Bible Discussion: Everybody Wants To Talk About Paul, But Do They Really?

Everybody Wants To Talk About Paul, But Do They Really?
Posts: 7

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Pastor Winter JNAHC
2004-01-26 00:27:33 EST
2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is
salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to
the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these
things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which
they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the
other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before,
beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked,
fall from your own stedfastness.
18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and
Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever.
Amen.

One calls on the Name of Jesus by being water baptised in the
Name of Jesus.

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized,
and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The Apostle Paul preached the same Acts 2:38 message originally
preached by Peter. Notice how it is referred to as the word of
the Lord Jesus.

Please examine carefully the account when Paul founded the
Ephesian church.

Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at
Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to
Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,

Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost
since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as
heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

* Notice that "believers" did not yet have the Holy Ghost. *

Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized?
And they said, Unto John's baptism.

* Notice that Paul questioned the validity of their baptism. *

Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism
of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe
on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Note what the people IMMEDIATELY did when Paul told them to
believe on Jesus.

Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name
of the Lord Jesus.

Notice that they were re-baptised the Christian way.

Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy
Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Notice that when they did receive the Holy Ghost that they spoke
in tongues just like every other real Christian.

Acts 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.

Acts 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for
the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things
concerning the kingdom of God.

Acts 19:9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but
spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from
them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school
of one Tyrannus.

They had those even back then who opposed the Acts 2:38 message.

Acts 19:10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that
all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus,
both Jews and Greeks.

Notice that Paul was preaching the word of the Lord Jesus.

Notice also the instructions Paul gave for dealing with any who
would preach otherwise.

Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other
gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let
him be accursed.

Notice the plan of salvation for as many as "our God" (Jesus)
shall call.

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized
every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of
sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to
all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall
call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying,
Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and
the same day there were added unto them about three thousand
souls.

People who quote Paul and refer to Paul should know what
he preached.

Pastor Steve Winter
--
Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal /*/ PreRapture Ministry
http://www.onenesschristian.org for Bible studies (text and audio)
Have you obeyed Acts 2:38 as Paul taught in Acts 19:4-6?

Phillip Ray Holmes
2004-01-26 15:31:28 EST
Pastor Winter JNAHC <steveNONO-SPAM@prime.org> wrote in message news:<u49910tnd0lufruoo1mh2dlg782ls4fdma@4ax.com>...
> 2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is
> salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to
> the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
> 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these
> things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which
> they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the
> other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
> 17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before,
> beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked,
> fall from your own stedfastness.
> 18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and
> Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever.
> Amen.
>
> One calls on the Name of Jesus by being water baptised in the
> Name of Jesus.
>
> Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized,
> and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
>
> The Apostle Paul preached the same Acts 2:38 message originally
> preached by Peter. Notice how it is referred to as the word of
> the Lord Jesus.
>
> Please examine carefully the account when Paul founded the
> Ephesian church.
>
> Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at
> Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to
> Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
>
> Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost
> since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as
> heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
>
> * Notice that "believers" did not yet have the Holy Ghost. *
>
> Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized?
> And they said, Unto John's baptism.
>
> * Notice that Paul questioned the validity of their baptism. *
>
> Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism
> of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe
> on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
>
> Note what the people IMMEDIATELY did when Paul told them to
> believe on Jesus.
>
> Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name
> of the Lord Jesus.
>
> Notice that they were re-baptised the Christian way.
>
> Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy
> Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
>
> Notice that when they did receive the Holy Ghost that they spoke
> in tongues just like every other real Christian.
>
> Acts 19:7 And all the men were about twelve.
>
> Acts 19:8 And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for
> the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things
> concerning the kingdom of God.
>
> Acts 19:9 But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but
> spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from
> them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school
> of one Tyrannus.
>
> They had those even back then who opposed the Acts 2:38 message.
>
> Acts 19:10 And this continued by the space of two years; so that
> all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus,
> both Jews and Greeks.
>
> Notice that Paul was preaching the word of the Lord Jesus.
>
> Notice also the instructions Paul gave for dealing with any who
> would preach otherwise.
>
> Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other
> gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let
> him be accursed.
>
> Notice the plan of salvation for as many as "our God" (Jesus)
> shall call.
>
> Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized
> every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of
> sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
> 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to
> all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall
> call.
> 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying,
> Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
> 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and
> the same day there were added unto them about three thousand
> souls.
>
> People who quote Paul and refer to Paul should know what
> he preached.
>
> Pastor Steve Winter




I agree, and if you noticed in a recent post I stood by the preaching
that Paul did. Not as some in here! Paul taught nothing contrary to
the words of Jesus Christ! Paul taught and preached those those things
revealed unto him by the teaching of the other Apostles, and directly
from our Lord Jesus Christ!

Phillip Ray Holmes

c*8@yahoo.com

Quartus
2004-01-27 09:20:27 EST


Pastor Winter JNAHC wrote:

> Acts 19:1 And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at
> Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to
> Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
>
> Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost
> since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as
> heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
>
> * Notice that "believers" did not yet have the Holy Ghost. *


I notice that you put the word 'believers' in quotes. That's because the
words of scripture do not square with your false doctrine. These people
were believers before being baptised. You will, no doubt, be forced to
define the word 'believers' to be something other than what it is in
order to support your false doctrines.

So also was Saul (Paul) a believer before he was baptised, for Ananias
addresses him as "brother Saul" before Saul was baptised. "And Ananias
went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him
said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in
the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy
sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost. And immediately there fell
from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith,
and arose, and was baptized." Acts 9:17,18. You will, no doubt, be
forced to define the word 'brother' to be something other than what it
is in order to support your false doctrines.


-- Quartus, a brother.


----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Pastor Winter JNAHC
2004-01-27 14:42:23 EST
Quartus <quartus_a_brother@yahoo.com> spake thusly and wrote:

>
>
>I notice that you put the word 'believers' in quotes. That's because the
>words of scripture do not square with your false doctrine.

Filthy lying false-christian scum like the gutless anon "Quartus"
don't like to see the truth preached because it exposes them
as the filthy lying deceivers that they are.

The best defense against such filth as "Quartus" is education
and information.

II Timothy 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God,
and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
for instruction in righteousness:
II Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly
furnished unto all good works.
II Timothy 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord
Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his
appearing and his kingdom;
II Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of
season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and
doctrine.
II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure
sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to
themselves teachers, having itching ears;
II Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the
truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

So it is my job as a preacher to "preach the word" and expose
popular "fables". False-christian dirt like "Quartus" don't like
that.

In the Bible when sinners asked "what shall we do?" the Apostles
responded (with Peter as the spokesman) and said:

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized
every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of
sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

They were told to repent, be water baptised in Jesus name to have
their past sins remitted, and to receive the gift of the Holy
Ghost.

Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and
to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God
shall call.

Then Peter went on to say that this was the plan for "as many as
the Lord our God shall call".

Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort,
saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:
and the same day there were added [unto them] about three
thousand souls.

Then about 3000 that received the "word" were water baptised in
Jesus name to have all of their past sins remitted. Sins are
actually washed away when people are baptised using the NAME of
the Lord (His name is Jesus).

Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and
wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The other "epistles" like Romans and Ephesians are letters to
people who were already Christians telling them how to "stay
Christian". Acts 2:38 tells you how to BECOME a Christian, then
you need the other books to learn what God expects of Christians.

Unless you first become a Christian by obeying Acts 2:38, the
other epistles aren't really addressed to you and the promises
aren't for you.

Notice how the Apostles founded the churches and what they told
people to do to become Christians.

** Jews when they received the Holy Ghost **

Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began
to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

** Samaritans when they received the Holy Ghost **

Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard
that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them
Peter and John:
Acts 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that
they might receive the Holy Ghost:
Acts 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they
were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
Acts 8:17 Then laid they [their] hands on them, and they received
the Holy Ghost.

** There was a clear instant sign so that the Apostles knew that
they had received the same Holy Ghost that the Apostles had *

** Gentiles when they received the Holy Ghost **

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were
astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the
Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify
God. Then answered Peter,
Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be
baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of
the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

** John the Baptist's disciples had to be RE- baptised and then
they received the same Holy Ghost **

Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost
since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as
heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized?
And they said, Unto John's baptism.
Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism
of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe
on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name
of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy
Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Jews, gentiles, Samaritans; all baptised in JESUS name, all spoke
in tongues when they received the Holy Ghost.

The religion of these gutless anon scum like "Quartus" or that
devilish scum "cub_brave" from cox.net is NOT the religion of the
Bible.

Pastor Steve Winter
--
Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal /*/ PreRapture Ministry
http://www.onenesschristian.org for Bible studies (text and audio)
Have you obeyed Acts 2:38 as Paul taught in Acts 19:4-6?

Quartus
2004-01-27 17:33:55 EST


Impostor Winter JANCH wrote:

> Quartus <quartus_a_brother@yahoo.com> spake thusly and wrote:

> >I notice that you put the word 'believers' in quotes. That's because the
> >words of scripture do not square with your false doctrine.
>
> Filthy lying false-christian scum like the gutless anon "Quartus"
> don't like to see the truth preached because it exposes them
> as the filthy lying deceivers that they are.


Instead of your normal drivel, it would have been better to respond to
the issue raised, namely, Why were they addressed as "believers" BEFORE
baptism, and why was Saul (Paul) addressed by a Christian as "Brother
Saul" BEFORE he had been baptised?

The reason you will not address these questions directly, but instead
pit the Word of God against itself with your doctrine, is that you
cannot answer the above questions, beyond denying their plain meaning
that these persons were saved (born anew) before their baptism.

Instead, you attack the messenger. I can assure you I do have a gut. You
are the "filthly liar" when you write that I am gutless.

Quartus, a brother


----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

Raymond
2004-01-28 00:18:04 EST

"Pastor Winter JNAHC" <steve.NO-SPAM@prime.org> wrote in message
news:2hfd10tq71qp3skjg5lh7tlkurs4ss1g12@4ax.com...
> Quartus <quartus_a_brother@yahoo.com> spake thusly and wrote:
>
> >
> >
> >I notice that you put the word 'believers' in quotes. That's because the
> >words of scripture do not square with your false doctrine.
>
> Filthy lying false-christian scum like the gutless anon "Quartus"
> don't like to see the truth preached because it exposes them
> as the filthy lying deceivers that they are.

He had you, and so you just cut out what he want on to say, making yourself
that "lying false, scum" you not even a Christian so I not use that in
address you.

>
> The best defense against such filth as "Quartus" is education
> and information.
>
> II Timothy 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God,
> and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
> for instruction in righteousness:
> II Timothy 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly
> furnished unto all good works.
> II Timothy 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord
> Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his
> appearing and his kingdom;
> II Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of
> season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and
> doctrine.
> II Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure
> sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to
> themselves teachers, having itching ears;
> II Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the
> truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
>
> So it is my job as a preacher to "preach the word" and expose
> popular "fables". False-christian dirt like "Quartus" don't like
> that.

Your job???????????? Now that is funny. You do expose the fables and such
as a False dirty person by just posting as it shows you are what you say
others are.

>
> In the Bible when sinners asked "what shall we do?" the Apostles
> responded (with Peter as the spokesman) and said:
>
> Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized
> every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of
> sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
>
> They were told to repent, be water baptised in Jesus name to have
> their past sins remitted, and to receive the gift of the Holy
> Ghost.
>
> Acts 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and
> to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God
> shall call.
>
> Then Peter went on to say that this was the plan for "as many as
> the Lord our God shall call".
>
> Acts 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort,
> saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
> Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized:
> and the same day there were added [unto them] about three
> thousand souls.
>
> Then about 3000 that received the "word" were water baptised in
> Jesus name to have all of their past sins remitted. Sins are
> actually washed away when people are baptised using the NAME of
> the Lord (His name is Jesus).
>
> Acts 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and
> wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
>
> The other "epistles" like Romans and Ephesians are letters to
> people who were already Christians telling them how to "stay
> Christian". Acts 2:38 tells you how to BECOME a Christian, then
> you need the other books to learn what God expects of Christians.
>
> Unless you first become a Christian by obeying Acts 2:38, the
> other epistles aren't really addressed to you and the promises
> aren't for you.
>
> Notice how the Apostles founded the churches and what they told
> people to do to become Christians.
>
> ** Jews when they received the Holy Ghost **
>
> Acts 2:4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began
> to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
>
> ** Samaritans when they received the Holy Ghost **
>
> Acts 8:14 Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard
> that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them
> Peter and John:
> Acts 8:15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that
> they might receive the Holy Ghost:
> Acts 8:16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they
> were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
> Acts 8:17 Then laid they [their] hands on them, and they received
> the Holy Ghost.
>
> ** There was a clear instant sign so that the Apostles knew that
> they had received the same Holy Ghost that the Apostles had *
>
> ** Gentiles when they received the Holy Ghost **
>
> Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were
> astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the
> Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
> Acts 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify
> God. Then answered Peter,
> Acts 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be
> baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
> Acts 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of
> the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.
>
> ** John the Baptist's disciples had to be RE- baptised and then
> they received the same Holy Ghost **
>
> Acts 19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost
> since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as
> heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
> Acts 19:3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized?
> And they said, Unto John's baptism.
> Acts 19:4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism
> of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe
> on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
> Acts 19:5 When they heard [this], they were baptized in the name
> of the Lord Jesus.
> Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid [his] hands upon them, the Holy
> Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
>
> Jews, gentiles, Samaritans; all baptised in JESUS name, all spoke
> in tongues when they received the Holy Ghost.
>
> The religion of these gutless anon scum like "Quartus" or that
> devilish scum "cub_brave" from cox.net is NOT the religion of the
> Bible.
>
> Pastor Steve Winter
> --
> Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal /*/ PreRapture Ministry
> http://www.onenesschristian.org for Bible studies (text and audio)
> Have you obeyed Acts 2:38 as Paul taught in Acts 19:4-6?



Raymond
2004-01-29 01:24:11 EST

"Quartus" <quartus_a_brother@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4016E750.1785115F@yahoo.com...
>
>
> Impostor Winter JANCH wrote:
>
> > Quartus <quartus_a_brother@yahoo.com> spake thusly and wrote:
>
> > >I notice that you put the word 'believers' in quotes. That's because
the
> > >words of scripture do not square with your false doctrine.
> >
> > Filthy lying false-christian scum like the gutless anon "Quartus"
> > don't like to see the truth preached because it exposes them
> > as the filthy lying deceivers that they are.
>
>
> Instead of your normal drivel, it would have been better to respond to
> the issue raised, namely, Why were they addressed as "believers" BEFORE
> baptism, and why was Saul (Paul) addressed by a Christian as "Brother
> Saul" BEFORE he had been baptised?
>
> The reason you will not address these questions directly, but instead
> pit the Word of God against itself with your doctrine, is that you
> cannot answer the above questions, beyond denying their plain meaning
> that these persons were saved (born anew) before their baptism.
>
> Instead, you attack the messenger. I can assure you I do have a gut. You
> are the "filthly liar" when you write that I am gutless.
>
> Quartus, a brother

It is simple if Steve would confess such, he may have to accept his Dad,
that he says went to hell because he was a Trinitarian. His ego and pride,
as well as the devil would not let him accept what the bible says, then if
he ever would, he just be another no body in the newsgroups, and his name
would disappear from all the hate groups he supports now.

>
>
> ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet
News==----
> http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
Newsgroups
> ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption
=---


Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron