Bible Discussion: Noah's Ark?

Noah's Ark?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Next  (First | Last)

Martus
2004-04-27 11:25:16 EST
Satellite photos spark
Noah's Ark trek
Explorers believe ship spotted in images taken amid record heat

1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

A team of scientists, archaeologists and forensic experts plan to
climb Turkey's Mt. Ararat this summer in quest of evidence that will
prove they have discovered Noah's Ark.

Satellite photos taken last year at the height of a record-warm
summer, give Daniel P. McGivern confidence he has discovered the
biblical icon.

"These new photos unequivocally show a man made object," McGivern told
reporters at the National Press Club in Washington.

"I am convinced that the excavation of the object and the results of
tests run on any collected samples will prove that it is Noah's Ark,"
said McGivern, president of Shamrock - The Trinity Corporation of
Honolulu, Hawaii.

McGivren said his field manager for the excavation will be Dr. Ahmet
Ali Arslan, a native of Turkey who has traveled up Mount Ararat 50
times in 40 years.

Arslan, who formerly worked in the Turkish prime minister's office,
plans to discuss details of the excavation with the prime minister
next week, according to Space.com.

The U.S. Air Force took the first photographs of the Mt. Ararat site
in 1949, Space.com said. The images allegedly revealed what seemed to
be a structure covered by ice, but were held for year in a
confidential file labeled "Ararat Anomaly."

The government released several of the images in 1997, but experts say
they are inconclusive.

McGivern's expedition follows an attempt in 2002 by Porcher Taylor, a
senior associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies
in Washington, D.C.

Taylor used satellite imagery of the area, but photos taken in 2003 by
DigitalGlobe's Quick Bird satellite provide a unique view because last
summer was Europe's hottest since 1500.

The journey up Ararat, 17,820 feet, is planned for July 15 to Aug. 15.

The team's goal is to enter the alleged structure, believed to be
about 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and as long as 450 feet.

"We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We're
going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it,"
McGivern told reporters.

Satellite photo at

http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_ark_dgimage01_02.jpg&cap=According%20to%20press%20materials%20supplied%20by%20Shamrock%20--%20The%20Trinity%20Corporation,%20this%20satellite%20view%20shows%20Noah's%20Ark%20jutting%20out%20from%20the%20snow%20on%20Mt.%20Ararat.%20Image%20Courtesy%20of%20Digital%20Globe

Perhaps the ark was preserved in ice so that we of the end time would
be able to see the final proof before the coming of the global
destruction of the godless by the godless and the rapture of God's
people.

End
times:
http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Patrick
2004-04-27 15:21:32 EST

"martus" <marttila69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Satellite photos spark
> Noah's Ark trek
> Explorers believe ship spotted in images taken amid record heat

------
> 1:00 a.m. Eastern
>

> \ufffd 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
>
> A team of scientists, archaeologists and forensic experts plan to
> climb Turkey's Mt. Ararat this summer in quest of evidence that will
> prove they have discovered Noah's Ark.
>
> Satellite photos taken last year at the height of a record-warm
> summer, give Daniel P. McGivern confidence he has discovered the
> biblical icon.
>
> "These new photos unequivocally show a man made object," McGivern told
> reporters at the National Press Club in Washington.
>
> "I am convinced that the excavation of the object and the results of
> tests run on any collected samples will prove that it is Noah's Ark,"
> said McGivern, president of Shamrock - The Trinity Corporation of
> Honolulu, Hawaii.
>
> McGivren said his field manager for the excavation will be Dr. Ahmet
> Ali Arslan, a native of Turkey who has traveled up Mount Ararat 50
> times in 40 years.
>
> Arslan, who formerly worked in the Turkish prime minister's office,
> plans to discuss details of the excavation with the prime minister
> next week, according to Space.com.
>
> The U.S. Air Force took the first photographs of the Mt. Ararat site
> in 1949, Space.com said. The images allegedly revealed what seemed to
> be a structure covered by ice, but were held for year in a
> confidential file labeled "Ararat Anomaly."
>
> The government released several of the images in 1997, but experts say
> they are inconclusive.
>
> McGivern's expedition follows an attempt in 2002 by Porcher Taylor, a
> senior associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies
> in Washington, D.C.
>
> Taylor used satellite imagery of the area, but photos taken in 2003 by
> DigitalGlobe's Quick Bird satellite provide a unique view because last
> summer was Europe's hottest since 1500.
>
> The journey up Ararat, 17,820 feet, is planned for July 15 to Aug. 15.
>
> The team's goal is to enter the alleged structure, believed to be
> about 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and as long as 450 feet.
>
> "We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We're
> going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it,"
> McGivern told reporters.
>

> Satellite photo at

http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_ark_dgimage01_02.jpg&cap=According%20to%20press%20materials%20supplied%20by%20Shamrock%20--%20The%20Trinity%20Corporation,%20this%20satellite%20view%20shows%20Noah's%20Ark%20jutting%20out%20from%20the%20snow%20on%20Mt.%20Ararat.%20Image%20Courtesy%20of%20Digital%20Globe

incredible photo!!! if you look slightly to the left of the ark i think you
can see the lair of the Yeti...and down at the bottom of the picture is the
Easter Bunny! This is incredible! Finally we have proof!

> Perhaps the ark was preserved in ice so that we of the end time would
> be able to see the final proof before the coming of the global
> destruction of the godless by the godless and the rapture of God's
> people.
>
> End
> times:
> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Skittles123
2004-04-27 20:47:12 EST
video:

November 2, 2002
http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3388796,00.html

Jw
2004-04-28 04:37:54 EST
x-no-archive: yes
On 27 Apr 2004 08:25:16 -0700, marttila69@hotmail.com (martus) wrote:
john w replied
>Satellite photos spark
>Noah's Ark trek
>Explorers believe ship spotted in images taken amid record heat

>1:00 a.m. Eastern
>

>© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com
>
>A team of scientists, archaeologists and forensic experts plan to
>climb Turkey's Mt. Ararat this summer in quest of evidence that will
>prove they have discovered Noah's Ark.
>
>Satellite photos taken last year at the height of a record-warm
>summer, give Daniel P. McGivern confidence he has discovered the
>biblical icon.
>
>"These new photos unequivocally show a man made object," McGivern told
>reporters at the National Press Club in Washington.
>
>"I am convinced that the excavation of the object and the results of
>tests run on any collected samples will prove that it is Noah's Ark,"
>said McGivern, president of Shamrock - The Trinity Corporation of
>Honolulu, Hawaii.
>
>McGivren said his field manager for the excavation will be Dr. Ahmet
>Ali Arslan, a native of Turkey who has traveled up Mount Ararat 50
>times in 40 years.
>
>Arslan, who formerly worked in the Turkish prime minister's office,
>plans to discuss details of the excavation with the prime minister
>next week, according to Space.com.
>
>The U.S. Air Force took the first photographs of the Mt. Ararat site
>in 1949, Space.com said. The images allegedly revealed what seemed to
>be a structure covered by ice, but were held for year in a
>confidential file labeled "Ararat Anomaly."
>
>The government released several of the images in 1997, but experts say
>they are inconclusive.
>
>McGivern's expedition follows an attempt in 2002 by Porcher Taylor, a
>senior associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies
>in Washington, D.C.
>
>Taylor used satellite imagery of the area, but photos taken in 2003 by
>DigitalGlobe's Quick Bird satellite provide a unique view because last
>summer was Europe's hottest since 1500.
>
>The journey up Ararat, 17,820 feet, is planned for July 15 to Aug. 15.
>
>The team's goal is to enter the alleged structure, believed to be
>about 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and as long as 450 feet.
>
>"We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We're
>going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it,"
>McGivern told reporters.

Let's hope and pray that FINALLY, an expedition to the site will get
there and get back. This must be the 4th or 5th attempt at LEAST. All
previous attempts in modern times have failed.

In fact, in the 70s, my church co-sponsored an expedition, and they
were half-way up the mountain when they were attacked and robbed (lost
ALL their equipment), and reported to have BARELY escaped with their
lives.

I know there were at least 2 attempts before that 70s attempt, and I
seem to recall one since. Those that I know about, the one BEFORE the
one we sponsored, and the one AFTER the one we sponsored, ALL were
assaulted and robbed.

I think someone in Turkey is VERY interested in our NOT finding the
Ark.

Let's pray that this time we succeed. I had suggested that the
expeditionary team rent/buy a helicopter that could drop them on/near
the summit to avoid the highway bandits. I was told that that was NOT
a possibility, since the mountain top they're aiming at is like a mile
higher than a helicopter can climb.

