Bible Discussion: Was God With The Iraq Invasion?

Was God With The Iraq Invasion?

Martus
2004-04-16 01:14:26 EST
Angels Watching Over Us: A Military Chaplain's Account of Miracles in
Iraq

CBN.com – As coalition forces charged into enemy territory on their
mission to liberate Iraq a year ago, a different liberation was taking
place in the hearts of many of the soldiers.
Lieutenant Carey Cash, chaplain to the First Battalion, 5th Marine
regiment, part of the first ground force to enter Iraq, says there is
no doubt that God was with them. In his new book, "A Table in the
Presence," Cash gives his first-hand account of how God was not only
moving in the hearts of the troops, but miraculously shielded them
from the massive array of weapons poised to stop them.

During what former Lt. Col. Oliver North called the worst day of
fighting for U.S. Marines, the first battalion, the most highly
decorated Marines in U.S. history, suffered just one casualty.
Something Cash calls an absolute miracle.

PAT ROBERTSON: Well, Lieutenant Carey Cash has written a book about
his experiences called, from the 23rd Psalm, "A Table in the
Presence." And he's here to talk about the miraculous way God
intervened on behalf of his soldiers. Good to have you with us.

LT. CAREY CASH: Thank you.

ROBERTSON: What happened? You jumped off from Kuwait into Iraq. What
happened that was really miraculous? There was a time that the troops
that you were serving were pinned down and in danger of all being
annihilated. What happened miraculous?

CASH: On April 10th, our battalion was given orders to seize the
presidential palace on the Tigris River. And we went into the center
of that city, not realizing that about a thousand Fedayeen were
waiting for us. And at four in the morning, in the dark, they
literally unleashed all their fury. It became essentially a nine-hour
ambush, from urban fighting, close quarters. The results of which
should have yielded untold casualties and many, many Marines dead.
Just because of the sheer volume of fire, we suspected anywhere from a
1,000 to 1,500 rocket-propelled grenades were shot at the lead
elements of our convoy. When I got to the palace the next day and
began to talk to the Marines, and go and visit them - and we did lose
one man - what I saw was not a battalion licking its wounds and
overwhelmed with the fight they had just endured. But literally it
looked like I'd come upon a group of men who had walked through the
Red Sea. Over and over the stories kept coming out to me, and I would
realize the debt that I had, to begin to record these… 'Chaplain, let
me tell you what God did for me; Chaplain, the angels that we have
been talking about for weeks, preceding this war, shielded me and
protected me.' It was amazing.

ROBERTSON: Did they see the angels or did they just know they were
there?

CASH: I didn't talk to any Marines who said they saw an angel. But
what they did share was that rocket-propelled grenades would come at
them, and literally curve in mid-air and go around them. Untold
Marines shared with me that rockets would come and literally dive down
as if batted by some unseen hand. We had one rocket go through a
Humvee passenger-side window, and explode in the compartment. Without
a doubt, it should have killed every man in that vehicle. And yet when
the explosion came through, it blew out the front of the windshield,
and so it exploded out instead of in, and not a single man was
injured. And over and over, the accounts of that day were so
tremendous, that I realized I had stumbled upon something amazing.

ROBERTSON: Did your people pray? I've heard of a unit in World War II
that recited the 91st Psalm, over and over again. Was there special
prayer, special confession of God's presence?

CASH: Absolutely, yes. Psalm 91, which is known as the Soldier's
Psalm, became very instrumental in the days leading up to that war,
even during the war. Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you to be
strong and courageous? Be not afraid. Be not dismayed, for I will be
with you wherever you go." This became, literally, God's word to us,
to remember that we are not going through this alone.

ROBERTSON: It is almost a cliché - there are no atheists in foxholes -
what is the faith of those guys? When you go in a battle like that.
They wanted to know God. There weren't many of them that were turning
away from God?

CASH: No. It is interesting, when I began visiting the men, the last
few hours before we crossed the line of departure. They all had their
rifles, they had their ammunition, they had all their gear, they had
all their training, but in the last moments what all of us needed was
something that far transcended anything that training could provide.
When I went and visited them, and their eyes met with mine, it was as
if we all knew why I was there. We needed to call on God. We were
joining a host of warriors, for millennium before battles, who have
called out upon the only One who could provide for them and protect
them.

ROBERTSON: Amazing stories. Were there others? You mentioned going
into Baghdad. Were there other examples of the protection of God that
you saw?

CASH: Absolutely. When we crossed in the line of departure, we
immediately met a section of Iraqi tanks that we had not suspected
would be there. In fact, intelligence had not confirmed or reported
their presence. We came across the border, it was in the dark, their
turrets were leveled, we were exposed, we were at a point of what is
called critical vulnerability, and their main guns never fired on us.
They were fully manned by Iraqi soldiers and the company commander
told me, after the fight, about that incident. He said, 'Chaplain, if
their main guns had fired, all it would have taken is one round to hit
one of our armored personnel carriers and 20-30 marines would have
been dead in an instant.' And what I recall after hearing that is
remembering back to the countless letters I had received from churches
across the nations, saying we are praying specifically that when you
cross that border, God would restrain and confuse the enemy. And the
fact that those tanks didn't fire and that 3,000 enemy soldiers
surrendered en masse and in concert, tells me that God answered those
prayers of the people back here in the United States.

ROBERTSON: This again is probably redundant, but what is the morale of
those troops? It must be tremendous.

CASH: The morale is good. The training is good, their leadership is
determined, but if I could say, the thing I am most concerned about is
the morale of our people back here and in the churches. I think that
the churches prayed for our men during the major hostilities. But we
have to remember that now, more than ever, we need to pray for those
men. We need to send them letters. It was like life, getting letters
on the front line from churches saying we are praying for you. We are
praying this psalm for you, we are remembering you daily in our Bible
studies. Churches and Christians all across our country need to
remember that this war is still ongoing, and they need to send letter
and care packages. We need to adopt battalions, like we did during the
war, and lift these men up daily to God.

ROBERTSON: It may not be a bad thing to do that right now. I think,
ladies and gentlemen, we had the faces of hundreds - thousands, of
these men, and we prayed for them every day as the battle was going
on. Now you say, hostilities are over, but they are not over. There
are Marines being killed every single day over there. I will ask
Chaplain Lt. Carey Cash if he'd lead us in prayer. Would you pray for
these men and women? We'll join with you all across America.

CASH: Let's pray. Heavenly Father, You promised us that you are a God
who is able to deliver us. Lord, so often when the events of our world
become dark, we fail to remember that truth. I would pray right now, a
special anointing on our men and women in Iraq, who are on the front
lines and witnessing death and destruction, and witnessing a world in
upheaval, that they would know beyond a shadow of a doubt, as we
speak, the awesome power and presence of Almighty God. I pray, oh
Lord, that this time would be a time in their life that, if they
haven't, they would draw closer to the heart of Jesus Christ. And that
you would raise up a nation of prayer warriors to intercede every day
on their behalf. To go to the throne room so that we might lift these
men up, and they would accomplish their just cause, and they would be
protected and shielded, and ultimately that they would know the saving
love of their Savior and Lord Jesus Christ. We commit them unto your
care and keeping in Jesus' name, amen.

ROBERTSON: Lieutenant Cash has written a book called "A Table in the
Presence." If you want to hear some thrilling stories of how God
intervened, how the angels were there to protect these brave men and
women going into battle, it is a tremendous experience.

Similar incidents are mentioned in the bible where God protected His
people from the onslaught of the wicked!

Numbers 31:48-50 (NRSV)
48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the
commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, approached
Moses, 49 and said to Moses, Your servants have counted the warriors
who are under our command, and not one of us is missing. 50 And we
have brought the Lord's offering, what each of us found, articles of
gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and pendants, to
make atonement for ourselves before the Lord

Saddam and his regime are gone, that protection has been lifted which
should give you an idea of what your next policy should be!

End
times:
http://www.geocities.com/mart1963/

Jayjbee
2004-04-16 08:49:01 EST
DW Suiter wrote:
> God has nothing to do with the murderous and evil ways of fallen mankind.

Mankind has not fallen, your kind has fallen and is falling 500 years
already. Tables are turning in gods land.
The truth about you and your role and goals in mankind's history are
being revealed as we speak.
Slaves will be freed and guided home. Soon. Sooner than you (and
probably I) think.

His Kingdom is in you or you are not into His Kingdom.

Hopeless? Lose less, fill the gap: HOPEFULL.

(you can be hopefool if you still fill the gap with stars and stripes or
any hipe, for that matter. You want to find yourself in the latter....
can... you afford eternety?)

> [...]
>>women going into battle, it is a tremendous experience.

> ________
>
>>Similar incidents are mentioned in the bible where God protected His
>>people from the onslaught of the wicked!
>>
>>Numbers 31:48-50 (NRSV)
>>48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the
>>commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, approached
>>Moses, 49 and said to Moses, Your servants have counted the warriors
>>who are under our command, and not one of us is missing. 50 And we
>>have brought the Lord's offering, what each of us found, articles of
>>gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and pendants, to
>>make atonement for ourselves before the Lord
>>

>>Saddam and his regime are gone, that protection has been lifted which
>>should give you an idea of what your next policy should be!

2004-04-16 09:41:09 EST
> [...]

> women going into battle, it is a tremendous experience.

________

> Similar incidents are mentioned in the bible where God protected His
> people from the onslaught of the wicked!
>
> Numbers 31:48-50 (NRSV)
> 48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the
> commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, approached
> Moses, 49 and said to Moses, Your servants have counted the warriors
> who are under our command, and not one of us is missing. 50 And we
> have brought the Lord's offering, what each of us found, articles of
> gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and pendants, to
> make atonement for ourselves before the Lord
>

> Saddam and his regime are gone, that protection has been lifted which
> should give you an idea of what your next policy should be!

Pastor Dave
2004-04-16 10:11:01 EST
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:49:01 +0200, jayjbee
<*e@notmail.com> spake thusly:

>DW Suiter wrote:
>> God has nothing to do with the murderous and evil ways of fallen mankind.
>
>Mankind has not fallen,

Forgot all about Genesis, did we? :)

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

GODISNOWHERE (now read it again)

Family Man
2004-04-16 15:23:17 EST
"DW Suiter" <dwsuiter@toast.net> wrote in message
> God has nothing to do with the murderous and evil ways of fallen mankind.

Bullsh*t. Man's imaginary gods have caused more death, bloodshed and
discrimination than anything else, ever.

Warhol
2004-04-16 21:28:13 EST

"jayjbee" <jayjbee@notmail.com> a \ufffdcrit dans le message de news:
407fd639$0$13292$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> DW Suiter wrote:
> > God has nothing to do with the murderous and evil ways of fallen
mankind.

> Mankind has not fallen, your kind has fallen and is falling 500 years
> already. Tables are turning in gods land.
> The truth about you and your role and goals in mankind's history are
> being revealed as we speak.
> Slaves will be freed and guided home. Soon. Sooner than you (and
> probably I) think.
>
> His Kingdom is in you or you are not into His Kingdom.
>
> Hopeless? Lose less, fill the gap: HOPEFULL.
>
> (you can be hopefool if you still fill the gap with stars and stripes or
> any hipe, for that matter. You want to find yourself in the latter....
> can... you afford eternety?)

I support this fatwa, for ppl of that kind there is no place in the lords
kingdom!!!

> [...]
> >>women going into battle, it is a tremendous experience.

> > ________
> >
> >>Similar incidents are mentioned in the bible where God protected His
> >>people from the onslaught of the wicked!
> >>
> >>Numbers 31:48-50 (NRSV)
> >>48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the
> >>commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, approached
> >>Moses, 49 and said to Moses, Your servants have counted the warriors
> >>who are under our command, and not one of us is missing. 50 And we
> >>have brought the Lord's offering, what each of us found, articles of
> >>gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and pendants, to
> >>make atonement for ourselves before the Lord
> >>

> >>Saddam and his regime are gone, that protection has been lifted which
> >>should give you an idea of what your next policy should be!

Sorb
2004-04-17 01:34:44 EST
m*9@hotmail.com (martus) wrote in message news:<511a49a.0404152114.4633a261@posting.google.com>...
> [...]
> intervened, how the angels were there to protect these brave men and
> women going into battle, it is a tremendous experience.

> Similar incidents are mentioned in the bible where God protected His
> people from the onslaught of the wicked!
>
> Numbers 31:48-50 (NRSV)
> 48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the
> commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, approached
> Moses, 49 and said to Moses, Your servants have counted the warriors
> who are under our command, and not one of us is missing. 50 And we
> have brought the Lord's offering, what each of us found, articles of
> gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and pendants, to
> make atonement for ourselves before the Lord
>

> Saddam and his regime are gone, that protection has been lifted which
> should give you an idea of what your next policy should be!

My Nephew was in Iraq in the Army's 101st division for 8 months. I
prayed for him every night. When he returned, un injured, i asked Him
if anything out of the ordinary happened while he was there, he told
me a couple stories:
In His words as best i can recall:
"One time we were advancing through the City down a city street,
suddenly we were caught in enemy gunfire, and bullets were flying
right past us, hitting the wall to our right,at head level and below,
bouncing off the street between our feet- and not a single one of us
was hit..i was trippin out uncle J"
and another:
"One time i was called to duty on a helicopter, at the last second my
Sarg called me back and said he thinks ......(soldiers name, cant
recall) should go instead....the copter was shot down and (the
soldier) died...i asked my sarg. why he changed his mind and he
said,"I dont want to talk about it, but i know this, some one is
praying for you".
NEVER underestimate the power of prayer.

Sorb

John W
2004-04-22 16:15:15 EST
x-no-archive: yes
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 06:41:09 -0700, "DW Suiter" <dwsuiter@toast.net>
wrote:
john w responded
>God has nothing to do with the murderous and evil ways of fallen mankind.
>
>DW Suiter
>Son of God

Shut up, Satan! You have no place here!

jw

> [...]
>> women going into battle, it is a tremendous experience.

>________
>>
>> Similar incidents are mentioned in the bible where God protected His
>> people from the onslaught of the wicked!
>>
>> Numbers 31:48-50 (NRSV)
>> 48 Then the officers who were over the thousands of the army, the
>> commanders of thousands and the commanders of hundreds, approached
>> Moses, 49 and said to Moses, Your servants have counted the warriors
>> who are under our command, and not one of us is missing. 50 And we
>> have brought the Lord's offering, what each of us found, articles of
>> gold, armlets and bracelets, signet rings, earrings, and pendants, to
>> make atonement for ourselves before the Lord
>>

>> Saddam and his regime are gone, that protection has been lifted which
>> should give you an idea of what your next policy should be!

Silver Blaze
2004-04-22 17:05:09 EST
In article <ns9g80lgocosqu8054dvgc7bhq1efqgafd@4ax.com>, God in Heaven wrote:

> Shut up, Satan! You have no place here!
>
> jw

Stop taking the wrong drugs or start taking the right ones!

You are off the air again