Bible Discussion: Jesus, Not Guns!

Jesus, Not Guns!

Anonymous Sender
2003-12-11 02:35:04 EST
America has fallen slave to violence and has gone terribly wrong. The
nation's thirst for violence and dominance has taken it down a dark road
toward destruction. Gun groups would have us think THEY have the answer
with their assorted firearms. A little love in their hearts would go a lot
further. Guns are not the answer. More love, less guns is the answer.
I'm in favor of banning weapons in hopes that the so-called "civilized"
nation may again find itself.
May Jesus grant us this!
Tom Billsey
Knoxville, TN

Jim Diver
2003-12-12 18:31:20 EST

I suggest you read Luke 22:36 and rethink your position.
He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a
bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

Jesus knew the right of self defense and supported it. The gun is
just the modern day version of the sword.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 07:35:04 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous Sender
<Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:

>America has fallen slave to violence and has gone terribly wrong. The
>nation's thirst for violence and dominance has taken it down a dark road
>toward destruction. Gun groups would have us think THEY have the answer
>with their assorted firearms. A little love in their hearts would go a lot
>further. Guns are not the answer. More love, less guns is the answer.
>I'm in favor of banning weapons in hopes that the so-called "civilized"
>nation may again find itself.
>May Jesus grant us this!
> Tom Billsey
> Knoxville, TN

Mark Fox
2003-12-12 23:00:51 EST

> Anonymous Sender wrote:
>
> >America has fallen slave to violence and has gone terribly wrong. The
> >nation's thirst for violence and dominance has taken it down a dark road
> >toward destruction. Gun groups would have us think THEY have the answer
> >with their assorted firearms. A little love in their hearts would go a lot
> >further. Guns are not the answer. More love, less guns is the answer.
> >I'm in favor of banning weapons in hopes that the so-called "civilized"
> >nation may again find itself.
> >May Jesus grant us this!
> > Tom Billsey
> > Knoxville, TN

Funny, CNN just announced that crime was down this year.

Bluskie
2003-12-14 15:06:52 EST
Jim Diver <jim_diver@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<dpjktv0qqjoh9jaq0ivspougpq7reodrkh@4ax.com>...
> I suggest you read Luke 22:36 and rethink your position.
> He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a
> bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
>
> Jesus knew the right of self defense and supported it. The gun is
> just the modern day version of the sword.
>
> >America has fallen slave to violence and has gone terribly wrong. The
> >nation's thirst for violence and dominance has taken it down a dark road
> >toward destruction. Gun groups would have us think THEY have the answer
> >with their assorted firearms. A little love in their hearts would go a lot
> >further. Guns are not the answer. More love, less guns is the answer.
> >I'm in favor of banning weapons in hopes that the so-called "civilized"
> >nation may again find itself.
> >May Jesus grant us this!

I think we need more guns not less, in fact jesus approves of more
guns, that's why there are so many guns in the USA, every good
christian and muslim should learn how to use guns, everyone should
have a gun except the poor, whenever good God fearing people like
muslims and christians have guns then all is right in the world, as
long as the only use them to hunt groundhogs, gays, drug users,
theives, prostitutes, and each other, but only on holy days.

BigUn
2003-12-15 09:24:39 EST

"bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I think we need more guns not less, in fact jesus approves of more
> guns, that's why there are so many guns in the USA, every good
> christian and muslim should learn how to use guns, everyone should
> have a gun except the poor, whenever good God fearing people like
> muslims and christians have guns then all is right in the world, as
> long as the only use them to hunt groundhogs, gays, drug users,
> theives, prostitutes, and each other, but only on holy days.

Well I was agreeing with you there for a minute................<g>

Bluskie
2003-12-15 15:13:05 EST
"BigUn" <manwslohand@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<8f7a0f25ca0b30b0e249c1ea5a67e984@news.meganetnews.com>...
> "bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I think we need more guns not less, in fact jesus approves of more
> > guns, that's why there are so many guns in the USA, every good
> > christian and muslim should learn how to use guns, everyone should
> > have a gun except the poor, whenever good God fearing people like
> > muslims and christians have guns then all is right in the world, as
> > long as the only use them to hunt groundhogs, gays, drug users,
> > theives, prostitutes, and each other, but only on holy days.
>
> Well I was agreeing with you there for a minute................<g>

But would you agree if I removed the gays, drug users, theives, and
prostitutes from the list?

BigUn
2003-12-16 13:17:54 EST

> "BigUn" <manwslohand@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > "bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >

> But would you agree if I removed the gays, drug users, theives, and
> prostitutes from the list?

Actually, I was agreeing with the part that said "I think we need more guns
not less". I'll abstain from comment on the balance of your statement.

BTW, what's a "bluskie"?

Phylter
2003-12-17 05:57:22 EST
"BigUn" <manwslohand@yahoo.com> astounded us with:

> "bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "BigUn" <manwslohand@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > "bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > >

>> But would you agree if I removed the gays, drug users, theives, and
>> prostitutes from the list?
>
> Actually, I was agreeing with the part that said "I think we need more
guns
> not less". I'll abstain from comment on the balance of your statement.
>
> BTW, what's a "bluskie"?

Wild Blue Skies?

--
Phylter
Denizen of Darkness #44 & AFJC Antipodean Attach\ufffd

Bluskie
2003-12-17 12:52:31 EST
"BigUn" <manwslohand@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<c7b4862253d578057f59c7dea783dc15@news.meganetnews.com>...
> "bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > "BigUn" <manwslohand@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > "bluskie" <wildbluskies@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Actually, I was agreeing with the part that said "I think we need more guns
> not less".

Thats very christ like of you, I'm sure jesus and his followers
carried powerfull concealed weapons around with them on their travels.
Do you think if jesus was here today, would he carry an Uzi under his
robe?

>I'll abstain from comment on the balance of your statement.

are you afraid to? fear causes stupidity.

Pastor Frank
2003-12-17 17:11:31 EST
"Jim Diver" <jim_diver@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I suggest you read Luke 22:36 and rethink your position.
> He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a
> bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
> Jesus knew the right of self defense and supported it. The gun is
> just the modern day version of the sword.

I see. Is that why Jesus "defended" Himself so vigorously? I would
suggest other more appropriate Bible verses. See below
--
Pastor Frank

Mt:10:39: He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his
life for my sake shall find it.

Mt:16:25: For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will
lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mk:8:35: For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall
lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Lk:9:24: For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will
lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Lk:17:33: Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever
shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Jn:12:25: He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life
in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

---