Bible Discussion: 'www.apostolic-churches.net' Is Down

'www.apostolic-churches.net' Is Down

Geoff
2004-02-07 05:25:45 EST
Does anyone know of another site with Strong's references? All the sites I
have seen seem to link to this one. Thanks.

-g

Pastor Dave
2004-02-08 10:14:00 EST
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:25:45 GMT, "geoff"
<*m@nospam.org> spake thusly:

I'm pretty sure www.crosswalk.com does.

--

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"Theology and ethics are inextricably bound together.
Yet under the supposed banner of unity, we have
harbored enemy ships - as long as they flew our flag.
That policy must change. Tolerating enemies of the
historic Christian faith as though they were our
brethren is not love, but adultery. The substance
of the faith is the only basis for unity."
- The Agony of Deceit, p23

Geoff
2004-02-08 11:04:24 EST
> I'm pretty sure www.crosswalk.com does.

Yes, it does! Actually, there are many web pages with different versions of
the bible. What was unique about 'apostolic-churches' is the text of the
bible had links to Strong's concordance. It is very easy reading, the way
it is layed out, and if you had a question about the original greek or
hebrew, you just click on the word and the Strong's concordance reference
page would be brought up. If you want to see an example of it, go to google
and search for the following:

"www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/strongs" "genesis 14"

. . . type the whole thing in the text box and be sure to use the quotes. I
think only one result will come back. You will see a link that says
'cached'. Click on it to see the web page. That is not the real web page,
it is a copy google made of it.

The words that are underlined, are links to Strong's concordance. Those
links will not work since they will try to go to the real web page.

No bible software does this, I mean, allow one to just click on a word and
be taken to the Strong's reference page and there is no other web page like
it. It is very disappointing to see it disappear and I think it is gone for
a while, if not for good. I looked up 'www.apostolic-churches.net' at the
internic, the place where all URLs are registered and the expiration was the
end of January, 2004.

So, I guess it is back to very mediocre bible tools.

-g

"Pastor Dave" <nospam-draymond@minister.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 10:25:45 GMT, "geoff"
> <nospam@nospam.org> spake thusly:
>
> >Does anyone know of another site with Strong's references? All the sites
> >have seen seem to link to this one. Thanks.
>
> I'm pretty sure www.crosswalk.com does.
>

> --
>
> Pastor Dave Raymond
>
> "As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
> to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
> thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
> before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16
>
> "Theology and ethics are inextricably bound together.
> Yet under the supposed banner of unity, we have
> harbored enemy ships - as long as they flew our flag.
> That policy must change. Tolerating enemies of the
> historic Christian faith as though they were our
> brethren is not love, but adultery. The substance
> of the faith is the only basis for unity."
> - The Agony of Deceit, p23

Pastor Dave
2004-02-08 15:16:12 EST
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:04:24 GMT, "geoff"
<*m@nospam.org> spake thusly:

>> I'm pretty sure www.crosswalk.com does.
>
>Yes, it does! Actually, there are many web pages with different versions of
>the bible. What was unique about 'apostolic-churches' is the text of the
>bible had links to Strong's concordance. It is very easy reading, the way
>it is layed out, and if you had a question about the original greek or
>hebrew, you just click on the word and the Strong's concordance reference
>page would be brought up. If you want to see an example of it, go to google
>and search for the following:
>
>"www.apostolic-churches.net/bible/strongs" "genesis 14"
>
>. . . type the whole thing in the text box and be sure to use the quotes. I
>think only one result will come back. You will see a link that says
>'cached'. Click on it to see the web page. That is not the real web page,
>it is a copy google made of it.
>
>The words that are underlined, are links to Strong's concordance. Those
>links will not work since they will try to go to the real web page.
>
>No bible software does this, I mean, allow one to just click on a word and
>be taken to the Strong's reference page and there is no other web page like
>it. It is very disappointing to see it disappear and I think it is gone for
>a while, if not for good. I looked up 'www.apostolic-churches.net' at the
>internic, the place where all URLs are registered and the expiration was the
>end of January, 2004.
>
>So, I guess it is back to very mediocre bible tools.

This is why I always buy the actual books, too. :)

--

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"In fact, there is a great deal more to the
creation/evolution controversy than meets the eye,
or rather than meets the carefully cultivated media
stereotype of 'creationists' as Bible quoting know
nothings who refuse to face up to the scientific
evidence. The creationists may be wrong about many
things, but they have at least one very important
point to argue, a point that has been thoroughly
obscured by all the attention paid to Noah's Flood
and other side issues. What science educators
propose to teach as 'evolution' and label it as fact,
is based not upon any incontrovertible empirical
evidence (scientifically proven facts, ed.), but upon
a highly controversial philosophical presupposition.
The controversy over evolution is therefore not going
to go away as people become better educated on the
subject. On the contrary, the more people learn
about the philosophical content of what scientists
are calling the 'fact of evolution', the less they
are going to like it." - Philip E. Johnson, Evolution
as Dogma: The Establishment of Naturalism

Geoff
2004-02-08 19:09:53 EST
> This is why I always buy the actual books, too. :)

I understand but I wonder why no bible software does this either. I mean,
even the most expensive software has one copy and paste words, etc. It is
very disappointing.

> [...]
> nothings who refuse to face up to the scientific
> evidence. The creationists may be wrong about many
> things, but they have at least one very important
> point to argue, a point that has been thoroughly
> obscured by all the attention paid to Noah's Flood
> and other side issues. What science educators
> propose to teach as 'evolution' and label it as fact,
> is based not upon any incontrovertible empirical
> evidence (scientifically proven facts, ed.), but upon
> a highly controversial philosophical presupposition.
> The controversy over evolution is therefore not going
> to go away as people become better educated on the
> subject. On the contrary, the more people learn
> about the philosophical content of what scientists
> are calling the 'fact of evolution', the less they
> are going to like it." - Philip E. Johnson, Evolution
> as Dogma: The Establishment of Naturalism

2004-02-09 10:00:18 EST
On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 00:09:53 GMT, "geoff"
<*m@nospam.org> spake thusly:

>> This is why I always buy the actual books, too. :)
>
>I understand but I wonder why no bible software does this either. I mean,
>even the most expensive software has one copy and paste words, etc. It is
>very disappointing.

Software wise, I use a free package, called "e-Sword".
You can find it at www.e-sword.net with all kinds of
free add ons. I think it works better than pay
software.

--

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

"Few paleontologists have, I think ever supposed that
fossils, by themselves, provide grounds for the
conclusion that evolution has occurred. An examination
of the work of those paleontologists who have been
particularly concerned with the relationship between
paleontology and evolutionary theory, for example that
of G. G. Simpson and S. J. Gould, reveals a mindfulness
of the fact that the record of evolution, like any
other historical record, must be construed within a
complex of particular and general preconceptions not
the least of which is the hypothesis that evolution has
occurred. ...The fossil record doesn't even provide any
evidence in support of Darwinian theory except in the
weak sense that the fossil record is compatible with
it, just as it is compatible with other evolutionary
theories, and revolutionary theories and special
creationist theories and even historical theories."
(Kitts, David B., "Search for the Holy Transformation,"
review of Evolution of Living Organisms, by Pierre-P.
Grassé, Paleobiology, vol. 5, 1979, pp. 353-354)