Bible Discussion: Mel Gibson: Only Catholics Go To Heaven.

Mel Gibson: Only Catholics Go To Heaven.

Pan
2004-02-11 12:24:09 EST
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/

Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
"The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
Gibson,
a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
going to hell.

Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
reporter
asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
believe it."

He elaborated: "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much
better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church
of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she
believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't
make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from
the chair. I go with it."

pan

Marcia, Bethany And Me
2004-02-11 18:30:13 EST
"pan" <pan@psnwREMVE.com> wrote in message
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/
>
> Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
> "The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
> Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
> Gibson,
> a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
> going to hell.
>
> Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
> reporter
> asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
> is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
> believe it."
>
> He elaborated: "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much
> better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church
> of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she
> believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't
> make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from
> the chair. I go with it."
>
> pan

He really is a comedian, and he is very good at it. -Daryl S. Kabatoff

ZenIsWhen
2004-02-12 00:28:30 EST

"pan" <pan@psnwREMVE.com> wrote in message
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/
>
> Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
> "The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
> Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
> Gibson,
> a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
> going to hell.
>
> Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
> reporter
> asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
> is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
> believe it."
>
> He elaborated: "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much
> better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church
> of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she
> believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't
> make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from
> the chair. I go with it."

Won't he be surprised when he meets up with all those old
popes.............in hell!?!?!?!?!

Rick
2004-02-12 09:32:20 EST
Love the fact that his wife is a saint while alive, but he'll have to wait
until he's dead!
"pan" <pan@psnwREMVE.com> wrote in message
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/
>
> Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
> "The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
> Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
> Gibson,
> a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
> going to hell.
>
> Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
> reporter
> asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
> is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
> believe it."
>
> He elaborated: "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much
> better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church
> of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she
> believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't
> make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from
> the chair. I go with it."
>

> pan

QBaal
2004-02-12 17:06:59 EST
"Marcia, Bethany and Me" <darylsk@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<9WyWb.464387$JQ1.253610@pd7tw1no>...
> "pan" <pan@psnwREMVE.com> wrote in message
> > http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/
> >
> > Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
> > "The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
> > Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
> > Gibson,
> > a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
> > going to hell.
> >
> > Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
> > reporter
> > asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
> > is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
> > believe it."
> >

> > pan
>
> He really is a comedian, and he is very good at it. -Daryl S. Kabatoff

Likely so, but his material seems pretty serious,

Jackie Gleason and Audrey Meadows were are you, when we need you so bad?

SeaWolf
2004-02-12 17:48:46 EST
Well what do you expect! The guy was born and raised in the Catholic Church
and that's what they teach you.

The man may know allot about what Christ did and made a good movie but he
probably doesn't know allot about the history of the Church. If he did a
little research he might be some what surprised as to what he finds.

Catholics are not taught to sit down and read the Bible. Also Catholics have
their own version of the Bible with extra stuff in it. The extra stuff
extols the virtues of the Catholic Church. Understand that there was a time
when the common people were not allowed to read the Bible! If you did read
the Bible they would kill you! Gee, wonder why?

When you observe how Catholic Children are taught basically you find that
the priest is kind of like your surrogate god. Catholic people for the
longest time were told that they could not approach G-d on their own but
must go through the priests. This is why they call a Priest "Father" The
Bible specifically states that we are not supposed to call any earthy person
"Father" except a parent! G-d is our heavenly Father not the priest.They
also pray to all kinds of people! They chant the Rosery! They have a queen
of heaven! All kinds of stuff your not supposed to do according to the
Bible.

So the info the man has is given to him from the Priests for the most part.
He probably hasn't really read through the Bible from one end to the other.
If he did he would find a big bunch of inconsistencies between how the
Catholic Church works and what the Bible says.

I mean watch the movie closely and you will find that they nail Jesus
through the palm of the hands. We know at this point that Jesus was more
then likely nailed through the wrist so that the flesh wouldn't tear! But
when you go to a Catholic Church you always see Jesus with nail marks in his
hands. So being that Gibson is a really Catholic Catholic you are going to
see Jesus nailed through the palm. Basically we may see Jesus and what
happened to him as one would see him through the eyes of the Catholic
Church. I'm not sure at this point.

Its really no big deal that Mel thinks what he thinks! Its OK to thinks
something people! When the time comes where we can't have our opinions you
will be reciting the opinions of your government masters because you will be
afraid to think anything else.

I find it so interesting these days that people get so upset that a person
might be so bad as not being PC! I mean folks, start thinking that people
don't have a right to disagree with you and your in more of a mess then if
you just ignored the guy. Mel can't harm you! I can't harm you either if I
simply don't agree with what you are saying. If you don't like what the man
is saying Ignore him because is what he's saying really all that important
to you? I don't agree with the Christian Identity movement! I don't agree
with these people who roll around and the floor and bark like dogs either.
They can do what they want, its not really going to harm anyone really. In
the end if they find that what they are doing is not really a help to them I
can show them something different if their interested. I think we all stress
out way too much over nothing!

"pan" <pan@psnwREMVE.com> wrote in message
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/
>
> Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
> "The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
> Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
> Gibson,
> a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
> going to hell.
>
> Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
> reporter
> asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
> is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
> believe it."
>
> He elaborated: "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much
> better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church
> of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she
> believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't
> make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from
> the chair. I go with it."
>

> pan

Hummm..
2004-02-13 12:36:16 EST
My understanding of the message of the movie is that it's not
anti-Semantic, but that the message is that
YOUR SIN KILLED JESUS... you being in the plural sense of the word. I
find it interesting...very
interesting that the Hollywood 'powers that be' are against this movie,
tried to prohibit it being made, and
did everything in their power to insure it never seen the light of
day.... and now they are in a lather over
fear of it's success.... and what that means to them....

"pan" <pan@psnwREMVE.com> wrote in message
> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4224452/
>
> Mel Gibson has come under fire for being hard on Jews in his film
> "The Passion of the Christ" -- but apparently, he feels that
> Protestants are also doomed to damnation. In fact, it looks like
> Gibson,
> a conservative Catholic, believes that his Episcopalian wife could be
> going to hell.
>
> Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the
> reporter
> asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. "There
> is no salvation for those outside the Church," Gibson replied. "I
> believe it."
>
> He elaborated: "Put it this way. My wife is a saint. She's a much
> better person than I am. Honestly. She's, like, Episcopalian, Church
> of England. She prays, she believes in God, she knows Jesus, she
> believes in that stuff. And it's just not fair if she doesn't
> make it, she's better than I am. But that is a pronouncement from
> the chair. I go with it."
>

> pan

Disciple
2004-02-17 22:25:44 EST
There is no salvation outside of real Christianity. The problem is that
Roman catholicism itself is outside of the real Christian church. Roman
catholicism is mostly pagan with a false Christian front:
Here is a catholic cardinal admitting that.
Cardinal Newman admits in his book that; the "temples,
incense, oil lamps, votive offerings, holy water, Holidays, and
seasons of devotion, processions, blessings of the fields,
sacerdotal vestments, the tonsure (of priests, munks and nuns),
images, and statues... are all of PAGAN ORIGIN." The Development of the
Christian Religion Cardinal Newman p.359
For a detailed study of why Roman catholicism is not a real Christian church
and why it contradicts the Bible, read the online book, Understanding Roman
Catholicism by Rick Jones found at this website:
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160cont.asp

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in
them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they
might be saved.
2 Thessalonians 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong
delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2 Thessalonians 2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the
truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Roman catholicism with its pagan robes and pagan feast days and religious
rituals is strong delusion indeed, deceiving many millions into hell.
Counterfeit Christianity is as fake as a three dollar bill.