Bible Discussion: The Passion Of The Christ

The Passion Of The Christ
Posts: 87

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Next  (First | Last)

*@spam.free
2004-02-25 18:35:56 EST
http://www.smbtech.com/ed/
http://www.nocem.org/
http://www.rahul.net/falk/quickrefs.html#W

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

http://www.smbtech.com/ed/

@@BEGIN NCM HEADERS
Version: 0.9
Issuer: wollmannizer@spam.free
Type: spew
Action: hide
Count: 1
Notice-ID: Wollmannizer01487
@BEGIN NCM BODY
<*e@posting.google.com> alt.atheism
alt.astrology alt.bible alt.christnet.hypocrisy alt.religion.wicca
@END NCM BODY


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 6.5.8

iQA/AwUBQD1YE1IcW5ONdL49EQKIZQCeN1vNWFpnd0e/2dqTJXZLrbhaFQwAoImA
bjQQbUW/lEI3u67eMda3r+Aq
=EcyS
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

W.Syme
2004-02-25 19:26:21 EST
On 25 Feb 2004 16:35:56 -0800, alsimak13@yahoo.com (Edmond Wollmann)
wrote:

>Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
>to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
>but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
>realistic movie portraying their cult leader?

Commandment 11: Thou shalt be inconsistent, even to the point of it
getting totally absurd and silly.



--
Stil waiting for a xtian to prove to me that goblins don't exist. You can't do it, can you?

Edmond Wollmann
2004-02-25 19:35:56 EST
Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
realistic movie portraying their cult leader?

"And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate
the day from the night; and let them be for _SIGNS_ and for seasons
and for days and for years, and let them be lights in the dome of the
sky to give light upon the Earth.....God made two great lights, the
greater light to rule the day (the sun), and the lesser light to rule
the night (the moon)--and the stars." Genesis; 14-17, Holy Bible, New
Revised Standard Version, this writer's emphasis on signs.

"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven, a woman clothed with the
sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve
stars; and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained
to be delivered." Revelation 12:1,2

Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
http://home.earthlink.net/~arcturianone/

Emmett Heinz Curley Bartlo
2004-02-25 19:45:59 EST
Edmond Wollmann wrote:
> Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
> to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
> but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
> realistic movie portraying their cult leader?

Is this the same "cult leader" whom you have quoted voluminously before.
in a pathetic effort to shore up your inadequate arguments? Why, yes, it
certainly is.

You have often, in the past, sought to identify with Christ, with
laughable results.

Which right wing Christians tried to have violent video games "banned"?
Which ones? When?

Why do you make shit up, asshole?


Figinnn
2004-02-25 20:04:23 EST
"Emmett Heinz Curley Bartlo" <ehcb@kookhallofame.com> wrote in message
news:c1jfk9$pgr$0@pita.alt.net...
> Edmond Wollmann wrote:
> > Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
> > to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
> > but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
> > realistic movie portraying their cult leader?
>
> Is this the same "cult leader" whom you have quoted voluminously before.
> in a pathetic effort to shore up your inadequate arguments? Why, yes, it
> certainly is.
>
> You have often, in the past, sought to identify with Christ, with
> laughable results.
>
> Which right wing Christians tried to have violent video games "banned"?
> Which ones? When?

I do hope you're kidding.

Figinn



John
2004-02-25 20:15:48 EST

"Edmond Wollmann" <alsimak13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b32232b.0402251635.3587723e@posting.google.com...
> Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
> to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
> but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
> realistic movie portraying their cult leader?

Have you ever read the acounts of crucifixtions?
Not a pretty sight. Crucifixion was a Roman form of punishment.
Though they didn't invent it. I believe that was the Phoenicians.
Anyhow, it was a cruel sadistic and YES, VERY bloody.
Add in a whipping with a flagrum, and you add more blood.
Because a flagrum sometimes was tipped with bone or metal,
it tore the flesh from the back of the recipient.





>
> "And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate
> the day from the night; and let them be for _SIGNS_ and for seasons
> and for days and for years, and let them be lights in the dome of the
> sky to give light upon the Earth.....God made two great lights, the
> greater light to rule the day (the sun), and the lesser light to rule
> the night (the moon)--and the stars." Genesis; 14-17, Holy Bible, New
> Revised Standard Version, this writer's emphasis on signs.
>
> "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven, a woman clothed with the
> sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve
> stars; and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained
> to be delivered." Revelation 12:1,2
>
> Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
> \ufffd 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
> Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
> Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
> http://home.earthlink.net/~arcturianone/



Emmett Heinz Curley Bartlo
2004-02-25 20:49:54 EST
Figinnn wrote:

> "Emmett Heinz Curley Bartlo" <ehcb@kookhallofame.com> wrote in message
> news:c1jfk9$pgr$0@pita.alt.net...
>
>>Edmond Wollmann wrote:
>>
>>>Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
>>>to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
>>>but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
>>>realistic movie portraying their cult leader?
>>
>>Is this the same "cult leader" whom you have quoted voluminously before.
>>in a pathetic effort to shore up your inadequate arguments? Why, yes, it
>>certainly is.
>>
>>You have often, in the past, sought to identify with Christ, with
>>laughable results.
>>
>>Which right wing Christians tried to have violent video games "banned"?
>>Which ones? When?
>
>
> I do hope you're kidding.
>
No, I'm asking a question or two. Once they are answered, we can then
see if those same people have stated that the gore in "The Passion" is fine.

We can then compare the concepts of gratuitous, cartoon violence aimed
at a youth market compared with violence, graphicly yet accurately
depicted, in an adult-themed film, clearly rated for a more mature audience.

For instance, we can see if those same "right wing Christian cultists"
also tried to "ban" the graphic violence depicted in "Saving Private
Ryan", and many other mainstream films.



It's no surprise that some "Right wing Christian cultists" can be pretty
damn hypocritical. But in the case of Ed Wollmann criticizing them for
same, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".



Emmett Heinz Curley Bartlo
2004-02-25 20:51:47 EST
John wrote:

> "Edmond Wollmann" <alsimak13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:b32232b.0402251635.3587723e@posting.google.com...
>
>>Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
>>to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
>>but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
>>realistic movie portraying their cult leader?
>
>
> Have you ever read the acounts of crucifixtions?
> Not a pretty sight. Crucifixion was a Roman form of punishment.
> Though they didn't invent it. I believe that was the Phoenicians.
> Anyhow, it was a cruel sadistic and YES, VERY bloody.
> Add in a whipping with a flagrum, and you add more blood.
> Because a flagrum sometimes was tipped with bone or metal,
> it tore the flesh from the back of the recipient.
>
>
>
>

That's nothing. Ed Wollmann took a young kid out driving and killed him
by flipping his Mustang end over end and drowning the kid in a ditch.
>
>
>>"And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate
>>the day from the night; and let them be for _SIGNS_ and for seasons
>>and for days and for years, and let them be lights in the dome of the
>>sky to give light upon the Earth.....God made two great lights, the
>>greater light to rule the day (the sun), and the lesser light to rule
>>the night (the moon)--and the stars." Genesis; 14-17, Holy Bible, New
>>Revised Standard Version, this writer's emphasis on signs.
>>
>>"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven, a woman clothed with the
>>sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve
>>stars; and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained
>>to be delivered." Revelation 12:1,2
>>
>>Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
>>© 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
>>Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
>>Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
>>http://home.earthlink.net/~arcturianone/
>
>
>


Gabby Johnson
2004-02-25 21:13:30 EST
"Edmond Wollmann" <alsimak13@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b32232b.0402251635.3587723e@posting.google.com...
> Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
> to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),

It's hardly just "right wing Christian cultists" who object to violent video
games. Most parents, whether they're left, right, athiest, agnostic or
middle of the road, agree that games like Grand Theft Auto shouldn't be
played by young children. Only the lousiest of parents would allow their
children to play those types of games.

As far as banning games like GTA, are you aware that Haitian and Cuban
coalitions, not "right wing Christian cultists", are leading the charge to
get it banned? Do you know that New Zealand banned Manhunt for its
ultra-violet content, not "right wing Christian cultists"? Probably not,
otherwise you wouldn't be making such ASSinine comments.

> but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
> realistic movie portraying their cult leader?

This lecture is ironic coming from someone who promotes absurd superstitions
like astrology. I'm not aware of a single person who has received benefits
from believing in the astrology superstition, other than the con artists who
try to make a buck off the gullible fools who are dumb enough to believe in
it. And you have the nerve to criticize others for their beliefs? That's
mighty dumb of you.

> "And God said, "Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate
> the day from the night; and let them be for _SIGNS_ and for seasons
> and for days and for years, and let them be lights in the dome of the
> sky to give light upon the Earth.....God made two great lights, the
> greater light to rule the day (the sun), and the lesser light to rule
> the night (the moon)--and the stars." Genesis; 14-17, Holy Bible, New
> Revised Standard Version, this writer's emphasis on signs.
>
> "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven, a woman clothed with the
> sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve
> stars; and she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained
> to be delivered." Revelation 12:1,2
>
> Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
> \ufffd 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
> Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
> Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
> http://home.earthlink.net/~arcturianone/



Huge Effcoat
2004-02-25 21:30:39 EST
Screedmo Tinybrain kookfarted:

>Isn't it interesting that the same right wing Christian cultists try
>to get video games banned for violence (because they spurt blood etc),
>but it is just fine if the blood and guts are coming from a more
>realistic movie portraying their cult leader?

Heh, like anyone gives a shit about anything you say, bubblehead.

You are a stupid buffoon pontificating meaningless poofery, in a slimy
attempt to advertise your smarmy web sites. You should realize after,
what is it, six or seven years, that in this forum you are regarded as
a laughable boob and a pantihead.

>
>Edmond H. Wollmann F.r.e.a.K.
>© 2004 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
>Astrological Consulting http://www.astrospam.spam/
>Fartworks http://www.plagarism.poo/clients_personal_emails/
>http://www.smbtech.com/ed

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron