Bible Discussion: Bible Silent On Simple Gay Sex

Bible Silent On Simple Gay Sex

Shane
2004-02-05 21:50:25 EST
Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
word that condemns the account I wrote above.
Shane

Chris
2004-02-05 21:55:41 EST

"Shane" <sanedude@reality.com> wrote in message
> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
> Shane

Sure:

(Lev 18:22 NIV) "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is
detestable.

Is one enough?

Shane
2004-02-05 22:04:04 EST
On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:41 GMT, "Chris" <vze235xx@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

>"Shane" <sanedude@reality.com> wrote in message
>> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
>> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
>> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
>> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
>> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
>> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
>> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
>> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
>> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
>> Shane
>

>Sure:
>
>(Lev 18:22 NIV) "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is
>detestable.
>
>Is one enough?

I see you are one of the stupid ones I mentioned above. I am speaking
of 21st century America. NOT ancient Israel! Who was ur verse written
to?

"Lev. 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded
Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai."

You do not even know what that verse meant to the ancient Hebrews,
much less apply it to the event I wrote above. That verse I quoted
above shows who Lev. 18:22 was written to and for. It is not for
today. Try again...

Chris
2004-02-05 23:29:04 EST

> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:41 GMT, "Chris" <vze235xx@nospamverizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Shane" <sanedude@reality.com> wrote in message
> >> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
> >> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
> >> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
> >> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
> >> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
> >> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
> >> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
> >> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
> >> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
> >> Shane
> >

> >Sure:
> >
> >(Lev 18:22 NIV) "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that
is
> >detestable.
> >
> >Is one enough?
> >
> I see you are one of the stupid ones I mentioned above. I am speaking
> of 21st century America. NOT ancient Israel! Who was ur verse written
> to?

Wow, I'm a "stupid one" but you want me to produce a passage from the Bble
that says 2 men building a deer stand can't have sex? Terribly sorry -
there's no mappages about deer stabds in the Bible. Or, am I stupid becuase
there are no passages in the Bible addressed to 21st century americans. You
Do realize the last book of the BIble was written late in the 1st century,
as in before the United States existed, right? Run along little boy....

> "Lev. 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded
> Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai."
>
> You do not even know what that verse meant to the ancient Hebrews,
> much less apply it to the event I wrote above. That verse I quoted
> above shows who Lev. 18:22 was written to and for. It is not for
> today. Try again...

John Vogel
2004-02-05 23:46:45 EST
"Shane" <sanedude@reality.com> wrote in message
> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
> Shane

There is more then a single verse that condemns the above situation, in the
scripture. I'm sorry to have to be the one to break it to you, but according
to scripture, such a situation is a sin. But, to make it easier, maybe you
should realize that if the above situtation were between a male and female
co-worker, and they were not married to one another, this is also a sin.

So what does that mean? It means that we are all sinners, and when we lust
after the flesh we take our minds and eyes off of God. When we allow
ourselves to succomb to our temptations, we have been overcome by sin...The
scripture says that no man is tempted beyond what he can endure, that God
will provide a way out of all temptation, if we place our trust in Him.

John

GentleOwlSpirit
2004-02-06 01:48:31 EST

"> On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:41 GMT,

> >"Shane" <> wrote in message
> >> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
> >> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
> >> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
> >> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
> >> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
> >> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
> >> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
> >> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
> >> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
> >> Shane
> >

> >Sure:
> >
> >(Lev 18:22 NIV) "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that
is
> >detestable.
> >
> >Is one enough?
> >
> I see you are one of the stupid ones I mentioned above. I am speaking
> of 21st century America. NOT ancient Israel! Who was ur verse written
> to?
===============

Shane,
The words of God are unchangeable, i.e. they do not change with time! And
if you don't like the text that was given you there are many translations of
the Bible on today's market...help yourself!
Peace, Sioux
===============

> "Lev. 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded
> Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai."
>
> You do not even know what that verse meant to the ancient Hebrews,
> much less apply it to the event I wrote above. That verse I quoted
> above shows who Lev. 18:22 was written to and for. It is not for
> today. Try again...

Dan
2004-02-06 05:32:32 EST

"Shane" <sanedude@reality.com> wrote in message
> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
> Shane

Shane, Shane, Shane.

No, there's no single verse in the Bible actually describing that event you
experienced with your special friend in the deer stand, what with names,
times and dates as you're obviously interested in, in order to justify your
strange sexual preferences.

You win, loser.

Rick
2004-02-06 06:49:50 EST
Does that make ALL of the 10 commandments irrelevant for today, those
commands were also given for the childen of Israel.

> I see you are one of the stupid ones I mentioned above. I am speaking
> of 21st century America. NOT ancient Israel! Who was ur verse written
> to?
>
> "Lev. 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded
> Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai."
>
> You do not even know what that verse meant to the ancient Hebrews,
> much less apply it to the event I wrote above. That verse I quoted
> above shows who Lev. 18:22 was written to and for. It is not for
> today. Try again...

Rhymer
2004-02-06 07:26:37 EST
Shane wrote:

>>Sure:
>>
>>(Lev 18:22 NIV) "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is
>>detestable.
>>
>>Is one enough?
>>
> I see you are one of the stupid ones I mentioned above. I am speaking
> of 21st century America. NOT ancient Israel! Who was ur verse written
> to?
>
> "Lev. 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded
> Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai."
>
> You do not even know what that verse meant to the ancient Hebrews,
> much less apply it to the event I wrote above. That verse I quoted
> above shows who Lev. 18:22 was written to and for. It is not for
> today. Try again...

Shane,

The Bible was not written for 21st century America. If you are looking for a
book that describes modern day morality, the Bible should be the last book
on the list. It is, in fact, a very immoral book.

People who cannot keep the Bible in it's place, and think they should live a
life based on their (or someone else's) interpretation of it, and try to
force others to do the same, are some of the sickest people in our society.

Pick up a copy of the book, "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck. In it
you will find a more modern value system without the cruelty displayed in
the Bible. Live by this book and you will be OK.
______________
"Love is everywhere, I see it.
"You are all that you can be, go on and be it.
"Life is perfect, I believe it.
"Come and play the game with me."*
______________
*As sung by John Denver.

Ron

Pastor Dave
2004-02-06 09:01:04 EST
On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:04:04 -0500, Shane
<*e@reality.com> spake thusly:

>On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 02:55:41 GMT, "Chris" <vze235xx@nospamverizon.net>
>wrote:
>

>>"Shane" <sanedude@reality.com> wrote in message
>>> Two long time male friends, coworkers, coequals, are together in some
>>> activity in private. Maybe they are building a deer stand in a tree.
>>> They become aroused and end up pleasuring each other sexually and
>>> enjoy each other. Please, somebody, show me any single verse in
>>> Scripture that condemns that. This is not an invitation for the stupid
>>> ones to *proof-text* with a list of verses they do not understand. I
>>> want to see one, (1), just one single verse that condemns the
>>> situation I stated above. There is NOT a single verse in all of God's
>>> word that condemns the account I wrote above.
>>> Shane
>>

>>Sure:
>>
>>(Lev 18:22 NIV) "'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is
>>detestable.
>>
>>Is one enough?
>>
>I see you are one of the stupid ones I mentioned above. I am speaking
>of 21st century America. NOT ancient Israel! Who was ur verse written
>to?

You see, I knew where you were going with your message
when I started reading it, but I'm responding anyway.
Others need to see just how foolish your words are.
According to your logic, nothing applies from any book
that was written prior to January 1st, 2000. After
all, what could there possibly be to learn from them?
And even if it was written after that, if it is not
specifically addressed to "21st Century America", then
we can't learn a thing from it and it couldn't possibly
have any advice worthy of following.

>"Lev. 27:34 These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded
>Moses for the children of Israel in mount Sinai."

Galatians 6:15-16

15) For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth
any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16) And as many as walk according to this rule, peace
be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

>You do not even know what that verse meant to the ancient Hebrews,
>much less apply it to the event I wrote above. That verse I quoted
>above shows who Lev. 18:22 was written to and for. It is not for
>today. Try again...

No, you try again. When someone became part of God's
family back then, they were shown these laws. Nowhere
did Jesus say, "Now it's okay to murder, have gay sex,
steal money", etc.. Your logic dictates that it's now
okay to kill someone with a meat hook. After all, even
though the Bible says, "Thou shalt not kill", it
doesn't cover THAT SPECIFIC situation, so it must be
okay to do it, right?

If this is the best you can do, then Christians will
have an easy time of it.

--

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

The fact is, if you can't believe the beginning,
you can't believe the end and shouldn't claim to.
To disbelieve the beginning, is to doubt many things
that Jesus said. After all, He made it clear that
He believed it. If you believe in the Trinity, how
can you believe that God wouldn't know how it all
started? If you can't believe the beginning, then
get off the pulpit.