Bible Discussion: The LANDMARK Event!! Mayor Gavin Newsom : Gays :: Rosa Parks : Blacks

The LANDMARK Event!! Mayor Gavin Newsom : Gays :: Rosa Parks : Blacks

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8   Next  (First | Last)

Craig Chilton
2004-02-14 23:20:06 EST

Gay, lesbian couples line up to marry
Judge delays challenges to San Francisco until Tuesday

SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Hundreds of gay and lesbian
couples ringed San Francisco's City Hall on Saturday to be married,
before a judge hears a challenge Tuesday from two groups opposed
to same-sex marriage.

Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered City Hall be opened from 10 a.m.
to 4 p.m. during the weekend and Monday -- which is President's
Day, a federal holiday -- to accommodate as many couples as
possible before Superior Court Judge James Warren hears the
challenge Tuesday.

Newsom ordered the county clerk to begin issuing marriage licenses
for lesbian and gay couples Thursday.

Californians filled the ranks for the most part, but gay couples from
other parts of the country were beginning to join the line for
marriage licenses in San Francisco, which does not require a
blood test or proof of residency.

= = = = = = = = = = = = =

Rosa Parks' civil disobedience was the beginning of the end for
segregation. Mayor Newsom's civil disobedience is the beginning
of the end for second-class-citizen status for gays in America. Mark
my words: Friday, the 13th of February, 2004 was THE Landmark
Date!! And it will go down in history as such! From that point on,
the RRR Cult's ignorant and hateful bigots *LOSE* -- ***big***-time!

(*So much* for Friday, the 13ths being unlucky!!)

-- Craig Chilton xanadu222@mchsi.com

Pastor Dave
2004-02-15 08:43:00 EST
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:20:06 GMT, xanadu222@mchsi.com
(Craig Chilton) spake thusly:

>Gay, lesbian couples line up to marry
>Judge delays challenges to San Francisco until Tuesday
>
>SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Hundreds of gay and lesbian
>couples ringed San Francisco's City Hall on Saturday to be married,
>before a judge hears a challenge Tuesday from two groups opposed
>to same-sex marriage.
>
>Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered City Hall be opened from 10 a.m.
>to 4 p.m. during the weekend and Monday -- which is President's
>Day, a federal holiday -- to accommodate as many couples as
>possible before Superior Court Judge James Warren hears the
>challenge Tuesday.
>
>Newsom ordered the county clerk to begin issuing marriage licenses
>for lesbian and gay couples Thursday.
>
>Californians filled the ranks for the most part, but gay couples from
>other parts of the country were beginning to join the line for
>marriage licenses in San Francisco, which does not require a
>blood test or proof of residency.
>
>= = = = = = = = = = = = =
>
> Rosa Parks' civil disobedience was the beginning of the end for
>segregation. Mayor Newsom's civil disobedience is the beginning
>of the end for second-class-citizen status for gays in America. Mark
>my words: Friday, the 13th of February, 2004 was THE Landmark
>Date!! And it will go down in history as such! From that point on,
>the RRR Cult's ignorant and hateful bigots *LOSE* -- ***big***-time!

Rosa Parks wasn't trying to gain equality for sexual
acts. That's all this movement is. A way to have
perversion appear normal.

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose
you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which
your fathers served that were on the other side of the
flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye
dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the
LORD. - Joshua 24:15

Light Templar
2004-02-15 08:48:18 EST

"Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:20:06 GMT, xanadu222@mchsi.com
> (Craig Chilton) spake thusly:
>

