Bible Discussion: Was Jesus A Leftist?

Was Jesus A Leftist?

Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah
2003-12-21 12:04:35 EST
"The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological
leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong
enough to rebel against the most basic values of society. Generally
speaking, the goals of today's leftists are NOT in conflict with the
accepted morality. On the contrary, the left takes an accepted moral
principle, adopts it as its own, and then accuses mainstream society of
violating that principle."
- Ted Kaczynski: The Unabomber's Manifesto
--
Pro-War religious fanatics in government:
Wolfowitz, Perle, Feith, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Lieberman, Ridge, Cheney and

Robert B. Winn
2003-12-21 20:01:38 EST
"Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah" <ahn-fyuh-wi-dizayah@thegreatslashtubitch.org> wrote in message news:<DokFb.244400$do1.66740@twister.austin.rr.com>...
> "The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological
> leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong
> enough to rebel against the most basic values of society. Generally
> speaking, the goals of today's leftists are NOT in conflict with the
> accepted morality. On the contrary, the left takes an accepted moral
> principle, adopts it as its own, and then accuses mainstream society of
> violating that principle."
> - Ted Kaczynski: The Unabomber's Manifesto

Jesus was neither a leftist nor a rightist. He did what needed to be
done and was not a member of any political sect of his time.
Robert B. Winn

Ninure Saunders
2003-12-22 09:20:57 EST

-
-Jesus was neither a leftist nor a rightist. He did what needed to be
-done and was not a member of any political sect of his time.
-Robert B. Winn

And yet there is very little in His teachings/commands that is compatable
with Conservatism (USA style at least). In and would be branded by them
as a "leftist" were He to appear preaching the same message as He did
before.

Yes the TRUTH is, that when it comes to what Jesus is recorded in the
Gospels as teaching/saying/commanding. American Comservatives either
pretend that Jesus did not mean what He clearly said, ignore what He
commands, or pretend that it He didn't say it at all.

Jesus said:

Matthew 19: 21 Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell
what you have, and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven;
and come, follow me."

John 14: 15 If you love me, keep my commandments.

Jesus said sell all:

Luke 14:33 In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything
he has cannot be my disciple. (NIV)

Luke 14:33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all
that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. (KJV)

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet
lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the
poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. 23 And
when he heard this, he was very sorrowful: for he was very rich. 24 And
when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, he said, How hardly shall they
that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! 25 For it is easier for a
camel to go through a needle's eye, than for a rich man to enter into the
kingdom of God. (KJV)

Luke 18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one
thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will
havetreasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." When he heard this, he
became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. 24 Jesus looked
at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of
God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a
needle
than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." 26 Those who heard
this asked, "Who then can be saved?" (NIV)

Jesus told people NOT to be gathering material riches:

Matthew:6 19 "Don't lay up treasures for yourselves on the earth, where
moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal;20 but
lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust
consume, and where thieves don't break through and steal;21 for where your
treasure is, your heart will be there also.

Matthew 19:23-24 "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto
you, That a rich
man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. And again I say
untoyou, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than
for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Jesus said to feed the hungry, and take care of all those in need, and to
do good to everyone, including "evil people":

Matt. 5:38 \ufffdYou have heard that it was said, \ufffdEye for eye, and tooth
for tooth.\ufffd 39 But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone
strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40 And if
someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as
well. 41 If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.
42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who
wants to borrow from you.

Matt. 5:43 \ufffdYou have heard that it was said, \ufffdLove your neighbor and
hate your enemy.\ufffd 44 But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for
those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in
heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain
on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you,
what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47
And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others?
Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly
Father is perfect.

Matthew 6: 14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father
will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father
forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 6: "Be careful that you don't do your charitable giving before
men, to be seen by them, or else you have no reward with your Father who
is in heaven...... 3 But when you do merciful deeds, don't let your left
hand know what your right hand does, 4 so that your merciful deeds may be
in secret, then your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

Luke 6:23 "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your
reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.
Luke 6:24 "But woe to you who are rich,
for you have already received your comfort.
Luke 6:25 Woe to you who are well fed now,
for you will go hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will mourn and weep.
Luke 6:26 Woe to you when all men speak well of you,
for that is how their fathers treated the false prophets.
Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to
those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who
mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the
other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your
tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what
belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have
them do to you.
Luke 6:32 "If you love those who love you, what credit is that to
you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to
those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do
that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what
credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be
repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to
them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be
great, and you will be sons of the Most High, because he is kind to the
ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.
Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn,
and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken
together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the
measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)

Luke 11:41 "But rather give alms of such things as ye have."

Luke 14:12 Then Jesus said to his host, \ufffdWhen you give a luncheon or
dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your
rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be
repaid.

Luke 14:13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled,
the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot
repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.\ufffd

Christians who constantly claim that the Bible is to be taken literally
would be more convincing if they took the words of Him whom they call
"Lord", that is Jesus literally and actually obeyed Him!!!

