Bible Discussion: Knowing And Not Knowing

Knowing And Not Knowing

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-12-13 12:47:35 EST
Knowing and Not Knowing
The Word of God-
The New Birth
"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the
Spirit,
he cannot enter the kingdom of God." John 3:3,5
The Holy Spirit's revelation to the Christian

"He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I AM?

And Simon Peter answered and said,
Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him,
Blessed art thou, Simon Bar Jona:
for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,
but my Father which is in heaven." Matt 16:15-17
Comment
"kingdom of God = the Lord Jesus Christ
which is who we see in the new birth,
and whom we enter by the water of the Word
and God's Holy Spirit by His revelation.
The Word of God-
"Beloved, believe not every spirit,
but try the spirits whether they are of God;
because; many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth
Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God;

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is
come in the flesh is not of God; but this is the spirit of antichrist... "
I John 4:1-3
Comment
This is the determining test of who is and who is not of God.
The cults(JWs and others) cannot say that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh
because they are not born again, or born of the water and the Spirit and
God has not revealed this to them.

--
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas

Is it opinion? Is it fact? Is it truth?

R Brown
2003-12-13 15:05:56 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
><snip>
> Is it opinion? Is it fact? Is it truth?
Who cares?

JISTASKKIN
2003-12-13 17:55:13 EST

"R Brown" <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> ><snip>
> > Is it opinion? Is it fact? Is it truth?
> Who cares?

IHDY cares. I care. We share a common concern about you and your eternal
destiny. And , God cares much for a certain individual named R Brown. In
fact, you could say you are being constantly pursued by him. He uses
imperfect (but willing) vessels in some instances, such as in this
newsgroup. He may use a thousand other ways in his pursuit of you in the
course of your life here on earth. He is constantly trying to save that
which was lost. He pursued R Brown unto death.
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Lots of fun stuff going on this time of year. Just set up the best dang
train track you will ever see under our tree. During your festive activates,
if you look over your shoulder R Brown, and if all the glitter does not
blind you, you may catch a glimpse of your pursuer. He is trying to save
you. Let him. He promises.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou
shalt be saved.
Make this Christmas one we can talk about in eternity.

In sincerest Christian love,
jist

JISTASKKIN
2003-12-14 00:25:23 EST

> "JISTASKKIN" <try_not@here.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "R Brown" <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > Who cares?
> >
> > IHDY cares. I care. We share a common concern about you and your
eternal
> > destiny. And , God cares much for a certain individual named R Brown.
> In
> > fact, you could say you are being constantly pursued by him. He uses
> > imperfect (but willing) vessels in some instances, such as in this
> > newsgroup. He may use a thousand other ways in his pursuit of you in
the
> > course of your life here on earth. He is constantly trying to save that
> > which was lost. He pursued R Brown unto death.
> > Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
were
> > yet sinners, Christ died for us.
> > Lots of fun stuff going on this time of year. Just set up the best dang
> > train track you will ever see under our tree. During your festive
> activates,
> > if you look over your shoulder R Brown, and if all the glitter does not
> > blind you, you may catch a glimpse of your pursuer. He is trying to
save
> > you. Let him. He promises.
> > Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and
> > shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead,
thou
> > shalt be saved.
> > Make this Christmas one we can talk about in eternity.
> >
> > In sincerest Christian love,
> > jist
> >
> If I've ever seen anything which is a greater turn-off to developing any
> interest whatsoever in your religion it is the postings of the
creationists
> in this N.G.

I know, any excuse will do to avoid dealing with your sinful condition befor
e God.

> You guys are so paradoxical in your intentions and you can't even see it.

Denial is part of the process before coming to the Lord.
Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways
my ways, saith the LORD.

> You have exactly a 180 degree effect to what you seek. If you could only
> show some degree of rationality that actually relates to reality (eg:
> evolution) I might find a common thread of human experience.

The old put if off until such and such routine...old hat. Listen to your
God now.
2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and
in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted
time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

> I know, I know.... you're just the messanger, right? I feel so sorry at
your
> lost spirituality. What a waste.

It's your soul that I feel sorry for. If you refuse to listen to what God is
pleading, your soul will be wasted and end up in a place it was never
supposed to go to.
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life
was cast into the lake of fire.

