discussion: Jesus Is The Lord

Jesus Is The Lord

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

Allan Svensson
2004-05-08 03:32:35 EST

Jesus is the Lord

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou
shalt be saved." Rom. 10:9. We do not become saved only because
we say that we are saved. There are many apostates who say they are
saved (Christians), they have a reputation of being alive, but they are
dead. Rev. 3:1-3, 14-18. But if you confess that Jesus is the Lord
and stand for this conviction whatever it may cost, then you will be
saved.

We need perseverance to receive what God has promised. If anyone
draws back, the Lord has no pleasure in him. Hebr. 10:35-39.

Is Jesus really your Lord, or is any other lord your lord? Perhaps
any pastor or any priest in the Church wants to be your lord?
They have no authority for that. Perhaps the TV or the Computer
has been a lord over you?

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in
wickedness." 1 John 5:19. The whole earth is occupied by the
devil as we can see. But we that belong to Jesus shall not
subordinate us under this occupying power. We shall resist the
devil and frank confess that Jesus Christ is the real Lord and
King of the earth. James 4:7. Col. 1:14-17. And when we serve
Jesus and proclaim his gospel, we may not let us be cheated of
any rules and prohibitions of the Antichrist. Jesus Christ is our
Lord, and we shall obey him.

Preaching gospel and give people God's word is always allowed.
We do not need permission of governments. Jesus' first disciples
did not go to the governments and asked for permission to preach
gospel. No, on the command of the Lord they went and taught the
people. Please, read Acts 4th and 5th chapters.

The missions-command of Jesus in Matt. 28:18-20 is permission
enough. Consider, if we become judged and must pay a fine,
or come in prison? That could Peter also have said. Shall we not
be obedient to the authorities? Rom. 13:1-7. Yes, but if the
authorities set themselves up against God and abusing their
authority and execute rules and prohibition that are against God's
words, then we must obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29.

If we want to follow Jesus and serve him that we decide actual.
Mark 8:34-38. But then we must also take into account the cost
and take the consequences of our faith. The apostles had to do it.
They became both put in prison and maltreated, but when they
came free they continued to teach the people.

Because of Rom. 13:1-7 many mean that our Christians have the
obligation to do military service. But the armed forces are not any
such authorities intended in this biblical quotation. The authorities
appointed by God are to horror, not for them that make what good
is, but for them that make what is evil. For being free from fear of
the authority, then do what is good and you will be commended of
it. How can this agree with the armed forces? Are the military
armaments to horror only for them that make what is evil? Do the
armed forces praise those who do what is good? No, in the military
it is on the contrary. Those who refuse to learn to handle murder
weapons run the risk of to be put in prison.

We must distinguish between the authorities appointed by God,
and the false so-called authorities appointed by ungodly people
that trust more on theirs machine-guns and cannons than in God.
The military armaments have people of the world been forced to
obtain because of their own unbelief. They have left God and his
authority entirely out of account. Therefore, they cannot maintain
"the peace" without this military balance of power. When they do
not want to believe in God, they may not think that they shall
get help of him. James 1:6-7.

God has given us a free will so that we can choose whom we want
to serve, God or the devil. But we cannot be neutral. Those who
do not want to subordinate them to God and serve him, become
slaves to the sin and the devil and must subordinate them to the
"authorities" that they have provided. Please, read 1 Sam. 8:4-22!

When God created the people, he gave them authority to replenish
the earth, and subdue it. Genesis 1:26-28. But now it is not so.
Now it is the devil that has this authority to subdue and rule all
over the earth, and he has become the god of this age. 2 Cor. 4:4.
It is not God that has given the devil this authority. God gave it to
the people. After that have the people through their sin conveyed
it to the devil, and become his slaves. Everyone who sins is a
slave to sin. John 8:32-36.

Consider, if all nations of the world understood that. But instead
of put on the full armour of God and defend themselves against
the common enemy the devil, they attack each other. Ef. 6:10-18.
It is so the devil want to have it. Accordingly, they serve the
occupying power and come consequently to fall under the same
judgement.

Our worst enemies are not those who, with by force of arms, want
to cause us damage, but those who want to make us evil. And our
only possibility of defending us, is to hold us to the Lord and trust
in him. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our
Lord Jesus Christ! 1 Cor. 15:57. 2 Cor. 2:14. Please, read
Psalm 91.

When the devil was tempting Jesus in the desert, he showed him in
an instant all the kingdoms of the world, and he said to Jesus:
"All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is
delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will give it." Luke 4:6.
Jesus did not accept the devil's "offering", but neither he denied
that the power over all the kingdoms in the world had become
conveyed to the devil.

Jesus knew how he would take the authority from the devil. The
Father had promised Jesus an eternal Kingdom that not can perish.
Daniel 7:9-18. In Matt. 28:18 Jesus says: "All authority in heaven
and on earth has been given to me."

And in Matt. 24:27-31, Jesus says: "For as the lightning cometh
out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the
coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever the carcase is,
there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately after the
tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon
shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and
the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear
the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes
of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in
the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall
send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall
gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of
heaven to the other."
Please, compare Daniel 7:13-14.

Do you want to read the continuation of this article
or if you have any questions
Please, visit my Web Site

http://www.algonet.se/~allan-sv/CONTENTS.HTM

(Article 65)

Henry Etta
2004-05-08 17:52:32 EST

"Allan Svensson" <allan-sv@algonet.se> wrote in message

> Jesus is the Lord
>
> "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
> believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou
> shalt be saved." Rom. 10:9. We do not become saved only because
> we say that we are saved. There are many apostates who say they are
> saved (Christians), they have a reputation of being alive, but they are
> dead. Rev. 3:1-3, 14-18. But if you confess that Jesus is the Lord
> and stand for this conviction whatever it may cost, then you will be
> saved.

Saved from what? The cruel bible God and his hencemen? <G>

Henry Etta

Libertarius
2004-05-08 18:46:09 EST

Henry Etta wrote:

> "Allan Svensson" <allan-sv@algonet.se> wrote in message
> >

> > Jesus is the Lord
> >
> > "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
> > believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou
> > shalt be saved." Rom. 10:9. We do not become saved only because
> > we say that we are saved. There are many apostates who say they are
> > saved (Christians), they have a reputation of being alive, but they are
> > dead. Rev. 3:1-3, 14-18. But if you confess that Jesus is the Lord
> > and stand for this conviction whatever it may cost, then you will be
> > saved.
>
> Saved from what? The cruel bible God and his hencemen? <G>
>
> Henry Etta

===>Saved from DYING!
That is the old Pauline hoax.
He promised his followers that they will not die, because Christ defeated
death,
Christ will come, in the midst of angelic trumpets, and will snap them up to
heaven.
Christians have since then changed it to soul life after death, but cannot
quite give up the
idea of the "second coming", since it is in their Bible, which they call the
"word of God".
And how could that not be true?
The author of 2 Peter already came up with an explanation of how come
everyone is
still dying by reminding the believers that a divine day is a thousand years
for us
earthlings.
Must have something to do with something like Einsteinian time distortion.
;-) -- L.

Henry Etta
2004-05-09 15:09:02 EST

"Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message

> Henry Etta wrote:

>> Saved from what? The cruel bible God and his hencemen? <G>
>>
>> Henry Etta
>
> ===>Saved from DYING!
> That is the old Pauline hoax.
> He promised his followers that they will not die, because Christ defeated
> death,
> Christ will come, in the midst of angelic trumpets, and will snap them up
> heaven.
> Christians have since then changed it to soul life after death, but cannot
> quite give up the
> idea of the "second coming", since it is in their Bible, which they call
> the
> "word of God".
> And how could that not be true?
> The author of 2 Peter already came up with an explanation of how come
> everyone is
> still dying by reminding the believers that a divine day is a thousand
> years
> for us
> earthlings.
> Must have something to do with something like Einsteinian time distortion.
> ;-) -- L.

lol

Henry Etta

Libertarius
2004-05-09 21:49:37 EST

Henry Etta wrote:

> "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
> >

> > Henry Etta wrote:
>
> >> Saved from what? The cruel bible God and his hencemen? <G>
> >>
> >> Henry Etta
> >
> > ===>Saved from DYING!
> > That is the old Pauline hoax.
> > He promised his followers that they will not die, because Christ defeated
> > death,
> > Christ will come, in the midst of angelic trumpets, and will snap them up
> > heaven.
> > Christians have since then changed it to soul life after death, but cannot
> > quite give up the
> > idea of the "second coming", since it is in their Bible, which they call
> > the
> > "word of God".
> > And how could that not be true?
> > The author of 2 Peter already came up with an explanation of how come
> > everyone is
> > still dying by reminding the believers that a divine day is a thousand
> > years
> > for us
> > earthlings.
> > Must have something to do with something like Einsteinian time distortion.
> > ;-) -- L.
>
> lol
>
> Henry Etta\

===>"God" works not only in mysterious ways, but moves
faster than a speeding bullet... faster than light!
Jesus ascended to "heaven" only two days ago -- in divine time. -- L.

