Bible Discussion: (~) God Needs Our Hands

(~) God Needs Our Hands

Ninure Saunders
2004-01-10 10:49:52 EST
(~) God Needs Our Hands

At the end of World War II a group of soldiers offered to help the people
of a destroyed village in any way they could. But instead of asking for
food, money, or farm equipment, the townsmen asked for help in restoring a
statue. For years their proudest possession had been a statue of Christ in
their own town square. Now it lay shattered into many pieces. Could the
soldiers help put it together again?

It was a difficult task, chips and pieces lay all over the square. Finally
the statue was repaired except for two missing parts that the soldiers
could not find. Finished, they covered the statue with a silken parachute,
so that it could be unveiled in a ceremony before the townspeople, even
though it was incomplete.

On the occasion the mayor of the town gave a speech and pulled the cord of
the silken drape... It dropped from the statue, showing a Christ without
hands.

At first the townspeople were shocked. Then they looked down at a sign
which the soldiers had put at the feet of the statue. It said: "I have no
hands. Won't you please lend me yours?"

Matthew 25:40 says: "Whenever you did something for one of the least
important of these brothers of mine, you did it for me."

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Libertarius
2004-01-10 16:11:51 EST
===>Why?
Does he/she not have enough hands???

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-01-10 21:22:57 EST
Good story, but there shouldn't be a need to lend to him what is already HIS
!

"Ninure Saunders" <RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> (~) God Needs Our Hands
>
> At the end of World War II a group of soldiers offered to help the people
> of a destroyed village in any way they could. But instead of asking for
> food, money, or farm equipment, the townsmen asked for help in restoring a
> statue. For years their proudest possession had been a statue of Christ in
> their own town square. Now it lay shattered into many pieces. Could the
> soldiers help put it together again?
>
> It was a difficult task, chips and pieces lay all over the square. Finally
> the statue was repaired except for two missing parts that the soldiers
> could not find. Finished, they covered the statue with a silken parachute,
> so that it could be unveiled in a ceremony before the townspeople, even
> though it was incomplete.
>
> On the occasion the mayor of the town gave a speech and pulled the cord of
> the silken drape... It dropped from the statue, showing a Christ without
> hands.
>
> At first the townspeople were shocked. Then they looked down at a sign
> which the soldiers had put at the feet of the statue. It said: "I have no
> hands. Won't you please lend me yours?"
>
> Matthew 25:40 says: "Whenever you did something for one of the least
> important of these brothers of mine, you did it for me."
>
> Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
> http://Rainbow-Christian.tk
>
> The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
> http://Ninure-Saunders.tk
>
> My Yahoo Group
> http://Ninure.tk
>
> My Online Diary
> http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
> -
> Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
> http://www.MCCchurch.org
>
> To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Ninure Saunders
2004-01-11 11:17:25 EST
In article <1001crsc2prlsf3@corp.supernews.com>, "Glenn \(Christian
Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote:

-Good story, but there shouldn't be a need to lend to him what is already HIS

True..but it is one of the side-effecrs of free-will
-!
-
-"Ninure Saunders" <RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com> wrote in message
-news:RainbowChristiannohate-1001041003250001@h-68-164-230-144.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net...
-> (~) God Needs Our Hands
->
[...]
-> -
-> Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
-> http://www.MCCchurch.org
->
-> To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Ninure Saunders
2004-01-11 11:27:56 EST
In article <40006A97.A3941FE1@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius
<*s@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote:

-===>Why?
-Does he/she not have enough hands???

Not ehrn working wih human beings who have the ability to say
No".

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Libertarius
2004-01-11 18:56:04 EST

Ninure Saunders wrote:

> In article <40006A97.A3941FE1@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius
> <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote:
>
> -===>Why?
> -Does he/she not have enough hands???
>
> Not ehrn working wih human beings who have the ability to say
> No".

===>What happened to "omnipotence"???

Ninure Saunders
2004-01-12 09:33:27 EST
In article <4001E294.35F91601@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius

-Ninure Saunders wrote:
-
-> In article <40006A97.A3941FE1@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius
-> <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote:
->
-> -===>Why?
-> -Does he/she not have enough hands???
->
-> Not ehrn working wih human beings who have the ability to say
-> No".
-
-===>What happened to "omnipotence"???

IMO, it was voluntarily "givrn up" when God granted humans free-will/

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Libertarius
2004-01-12 14:31:42 EST

Ninure Saunders wrote:

> In article <4001E294.35F91601@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius
> <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote:
>
> -Ninure Saunders wrote:
> -
> -> In article <40006A97.A3941FE1@Nothing_But_The.Truth>, Libertarius
> -> <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote:
> ->
> -> -===>Why?
> -> -Does he/she not have enough hands???
> ->
> -> Not ehrn working wih human beings who have the ability to say
> -> No".
> -
> -===>What happened to "omnipotence"???
>
> IMO, it was voluntarily "givrn up" when God granted humans free-will/

===>CUTE!

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2004-01-13 22:48:27 EST
I just give it back to Him, with the words "My body, goods, time, is YOURS,
please put it to your use"

> [...]
> ->
> -> Matthew 25:40 says: "Whenever you did something for one of the least
> -> important of these brothers of mine, you did it for me."
> ->
> -> Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
> -> http://Rainbow-Christian.tk
> ->
> -> The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
> -> http://Ninure-Saunders.tk
> ->
> -> My Yahoo Group
> -> http://Ninure.tk
> ->
> -> My Online Diary
> -> http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
> -> -
> -> Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
> -> http://www.MCCchurch.org
> ->
> -> To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

2004-01-14 09:05:21 EST
In article <1009evvnv5avmb3@corp.supernews.com>, "Glenn \(Christian
Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote:

-I just give it back to Him, with the words "My body, goods, time, is YOURS,
-please put it to your use"

An example of how free-will works....thanks.

-
-"Ninure Saunders" <RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com> wrote in message
-news:RainbowChristiannohate-1101041030590001@h-69-3-221-150.chcgilgm.dynamic.covad.net...
-> In article <1001crsc2prlsf3@corp.supernews.com>, "Glenn \(Christian
-> Mystic\)" <christianmystic@ev1.net> wrote:
->
-> -Good story, but there shouldn't be a need to lend to him what is already
-HIS
->
-> True..but it is one of the side-effecrs of free-will
-> -!
-> -
-> -"Ninure Saunders" <RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com> wrote in message
-> -news:RainbowChristiannohate-1001041003250001@h-68-164-230-144.chcgilgm.dy
[...]