Bible Discussion: Jesus Was Jewish!

Jesus Was Jewish!

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah
2003-12-22 10:41:17 EST
Christians sometimes seem to forget that JESUS WAS JEWISH. Not only was he a
Jew but he was a very good and concerned Jew who wished to reform the
hypocrites that were dominating Jewish life in his day.

Jesus worked extra hard at attempting to bring his people back to the
ethical traditions that were the foundations of the Jewish faith. The men in
power were not happy with his reform efforts, which threatened their power
and thus were largely responsible for the Crucifixion.

While Jesus was living, his followers lived by his example and thus might be
called reformed Jews, who after his death became the first Christians. Many
of these early Christians were dedicated to following the example of Jesus
but over time they too fell into actions and activities that Jesus would not
have approved of.

By the seventh century after Jesus' birth, Muhammad was, like Jesus had
been, quite disgusted with Jewish hypocrisy and in addition, Christian
hypocrisy, and began a new reform movement that resulted in the rise of
Islam.

Today, some Muslims, in defiance of the peaceful teachings of Muhammad, have
become hypocrites who promote war and terrorism, just as hypocritical
Christians promote war and terrorism, and just as hypocritical Jews promote
war and terrorism.

Yes, JESUS WAS JEWISH, who wished to bring his faith back to its moral,
ethical and fundamental roots and it seems that history would confirm that
Muhammad was a product of both Jewish and Christian spiritual traditions who
wished only to bring those faiths back to their moral, and ethical roots.

http://www.jesuswasjewish.org/

--
Pro-War religious fanatics in government:
Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Lieberman, Ridge, Cheney and

Mark Fox
2003-12-23 00:36:14 EST
"Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah" <ahn-fyuh-wi-dizayah@thegreatslashtubitch.org> wrote in message news:<xgEFb.76820$HH.45201@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> Christians sometimes seem to forget that JESUS WAS JEWISH. Not only was he a
> Jew but he was a very good and concerned Jew who wished to reform the
> hypocrites that were dominating Jewish life in his day.
>
> Jesus worked extra hard at attempting to bring his people back to the
> ethical traditions that were the foundations of the Jewish faith. The men in
> power were not happy with his reform efforts, which threatened their power
> and thus were largely responsible for the Crucifixion.
>
> While Jesus was living, his followers lived by his example and thus might be
> called reformed Jews, who after his death became the first Christians. Many
> of these early Christians were dedicated to following the example of Jesus
> but over time they too fell into actions and activities that Jesus would not
> have approved of.
>
> By the seventh century after Jesus' birth, Muhammad was, like Jesus had
> been, quite disgusted with Jewish hypocrisy and in addition, Christian
> hypocrisy, and began a new reform movement that resulted in the rise of
> Islam.
>
> Today, some Muslims, in defiance of the peaceful teachings of Muhammad, have
> become hypocrites who promote war and terrorism, just as hypocritical
> Christians promote war and terrorism, and just as hypocritical Jews promote
> war and terrorism.
>
> Yes, JESUS WAS JEWISH, who wished to bring his faith back to its moral,
> ethical and fundamental roots and it seems that history would confirm that
> Muhammad was a product of both Jewish and Christian spiritual traditions who
> wished only to bring those faiths back to their moral, and ethical roots.

Yes, and I agree with George Bush. Muslims, Jews and Christians all
worship the same God. I believe the first step in honoring Muhammad,
Jesus and Moses is to root out the hypocritical leaders of today who
try to claim otherwise.

Mark Fox
2003-12-23 00:36:18 EST
"Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah" <ahn-fyuh-wi-dizayah@thegreatslashtubitch.org> wrote in message news:<xgEFb.76820$HH.45201@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> Christians sometimes seem to forget that JESUS WAS JEWISH. Not only was he a
> Jew but he was a very good and concerned Jew who wished to reform the
> hypocrites that were dominating Jewish life in his day.
>
> Jesus worked extra hard at attempting to bring his people back to the
> ethical traditions that were the foundations of the Jewish faith. The men in
> power were not happy with his reform efforts, which threatened their power
> and thus were largely responsible for the Crucifixion.
>
> While Jesus was living, his followers lived by his example and thus might be
> called reformed Jews, who after his death became the first Christians. Many
> of these early Christians were dedicated to following the example of Jesus
> but over time they too fell into actions and activities that Jesus would not
> have approved of.
>
> By the seventh century after Jesus' birth, Muhammad was, like Jesus had
> been, quite disgusted with Jewish hypocrisy and in addition, Christian
> hypocrisy, and began a new reform movement that resulted in the rise of
> Islam.
>
> Today, some Muslims, in defiance of the peaceful teachings of Muhammad, have
> become hypocrites who promote war and terrorism, just as hypocritical
> Christians promote war and terrorism, and just as hypocritical Jews promote
> war and terrorism.
>
> Yes, JESUS WAS JEWISH, who wished to bring his faith back to its moral,
> ethical and fundamental roots and it seems that history would confirm that
> Muhammad was a product of both Jewish and Christian spiritual traditions who
> wished only to bring those faiths back to their moral, and ethical roots.

Yes, and I agree with George Bush. Muslims, Jews and Christians all
worship the same God. I believe the first step in honoring Muhammad,
Jesus and Moses is to root out the hypocritical leaders of today who
try to claim otherwise.

Caiaphas
2003-12-23 08:50:29 EST

"Mark Fox" <mark_fox_@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah" <ahn-fyuh-wi-dizayah@thegreatslashtubitch.org> wrote in
message news:<xgEFb.76820$HH.45201@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> > Christians sometimes seem to forget that JESUS WAS JEWISH. Not only was he a
> > Jew but he was a very good and concerned Jew who wished to reform the
> > hypocrites that were dominating Jewish life in his day.
> >
> > Jesus worked extra hard at attempting to bring his people back to the
> > ethical traditions that were the foundations of the Jewish faith. The men in
> > power were not happy with his reform efforts, which threatened their power
> > and thus were largely responsible for the Crucifixion.
> >
> > While Jesus was living, his followers lived by his example and thus might be
> > called reformed Jews, who after his death became the first Christians. Many
> > of these early Christians were dedicated to following the example of Jesus
> > but over time they too fell into actions and activities that Jesus would not
> > have approved of.
> >
> > By the seventh century after Jesus' birth, Muhammad was, like Jesus had
> > been, quite disgusted with Jewish hypocrisy and in addition, Christian
> > hypocrisy, and began a new reform movement that resulted in the rise of
> > Islam.
> >
> > Today, some Muslims, in defiance of the peaceful teachings of Muhammad, have
> > become hypocrites who promote war and terrorism, just as hypocritical
> > Christians promote war and terrorism, and just as hypocritical Jews promote
> > war and terrorism.
> >
> > Yes, JESUS WAS JEWISH, who wished to bring his faith back to its moral,
> > ethical and fundamental roots and it seems that history would confirm that
> > Muhammad was a product of both Jewish and Christian spiritual traditions who
> > wished only to bring those faiths back to their moral, and ethical roots.
> >

> Yes, and I agree with George Bush. Muslims, Jews and Christians all
> worship the same God. I believe the first step in honoring Muhammad,
> Jesus and Moses is to root out the hypocritical leaders of today who
> try to claim otherwise.

Yes, I too believe that Muslims, Christians,and Jews worship the same God. God
is revealed in each religion the same way as an advocate of peace and brotherly
love. But, man hijaacks religion to build earthly kingdoms and in the act of
building earthly kingdoms go against Gods Will and commit evil. This is quite
evident in the quest for modern-day Israel by both Jews, Zionists, and
Fundamentalist Christians, the Islamic reaction to this buildout of Israel,
Christian inquistions of the past, and oppression of other faiths by all of
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I think all these religious wars and violence
are results of mans attempts to build man-made kingdoms.

Polybius
2003-12-23 17:35:23 EST
Caiaphas wrote: I think all these religious wars and violence
> are results of mans attempts to build man-made kingdoms.

The jews killed Christ, for among other reasons, he wasn't the earthly
messiah they wanted. As far as Christ being a jew, the jews sure didn't
consider him the jew messiah, then or now...otherwise they would not
have had Christ killed, or killed Christ which ever you prefer...

As far as the moslems go, they do share some orthodox Christian beliefs,
like the Virgin birth, and the idea of Christ's return before the end of
time, but, to them Christ still is a lesser prophet than Mohammed and
not their god either.

So Christ was not a jew, and not a moslem, and, both jews and moslems
worship false gods of their own creation.