> >Gay, lesbian couples line up to marry
> >Judge delays challenges to San Francisco until Tuesday
> >
> >SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Hundreds of gay and lesbian
> >couples ringed San Francisco's City Hall on Saturday to be married,
> >before a judge hears a challenge Tuesday from two groups opposed
> >to same-sex marriage.
> >
> >Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered City Hall be opened from 10 a.m.
> >to 4 p.m. during the weekend and Monday -- which is President's
> >Day, a federal holiday -- to accommodate as many couples as
> >possible before Superior Court Judge James Warren hears the
> >challenge Tuesday.
> >
> >Newsom ordered the county clerk to begin issuing marriage licenses
> >for lesbian and gay couples Thursday.
> >
> >Californians filled the ranks for the most part, but gay couples from
> >other parts of the country were beginning to join the line for
> >marriage licenses in San Francisco, which does not require a
> >blood test or proof of residency.
> >
> >= = = = = = = = = = = = =
> >
> > Rosa Parks' civil disobedience was the beginning of the end for
> >segregation. Mayor Newsom's civil disobedience is the beginning
> >of the end for second-class-citizen status for gays in America. Mark
> >my words: Friday, the 13th of February, 2004 was THE Landmark
> >Date!! And it will go down in history as such! From that point on,
> >the RRR Cult's ignorant and hateful bigots *LOSE* -- ***big***-time!
>
> Rosa Parks wasn't trying to gain equality for sexual
> acts.

Neither are homosexuals. You are simply incapable of understanding the
issues involved.

Pastor Dave
2004-02-15 10:52:27 EST
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:48:18 GMT, "Light Templar"
<I@DONTACCEPTEMAIL.FAM> spake thusly:

>"Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:20:06 GMT, xanadu222@mchsi.com
>> (Craig Chilton) spake thusly:
>>

>> >Gay, lesbian couples line up to marry
>> >Judge delays challenges to San Francisco until Tuesday
>> >
>> >SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Hundreds of gay and lesbian
>> >couples ringed San Francisco's City Hall on Saturday to be married,
>> >before a judge hears a challenge Tuesday from two groups opposed
>> >to same-sex marriage.
>> >
>> >Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered City Hall be opened from 10 a.m.
>> >to 4 p.m. during the weekend and Monday -- which is President's
>> >Day, a federal holiday -- to accommodate as many couples as
>> >possible before Superior Court Judge James Warren hears the
>> >challenge Tuesday.
>> >
>> >Newsom ordered the county clerk to begin issuing marriage licenses
>> >for lesbian and gay couples Thursday.
>> >
>> >Californians filled the ranks for the most part, but gay couples from
>> >other parts of the country were beginning to join the line for
>> >marriage licenses in San Francisco, which does not require a
>> >blood test or proof of residency.
>> >
>> >= = = = = = = = = = = = =
>> >
>> > Rosa Parks' civil disobedience was the beginning of the end for
>> >segregation. Mayor Newsom's civil disobedience is the beginning
>> >of the end for second-class-citizen status for gays in America. Mark
>> >my words: Friday, the 13th of February, 2004 was THE Landmark
>> >Date!! And it will go down in history as such! From that point on,
>> >the RRR Cult's ignorant and hateful bigots *LOSE* -- ***big***-time!
>>
>> Rosa Parks wasn't trying to gain equality for sexual
>> acts.
>
>Neither are homosexuals. You are simply incapable of understanding the
>issues involved.

Yes, they are. What is the difference between
homosexuals and heterosexuals? The sex acts they
perform and the gender they are attracted to. What
does that have to do with what Rosa Parks did?
Nothing. No one is stopping gays from voting, nor from
eating wherever they want, nor from sitting at the
front of the bus.

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

Read an amazing book! it's called; "The Evolution
of a Creationist", by Jobe Martin.

Buy it at: http://tinyurl.com/hq7k

Or read it online at: http://tinyurl.com/hq7q

Light Templar
2004-02-15 11:11:02 EST

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:48:18 GMT, "Light Templar"
> <I@DONTACCEPTEMAIL.FAM> spake thusly:
>

> >"Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote in message
> >> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 04:20:06 GMT, xanadu222@mchsi.com
> >> (Craig Chilton) spake thusly:

> >> Rosa Parks wasn't trying to gain equality for sexual
> >> acts.
> >
> >Neither are homosexuals. You are simply incapable of understanding the
> >issues involved.
>
> Yes, they are.

