Bible Discussion: How - Will We Recognize Christ?

How - Will We Recognize Christ?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Next  (First | Last)

RH
2004-01-24 11:00:01 EST
How will we recognize the Christ?

How shall we recognize him? How shall we be sure that the one we see
is indeed the Christ? There are many men in the world today who are
giving very sound instruction, very beautiful teachings, and some of
them are claimed to be the Christ by their followers. We know there
are, today, many people who claim to be the Christ or Maitreya; and we
know, too, that there is a prophecy which says that before the Christ
comes there will be many false Christs, false teachings about the
Christ, and that: "if someone points to a man and says, ‘that is the
Christ, lo, here! or lo, there!' do not believe him."

No one will point to the true Christ and say: "That is the Christ."
The recognition of the Christ is up to each one of us, individually.
The Christ is the Embodiment of the energy we call the Christ
Consciousness or Christ Principle, the energy of the Cosmic Christ. It
is released into the world for us by Maitreya, the Christ, and to the
degree that it manifests in us, we will recognize him.

He will show that our political and economic life has to make a
complete change of direction and become the spiritual activity which
essentially it is; that our educational systems, our science and
culture, should, again, take on a new, spiritual, connotation. He will
speak across the whole range of human activity, and it will be by the
breadth of his teaching, the universality of his viewpoint, that we
may recognize him; by his tremendous spiritual potency, his
extraordinary aura of purity, sanctity; by his obvious love and
capacity to serve; by all of these we may recognize him.

Many people will follow the Christ without recognizing him, without
even knowing he is in the world. But they will follow that man because
they believe in what he is saying, in what he stands for: sharing and
brotherhood, justice and freedom for all mankind. He will be the
spokesman for a certain type of group thinking along these lines. Not
the Preacher of old. He has said that many will be perhaps surprised
at his appearance. He comes, not as the Head of the Christian, or any
other church, for that matter. It may be that the orthodox Christian
leaders will be among the last to recognize the Christ. He is not the
one and only Son of God, but the friend and Elder Brother of Humanity.

The radio and television networks of the world will be linked up, and
he will make his appeal, his call, to mankind. By mentally
overshadowing all mankind simultaneously, he will come into telepathic
rapport with all humanity everywhere, and we shall hear his words
silently entering our minds, in our own language. We in the United
Kingdom shall hear him in English, the French in French, the Russians
in Russian, and so on. It is in this way that we shall know that he is
truly the Christ. Thus will be repeated, only now on a world scale,
what happened at Pentecost; and in celebration of this event,
Pentecost will become one of the major festivals of the new world
religion which the Christ will eventually inaugurate. Our response to
his call will determine the future of the world.

continues here:
http://www.share-international.org/background/FAQ/faq_main.htm

Libertarius
2004-01-24 11:14:35 EST

RH wrote:

> How will we recognize the Christ?

===>Use your imagination.
That is how "Christ" was created by Saul/Paul in the first place.

ZenIsWhen
2004-01-24 15:51:13 EST

"RH" <halcon7roho@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How will we recognize the Christ?

He will be the one who bitch-slapped George Bush!

Ray Michael OKeeffe
2004-01-24 19:49:09 EST
He will be on the clouds of heaven.

I dare say, not in the UFO that precedes Him.

When His foot touches the mount of olives, it will split east to west.

However, the ANTI Christ's will seem to be born of this world, or come in a
UFO. So don't be deceived. For Jesus Christ will not use physcial viollence.
His very presence will and breath will slay His enemies. Then you will know
who the real Christ is.

--
Peace and Love

Jesus is Lord

The signs of the beast are here now!
Pointing to Jesus return!
www.id-chip.4t.com

Keep your eyes open and use your mind to see.