Robert B. Winn
2003-12-23 19:46:19 EST
"Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<2LXFb.368$kg.14258@eagle.america.net>...
> "Mark Fox" <mark_fox_@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah" <ahn-fyuh-wi-dizayah@thegreatslashtubitch.org> wrote in
> message news:<xgEFb.76820$HH.45201@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> > > Christians sometimes seem to forget that JESUS WAS JEWISH. Not only was he a
> > > Jew but he was a very good and concerned Jew who wished to reform the
> > > hypocrites that were dominating Jewish life in his day.
> > >
> > > Jesus worked extra hard at attempting to bring his people back to the
> > > ethical traditions that were the foundations of the Jewish faith. The men in
> > > power were not happy with his reform efforts, which threatened their power
> > > and thus were largely responsible for the Crucifixion.
> > >
> > > While Jesus was living, his followers lived by his example and thus might be
> > > called reformed Jews, who after his death became the first Christians. Many
> > > of these early Christians were dedicated to following the example of Jesus
> > > but over time they too fell into actions and activities that Jesus would not
> > > have approved of.
> > >
> > > By the seventh century after Jesus' birth, Muhammad was, like Jesus had
> > > been, quite disgusted with Jewish hypocrisy and in addition, Christian
> > > hypocrisy, and began a new reform movement that resulted in the rise of
> > > Islam.
> > >
> > > Today, some Muslims, in defiance of the peaceful teachings of Muhammad, have
> > > become hypocrites who promote war and terrorism, just as hypocritical
> > > Christians promote war and terrorism, and just as hypocritical Jews promote
> > > war and terrorism.
> > >
> > > Yes, JESUS WAS JEWISH, who wished to bring his faith back to its moral,
> > > ethical and fundamental roots and it seems that history would confirm that
> > > Muhammad was a product of both Jewish and Christian spiritual traditions who
> > > wished only to bring those faiths back to their moral, and ethical roots.
> > >

> > Yes, and I agree with George Bush. Muslims, Jews and Christians all
> > worship the same God. I believe the first step in honoring Muhammad,
> > Jesus and Moses is to root out the hypocritical leaders of today who
> > try to claim otherwise.
>
> Yes, I too believe that Muslims, Christians,and Jews worship the same God. God
> is revealed in each religion the same way as an advocate of peace and brotherly
> love. But, man hijaacks religion to build earthly kingdoms and in the act of
> building earthly kingdoms go against Gods Will and commit evil. This is quite
> evident in the quest for modern-day Israel by both Jews, Zionists, and
> Fundamentalist Christians, the Islamic reaction to this buildout of Israel,
> Christian inquistions of the past, and oppression of other faiths by all of
> Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. I think all these religious wars and violence
> are results of mans attempts to build man-made kingdoms.

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto
me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the
fat of fed beases, and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of
lambs, or of he goats.
Robert B. Winn

HP Opus
2003-12-23 20:39:14 EST
mark_fox_@yahoo.com (Mark Fox) wrote in message news:<a258afb5.0312222136.583842b6@posting.google.com>...
> I agree with George Bush. Muslims, Jews and Christians all worship the
> same God.

MARK FOX: Don't you find it a little petty and shallow to announce
that Jesus is the only way to salvation? (1)

MARK FOX: the God you describe is not worth worshiping. (2)

MARK FOX: I agree with George Bush. Muslims, Jews and Christians all
worship the same God. (3)

S O U R C E

(1) Mark Fox (mark_fox_@yahoo.com). Subject: Re: Jesus broke down the
walls of hatred between Jew and Samartian -- would He try to break
down the wall of hatred we have for Arabs and Arab Culture?
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.methodist, alt.bible,
soc.culture.palestine. Date: 2003-12-03. Message-ID:
<*c@posting.google.com>.

(2) Mark Fox (mark_fox_@yahoo.com). Subject: Re: Jesus broke down the
walls of hatred between Jew and Samartian -- would He try to break
down the wall of hatred we have for Arabs and Arab Culture?
Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.methodist, alt.bible,
soc.culture.palestine. Date: 2003-12-07. Message-ID:
<*e@posting.google.com>.

(3) Mark Fox (mark_fox_@yahoo.com). Subject: Re: Jesus Was Jewish!
Newsgroups: alt.bible, alt.politics.immigration, alt.abortion. Date:
2003-12-22. Message-ID:
<*6@posting.google.com>

One with you (if) in Christ,

HP Opus
http://fellow-servants-of-christ.0catch.com

Robert B. Winn
2003-12-23 22:19:43 EST
Polybius <Polybius@Mail2World.com> wrote in message news:<Kq3Gb.27589$By5.21728@news.randori.com>...
> Caiaphas wrote: I think all these religious wars and violence
> > are results of mans attempts to build man-made kingdoms.
> >

> The jews killed Christ, for among other reasons, he wasn't the earthly
> messiah they wanted. As far as Christ being a jew, the jews sure didn't
> consider him the jew messiah, then or now...otherwise they would not
> have had Christ killed, or killed Christ which ever you prefer...
>
> As far as the moslems go, they do share some orthodox Christian beliefs,
> like the Virgin birth, and the idea of Christ's return before the end of
> time, but, to them Christ still is a lesser prophet than Mohammed and
> not their god either.
>
> So Christ was not a jew, and not a moslem, and, both jews and moslems
> worship false gods of their own creation.

The Jews worship Jehovah, and Jesus Christ said he was Jehovah, so
they crucified the God they worship. The Moslems are descendants of
Ishmael, the oldest son of Abraham and worship Allah, who they say is
the God of Abraham. Since they worship the God of Abraham, they
worship the correct God, but they have some strange ways of doing it,
such as crashing airplanes into tall buildings. The God of Abraham
never told anyone to crash an airplane into a tall building.
Robert B. Winn

Polybius
2003-12-23 22:46:01 EST
Robert B. Winn wrote:
> Polybius <Polybius@Mail2World.com> wrote in message news:<Kq3Gb.27589$By5.21728@news.randori.com>...
>
>>Caiaphas wrote: I think all these religious wars and violence
>>
>>>are results of mans attempts to build man-made kingdoms.
>>>

>>The jews killed Christ, for among other reasons, he wasn't the earthly
>>messiah they wanted. As far as Christ being a jew, the jews sure didn't
>>consider him the jew messiah, then or now...otherwise they would not
>>have had Christ killed, or killed Christ which ever you prefer...
>>
>>As far as the moslems go, they do share some orthodox Christian beliefs,
>>like the Virgin birth, and the idea of Christ's return before the end of
>>time, but, to them Christ still is a lesser prophet than Mohammed and
>>not their god either.
>>
>>So Christ was not a jew, and not a moslem, and, both jews and moslems
>>worship false gods of their own creation.
>

> The Jews worship Jehovah, and Jesus Christ said he was Jehovah, so
> they crucified the God they worship.

That's another way to look at it...
The Moslems are descendants of
> Ishmael, the oldest son of Abraham and worship Allah, who they say is
> the God of Abraham. Since they worship the God of Abraham, they
> worship the correct God, but they have some strange ways of doing it,
> such as crashing airplanes into tall buildings. The God of Abraham
> never told anyone to crash an airplane into a tall building.

The jews and the moslems both claim Abraham...and we are in the middle
of their holy war...it's not our nightmare...it is their nightmare...

Zbihniew
2003-12-24 05:27:24 EST
> By the seventh century after Jesus' birth, Muhammad was, like Jesus had
> been, quite disgusted with Jewish hypocrisy and in addition, Christian
> hypocrisy, and began a new reform movement that resulted in the rise of
> Islam.

Muhammad was disgusted not with Christianity nor with Judaism but with
contemporary beliefs of Arabs who, though believed to be descendants of
Ismael, praised hundreds of gods. He created (or was revelated with) a
religion containing elements of J. and C. which he respected. In fact he
got out of getting on well with them because they didn't want to accept
him as a prophet.

> Today, some Muslims, in defiance of the peaceful teachings of Muhammad, have
> become hypocrites who promote war and terrorism, just as hypocritical
> Christians promote war and terrorism, and just as hypocritical Jews promote
> war and terrorism.

Teachings of Muhammad not in the least are as peaceful as one could
imagine not having read the Quran. It is a hard religion suitable for
hard desert people. It does not ban war or revenge. What is more,
Muhammad himself led some wars in Arabia.

--
zbihniew

ICQ# 340170009
email: zbihniew[at]op[dot]pl

"There is a goal, but no way; what we call a way is hesitation."
(Franz Kafka)

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)