Bible Discussion: Woman Starving Baby To Death Because Of Prophecy

Woman Starving Baby To Death Because Of Prophecy

Sharon
2004-02-03 14:35:14 EST
Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body has been
featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.

TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her infant
son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy said Monday that she was a
victim of her domineering husband, and of the splinter sect to which they
both belonged. The prosecutor countered that the real victim was Samuel
Robidoux, the baby who died in 1999 just shy of his first birthday after
slowly wasting away for months while his parents withheld solid food. The
jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...
And CNN is carrying the full report on their website:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/02/embattled.sect.ap/index.html

--
Keeping up with issues related to WCG and it's splinters... for a very very
long time now...

TCS
2004-02-03 16:04:17 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:14 GMT, sharon <> wrote:
>Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body has been
>featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.

>TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her infant
>son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy said Monday that she was a
>victim of her domineering husband, and of the splinter sect to which they
>both belonged.

So what? She killer her baby and murder is illegal in the state of
massachuesettes. It doesn't matter if her broke her bones on a daily basis.

>The prosecutor countered that the real victim was Samuel
>Robidoux, the baby who died in 1999 just shy of his first birthday after
>slowly wasting away for months while his parents withheld solid food. The
>jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...
>And CNN is carrying the full report on their website:
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/02/embattled.sect.ap/index.html

>--
>Keeping up with issues related to WCG and it's splinters... for a very very
>long time now...
>* Ambassador Watch *
>http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~gavinru/watch.htm

No 33 Secretary
2004-02-03 17:00:03 EST
"sharon" <*...@....com> wrote in

> Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body
> has been featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.
>
> TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her
> infant son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy

If the prophecy was "you'll spend the rest of your life in prison," then
I'd say she succeeded.

--
Terry Austin
t*n@hyperbooks.com

Mark Richardson
2004-02-03 17:29:04 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:14 GMT, "sharon" <*...@....com> wrote:

>Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body has been
>featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.
>
>TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her infant
>son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy said Monday that she was a
>victim of her domineering husband, and of the splinter sect to which they
>both belonged. The prosecutor countered that the real victim was Samuel
>Robidoux, the baby who died in 1999 just shy of his first birthday after
>slowly wasting away for months while his parents withheld solid food. The
>jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...
>And CNN is carrying the full report on their website:
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/02/embattled.sect.ap/index.html

The reasons for committing a murder don't matter as far a quilt or
innocence is concerned - except for self defence or similar.

Mark.

--
Mark Richardson mDOTrichardsonATutasDOTeduDOTau

Member of S.M.A.S.H.
(Sarcastic Middle aged Atheists with a Sense of Humour)

Al Klein
2004-02-04 00:04:34 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:14 GMT, "sharon" <*...@....com> posted in
alt.atheism:

>The jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...

If they were out for more than the time it took to close the door and
say, "Guilty!", there's something seriously wrong.
--
"We should do unto others as we would want them to do unto us. If I were an unborn
fetus I would want others to use force to protect me, therefore using force against

Harry Back
2004-02-07 02:59:15 EST
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:14 GMT, "sharon" <*...@....com> wrote:

>Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body has been
>featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.
>
>TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her infant
>son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy said Monday that she was a
>victim of her domineering husband, and of the splinter sect to which they
>both belonged. The prosecutor countered that the real victim was Samuel
>Robidoux, the baby who died in 1999 just shy of his first birthday after
>slowly wasting away for months while his parents withheld solid food. The
>jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...
>And CNN is carrying the full report on their website:
>http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/02/embattled.sect.ap/index.html

I don't know anything about that "splinter" group, but the reality is
there have been children in North America who have died during
unofficial Roman Catholic exorcisms in recent years. So that story
hardly reflects the true nature of the WCG.

--
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists.
That is why they invented hell. - Bertrand Russell

Libertarius
2004-02-07 16:32:58 EST

Harry Back wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:14 GMT, "sharon" <*...@....com> wrote:
>
> >Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body has been
> >featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.
> >
> >TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her infant
> >son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy said Monday that she was a
> >victim of her domineering husband, and of the splinter sect to which they
> >both belonged. The prosecutor countered that the real victim was Samuel
> >Robidoux, the baby who died in 1999 just shy of his first birthday after
> >slowly wasting away for months while his parents withheld solid food. The
> >jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...
> >And CNN is carrying the full report on their website:
> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/02/embattled.sect.ap/index.html
>
> I don't know anything about that "splinter" group, but the reality is
> there have been children in North America who have died during
> unofficial Roman Catholic exorcisms in recent years. So that story
> hardly reflects the true nature of the WCG.

===>The article says:
'Forensic psychologist Charlotte Denton,
who examined Robidoux several times at
Taunton State Hospital,
testified Monday that Robidoux was
"in a cognitive and emotional fog"'

In fact ALL fundamentalist sectarians, especially ones like the WCG, the
PCG, "The Body", etc. are sunken "in a cognitive and emotional fog".

SEE:
"WCG and Splinter Groups Are Destroyers
of Mind, Body and Soul"
http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/child/story/dstroyrs.htm
"What is the Philadelphia Church of God?"
http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/mike_ep/pcg/what_is.htm

etc. -- L.

Al Klein
2004-02-08 01:45:40 EST
On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:32:58 -0700, Libertarius
<*s@Nothing_But_The.Truth> posted in alt.atheism:

>In fact ALL fundamentalist sectarians, especially ones like the WCG, the
>PCG, "The Body", etc. are sunken "in a cognitive and emotional fog".

And that's different from other religions how?
--
"The doctrine that the earth is neither the center of the universe nor immovable, but
moves even with a daily rotation, is absurd, and both philosophically and theologically
(random sig, produced by SigChanger)
rukbat at optonline dot net

Harry Back
2004-02-08 04:44:56 EST
<*s@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote:

>Harry Back wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:14 GMT, "sharon" <*...@....com> wrote:
>>
>> >Robidoux cult in spotlight: The WCG-related splinter group The Body has been
>> >featured in recent news reports. This item was carried by AP.
>> >
>> >TAUNTON, Mass. (AP) The lawyer for a woman accused of starving her infant
>> >son to death to fulfill a religious prophesy said Monday that she was a
>> >victim of her domineering husband, and of the splinter sect to which they
>> >both belonged. The prosecutor countered that the real victim was Samuel
>> >Robidoux, the baby who died in 1999 just shy of his first birthday after
>> >slowly wasting away for months while his parents withheld solid food. The
>> >jury began deliberations Monday afternoon in the trial of Karen Robidoux...
>> >And CNN is carrying the full report on their website:
>> >http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/02/embattled.sect.ap/index.html
>>
>> I don't know anything about that "splinter" group, but the reality is
>> there have been children in North America who have died during
>> unofficial Roman Catholic exorcisms in recent years. So that story
>> hardly reflects the true nature of the WCG.
>
>===>The article says:
>'Forensic psychologist Charlotte Denton,
>who examined Robidoux several times at
>Taunton State Hospital,
>testified Monday that Robidoux was
>"in a cognitive and emotional fog"'
>
>In fact ALL fundamentalist sectarians, especially ones like the WCG, the
>PCG, "The Body", etc. are sunken "in a cognitive and emotional fog".

Especially? How about the American Christian fundies who want to
outlaw abortion and remove the teaching of evolution in the classroom?
There are also extremist Roman Catholics.

The teachings I have received from the WCG have really opened my mind
to a lot of concepts in the Bible which the traditional Christian
religions seem to have forgotten about. (Although I don't agree with
everything they have to say - like following some aspects of the Law
of Moses, which the writers of the NT were against.) They haven't put
me in a congnitive and emotional fog. And I doubt the WCG has the same
extremist views of "The Body"...

Know what the definition of a "cult" is? It's a religious organization
without any political power. You should go to a Christian Pentecostal
church service and watch them "speak in tongues" and then call some
other religion a "cult". (BTW, I learned from the WCG that "speaking
in tongues" in Acts means speaking in a valid foreign language, which
is certainly what the text states.)

>SEE:
>"WCG and Splinter Groups Are Destroyers
> of Mind, Body and Soul"
>http://home.datawest.net/esn-recovery/child/story/dstroyrs.htm

OMG!

--
The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists.
That is why they invented hell. - Bertrand Russell

Libertarius
2004-02-08 11:33:56 EST

Al Klein wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:32:58 -0700, Libertarius
> <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> posted in alt.atheism:
>
> >In fact ALL fundamentalist sectarians, especially ones like the WCG, the
> >PCG, "The Body", etc. are sunken "in a cognitive and emotional fog".
>
> And that's different from other religions how?

===>They are not all created equal. SOme are more foggy than others.

However, it applies equally that

FAITH IS A SACERDOTALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE. -- L.