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-11 14:51:53 EST

"Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
> Henry Etta wrote:
> > "Allan Svensson" <allan-sv@algonet.se> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Jesus is the Lord
> > > "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt
> > > believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou
> > > shalt be saved." Rom. 10:9. We do not become saved only because
> > > we say that we are saved. There are many apostates who say they are
> > > saved (Christians), they have a reputation of being alive, but they
are
> > > dead. Rev. 3:1-3, 14-18. But if you confess that Jesus is the Lord
> > > and stand for this conviction whatever it may cost, then you will be
> > > saved.
> >
> > Saved from what? The cruel bible God and his hencemen? <G>
> > Henry Etta
>
> ===>Saved from DYING!
> That is the old Pauline hoax.
> He promised his followers that they will not die,

Our bodies are a shell, we don't die

> because Christ defeated death,
> Christ will come, in the midst of angelic trumpets, and will snap them up
to heaven.
> Christians have since then changed it to soul life after death, but cannot
quite give up the
> idea of the "second coming", since it is in their Bible, which they call
the "word of God".
> And how could that not be true?
> The author of 2 Peter already came up with an explanation of how come
everyone is
> still dying by reminding the believers that a divine day is a thousand
years for us
> earthlings.
> Must have something to do with something like Einsteinian time distortion.
> ;-) -- L.

G(CM)

Henry Etta
2004-05-11 15:45:25 EST

"Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message

> "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
>> Henry Etta wrote:
>> > "Allan Svensson" <allan-sv@algonet.se> wrote in message

> are
>> >
>> > Saved from what? The cruel bible God and his hencemen? <G>
>> > Henry Etta
>>
>> ===>Saved from DYING!
>> That is the old Pauline hoax.
>> He promised his followers that they will not die,
>
> Our bodies are a shell, we don't die

Come on Glenn, anyone can make such an assertion SEE:

"Our bodies are not real, we just think that they are."

Makes about as much sense as your claim.

Have you ever really objectively thought about your this Christian nonsense,
try it some time, you may enjoy it.

Henry Etta

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-12 15:44:38 EST

"Henry Etta" <Etta@etta.com> wrote in message
> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
> > "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message

<snip>

> >> ===>Saved from DYING!
> >> That is the old Pauline hoax.
> >> He promised his followers that they will not die,
> >
> > Our bodies are a shell, we don't die
>
> Come on Glenn, anyone can make such an assertion SEE:
> "Our bodies are not real, we just think that they are."
> Makes about as much sense as your claim.
> Have you ever really objectively thought about your this Christian
nonsense,
> try it some time, you may enjoy it.

After experiencing a few moments of life after death...there is no reason to
question its existence

> Henry Etta

Glenn (Christian Mystic)

Henry Etta
2004-05-12 17:07:24 EST

> "Henry Etta" <Etta@etta.com> wrote in message
>> "Glenn (Christian Mystic)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
>> > "Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message
>
> <snip>

>> > Our bodies are a shell, we don't die
>>
>> Come on Glenn, anyone can make such an assertion SEE:
>> "Our bodies are not real, we just think that they are."
>> Makes about as much sense as your claim.
>> Have you ever really objectively thought about your this Christian
> nonsense,
>> try it some time, you may enjoy it.
>
> After experiencing a few moments of life after death...there is no reason
> question its existence

Really! After "death", near "death", etc., experiences are common
throughtout the world. Hindus, Bhuddist, Athiest, Xian, Bible Thumpers,
non-Bilble Thumpers, Japanese, Chinese, Communist, etc.

You are going to have to do better than that.

It is a common experience throughtout the world and easily explained by
science.

If you learn nothing else from me, learn this!

The Universe is a wonderful place, read about the reversal of the earth's
magnetic polarity, learn and appreciate what we know.

Nothing supernatural is possible, absolutely nothing.

Henry Etta

>> Henry Etta
>
> Glenn (Christian Mystic)

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-05-14 17:10:55 EST
Everything, if one wishes, can be explained away...