Bible Discussion: Was Jesus Died On The Cross?

Was Jesus Died On The Cross?

U.S.Vasu
2004-04-08 06:56:29 EST
Dear brothers and sisters, Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus
Christ.

Question No: 1 Blood and water came from the body of Jesus Christ when
he was pierced on the cross. So that many anti-Christians claimed that
Jesus was NOT DIED on the cross. Can you confirm the death of Jesus by
showing the medical evidence to prove that blood and water come from
the dead body?

Question No: 2 Many anti-Christians claimed that Jesus was not died
on the cross, instead he escaped from the death and reached INDIA and
lived there until his death. Can you clarify the same?

I am waiting for your reply.

Yours brother in love of Christ.

U.S.Vasu.

Pastor Dave
2004-04-08 08:15:28 EST
On 8 Apr 2004 03:56:29 -0700, usvasu123@yahoo.co.in
(U.S.Vasu) spake thusly:

>Dear brothers and sisters, Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus
>Christ.
>
>Question No: 1 Blood and water came from the body of Jesus Christ when
>he was pierced on the cross. So that many anti-Christians claimed that
>Jesus was NOT DIED on the cross. Can you confirm the death of Jesus by
>showing the medical evidence to prove that blood and water come from
>the dead body?

The "water", as it appeared to be, to those watching,
was actually pericardial fluid, which is clear and
looks like water and definitely would have come out.

> Question No: 2 Many anti-Christians claimed that Jesus was not died
>on the cross, instead he escaped from the death and reached INDIA and
>lived there until his death. Can you clarify the same?

I would suggest you look into just what happened to
Him. No one would have survived that and even if
anyone could, they certainly would not have been able
to run off, nor would they have convinced anyone that
they were the Saviour of anything.

± Pastor Dave Raymond ±

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"Atheism is folly, and atheists are the
greatest fools in nature; for they see
there is a world that could not make
itself, and yet they will not own there
is a God that made it. - Matthew Henry

Libertarius
2004-04-08 11:32:36 EST

"U.S.Vasu" wrote:

> Dear brothers and sisters, Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus
> Christ.
>
> Question No: 1 Blood and water came from the body of Jesus Christ when
> he was pierced on the cross. So that many anti-Christians claimed that
> Jesus was NOT DIED on the cross. Can you confirm the death of Jesus by
> showing the medical evidence to prove that blood and water come from
> the dead body?

===>The story in JOHN says his side was "pricked with a lance".
It sounds more like they poked him to see if he would react.
If he was just unconscious, they may have concluded he was dead
even if he was not.

What was the purpose of the massive amounts of herbal medication
it says his secret disciples took to that tomb they had prepared for him?

Where does it say he rose from death as a SPIRIT, as resurrection is
described in the Pauline letters?
In fact in LUKE he insists he is the same flesh-and-blood person! -- L.

=========================

> Question No: 2 Many anti-Christians claimed that Jesus was not died
> on the cross, instead he escaped from the death and reached INDIA and
> lived there until his death. Can you clarify the same?
>
> I am waiting for your reply.
>
> Yours brother in love of Christ.
>
> U.S.Vasu.

Libertarius
2004-04-08 11:35:18 EST

Pastor Dave wrote:

> On 8 Apr 2004 03:56:29 -0700, usvasu123@yahoo.co.in
> (U.S.Vasu) spake thusly:
>
> >Dear brothers and sisters, Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus
> >Christ.
> >
> >Question No: 1 Blood and water came from the body of Jesus Christ when
> >he was pierced on the cross. So that many anti-Christians claimed that
> >Jesus was NOT DIED on the cross. Can you confirm the death of Jesus by
> >showing the medical evidence to prove that blood and water come from
> >the dead body?
>
> The "water", as it appeared to be, to those watching,
> was actually pericardial fluid, which is clear and
> looks like water and definitely would have come out.

===>Frolm a prick in his side????

> > Question No: 2 Many anti-Christians claimed that Jesus was not died
> >on the cross, instead he escaped from the death and reached INDIA and
> >lived there until his death. Can you clarify the same?
>
> I would suggest you look into just what happened to
> Him. No one would have survived that and even if
> anyone could, they certainly would not have been able
> to run off, nor would they have convinced anyone that
> they were the Saviour of anything.

===>JOHN says he was already walking around in the garden
early Sunday morning, apparently disguised as a gardener.
He met, ate and drank with his friends shortly after, denying that
he was a spirit! -- L.

JM
2004-04-09 01:24:14 EST
quoting:
>Dear brothers and sisters, Greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus
>Christ.
>
>Question No: 1 Blood and water came from the body of Jesus Christ when
>he was pierced on the cross. So that many anti-Christians claimed that
>Jesus was NOT DIED on the cross. Can you confirm the death of Jesus by
>showing the medical evidence to prove that blood and water come from
>the dead body?

Hey, I thought bible thumpers didn't believe in "Science".

> Question No: 2 Many anti-Christians claimed that Jesus was not died
>on the cross, instead he escaped from the death and reached INDIA and
>lived there until his death. Can you clarify the same?
>
>I am waiting for your reply.
>
>Yours brother in love of Christ.
>
>U.S.Vasu.

The man who died on the "cross" was not Jesus. It was a man who was
*thought* to be Jesus. The "cross" was not a cross. It was just a large
pole in the ground, whithout the cross configuration.

Bucephalis
2004-04-17 13:40:36 EST
The fluid was pleural fluid which accumulated for two reasons. 1)He may
have been beaten severely, with fractured ribs and severe pulmonary
contusions. 2) The position He was in, with his arms held over his head,
seriously hampered his ability to breathe. We know from people who
have been in accidents, etc. where they were trapped in similar
positions that pleural fluid rapidly accumulates. The Romans use
crucifixion because it was both demeaning and a prolonged death, often
taking days. In this case, the soldier probably noticed that he was
struggling to breathe, and, not wanting his death to be rapid, lanced
the right side just above the diaphragm to allow drainage of the
accumulated fluid and prolonging his pain. The supposition that he
didn't die on the cross is based on the historical fact that it
generally took much longer for one to die and according to scriptures,
he was taken down within hours.

Theologian
2004-04-19 02:56:51 EST
To the claim that the cross was not a cross configuration, archaeology
has confirmed that there were over 6 different configurations that the
Romans would crucify people on, everything from a single pole, to a
capital "T" to the traditional cross shape. Irregardless of the
configuration of Christ's cross the important thing is that he died
there. The bible never claims that the crucifixion killed Jesus in
and of itself, the beating and blood loss he received coupled with the
cross is what resulted in his death. As to the claim that his
disciples brought medicines to revive him...where are these magical
medicines today? I know of no medicine, especially in those times
that could restore the immense blood loss and likely flooding of his
lungs that took place. The textual evidence and archeological
evidence of how Jews prepared their dead show us that the 75 pounds of
herbs Jesus was wrapped in were aromatic and symbolic ways to prepare
the body for burial, not miracle medicine.