Perhaps a Harrier? (the French/American jet aircraft that takes
off/lands like a helicopter, and when it is 100 (?) feet or higher off
the ground, it flies like a jet aircraft.)

jw

>Satellite photo at
>
>http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_ark_dgimage01_02.jpg&cap=According%20to%20press%20materials%20supplied%20by%20Shamrock%20--%20The%20Trinity%20Corporation,%20this%20satellite%20view%20shows%20Noah's%20Ark%20jutting%20out%20from%20the%20snow%20on%20Mt.%20Ararat.%20Image%20Courtesy%20of%20Digital%20Globe

>Perhaps the ark was preserved in ice so that we of the end time would
>be able to see the final proof before the coming of the global
>destruction of the godless by the godless and the rapture of God's
>people.
>
> End
> times:
> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Jw
2004-04-28 04:58:28 EST
x-no-archive: yes
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:21:32 -0400, "Patrick" <pjm@netscape.net>
wrote:
john w replied

> [...]
>> about 45 feet high, 75 feet wide and as long as 450 feet.
>>
>> "We are not excavating it. We are not taking any artifacts. We're
>> going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it,"
>> McGivern told reporters.
>>

>> Satellite photo at
>>

>http://www.space.com/php/multimedia/imagedisplay/img_display.php?pic=h_ark_dgimage01_02.jpg&cap=According%20to%20press%20materials%20supplied%20by%20Shamrock%20--%20The%20Trinity%20Corporation,%20this%20satellite%20view%20shows%20Noah's%20Ark%20jutting%20out%20from%20the%20snow%20on%20Mt.%20Ararat.%20Image%20Courtesy%20of%20Digital%20Globe
>>

>incredible photo!!! if you look slightly to the left of the ark i think you
>can see the lair of the Yeti...and down at the bottom of the picture is the
>Easter Bunny! This is incredible! Finally we have proof!

Funny. With the top chunk POINTED and the bottom chunk ROUNDED, looks
like a ship to ME.

You will not see what you refuse to see.

Let me put it another way. It's just about impossible to "find a
needle in a haystack." It IS impossible to find that needle in that
haystack if you aren't searching for the needle to begin with.

jw

>> Perhaps the ark was preserved in ice so that we of the end time would
>> be able to see the final proof before the coming of the global
>> destruction of the godless by the godless and the rapture of God's
>> people.
>>
>> End
>> times:
>> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Jw
2004-04-28 05:05:28 EST
x-no-archive: yes
On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:47:12 -0400, "skittles123"
<*3@adelphia.net> wrote:
john w replied
>video:
>
>November 2, 2002
>http://www.techtv.com/news/culture/story/0,24195,3388796,00.html

Thanks for the link. Having belonged to a church in the 70s that
co-sponsored one of the Mt Ararat expeditions, I have a special
interest in the subject.

jw

David Peters
2004-04-28 05:30:35 EST
The numerical data in the biblical story of Noah's Ark is "suspicious"
- the dimensions of the Ark (300-50-30), the precise dating of when
the flood started - the 17th day of the 2nd month of Noah's 600th year
- and so on - seems like someone's playing with mathematics here?
Something to do with circles?

The starting point was Heliopolis, the ancient capital of Egypt. They
sailed to an Aegean island. Who? Refugees from the peasant uprising at
the end of the Egyptian Old Kingdom (c.2200 bc).

Smart people, these ancient navigators.

"What island?"

Have a look where Arkoi is.

Oh - Jason and the Argonauts' search for the "Golden Fleece" - think
of planet Earth with the latitude and longitude lines as gold threads.

Colchis, I surmise, was an important site of some early civilisation.
The mathematics of the Noah's Ark story also identifies a precise
location in that area. Egypt - Greece - Colchis (modern Georgia).

Its interesting that the Mayan and the Hindu calendar begin within a
few years of each other pre 3,000 bc.

As for the Noah getting drunk story - Noah, Shem, Ham, Japheth, and
the cloak used to cover Noah's nakedness are geographical images. Ham
is Crete.

Did you know that in 3rd century bc Greece there was a cult that
worshipped a stone ball and a ship's rudder?

The 'Great Sea Monster' in the Bible is an image of the Mediterranean
(cf. Jonah in the "belly of the whale", i.e. Malta)

Similar to the shape of Britain being called 'King Belus' by the
pre-Roman Britons in one of their stories.