Online NewsPaper about Signs of the End Times
http://beast666.faithweb.com/paper/page1.html

End times Homepage at...
http://beast666.faithweb.com/

Ray Michael O'Keeffe
r*e@888hotmail.com
(Remove the 888 to email)

(please do not send attachments for all mail with attachments is filtered as
junk mail and deleted)

====================================

> [...]
> one and only Son of God, but the friend and Elder Brother of Humanity.
>
> The radio and television networks of the world will be linked up, and
> he will make his appeal, his call, to mankind. By mentally
> overshadowing all mankind simultaneously, he will come into telepathic
> rapport with all humanity everywhere, and we shall hear his words
> silently entering our minds, in our own language. We in the United
> Kingdom shall hear him in English, the French in French, the Russians
> in Russian, and so on. It is in this way that we shall know that he is
> truly the Christ. Thus will be repeated, only now on a world scale,
> what happened at Pentecost; and in celebration of this event,
> Pentecost will become one of the major festivals of the new world
> religion which the Christ will eventually inaugurate. Our response to
> his call will determine the future of the world.

2004-01-24 20:33:15 EST

Ray Michael OKeeffe wrote:

> He will be on the clouds of heaven.
>
> I dare say, not in the UFO that precedes Him.
>
> When His foot touches the mount of olives,

the mount will turn into a thousand glasses of double martini.

John W
2004-01-24 21:13:03 EST
x-no-archive:yes
On 24 Jan 2004 08:00:01 -0800, halcon7roho@yahoo.com (RH) wrote:

>How will we recognize the Christ?
>
>How shall we recognize him? How shall we be sure that the one we see
>is indeed the Christ? There are many men in the world today who are
>giving very sound instruction, very beautiful teachings, and some of
>them are claimed to be the Christ by their followers. We know there
>are, today, many people who claim to be the Christ or Maitreya; and we
>know, too, that there is a prophecy which says that before the Christ
>comes there will be many false Christs, false teachings about the
>Christ, and that: "if someone points to a man and says, ‘that is the
>Christ, lo, here! or lo, there!' do not believe him."
>
>No one will point to the true Christ and say: "That is the Christ."

NOPE! The answer lies in scripture, but we who are His will know Him
when He returns, and we will not be fooled by any cheap imitations,
like you are offering.

John W

>The recognition of the Christ is up to each one of us, individually.
>The Christ is the Embodiment of the energy we call the Christ
>Consciousness or Christ Principle, the energy of the Cosmic Christ. It
>is released into the world for us by Maitreya, the Christ, and to the
>degree that it manifests in us, we will recognize him.
>
>He will show that our political and economic life has to make a
>complete change of direction and become the spiritual activity which
>essentially it is; that our educational systems, our science and
>culture, should, again, take on a new, spiritual, connotation. He will
>speak across the whole range of human activity, and it will be by the
>breadth of his teaching, the universality of his viewpoint, that we
>may recognize him; by his tremendous spiritual potency, his
>extraordinary aura of purity, sanctity; by his obvious love and
>capacity to serve; by all of these we may recognize him.
>
>Many people will follow the Christ without recognizing him, without
>even knowing he is in the world. But they will follow that man because
>they believe in what he is saying, in what he stands for: sharing and
>brotherhood, justice and freedom for all mankind. He will be the
>spokesman for a certain type of group thinking along these lines. Not
>the Preacher of old. He has said that many will be perhaps surprised
>at his appearance. He comes, not as the Head of the Christian, or any
>other church, for that matter. It may be that the orthodox Christian
>leaders will be among the last to recognize the Christ. He is not the
>one and only Son of God, but the friend and Elder Brother of Humanity.
>
>The radio and television networks of the world will be linked up, and
>he will make his appeal, his call, to mankind. By mentally
>overshadowing all mankind simultaneously, he will come into telepathic
>rapport with all humanity everywhere, and we shall hear his words
>silently entering our minds, in our own language. We in the United
>Kingdom shall hear him in English, the French in French, the Russians
>in Russian, and so on. It is in this way that we shall know that he is
>truly the Christ. Thus will be repeated, only now on a world scale,
>what happened at Pentecost; and in celebration of this event,
>Pentecost will become one of the major festivals of the new world
>religion which the Christ will eventually inaugurate. Our response to
>his call will determine the future of the world.
>
>continues here:
>http://www.share-international.org/background/FAQ/faq_main.htm

