Bible Discussion: Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle

Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle

IKnowHimDoYou
2004-01-06 13:37:18 EST
Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle

Long before modern men discovered the jet streams over the earth and the
hydrologic cycle God described them both:

"The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about to the north; it
whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to its
circuits." Ecc 1:6

The above was written almost 3000 years ago and is a wonderful description
of the jet streams passing over the earth. It was not until we had
satellites in space that we could actually see this movement in its
reality.

"All rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from
whence the rivers come. thither they return again." Ecc 1:7

Here God describes the hydrologic cycle long before man knew anything
about it. Not only do the rivers run into the sea carrying water but they
carry salts also. The sea has a measureable amount of salt in it and so
do the rivers. By measureing these two quantities and knowing the average
flows of the rivers we can determine how much salt is being added.
Knowing this we can back calculate from the ocean salt content and
determine how long this has been going on. The average age of the oceans,
starting at zero salt, give us less than 10,000 years!

Once again God's Word, the Bible, trumps "modern" science...

Thore Schmechtig
2004-01-06 13:45:27 EST
> The sea has a measureable amount of salt in it and so
> do the rivers. By measureing these two quantities and knowing the average
> flows of the rivers we can determine how much salt is being added.
> Knowing this we can back calculate from the ocean salt content and
> determine how long this has been going on. The average age of the oceans,
> starting at zero salt, give us less than 10,000 years!
> Once again God's Word, the Bible, trumps "modern" science...

Once again I-know-SHIT presents a quality Ancient Holy Lie (TM) of
creationism as "fact" to deceive the uneducated into his malevolent
cult.

How much is 12 - 9 again?

TOP TEN SIGNS YOU'RE A (CHRISTIAN) FUNDAMENTALIST

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of
gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when
someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists
say that people evolved from other life forms, but you
have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were
created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem
believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the
"atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even
flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all
the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the
elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" --
including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and
Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have
no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated
Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed,
came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little
loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth
(4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with
believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting
in their tents and guessing that Earth is a couple of
generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet
with the exception of those who share your beliefs --
though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend
Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet
consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and
physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot
rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be
all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it
comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be
evidence that prayer works. And you think that the
remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and
agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church
history - but still call yourself a Christian.

Elmer Bataitis
2004-01-06 14:24:52 EST
IKnowNothingDoYou wrote:

> Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle
> Long before modern men discovered the jet streams over the earth and the
> hydrologic cycle God described them both:

> "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about to the north; it
> whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to its
> circuits." Ecc 1:6

And this describes what again??? And who did the describing????

> The above was written almost 3000 years ago and is a wonderful description
> of the jet streams passing over the earth.

Errr, no it isn't. It describes wind. Plain old wind. If it had said
that at high altitudes, very strong winds are found, conventionally (for
aviation forecasts) with speeds of 80 knots (40 m/s) or more, but most
often with speeds in the range 120 to 160 knots (60-80 m/s), and in
extreme cases, over 200 knots (100 m/s). And that these very strong
winds are found in relatively narrow horizontal, and even narrower
vertical space, you might have had something.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/booty.weather/metinfo/uppair.htm

> It was not until we had
> satellites in space that we could actually see this movement in its
> reality.

No. Jetstreams were discovered in 1932 and named in 1947, long before satellites.

> "All rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from
> whence the rivers come. thither they return again." Ecc 1:7

> Here God describes the hydrologic cycle long before man knew anything
> about it.

Bwahahaha! Just more evidence that reading is fundamental for all but fundamentalists.

ECC1:1 " The words of the Preacher, the son of David, king in Jerusalem."

So many errors, so little time for correction.

Elmer Bataitis “Hot dog! Smooch city here I come!”
Planetech Services -Hobbes
585-442-2884
"...proudly wearing and displaying, as a badge of honor, the
straight jacket of conventional thought."

Oz
2004-01-06 16:08:04 EST
another dopey post

Michael
2004-01-06 18:03:32 EST
In article <IKnowHim-0601041037180001@pm6-26.kalama.com>,
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IKnowHimDoYou) wrote:

> Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle
>
> Long before modern men discovered the jet streams over the earth and the
> hydrologic cycle God described them both:
>
> "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about to the north; it
> whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to its
> circuits." Ecc 1:6
>
> The above was written almost 3000 years ago and is a wonderful description
> of the jet streams passing over the earth. It was not until we had
> satellites in space that we could actually see this movement in its
> reality.
>
> "All rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from
> whence the rivers come. thither they return again." Ecc 1:7
>
> Here God describes the hydrologic cycle long before man knew anything
> about it. Not only do the rivers run into the sea carrying water but they
> carry salts also. The sea has a measureable amount of salt in it and so
> do the rivers. By measureing these two quantities and knowing the average
> flows of the rivers we can determine how much salt is being added.
> Knowing this we can back calculate from the ocean salt content and
> determine how long this has been going on. The average age of the oceans,
> starting at zero salt, give us less than 10,000 years!
>
> Once again God's Word, the Bible, trumps "modern" science...

Watch the radical religious left crazies attack you personally and pretty
much avoid addressing any specific points of disagreement with any
credible evidence.

But then, what to expect, Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak
well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Elmer Bataitis
2004-01-06 18:24:27 EST
Michael wrote:
> IKnowHim@leavingsoon.com (IKnowNothingDoYou) wrote:

> > Here God describes the hydrologic cycle long before man knew anything
> > about it. Not only do the rivers run into the sea carrying water but they
> > carry salts also. The sea has a measureable amount of salt in it and so
> > do the rivers. By measureing these two quantities and knowing the average
> > flows of the rivers we can determine how much salt is being added.
> > Knowing this we can back calculate from the ocean salt content and
> > determine how long this has been going on. The average age of the oceans,
> > starting at zero salt, give us less than 10,000 years!
> > Once again God's Word, the Bible, trumps "modern" science...