"Hello Vicar? No, I won't talk about "brainwashing" ... it tends to
upset people."

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (to know the truth) ..."

Newton's Cat

Pastor Dave
2004-04-28 07:19:28 EST
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:58:28 -0700, jw
<john_weatherly47<no>@yahoo.com> spake thusly:

>>incredible photo!!! if you look slightly to the left of the ark i think you
>>can see the lair of the Yeti...and down at the bottom of the picture is the
>>Easter Bunny! This is incredible! Finally we have proof!
>
>Funny. With the top chunk POINTED and the bottom chunk ROUNDED, looks
>like a ship to ME.
>
>You will not see what you refuse to see.

It could be the Ark. Then again, it could be a natural
formation. The photo doesn't tell us either way. The
Ark doesn't have to be on Mount Ararat. The Bible
doesn't say if it's on that mountains or not. It says
it's on the mountains (plural) of Ararat. Ararat is a
mountain range (like the Rockies) in which one of the
mountains happens to be named Ararat. It's the most
likely spot though. I would like very much for it to
be found, but it wouldn't change the minds of those who
refuse to believe. They demand physical evidence.
They have received just that and didn't believe. This
physical evidence would be a great find, but it won't
sway them, if they are determined in their hearts not
to believe. God will call among them whom He calls, if
any, regardless of the Ark being found.

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"One cannot be exposed to the law and order of the
universe without concluding that there must be design
and purpose behind it all... The better we understand
the intricacies of the universe and all it harbors,
the more reason we have found to marvel at the inherent
design upon which it is based... To be forced to
believe only one conclusion --- that everything in the
universe happened by chance --- would violate the very
objectivity of science itself... What random process
could produce the brains of man or the system of the
human eye? They (evolutionists) challenge science to
prove the existence of God. But must we really light
a candle to see the Sun? ... They say they cannot
visualize a designer. Well, can a physicist visualize
an electron? ...What strange rationale makes some
physicists accept the inconceivable electron as real
while refusing to accept the reality of a Designer on
the ground that they cannot conceive Him?"
- Dennis R. Petersen, Unlocking the Mysteries
of Creation, Vol 1

Pastor Dave
2004-04-28 07:21:14 EST
On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 01:37:54 -0700, jw
> [...]

>>going to photograph it and, God willing, you're all going to see it,"
>>McGivern told reporters.
>>

>Let's hope and pray that FINALLY, an expedition to the site will get
>there and get back. This must be the 4th or 5th attempt at LEAST. All
>previous attempts in modern times have failed.
>
>In fact, in the 70s, my church co-sponsored an expedition, and they
>were half-way up the mountain when they were attacked and robbed (lost
>ALL their equipment), and reported to have BARELY escaped with their
>lives.
>
>I know there were at least 2 attempts before that 70s attempt, and I
>seem to recall one since. Those that I know about, the one BEFORE the
>one we sponsored, and the one AFTER the one we sponsored, ALL were
>assaulted and robbed.
>
>I think someone in Turkey is VERY interested in our NOT finding the

It won't be found dug out, unless God wants it dug out.

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/bryanp/Evolution/Gre.Sci..htm

Patrick
2004-04-28 07:51:41 EST

"* @yahoo.com>" <john_weatherly47<no> wrote in message
> [...]
amrock%20--%20The%20Trinity%20Corporation,%20this%20satellite%20view%20shows
%20Noah's%20Ark%20jutting%20out%20from%20the%20snow%20on%20Mt.%20Ararat.%20I
mage%20Courtesy%20of%20Digital%20Globe

> >incredible photo!!! if you look slightly to the left of the ark i think
you
> >can see the lair of the Yeti...and down at the bottom of the picture is
the
> >Easter Bunny! This is incredible! Finally we have proof!
>
> Funny. With the top chunk POINTED and the bottom chunk ROUNDED, looks
> like a ship to ME.
>
> You will not see what you refuse to see.
>
> Let me put it another way. It's just about impossible to "find a
> needle in a haystack." It IS impossible to find that needle in that
> haystack if you aren't searching for the needle to begin with.

Funny. i was on a ship that was about three times the size that the profess
the ark to be and we could only squeeze about a 5000 men on it and man was
it crowded then.