Reconsider before it's too late.

R Brown
2003-12-14 02:10:16 EST

> [...]
> > evolution) I might find a common thread of human experience.
>
> The old put if off until such and such routine...old hat. Listen to your
> God now.
> 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted,
and
> in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the
accepted
> time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
>

> > I know, I know.... you're just the messanger, right? I feel so sorry at
> your
> > lost spirituality. What a waste.
>
> It's your soul that I feel sorry for. If you refuse to listen to what God
is
> pleading, your soul will be wasted and end up in a place it was never
> supposed to go to.
> Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life

You know what JIST, if you're really this zealous, why not put your faith to
some real good use? Instead of blowing hot air and preening your ego in this
N.G. why don't you take it upon yourself to go on a mission to less well-off
places on the planet?
Why all the biblical quotes? Can't you speak plainly on your own behalf?
Frankly, I think you've lost your spirituality and you won't regain it by
burying your head in scripture. You're lost and deluded. You can't even deal
with the simple evidence of science for the sake of your misguided beliefs.
What amazes me is that folks like you can still function: hold down jobs,
pay your taxes, etc. Frankly, when I see you rant like that you remind me of
the Taliban. Thankfully, we live in a democratic society that still values
reason and I doubt seriously if you guys will ever establish yourselves as
anything more than what you currently are: the lunatic fringe.
However, that being said, if the nonsense you prattle keeps you out of
mischief - then by all means continue. I shudder to think what the
alternative is.

Adam Marczyk
2003-12-14 02:40:03 EST
R Brown <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "JISTASKKIN" <try_not@here.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "R Brown" <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
>>> Who cares?
>>
>> IHDY cares. I care. We share a common concern about you and your
>> eternal destiny. And , God cares much for a certain individual named
>> R Brown.
> In
>> fact, you could say you are being constantly pursued by him. He uses
>> imperfect (but willing) vessels in some instances, such as in this
>> newsgroup. He may use a thousand other ways in his pursuit of you in
>> the course of your life here on earth. He is constantly trying to save
>> that which was lost. He pursued R Brown unto death.
>> Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we
>> were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
>> Lots of fun stuff going on this time of year. Just set up the best dang
>> train track you will ever see under our tree. During your festive
>> activates, if you look over your shoulder R Brown, and if all the
>> glitter does not blind you, you may catch a glimpse of your pursuer.
>> He is trying to save you. Let him. He promises.
>> Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
>> and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
>> dead, thou shalt be saved.
>> Make this Christmas one we can talk about in eternity.
>>
>> In sincerest Christian love,
>> jist
>>
> If I've ever seen anything which is a greater turn-off to developing any
> interest whatsoever in your religion it is the postings of the
> creationists in this N.G.

Agreed. Creationists and others seeking converts should take note: You do
not win someone over by posting hit-and-run tracts ripped off from
creationist websites; you do not win people over by insulting them, by
spewing pages of Bible quotes, or by arrogantly declaring your opinion on a
topic you know nothing about. If you intend to win anyone over, it has to
be by *reasoned* and civil debate, and it is plain to see that that is far
beyond the capability of most of the creationists on a.t.c. Their typical
modus operandi, instead, is to cut and paste from Christian websites,
ignore all the reasoned arguments in reply and instead insult the authors
of the replies, casting aspersions on their character, then disappear and
pop up in another thread and repeat the process. Such dishonest tactics
will accomplish precisely nothing, and never have - it's a pity these
people apparently love hearing themselves talk more than they care about
entering into rational discussion of the evidence.

> You guys are so paradoxical in your intentions and you can't even see it.
> You have exactly a 180 degree effect to what you seek. If you could only
> show some degree of rationality that actually relates to reality (eg:
> evolution) I might find a common thread of human experience.
> I know, I know.... you're just the messanger, right? I feel so sorry at
> your lost spirituality. What a waste.

Well said. In their rigid, doctrinaire adherence to a literal reading of a
particular collection of mythology, creationists are completely missing out
on the true grandeur and the glory of life. It's a pity they prefer
darkness to light.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Adam Marczyk
2003-12-14 02:43:39 EST
JISTASKKIN <try_not@here.com> wrote in message
> "R Brown" <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
>>> <snip>
>>> Is it opinion? Is it fact? Is it truth?
>> Who cares?
>
> IHDY cares. I care. We share a common concern about you and your
> eternal destiny. And , God cares much for a certain individual named R
> Brown. In fact, you could say you are being constantly pursued by him.
> He uses imperfect (but willing) vessels in some instances, such as in
> this newsgroup. He may use a thousand other ways in his pursuit of you
> in the course of your life here on earth. He is constantly trying to
> save that which was lost. He pursued R Brown unto death.
> Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were
> yet sinners, Christ died for us.
> Lots of fun stuff going on this time of year. Just set up the best dang
> train track you will ever see under our tree. During your festive
> activates, if you look over your shoulder R Brown, and if all the
> glitter does not blind you, you may catch a glimpse of your pursuer.
> He is trying to save you. Let him. He promises.
> Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
> and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead,
> thou shalt be saved.
> Make this Christmas one we can talk about in eternity.
>
> In sincerest Christian love,
> jist

You know, JIST, this almost sounds sincere, which only makes it all the
more strange that you immediately descend into childish insults and ad
hominem whines whenever anyone questions your facts. Here is just one
example of this uncivil behavior:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=MgUwb.23074%24oN2.14021%40edtnps84

In light of behavior like that, I find it extremely difficult to accept
your claim that you genuinely care about anyone's well-being. I believe
it's more likely that you're just trying to silence the still small voice
of your own doubts.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org
--Tombstone epitaph of | e-mail: ebonmuse!hotmail.com
two amateur astronomers, | ICQ: 8777843
quoted in Carl Sagan's _Cosmos_ | PGP Key ID: 0x5C66F737

Adam Marczyk
2003-12-14 02:50:00 EST
JISTASKKIN <try_not@here.com> wrote in message
> "R Brown" <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message

[...]

>>> In sincerest Christian love,
>>> jist
>>>
>> If I've ever seen anything which is a greater turn-off to developing any
>> interest whatsoever in your religion it is the postings of the
>> creationists in this N.G.
>
> I know, any excuse will do to avoid dealing with your sinful condition
> befor e God.

This is a perfect example of what I talked about in my other post - you
claim to be concerned about us, and then when anyone questions you in any
way, whenever anyone suggests that your tactics might be doing more harm
than good, rather than make any attempt to deal with his claims honestly or
understand where he's coming from, you immediately launch ad hominem
attacks against him and threaten him with hellfire if he won't stifle his
doubts. You are behaving exactly as R Brown lamented, in the very way that
casts both you and your faith in the poorest possible light, and you won't
even see it. What a pity that is.

"What an imbecile you are, you can't even get an insult right!....
Sheeesshsh are you stupid.
But what else should I expect from someone who thinks his best evidence of
star formation is a poster in his room. Does mommy and daddy help you
decorate?"
--JISTASKKIN in
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=MgUwb.23074%24oN2.14021%40edtnps84

How many more comments of yours like the above one do you want me to quote?
I am fully capable of continually posting them in reply to you until you
begin to see how your actions cause others to view you and the faith you
advocate.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org
--Tombstone epitaph of | e-mail: ebonmuse!hotmail.com
two amateur astronomers, | ICQ: 8777843
quoted in Carl Sagan's _Cosmos_ | PGP Key ID: 0x5C66F737

DW Suiter
2003-12-14 09:33:31 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Knowing and Not Knowing
> The Word of God-
> The New Birth
> "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again,
> he cannot see the kingdom of God.
>
> Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the
> Spirit,
> he cannot enter the kingdom of God." John 3:3,5
> The Holy Spirit's revelation to the Christian
>
> "He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I AM?
>
> And Simon Peter answered and said,
> Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
>
> And Jesus answered and said unto him,
> Blessed art thou, Simon Bar Jona:
> for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,
> but my Father which is in heaven." Matt 16:15-17
> Comment
> "kingdom of God = the Lord Jesus Christ
> which is who we see in the new birth,
> and whom we enter by the water of the Word
> and God's Holy Spirit by His revelation.

A lie of the devil. The Kingdom of God is a gift from God to all who are
able to receive.___

> The Word of God-
> "Beloved, believe not every spirit,
> but try the spirits whether they are of God;
> because; many false prophets are gone out into the world.

The Word of God is the Word that proceeds forth from the mouth of God.

> Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth
> Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God;
>
> And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is
> come in the flesh is not of God; but this is the spirit of antichrist... "
> I John 4:1-3
> Comment
> This is the determining test of who is and who is not of God.
> The cults(JWs and others) cannot say that Jesus Christ is come in the
flesh
> because they are not born again, or born of the water and the Spirit and
> God has not revealed this to them.

The Holy SPirit does not "come in the flesh" but comes into the flesh" and
is only manifest physically to the carnally minded for the dead cannot
understand matters of spirit.

DW Suiter
Son of God
> --
> Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas
>
> Is it opinion? Is it fact? Is it truth?

JISTASKKIN
2003-12-14 11:27:07 EST

> "JISTASKKIN" <try_not@here.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "R Brown" <brown@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "JISTASKKIN" <try_not@here.com> wrote in message

> > eternal
> Brown.
> > > In
> > the
> that
> > were
> dang
> > > activates,
> not
> > save
Jesus,
> > and
> > thou

> > > If I've ever seen anything which is a greater turn-off to developing
any
> > > interest whatsoever in your religion it is the postings of the
> > creationists
> > > in this N.G.
> >
> > I know, any excuse will do to avoid dealing with your sinful condition
> befor
> > e God.
> >

> > > You guys are so paradoxical in your intentions and you can't even see
> it.
> >
> > Denial is part of the process before coming to the Lord.
> > Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your
ways
> > my ways, saith the LORD.
> >
> > > You have exactly a 180 degree effect to what you seek. If you could
only
> > > show some degree of rationality that actually relates to reality (eg:
> > > evolution) I might find a common thread of human experience.
> >
> > The old put if off until such and such routine...old hat. Listen to
your
> > God now.
> > 2 Corinthians 6:2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted,
> and
> > in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the
> accepted
> > time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
> >

> > > I know, I know.... you're just the messanger, right? I feel so sorry
at
> > your
> > > lost spirituality. What a waste.
> >
> > It's your soul that I feel sorry for. If you refuse to listen to what
God
> is
> > pleading, your soul will be wasted and end up in a place it was never
> > supposed to go to.
> > Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of
life
> > was cast into the lake of fire.
> >
> > Reconsider before it's too late.
> >
> You know what JIST, if you're really this zealous, why not put your faith
> some real good use?

I think what I am doing now is real good use.

Instead of blowing hot air and preening your ego in this
> N.G. why don't you take it upon yourself to go on a mission to less
well-off
> places on the planet?

There are many who are following a call to those lands. But, I see an
immediate need right here in this ng. I don't need to go to a jungle to
find people who need the Lord.

> Why all the biblical quotes? Can't you speak plainly on your own behalf?

Not nearly as eloquently as the Bible says it.

> Frankly, I think you've lost your spirituality and you won't regain it by
> burying your head in scripture.

Well. no. The Bible teaches to do just that.

You're lost and deluded. You can't even deal
> with the simple evidence of science for the sake of your misguided
beliefs.

No, it's evolutionary science that I reject. I work with real science every
single day.

> What amazes me is that folks like you can still function: hold down jobs,
> pay your taxes, etc.

Interesting stats on that issue. Christian home schooled students are far
less likely to end up with a criminal record than secular students. There's
more, Christian home schooled students are far more likely to be in good
paying jobs than secular students.

Frankly, when I see you rant like that you remind me of
> the Taliban. Thankfully, we live in a democratic society that still values
> reason and I doubt seriously if you guys will ever establish yourselves as
> anything more than what you currently are: the lunatic fringe.

Well, if you must resort to insults, use a little imagination, it's not like
no one around here has ever said anything like that before.

> However, that being said, if the nonsense you prattle keeps you out of
> mischief - then by all means continue. I shudder to think what the
> alternative is.

Very well then. Why are you going off the deep end on this? I am just
asking you consider your relationship with God. I am only asking you pay a
small amount of attention to something that has serious consequences. I am
not asking that much.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)