All the Commands of Jesus
http://www.geocities.com/ninure/alljesus.html

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Snubis
2003-12-22 13:27:19 EST
On Mon 22 Dec 2003 09:20:57a, RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com (Ninure
Saunders) wrote in
c.covad.net:

> [...]
> together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the
> measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)
>
> Luke 11:41 "But rather give alms of such things as ye have."
>
> Luke 14:12 Then Jesus said to his host, \ufffdWhen you give a luncheon or
> dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your
> rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be
> repaid.
>
> Luke 14:13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled,
> the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot
> repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.\ufffd
>

> Christians who constantly claim that the Bible is to be taken literally
> would be more convincing if they took the words of Him whom they call
> "Lord", that is Jesus literally and actually obeyed Him!!!

Where did Jesus say that the government has any business regulating any of
these things?

Robert B. Winn
2003-12-22 22:47:55 EST
Snubis <snubis@wp.pl> wrote in message news:<e0850f8e27fd8274d80b40c5c3f0a808@news.teranews.com>...
> On Mon 22 Dec 2003 09:20:57a, RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com (Ninure
> Saunders) wrote in
> c.covad.net:
>
> > In article <7943568.0312211701.74c5da25@posting.google.com>,
> > rbwinn47@mybluelight.com (Robert B. Winn) wrote:

> > Christians who constantly claim that the Bible is to be taken literally
> > would be more convincing if they took the words of Him whom they call
> > "Lord", that is Jesus literally and actually obeyed Him!!!
>
> Where did Jesus say that the government has any business regulating any of
> these things?

Matt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received
tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay
tribute?
25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus
prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the
kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or
of strangers?
26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then
are the children free.
27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea,
and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when
thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that
take, and give unto them for me and thee.
Robert B. Winn

Bluskie
2003-12-24 19:23:18 EST
"Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah" <ahn-fyuh-wi-dizayah@thegreatslashtubitch.org> wrote in message news:<DokFb.244400$do1.66740@twister.austin.rr.com>...
> "The leftist of the oversocialized type tries to get off his psychological
> leash and assert his autonomy by rebelling. But usually he is not strong
> enough to rebel against the most basic values of society. Generally
> speaking, the goals of today's leftists are NOT in conflict with the
> accepted morality. On the contrary, the left takes an accepted moral
> principle, adopts it as its own, and then accuses mainstream society of
> violating that principle."
> - Ted Kaczynski: The Unabomber's Manifesto

had kaczynski met Jesus he probably would have become one of his
disciples, the only problem is, back then letter bombs didn't exist,
so he probably would have been an arsonist instead. What has this got
to do with the left? Kaczynski was a right wing nutcase, but he was a
cast out, at his age he still couldnt tell which shoe was his right
and which his left, so spent most of his life in the backwoods trying
to figure it all out because he was embarrased by it all. I guess the
point is that he never did figure anything out, he was a Goddamn fool
with serious antisocial problems, Jesus would have been proud of him.

Pious Paul
2003-12-25 01:51:24 EST
Why Jesus is a gun toting, pro death penalty, pro life,
war loving, right wing Republican.

Just like his desciples John Ashcroft and George Bush

Praise God!

Pious

Phylter
2003-12-25 02:24:56 EST
"Pious Paul" <piousboy@unclewebster.com> astounded us with: news:bse1d9$lg8$0
@pita.alt.net:

> Why Jesus is a gun toting, pro death penalty, pro life,
> war loving, right wing Republican.
>
> Just like his desciples John Ashcroft and George Bush
>
> Praise God!
>
> Pious

You spelled Asscroft wrong.

--
Phylter
Denizen of Darkness #44 & AFJC Antipodean Attach\ufffd

Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah
2003-12-26 04:47:18 EST

> [...]
> Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn,
> and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38
> Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken
> together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the
> measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)
>
> Luke 11:41 "But rather give alms of such things as ye have."
>
> Luke 14:12 Then Jesus said to his host, \ufffdWhen you give a luncheon or
> dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your
> rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be
> repaid.
>
> Luke 14:13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled,
> the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot
> repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.\ufffd

What a fucking hippie, leftist, Red, proto-Judaic series of sentiments. I'm
glad those highly intelligent Pharisees nailed this whining patchouli case
to a big ol' cross. I wish we could do the same to his followers, secular
and religious both.

Ahn Fyuh Wi Dizayah
2003-12-26 04:48:02 EST

> [...]
> > measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV)
> >
> > Luke 11:41 "But rather give alms of such things as ye have."
> >
> > Luke 14:12 Then Jesus said to his host, \ufffdWhen you give a luncheon or
> > dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your
> > rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be
> > repaid.
> >
> > Luke 14:13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled,
> > the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot
> > repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.\ufffd
> >

> > Christians who constantly claim that the Bible is to be taken literally
> > would be more convincing if they took the words of Him whom they call
> > "Lord", that is Jesus literally and actually obeyed Him!!!
>
> Where did Jesus say that the government has any business regulating any of

Interestingly, when he talked about how everyone was equal.