Bible Discussion: CHRISTMAS???

CHRISTMAS???
Posts: 11

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

Pastor Dave
2003-12-21 10:24:32 EST
Hi all,

Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
celebrating it. You might find it very interesting.
Just email me, at pastordave38@yahoo.com, if you'd like
a copy of it.


--

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

http://www.trueorigin.org/abio.asp


Libertarius
2003-12-21 12:08:53 EST


Pastor Dave wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
> celebrating it.

===>Forget your "chapter".
Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
Solstice? -- L.


David Jensen
2003-12-21 12:53:42 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, Pastor Dave <nospam-draymond@minister.com>
wrote in <1oebuv00a02qf359k5vjr5ufcgv5rf6vh0@4ax.com>:
>Hi all,
>
>Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
>it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
>charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
>copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
>its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
>celebrating it. You might find it very interesting.
>Just email me, at pastordave38@yahoo.com, if you'd like
>a copy of it.

Based on the other ignorant claims you make, why should we waste time
looking at your stories about Christmas?

Snubis
2003-12-22 10:10:37 EST
On Sun 21 Dec 2003 12:08:53p, Libertarius
<*s@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
news:3FE5D3A5.11A8FCD3@Nothing_But_The.Truth:

> Pastor Dave wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
>> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
>> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
>> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
>> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
>> celebrating it.
>
> Forget your "chapter".
> Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
> Solstice?

Why would anyone care about celebrating Winter Solstice?

Pastor Dave
2003-12-22 11:01:04 EST
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:10:37 GMT, Snubis <snubis@wp.pl>
spake thusly:

>On Sun 21 Dec 2003 12:08:53p, Libertarius
><Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
>news:3FE5D3A5.11A8FCD3@Nothing_But_The.Truth:
>
>> Pastor Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
>>> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
>>> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
>>> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
>>> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
>>> celebrating it.
>>
>> Forget your "chapter".
>> Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
>> Solstice?
>
>Why would anyone care about celebrating Winter Solstice?

Well, pagans would. :) But he's going to misuse a
verse from the Bible, even though I've already
explained to him that this passage is dealing with the
holy days that God ordained in the Old Testament.

"Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink,
or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of
the sabbath days:" - Colossians 2:16


--

Pastor Dave Raymond

"As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor
to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day;
thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right
before thee." - Jeremiah 17:16

http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=real_video


Libertarius
2003-12-22 13:53:06 EST


Snubis wrote:

> On Sun 21 Dec 2003 12:08:53p, Libertarius
> <Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> news:3FE5D3A5.11A8FCD3@Nothing_But_The.Truth:
>
> > Pastor Dave wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
> >> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
> >> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
> >> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
> >> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
> >> celebrating it.
> >
> > Forget your "chapter".
> > Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
> > Solstice?
>
> Why would anyone care about celebrating Winter Solstice?

===>Why not?
It is a fun way to follow a tradition of many thousands of years,
from a time when there were no electric lights, not even petroleum.
Don't you like to have fun????



Libertarius
2003-12-22 13:55:25 EST


Pastor Dave wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:10:37 GMT, Snubis <snubis@wp.pl>
> spake thusly:
>
> >On Sun 21 Dec 2003 12:08:53p, Libertarius
> ><Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> >news:3FE5D3A5.11A8FCD3@Nothing_But_The.Truth:
> >
> >> Pastor Dave wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi all,
> >>>
> >>> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
> >>> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
> >>> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
> >>> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
> >>> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
> >>> celebrating it.
> >>
> >> Forget your "chapter".
> >> Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
> >> Solstice?
> >
> >Why would anyone care about celebrating Winter Solstice?
>
> Well, pagans would. :) But he's going to misuse a
> verse from the Bible, even though I've already
> explained to him that this passage is dealing with the
> holy days that God ordained in the Old Testament.
>
> "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink,
> or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of
> the sabbath days:" - Colossians 2:16

===>Fake "pastor" Dave, you are NUTS!
Why should anyone care what that crazy man from Tarsus
wrote some 2000 years ago? -- L.


386sx
2003-12-22 15:34:29 EST
Libertarius writes:

> ===>Fake "pastor" Dave, you are NUTS! Why should anyone care what that
> crazy man from Tarsus wrote some 2000 years ago?

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the
head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. Every man
praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. But
every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth
her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven."

With an road act like that, who needs Abbot and Costello!

--
"If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you like - it
is not the Gospel you believe, but yourselves." - St. Augustine

RainLover
2003-12-22 18:13:22 EST
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:10:37 GMT, Snubis <snubis@wp.pl> wrote:

>On Sun 21 Dec 2003 12:08:53p, Libertarius
><Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
>news:3FE5D3A5.11A8FCD3@Nothing_But_The.Truth:
>
>> Pastor Dave wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
>>> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
>>> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
>>> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
>>> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
>>> celebrating it.
>>
>> Forget your "chapter".
>> Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
>> Solstice?
>
>Why would anyone care about celebrating Winter Solstice?

Because at least it happens. Why would anyone care to celebrate a
"birthday" that didn't happen when it's claimed to have happened?

Libertarius
2003-12-22 21:33:20 EST


RainLover wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:10:37 GMT, Snubis <snubis@wp.pl> wrote:
>
> >On Sun 21 Dec 2003 12:08:53p, Libertarius
> ><Libertarius@Nothing_But_The.Truth> wrote in
> >news:3FE5D3A5.11A8FCD3@Nothing_But_The.Truth:
> >
> >> Pastor Dave wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi all,
> >>>
> >>> Once again, this year, I am offering to whoever wants
> >>> it, a copy of a chapter I wrote for my book, free of
> >>> charge. It is copyrighted material, but you may have a
> >>> copy of it if you wish. It deals with Christmas and
> >>> its real origin and whether or not Christians should be
> >>> celebrating it.
> >>
> >> Forget your "chapter".
> >> Why should Christians not be free to celebrate the Winter
> >> Solstice?
> >
> >Why would anyone care about celebrating Winter Solstice?
>
> Because at least it happens. Why would anyone care to celebrate a
> "birthday" that didn't happen when it's claimed to have happened?

===>In fact most celebrants of Christmas admit they have NO IDEA
when Jesus was born. Christians simply Christianized the ancient
Solstice holiday because it was widely celebrated in the Roman
Empire. They could not stop people from continuing it, so they
dubbed it the birthday of Christ. -- L.


Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron