Bible Discussion: Occupation "basic Evil" In The Continuing Conflict - Says Catholic Official

Occupation "basic Evil" In The Continuing Conflict - Says Catholic Official

Caiaphas
2003-12-26 09:29:13 EST
BBC News, Bethlehem, December 25, 2003 ...

The Occupation of Palestine by Israeli forces is the " 'basic evil' in the
continuing conflict" says Michel Sabbah, the highest-ranking Catholic official
in the Holy Land.

Thousands gathered outside the Church of the Nativity - the traditional
birthplace of Jesus.

The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, Michel Sabbah, told some 3,000 worshippers in
the Saint Catherine Basilica off Manger Square that political leaders in the
region must show greater courage "to undertake the difficult decisions for the
sake of peace".

"For three years we have been living in a war," Michel Sabbah, the
highest-ranking Catholic official in the Holy Land, said.

"Hundreds of Israelis have been among the victims and there have been thousands
of Palestinian victims."

He also said that Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories in the West
Bank and Gaza was the "basic evil" in the continuing conflict.

Cindys
2003-12-26 09:44:09 EST

"Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> BBC News, Bethlehem, December 25, 2003 ...
>
> The Occupation of Palestine by Israeli forces is the " 'basic evil' in the
> continuing conflict" says Michel Sabbah, the highest-ranking Catholic
official
> in the Holy Land.

[snip antisemitic crap]

Michel Sabbah is damned lucky the Israelis control *the Holy Land.* When the
Arabs controlled it, Christians were prohibited from entering or accessing
Christian holy sites.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Jon Wilhelm
2003-12-26 11:28:11 EST
Funny choise of words. In a previous post
it was a postal offical that was quoted as
having said the same thing.
Are you being so obvious on purpose?

"Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> BBC News, Bethlehem, December 25, 2003 ...
>
> The Occupation of Palestine by Israeli forces is the " 'basic evil' in the
> continuing conflict" says Michel Sabbah, the highest-ranking Catholic
official
> in the Holy Land.
>
> Thousands gathered outside the Church of the Nativity - the traditional
> birthplace of Jesus.
>
> The Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, Michel Sabbah, told some 3,000
worshippers in
> the Saint Catherine Basilica off Manger Square that political leaders in
the
> region must show greater courage "to undertake the difficult decisions for
the
> sake of peace".
>
> "For three years we have been living in a war," Michel Sabbah, the
> highest-ranking Catholic official in the Holy Land, said.
>
> "Hundreds of Israelis have been among the victims and there have been
thousands
> of Palestinian victims."
>

> He also said that Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories in
the West
> Bank and Gaza was the "basic evil" in the continuing conflict.
>

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3346629.stm

Caiaphas
2003-12-26 11:44:51 EST

"cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > BBC News, Bethlehem, December 25, 2003 ...
> >
> > The Occupation of Palestine by Israeli forces is the " 'basic evil' in the
> > continuing conflict" says Michel Sabbah, the highest-ranking Catholic
> official
> > in the Holy Land.
>
> [snip antisemitic crap]
>
> Michel Sabbah is damned lucky the Israelis control *the Holy Land.* When the
> Arabs controlled it, Christians were prohibited from entering or accessing
> Christian holy sites.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

yada yada yada. Yeah right. No body believes that spin story of yours.

Cindys
2003-12-26 15:33:56 EST

> "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > BBC News, Bethlehem, December 25, 2003 ...
> > >
> > > The Occupation of Palestine by Israeli forces is the " 'basic evil' in
the
> > > continuing conflict" says Michel Sabbah, the highest-ranking Catholic
> > official
> > > in the Holy Land.
> >
> > [snip antisemitic crap]
> >
> > Michel Sabbah is damned lucky the Israelis control *the Holy Land.* When
the
> > Arabs controlled it, Christians were prohibited from entering or
accessing
> > Christian holy sites.
> > Best regards,
> > ---Cindy S.
>

> yada yada yada. Yeah right. No body believes that spin story of yours.
------------
This is an easily verifiable statement of fact. And it's not exactly ancient
history either. Until 35 years ago when the Israelis liberated Jerusalem,
the Arabs denied Christians access to Christian holy sites in Israel. It's
not a secret. When you deny unequivocal historical fact, you show everyone
once again what an ignoramus you are. Maybe the American Revolution never
happened either.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Caiaphas
2003-12-26 18:36:41 EST

> "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> the
> > > official
> > >
> > > [snip antisemitic crap]
> > >
> > > Michel Sabbah is damned lucky the Israelis control *the Holy Land.* When
> the
> > > Arabs controlled it, Christians were prohibited from entering or
> accessing
> > > Christian holy sites.
> > > Best regards,
> > > ---Cindy S.
> >

> > yada yada yada. Yeah right. No body believes that spin story of yours.
> ------------
> This is an easily verifiable statement of fact. And it's not exactly ancient
> history either. Until 35 years ago when the Israelis liberated Jerusalem,
> the Arabs denied Christians access to Christian holy sites in Israel. It's
> not a secret. When you deny unequivocal historical fact, you show everyone
> once again what an ignoramus you are. Maybe the American Revolution never
> happened either.
> Best regards,
> ---Cindy S.

Many Palestinians are Christian, few are Israeli. The occupation is currently
denying Christians access to holy sites.

Kikers
2003-12-27 01:30:47 EST
Lets see, Bethlehem merchants were at my church last month selling crafts.
Why? They have no customers now.

All Christians in the Holy land are Arabs (except the Armenians). They may
deny you and I access, but their own people?

--
-A. Kiker
Spring, Texas

> "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

> > the
Catholic

When
> > the
> > accessing
> > >

> > > yada yada yada. Yeah right. No body believes that spin story of
yours.
> > ------------
> > This is an easily verifiable statement of fact. And it's not exactly
ancient
> > history either. Until 35 years ago when the Israelis liberated
Jerusalem,
> > the Arabs denied Christians access to Christian holy sites in Israel.
It's
> > not a secret. When you deny unequivocal historical fact, you show
everyone
> > once again what an ignoramus you are. Maybe the American Revolution
never
> > happened either.
> > Best regards,
> > ---Cindy S.
>
> Many Palestinians are Christian, few are Israeli. The occupation is
currently
> denying Christians access to holy sites.

Kikers
2003-12-27 01:35:55 EST

> [snip antisemitic crap]

I thought the post was pro Palestinian. Aren't they a semitic people?

A. Kiker

Caiaphas
2003-12-27 11:09:07 EST

"Kikers" <akiker@charter.net> wrote in message
> Lets see, Bethlehem merchants were at my church last month selling crafts.
> Why? They have no customers now.
>
> All Christians in the Holy land are Arabs (except the Armenians). They may
> deny you and I access, but their own people?

I think that most of the Christians in the Holy Land are Palestinians.
Do you know how many Christians are Israeli?

> --
> -A. Kiker
> Spring, Texas
>
> "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> evil' in
> > > the
> Catholic

> When
> > > the
> > > accessing

> yours.
> > > ------------
> > > This is an easily verifiable statement of fact. And it's not exactly
> ancient
> > > history either. Until 35 years ago when the Israelis liberated
> Jerusalem,
> > > the Arabs denied Christians access to Christian holy sites in Israel.
> It's
> > > not a secret. When you deny unequivocal historical fact, you show
> everyone
> > > once again what an ignoramus you are. Maybe the American Revolution
> never
> > > happened either.
> > > Best regards,
> > > ---Cindy S.
> >
> > Many Palestinians are Christian, few are Israeli. The occupation is
> currently
> > denying Christians access to holy sites.

Cindys
2003-12-27 19:51:15 EST