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-01-25 00:01:38 EST
Next time when you have a thunderstorm, go out and watch the lightening,
then read Matthew 24

"John W @yahoo.com>" <john_weatherly47<no> wrote in message
> [...]
> >one and only Son of God, but the friend and Elder Brother of Humanity.
> >
> >The radio and television networks of the world will be linked up, and
> >he will make his appeal, his call, to mankind. By mentally
> >overshadowing all mankind simultaneously, he will come into telepathic
> >rapport with all humanity everywhere, and we shall hear his words
> >silently entering our minds, in our own language. We in the United
> >Kingdom shall hear him in English, the French in French, the Russians
> >in Russian, and so on. It is in this way that we shall know that he is
> >truly the Christ. Thus will be repeated, only now on a world scale,
> >what happened at Pentecost; and in celebration of this event,
> >Pentecost will become one of the major festivals of the new world
> >religion which the Christ will eventually inaugurate. Our response to
> >his call will determine the future of the world.

<><><><><><><><>

Martus
2004-01-25 05:26:59 EST
As one who has left his body and travelled to heaven and met Christ
once, this I will tell you in all honest truth. Nobody needs to tell
you that He is the Christ because you will simply know it and if you
have any doubt about that person standing in front of you then you can
be 99% sure it is not Christ.

http://www.geocities.com/mart1963

"Glenn \(Christian Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message news:<1016jdkjqsitr9e@corp.supernews.com>...
> [...]
> > >he will make his appeal, his call, to mankind. By mentally
> > >overshadowing all mankind simultaneously, he will come into telepathic
> > >rapport with all humanity everywhere, and we shall hear his words
> > >silently entering our minds, in our own language. We in the United
> > >Kingdom shall hear him in English, the French in French, the Russians
> > >in Russian, and so on. It is in this way that we shall know that he is
> > >truly the Christ. Thus will be repeated, only now on a world scale,
> > >what happened at Pentecost; and in celebration of this event,
> > >Pentecost will become one of the major festivals of the new world
> > >religion which the Christ will eventually inaugurate. Our response to
> > >his call will determine the future of the world.
> > >
> > >continues here:
> > >http://www.share-international.org/background/FAQ/faq_main.htm

> > <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source

DW Suiter
2004-01-25 11:14:22 EST
Just as when Jesus of Nazareth stood in front of the religionists, right?

DW Suiter
Son of God

"martus" <marttila69@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> As one who has left his body and travelled to heaven and met Christ
> once, this I will tell you in all honest truth. Nobody needs to tell
> you that He is the Christ because you will simply know it and if you
> have any doubt about that person standing in front of you then you can
> be 99% sure it is not Christ.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/mart1963
>

> "Glenn \(Christian Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote in message
> > Next time when you have a thunderstorm, go out and watch the lightening,
> > then read Matthew 24
> >
> > "John W @yahoo.com>" <john_weatherly47<no> wrote in message
> > > x-no-archive:yes

> > > NOPE! The answer lies in scripture, but we who are His will know Him
> > > when He returns, and we will not be fooled by any cheap imitations,
> > > like you are offering.
> > >

> > > John W

It

Humanity.

> > http://www.uncensored-news.com
> > > <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
> > <><><><><><><><>

John W
2004-01-25 17:28:21 EST
x-no-archive:yes
On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 23:01:38 -0600, "Glenn \(Christian Mystic\)"
<*c@ev1.net> wrote:

>Next time when you have a thunderstorm, go out and watch the lightening,
>then read Matthew 24

As I stated, demoniac, when He comes, we who belong to Him will know
Him. We HAVE been told how we will recognize Him. And the proof that
you and others are asking "How?" indicates that you are not His.

But there is still time for you to get beyond your foolish
"symbolicals" and seek the Christ of the New Testament.

John W