Bible Discussion: Who Wrote The New Testament?

Who Wrote The New Testament?

Grinder
2004-05-03 21:07:56 EST
I've nearly completed Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" Can anyone
recommend a similar treatment of the New Testament's history and sources?

John Ings
2004-05-03 21:47:03 EST
On Tue, 04 May 2004 01:07:56 GMT, "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.net>
wrote:

>I've nearly completed Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" Can anyone
>recommend a similar treatment of the New Testament's history and sources?

"Who Wrote the New Testament? The Making of the Christian Myth"
Burton L. Mack
[HarperSanFrancisco 1995]

Grinder
2004-05-03 21:51:35 EST

"John Ings" <nodamned@spam.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 04 May 2004 01:07:56 GMT, "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I've nearly completed Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" Can anyone
> >recommend a similar treatment of the New Testament's history and sources?
>
> "Who Wrote the New Testament? The Making of the Christian Myth"
> Burton L. Mack
> [HarperSanFrancisco 1995]

You've read it? (An elaboration upon it would be appreciated.)

Libertarius
2004-05-03 22:39:43 EST

Grinder wrote:

> I've nearly completed Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" Can anyone
> recommend a similar treatment of the New Testament's history and sources?

===>SEE: Burton Mack's
"Who Wrote the New Testament?
The Making of the Christian Myth"
(10 used & new from $9.99 at AMAZON.COM) -- L.

Libertarius
2004-05-03 22:41:11 EST

Grinder wrote:

> "John Ings" <nodamned@spam.org> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 04 May 2004 01:07:56 GMT, "Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >I've nearly completed Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" Can anyone
> > >recommend a similar treatment of the New Testament's history and sources?
> >
> > "Who Wrote the New Testament? The Making of the Christian Myth"
> > Burton L. Mack
> > [HarperSanFrancisco 1995]
>
> You've read it? (An elaboration upon it would be appreciated.)

SEE:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060655186/ref=pd_luc_mri/002-7931557-6880034?v=glance&s=books&me=ATVPDKIKX0DER&st=*

Grinder
2004-05-05 00:32:47 EST

"Libertarius" <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in message

> Grinder wrote:
>
> > I've nearly completed Friedman's "Who Wrote The Bible?" Can anyone
> > recommend a similar treatment of the New Testament's history and
sources?

> ===>SEE: Burton Mack's
> "Who Wrote the New Testament?
> The Making of the Christian Myth"
> (10 used & new from $9.99 at AMAZON.COM) -- L.

Thanks, I'll start here. I've also taken a cue from one of the user reviews
at amazon and have picked up "The Complete Gospels."