No they're not.

> What is the difference between
> homosexuals and heterosexuals?

Which proves that you are incapable of understanding the issues involved.

Craig Chilton
2004-02-15 13:21:17 EST
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 08:43:00 -0500,
"Pastor" Dave <draymond@minister.com> wrote:
> Craig Chilton <xanadu222@mchsi.com> wrote:

>> Gay, lesbian couples line up to marry
>> Judge delays challenges to San Francisco until Tuesday
>>
>> SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Hundreds of gay and lesbian
>> couples ringed San Francisco's City Hall on Saturday to be married,
>> before a judge hears a challenge Tuesday from two groups opposed
>> to same-sex marriage.
>>
>> Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered City Hall be opened from 10 a.m.
>> to 4 p.m. during the weekend and Monday -- which is President's
>> Day, a federal holiday -- to accommodate as many couples as
>> possible before Superior Court Judge James Warren hears the
>> challenge Tuesday.
>>
>> Newsom ordered the county clerk to begin issuing marriage
>> licenses for lesbian and gay couples Thursday.
>>
>> Californians filled the ranks for the most part, but gay couples
>> from other parts of the country were beginning to join the line for
>> marriage licenses in San Francisco, which does not require a
>> blood test or proof of residency.
>>
>>= = = = = = = = = = = = =
>>
>> Rosa Parks' civil disobedience was the beginning of the end for
>> segregation. Mayor Newsom's civil disobedience is the beginning
>> of the end for second-class-citizen status for gays in America. Mark
>> my words: Friday, the 13th of February, 2004 was THE Landmark
>> Date!! And it will go down in history as such! From that point on,
>> the RRR Cult's ignorant and hateful bigots *LOSE* -- ***big***-time!

> Rosa Parks was...

...fighting on behalf of the civil rights of a group to which
they were being hatefully denied. Gays and their millions of
straight allies are doing PRECISELY the **same**.

<Hatefulness & Lie snipped>

-- Craig Chilton xanadu222@mchsi.com

Peacenik
2004-02-15 14:31:32 EST
"Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:48:18 GMT, "Light Templar"
> <I@DONTACCEPTEMAIL.FAM> spake thusly:
> >Neither are homosexuals. You are simply incapable of understanding the
> >issues involved.
>
> Yes, they are. What is the difference between
> homosexuals and heterosexuals? The sex acts they
> perform and the gender they are attracted to. What
> does that have to do with what Rosa Parks did?
> Nothing.

Wrong. Rosa Parks was standing up for her rights. Just as gays are doing
now.

That's what this issue is all about: Equal rights.

> No one is stopping gays from voting, nor from
> eating wherever they want, nor from sitting at the
> front of the bus.

But they ARE stopping them from getting married.

--
Peacenik

Pastor Dave
2004-02-16 07:16:54 EST
On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 19:31:32 GMT, "Peacenik"
<*9@com999cast.removeallnines.net> spake
thusly:

>"Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 13:48:18 GMT, "Light Templar"
>> <I@DONTACCEPTEMAIL.FAM> spake thusly:
>> >Neither are homosexuals. You are simply incapable of understanding the
>> >issues involved.
>>
>> Yes, they are. What is the difference between
>> homosexuals and heterosexuals? The sex acts they
>> perform and the gender they are attracted to. What
>> does that have to do with what Rosa Parks did?
>> Nothing.
>
>Wrong. Rosa Parks was standing up for her rights. Just as gays are doing
>now.
>
>That's what this issue is all about: Equal rights.
>
>> No one is stopping gays from voting, nor from
>> eating wherever they want, nor from sitting at the
>> front of the bus.
>
>But they ARE stopping them from getting married.

