Bible Discussion: Just A Test To See If I Got This Figured Out Yet

Just A Test To See If I Got This Figured Out Yet

Pops <>
2003-06-24 21:41:28 EST
By the way in case this does work. Anybody know a good news group that
actually has intelligent discussions on theology where people don't
pride themselves on how eloquently they can make the "other" one look
bad? Maybe some real dialogue or even a MATURE debate or two? Just
asking.

Uniacke
2003-06-24 22:06:26 EST

<Pops> wrote in message news:88vhfvo2dfbospg0tkau0asut21dg9ivge@4ax.com...
> By the way in case this does work. Anybody know a good news group that
> actually has intelligent discussions on theology where people don't
> pride themselves on how eloquently they can make the "other" one look
> bad? Maybe some real dialogue or even a MATURE debate or two? Just
> asking.

It would have to be a newsgroup where the word theology appears. It's not in
alt.bible, is there?

Uniacke
2003-06-24 22:49:54 EST

<Pops> wrote in message news:uv1ifvso3590i5se6nrehh2i2jfril3f0c@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 22:06:26 -0400, "Uniacke"
> <Uniacke-Jr@rebelspiders.com> wrote:
>

> ><Pops> wrote in message
> >> By the way in case this does work. Anybody know a good news group that
> >> actually has intelligent discussions on theology where people don't
> >> pride themselves on how eloquently they can make the "other" one look
> >> bad? Maybe some real dialogue or even a MATURE debate or two? Just
> >> asking.
> >
> >It would have to be a newsgroup where the word theology appears. It's not
in
> >alt.bible, is there?
> >
> Hey its YOU. Hello again. I just did a search of all the groups my
> news carrier has. Didnt see any under alt.bible with theology but I
> did come up with a couple in theology. I'll check them out. Thanks.

I can see only three. Not much of a choice is there. Looks like our American
friends prefer fiction to theology, 13 newsgroups about 'fiction'. A lot of
Baptists in the US.
LOL.

Pastor Dave
2003-06-25 09:57:29 EST
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:41:28 -0500, Pops <> wrote:

>By the way in case this does work. Anybody know a good news group that
>actually has intelligent discussions on theology where people don't
>pride themselves on how eloquently they can make the "other" one look
>bad? Maybe some real dialogue or even a MATURE debate or two? Just
>asking.

Wherever you go, you're going to find atheists trolling
the group, looking to tear believers away from their
faith.

Pastor Dave Raymond
___

In the beginning, God created...

The fact is, if you can't believe the beginning,
you can't believe the end and shouldn't claim to.
To disbelieve the beginning, is to doubt many things
that Jesus said. After all, He made it clear that
He believed it. If you believe in the Trinity, how
can you believe that God wouldn't know how it all
started? If you can't believe the beginning, then
get off the pulpit.

Atheism is folly, and atheists are the greatest
fools in nature; for they see there is a world
that could not make itself, and yet they will not
own there is a God that made it. - Matthew Henry

Dave Oldridge
2003-06-25 19:04:47 EST
Pastor Dave <nospam-pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:41:28 -0500, Pops <> wrote:
>
>>By the way in case this does work. Anybody know a good news group that
>>actually has intelligent discussions on theology where people don't
>>pride themselves on how eloquently they can make the "other" one look
>>bad? Maybe some real dialogue or even a MATURE debate or two? Just
>>asking.
>
> Wherever you go, you're going to find atheists trolling
> the group, looking to tear believers away from their
> faith.

Or devil-inspired heretics looking to seduce them into "sinning for God."

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

Pops <>
2003-06-27 18:45:31 EST
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:23:04 GMT, Dave Oldridge
<*T@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:

>Pastor Dave <nospam-pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 23:04:47 GMT, Dave Oldridge
>> <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>Pastor Dave <nospam-pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in

>that

>>>Or devil-inspired heretics looking to seduce them into "sinning for
>God."
>>
>> Yes, so why don't you leave? :)
>
>Because God sent me to enlighten you people, if it's at all possible. I
>didn't ask for the job and would just as soon amuse myself otherwise.
>
>(Be careful how you respond to this, some sins cannot be taken back).

You've perked up my curiousity with your last statement so I've gotta
ask. By saying they cannot be taken back do you mean God would
absolutly not forgive them. If so specifically what sin(s) are you
referring to and how would it apply to someones response to your post?

Dave Oldridge
2003-06-28 13:09:39 EST
Pops <> wrote in news:j5ipfvo33u19q2tn0sh0l7214sqr6gj9cc@4ax.com:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:23:04 GMT, Dave Oldridge
> <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
>>Pastor Dave <nospam-pastordave38@yahoo.com> wrote in

>>that

>>God."
>>>
>>> Yes, so why don't you leave? :)
>>
>>Because God sent me to enlighten you people, if it's at all possible.
>>didn't ask for the job and would just as soon amuse myself otherwise.
>>
>>(Be careful how you respond to this, some sins cannot be taken back).
>
> You've perked up my curiousity with your last statement so I've gotta
> ask. By saying they cannot be taken back do you mean God would
> absolutly not forgive them. If so specifically what sin(s) are you
> referring to and how would it apply to someones response to your post?

Sins against the Holy Ghost are unpardonable...the rest I'll leave up to
you.