Bible Discussion: Where Are The Women Creationists?

Where Are The Women Creationists?

Rev. Desertphile
2004-01-21 18:04:00 EST
Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
in the kitchen all the time?

--
"To the bat tank!" --- Tank Girl

Asking a Creationist for scientific evidence is like asking a hippo to ride
a unicycle.

Sarah Berel-Harrop
2004-01-21 19:34:02 EST

"Rev. Desertphile" <desertphile@cchr.ws> wrote in message
> Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
> too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
> Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
> in the kitchen all the time?

1 Corinthians 14:35-36 ?

--
Time to resign from the human race,
Wipe those tears from your lovely face.

Kari Tikkanen
2004-01-21 19:50:34 EST
In talk.origins Rev. Desertphile <desertphile@cchr.ws> wrote:
: Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
: too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
: Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
: in the kitchen all the time?

Answering subject headline..
I know only one case: Dr. Sigrid Harwig-Scherer (Univ. of Munich etc)

Some fundies say women should shut up as St.Paul has said in Bible..

--
http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ktikkane

Walter Bushell
2004-01-21 20:05:03 EST
In article <bun0e4$jjq1r$1@ID-197010.news.uni-berlin.de>,
d*e@cchr.ws (Rev. Desertphile) wrote:

> Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
> too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
> Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
> in the kitchen all the time?

They don't have the time or opportunity being barefoot in the winter and
pregnant in the summer. And in the kitchen the rest of the time.

Harlequin
2004-01-21 20:10:33 EST
d*e@cchr.ws (Rev. Desertphile) wrote in news:bun0e4$jjq1r$1@ID-
197010.news.uni-berlin.de:

> Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men?

Nancy R. Pearcey seems to be the biggest female name in the movement.

An examination of the ICR site will net a few others.

> Are women just
> too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists?

Woman are more likely to reject evolution then men.

> Or is it because
> Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
> in the kitchen all the time?

Be careful of stereotyping here.

Even in non-fundamentalist circles there are far more men than women
in positions of church leadership.

And even secular society there are many places where men outnumber
women: science and high political office being examples.

--
Anti-spam: replace "usenet" with "harlequin2"

If you are wondering how they explain biology, geology, astronomy,
physics, and other science facts...la la la...just say to yourself,
'creationism is just a show and that I really should just relax
for _Mystery Intelligent Design Theater 3000_.'

_AnonCoward
2004-01-21 20:49:23 EST
"Kari Tikkanen" <ktikkane@paju.oulu-REMOVEME.fi> wrote in message
:
: In talk.origins Rev. Desertphile <desertphile@cchr.ws> wrote:
: :
: : Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
: : too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
: : Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and
: : cooking in the kitchen all the time?
:
: Answering subject headline..
: I know only one case: Dr. Sigrid Harwig-Scherer (Univ. of Munich etc)
:
: Some fundies say women should shut up as St.Paul has said in Bible..
:
: --
: http://www.student.oulu.fi/~ktikkane

Ralf:
Margaret Helder - member of the editorial board of the self proclaimed
peer-reviewed journal "Occasional Papers of the Baraminology Study
Group" (http://www.bryancore.org/bsg/opbsg/index.html)

According to AIG: "Dr Margaret Helder is a scientist, a writer, a mother
of six, and Vice-President of the Creation Science Association of
Alberta, Canada. She is also probably the most prominent woman in
creation science." (http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/1336.asp)

Ralf
* ^~^ ^~^ *
* _ {~ ~} {~ ~} _ *
* /_``>*< >*<''_\ *
* (\--_)++) (++(_--/) *
There are no advanced students in Aikido - there are only
competent beginners. There are no advanced techniques -
only the correct application of basic principles.

Walter Bushell
2004-01-22 12:02:26 EST
In article <bun6m0$m94$1@ousrvr3.oulu.fi>,
Kari Tikkanen <ktikkane@paju.oulu-REMOVEME.fi> wrote:

> In talk.origins Rev. Desertphile <desertphile@cchr.ws> wrote:
> : Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
> : too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
> : Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
> : in the kitchen all the time?
>
> Answering subject headline..
> I know only one case: Dr. Sigrid Harwig-Scherer (Univ. of Munich etc)
>
> Some fundies say women should shut up as St.Paul has said in Bible..

If St. Paul an Jesus were to be placed in Europe in say the 1500's which
would have been burned at the stake first?

Mark VandeWettering
2004-01-22 13:44:11 EST
Rev. Desertphile wrote:

> Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
> too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
> Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
> in the kitchen all the time?

I suspect the latter.

Mark

Ken Shaw
2004-01-22 15:22:20 EST

Walter Bushell wrote:
> In article <bun6m0$m94$1@ousrvr3.oulu.fi>,
> Kari Tikkanen <ktikkane@paju.oulu-REMOVEME.fi> wrote:
>

>>In talk.origins Rev. Desertphile <desertphile@cchr.ws> wrote:
>>: Why are all or almost all Big Name Creationists men? Are women just
>>: too smart and rational to be Big Name Creationists? Or is it because
>>: Fundamentalist Christians believe women should be pregnant and cooking
>>: in the kitchen all the time?
>>
>>Answering subject headline..
>>I know only one case: Dr. Sigrid Harwig-Scherer (Univ. of Munich etc)
>>
>>Some fundies say women should shut up as St.Paul has said in Bible..
>

> If St. Paul an Jesus were to be placed in Europe in say the 1500's which
> would have been burned at the stake first?

If Jesus existed then he was a jew and the church rarely burned jews.
Paul on the other hand would have most assuredly have run afoul of the
inquisition.

Ken

Louann Miller
2004-01-22 17:24:06 EST
On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:22:20 +0000 (UTC), Ken Shaw <none.of@your.biz>
wrote:

>> If St. Paul an Jesus were to be placed in Europe in say the 1500's which
>> would have been burned at the stake first?
>>

>If Jesus existed then he was a jew and the church rarely burned jews.
>Paul on the other hand would have most assuredly have run afoul of the
>inquisition.

(head scratch) as I understand, the Inquisition was _mostly_ about
burning Jews. Not just regular Jews but convertados, i.e. Jewish
families who had converted rather than be deported in a previous round
of the Reconquista, but they were suspected of carrying on Jewish
religious observances in private.