Once again, the inability of education to make a dent in prideful
ignorance. In 1901 John Joly (1857-1933) calculated the rate of delivery
of salt from rivers to oceans, determining the earth's age to be 90 to
100 million years. That's not anywhere near 10,000.

> Watch the radical religious left crazies attack you personally and pretty
> much avoid addressing any specific points of disagreement with any
> credible evidence.

> But then, what to expect, Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak
> well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Pro 16:7.

Elmer Bataitis “Hot dog! Smooch city here I come!”
Planetech Services -Hobbes
585-442-2884
"...proudly wearing and displaying, as a badge of honor, the
straight jacket of conventional thought."

Oz
2004-01-06 23:22:32 EST
In article <mikeburt-0601041803200001@192.168.1.55>,
m*t@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote:

> Watch the radical religious left crazies attack you personally and pretty
> much avoid addressing any specific points of disagreement with any
> credible evidence.

Because one cannot disagree with garbage

One can only throw it out - or if it is embodied in a person KICK them out
of your Churches

Time to clean house and whip away the thieves charlatans and fascists
hiding behind "Creationism" and "Fundamentalism"

You don't argue with fascists - you expel them and remind them of what
happened at Nuremberg!

And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to
cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables
of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be
called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of
thieves.
And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might
destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at
his doctrine.

(Mark)

++++++++++++++++++

Tim Coddington
2004-01-07 03:24:18 EST
Not certain your Ecc 1:6 helps you much, but I did enjoy Ecc 1:7.

So. It appears you have access to salt quantities being added to the ocean.
Would you be so kind as to elaborate?
Thanks.

"IKnowHimDoYou" <IKnowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle
>
> Long before modern men discovered the jet streams over the earth and the
> hydrologic cycle God described them both:
>
> "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about to the north; it
> whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to its
> circuits." Ecc 1:6
>
> The above was written almost 3000 years ago and is a wonderful description
> of the jet streams passing over the earth. It was not until we had
> satellites in space that we could actually see this movement in its
> reality.
>
> "All rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from
> whence the rivers come. thither they return again." Ecc 1:7
>
> Here God describes the hydrologic cycle long before man knew anything
> about it. Not only do the rivers run into the sea carrying water but they
> carry salts also. The sea has a measureable amount of salt in it and so
> do the rivers. By measureing these two quantities and knowing the average
> flows of the rivers we can determine how much salt is being added.
> Knowing this we can back calculate from the ocean salt content and
> determine how long this has been going on. The average age of the oceans,
> starting at zero salt, give us less than 10,000 years!
>
> Once again God's Word, the Bible, trumps "modern" science...

Thore Schmechtig
2004-01-07 04:29:16 EST
Hey,

> So. It appears you have access to salt quantities being added to the ocean.
> Would you be so kind as to elaborate?

There's no need to elaborate as I-know-SHIT conveniently ignores that
salt also is removed from the oceans by several means. The whole claim
in fact is an AHL (Ancient Holy Lie (TM) of creationism).
For more information on TRUTH see www.talkorigins.org

--
"From the fury of the Northmen, o Lord, deliver us!"
(Desperate prayer of Irish monks when the Viking dragon ships were sighted. Obviously the Lord had more important things to do than to help his faithful...)

Greetings from Thore "Tocis" Schmechtig
Emails to commoner AT carcosa DOT de will need a "HI-AK 523" in the subject or go down the drain!

IKnowHimDoYou
2004-01-07 13:23:49 EST
In article <mikeburt-0601041803200001@192.168.1.55>,
m*t@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote:

> In article <IKnowHim-0601041037180001@pm6-26.kalama.com>,
> IKnowHim@leavingsoon.com (IKnowHimDoYou) wrote:
>
> > Jet Streams & Hydrologic Cycle
> >
> > Long before modern men discovered the jet streams over the earth and the
> > hydrologic cycle God described them both:
> >
> > "The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about to the north; it
> > whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to its
> > circuits." Ecc 1:6
> >
> > The above was written almost 3000 years ago and is a wonderful description
> > of the jet streams passing over the earth. It was not until we had
> > satellites in space that we could actually see this movement in its
> > reality.
> >
> > "All rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from
> > whence the rivers come. thither they return again." Ecc 1:7
> >
> > Here God describes the hydrologic cycle long before man knew anything
> > about it. Not only do the rivers run into the sea carrying water but they
> > carry salts also. The sea has a measureable amount of salt in it and so
> > do the rivers. By measureing these two quantities and knowing the average
> > flows of the rivers we can determine how much salt is being added.
> > Knowing this we can back calculate from the ocean salt content and
> > determine how long this has been going on. The average age of the oceans,
> > starting at zero salt, give us less than 10,000 years!
> >
> > Once again God's Word, the Bible, trumps "modern" science...
>
> Watch the radical religious left crazies attack you personally and pretty
> much avoid addressing any specific points of disagreement with any
> credible evidence.
>
> But then, what to expect, Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak
> well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Yes, well, I ignore the nine or so stooges that have no ability to
actually reason let alone think. The Bible is exceedingly accurate and
has never been disproven so let them rave and rage. It probably does them
some good-keeps them from beating their wives and children perhaps...