You assume that it is improper to do that.

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"Paleontologists are traditionally famous (or infamous)
for reconstructing whole animals from the debris of
death. Mostly they cheat. ...If any event in life's
history resembles man's creation myths, it is this
sudden diversification of marine life when
multicellular organisms took over as the dominant
actors in ecology and evolution. Baffling (and
embarrassing) to Darwin, this event still dazzles us
and stands as a major biological revolution on a par
with the invention of self-replication
and the origin of the eukaryotic cell." (Bengtson,
Stefan, "The Solution to a Jigsaw Puzzle," Nature, vol.
345 (June 28, 1990), pp. 765-766)

Craig Chilton
2004-02-16 08:18:46 EST
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:40:30 GMT,
Ward Stewart ("uncleward") <wstewart@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> Craig Chilton <xanadu222@mchsi.com> wrote:

>> Gay, lesbian couples line up to marry
>> Judge delays challenges to San Francisco until Tuesday
>>
>> SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- Hundreds of gay and lesbian
>> couples ringed San Francisco's City Hall on Saturday to be married,
>> before a judge hears a challenge Tuesday from two groups opposed
>> to same-sex marriage.
>>
>> Mayor Gavin Newsom ordered City Hall be opened from 10 a.m.
>> to 4 p.m. during the weekend and Monday -- which is President's
>> Day, a federal holiday -- to accommodate as many couples as
>> possible before Superior Court Judge James Warren hears the
>> challenge Tuesday.
>>
>> Newsom ordered the county clerk to begin issuing marriage licenses
>> for lesbian and gay couples Thursday.
>>
>> Californians filled the ranks for the most part, but gay couples from
>> other parts of the country were beginning to join the line for
>> marriage licenses in San Francisco, which does not require a
>> blood test or proof of residency.
>>
>>= = = = = = = = = = = = =
>>
>> Rosa Parks' civil disobedience was the beginning of the end for
>> segregation. Mayor Newsom's civil disobedience is the beginning
>> of the end for second-class-citizen status for gays in America. Mark
>> my words: Friday, the 13th of February, 2004 was THE Landmark
>> Date!! And it will go down in history as such! From that point on,
>> the RRR Cult's ignorant and hateful bigots *LOSE* -- ***big***-time!
>>
>> (*So much* for Friday, the 13ths being unlucky!!)
>>
>> -- Craig Chilton <xanadu222@mchsi.com>

> Since plagerism is one of the forms of flattery, consider yourself
> flattered by my swiping the above eloquent paragraph.

By all means, please feel free. I'm honored that you regard it in
that manner. Beyond my sole reasonable request to be given proper
credit when my writings are used, I regard that which I write in
Usenet to be public domain material.

>ward

>To be a republican, you must believe that tobacco's
>link to cancer and global warming are "junk science,"
>but Creationism should be taught in the schools.

-- Craig Chilton xanadu222@mchsi.com

Craig Chilton
2004-02-16 08:42:07 EST
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:16:54 -0500,
"Pastor" Dave <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote:
> "Peacenik"<criskity999@com999cast.removeallnines.net> wrote:
>> "Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote:
>>> "Light Templar" wrote:

[ ... ]

>>> Yes, they are. What is the difference between
>>> homosexuals and heterosexuals? The sex acts they
>>> perform and the gender they are attracted to. What
>>> does that have to do with what Rosa Parks did?
>>> Nothing.

>> Wrong. Rosa Parks was standing up for her rights. Just
>> as gays are doing now.
>>
>> That's what this issue is all about: Equal rights.

>>> No one is stopping gays from voting, nor from
>>> eating wherever they want, nor from sitting at the
>>> front of the bus.

>> But they ARE stopping them from getting married.

> You assume that it is improper to do that.

Yep. JUST as improper as it is to deny EQUAL rights
in ANY way to ANY person in this country.

Only total MORONS engage in such mindless hate.