Bible Discussion: Evolution And Immorality

Evolution And Immorality
Posts: 19

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-12-11 19:12:14 EST
Evolution and Immorality

Aldous Huxley, grandson of Thomas Huxley known as "Darwin's bulldog",
who advocated the drug culture and sexual permissiveness wrote:

"I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning; consequently
assumed it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find
satisfying reasons for this assumption... For myself as, no doubt, for
most of my contemporaies, the philosophy of meaninglessness was
essentially an instrument of liberation[he actually means licence]. The
liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a certqain
political and economic system and liberation from a certain
system[Christian influence] of morality. We objected to the morality
because it interfered with our sexual freedom; we objected to the
political and economic system because it was unjust[meqning that we could
not do as we wished without any responsiblity or consequences]."

Taken from "Ways and Means:..."Alsous Huxley, 1937, pp 312, 316

The major purpose of teaching and beliving in evolution is a denial of God
and nothing else, plain and simple. Both of the Huxley's lives were
disasters so in the end they got what they wanted...but they probably did
not like what they got.

--
Recte Faciendo Neminem Timeas

Is it opinion? Is it fact? Is it truth?

Dave Oldridge
2003-12-11 20:14:08 EST
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in
news:IknowHim-1112031612140001@pm1-06.kalama.com:

> Evolution and Immorality
>
> Aldous Huxley, grandson of Thomas Huxley known as "Darwin's bulldog",
> who advocated the drug culture and sexual permissiveness wrote:
>
> "I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning; consequently
> assumed it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find
> satisfying reasons for this assumption... For myself as, no doubt,
> for most of my contemporaies, the philosophy of meaninglessness was
> essentially an instrument of liberation[he actually means licence].
> The liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a
> certqain political and economic system and liberation from a certain
> system[Christian influence] of morality. We objected to the morality
> because it interfered with our sexual freedom; we objected to the
> political and economic system because it was unjust[meqning that we
> could not do as we wished without any responsiblity or consequences]."
>
> Taken from "Ways and Means:..."Alsous Huxley, 1937, pp 312, 316
>
> The major purpose of teaching and beliving in evolution is a denial of
> God and nothing else, plain and simple. Both of the Huxley's lives
> were disasters so in the end they got what they wanted...but they
> probably did not like what they got.

Argumentum ad hominem and lies noted. Yes, teaching evolution does cause
immorality. It causes young-earth creationists to pretend that they are
actually defending Christianity by bearing false witness in God's name.
This is a VERY immoral thing to do, but you do it anyway. Apparently
finding out that Genesis is not literal history has an unbalancing effect
on certain Christians of little faith, causing them to go off the deep
end and violate many of the Master's teachings in favour of a flawed
apologetic that is rife with lies and gratuitous slanders of those
teaching science.

Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the devil
a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already disaffected
from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of Luther and Calvin.

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

The_Sage
2003-12-11 20:17:46 EST
>Reply to article by: IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou)
>Date written: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 16:12:14 -0800
>MsgID:<IknowHim-1112031612140001@pm1-06.kalama.com>

>Taken from "Ways and Means:..."Alsous Huxley, 1937, pp 312, 316

Not a spokeperson for evolution. Try another lie.

>The major purpose of teaching and beliving in evolution is a denial of God
>and nothing else, plain and simple.

Oh wow! You tried another lie already. There are lots of people who believe in
god and evolution...so how do you explain that blatent contradiction of your
bald face lies?

The Sage

=============================================================
My Home Page : http://members.cox.net/the.sage

"Little minds are interested in the extraordinary; great
minds in the commonplace"
-- Elbert Hubbard, ROYCROFT DICTIONARY AND BOOK OF EPIGRAMS
=============================================================

Michael
2003-12-11 23:08:48 EST
In article <Xns944EAF54C5A98doldridgsprintca@24.69.255.211>, Dave Oldridge
<*g@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote:

> IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in
> news:IknowHim-1112031612140001@pm1-06.kalama.com:
>
> > Evolution and Immorality
> >
> > Aldous Huxley, grandson of Thomas Huxley known as "Darwin's bulldog",
> > who advocated the drug culture and sexual permissiveness wrote:
> >
> > "I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning; consequently
> > assumed it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find
> > satisfying reasons for this assumption... For myself as, no doubt,
> > for most of my contemporaies, the philosophy of meaninglessness was
> > essentially an instrument of liberation[he actually means licence].
> > The liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a
> > certqain political and economic system and liberation from a certain
> > system[Christian influence] of morality. We objected to the morality
> > because it interfered with our sexual freedom; we objected to the
> > political and economic system because it was unjust[meqning that we
> > could not do as we wished without any responsiblity or consequences]."
> >
> > Taken from "Ways and Means:..."Alsous Huxley, 1937, pp 312, 316
> >
> > The major purpose of teaching and beliving in evolution is a denial of
> > God and nothing else, plain and simple. Both of the Huxley's lives
> > were disasters so in the end they got what they wanted...but they
> > probably did not like what they got.
>
> Argumentum ad hominem and lies noted.

You mean that you noted the argumentum ad hominem and lies before you
state them?

Yes, teaching evolution does cause
> immorality.

Wow, an admission from a fundie evolutionists.

It causes young-earth creationists to pretend that they are
> actually defending Christianity by bearing false witness in God's name.

Tee hee hee, you don't like diversity, do you?

> This is a VERY immoral thing to do, but you do it anyway.

Tee hee hee, commedy is not your strong suit.


Apparently
> finding out that Genesis is not literal history has an unbalancing effect
> on certain Christians of little faith, causing them to go off the deep
> end and violate many of the Master's teachings in favour of a flawed
> apologetic that is rife with lies and gratuitous slanders of those
> teaching science.

Apparently finding out that tomatoe plants and giraffes may not have a
common ancestor has an unbalancing effect on certain fundie religious
evolutionists of little faith, causing them to go off the deep end and
violate many of the High Priest such as Stevie Gould's teachings in
favour of a flawed
apologetic that is rife with lies and gratuitous slanders of those
teaching the religion of evolution while trying to disguise it by calling
it science.
>
> Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the devil
> a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already disaffected
> from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of Luther and Calvin.

Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of Creation has given Christ
a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already disaffected
from the pseudo scientific tyranny of the false teachings of the likes of
Gould and Darwin.

Matt Silberstein
2003-12-12 00:17:05 EST
In alt.religion.christian I read this message from
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou):

>Evolution and Immorality
>
>Aldous Huxley, grandson of Thomas Huxley known as "Darwin's bulldog",
>who advocated the drug culture and sexual permissiveness wrote:

Wow, sins of the father and all that. Do you condemn others
because their grandchild had views you don't like?

>"I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning; consequently
>assumed it had none, and was able without any difficulty to find
>satisfying reasons for this assumption... For myself as, no doubt, for
>most of my contemporaies, the philosophy of meaninglessness was
>essentially an instrument of liberation[he actually means licence]. The
>liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a certqain
>political and economic system and liberation from a certain
>system[Christian influence] of morality. We objected to the morality
>because it interfered with our sexual freedom; we objected to the
>political and economic system because it was unjust[meqning that we could
>not do as we wished without any responsiblity or consequences]."
>
>Taken from "Ways and Means:..."Alsous Huxley, 1937, pp 312, 316
>
>The major purpose of teaching and beliving in evolution is a denial of God
>and nothing else, plain and simple. Both of the Huxley's lives were
>disasters so in the end they got what they wanted...but they probably did
>not like what they got.

And what about my evangelical Christian friends who accept
evolution?



Dave Oldridge
2003-12-12 02:43:55 EST
m*t@ix.netcom.com (Michael) wrote in
news:mikeburt-1112032308480001@192.168.1.55:

> In article <Xns944EAF54C5A98doldridgsprintca@24.69.255.211>, Dave
> Oldridge <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in
>> news:IknowHim-1112031612140001@pm1-06.kalama.com:
>>
>> > Evolution and Immorality
>> >
>> > Aldous Huxley, grandson of Thomas Huxley known as "Darwin's
>> > bulldog", who advocated the drug culture and sexual permissiveness
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > "I had motives for not wanting the world to have meaning;
>> > consequently assumed it had none, and was able without any
>> > difficulty to find satisfying reasons for this assumption... For
>> > myself as, no doubt, for most of my contemporaies, the philosophy
>> > of meaninglessness was essentially an instrument of liberation[he
>> > actually means licence]. The liberation we desired was
>> > simultaneously liberation from a certqain political and economic
>> > system and liberation from a certain system[Christian influence] of
>> > morality. We objected to the morality because it interfered with
>> > our sexual freedom; we objected to the political and economic
>> > system because it was unjust[meqning that we could not do as we
>> > wished without any responsiblity or consequences]."
>> >
>> > Taken from "Ways and Means:..."Alsous Huxley, 1937, pp 312, 316
>> >
>> > The major purpose of teaching and beliving in evolution is a denial
>> > of God and nothing else, plain and simple. Both of the Huxley's
>> > lives were disasters so in the end they got what they wanted...but
>> > they probably did not like what they got.
>>
>> Argumentum ad hominem and lies noted.
>
> You mean that you noted the argumentum ad hominem and lies before you
> state them?

No, I simply noted them. YOU stated them.

>> Yes, teaching evolution does cause
>> immorality.

> Wow, an admission from a fundie evolutionists.
>
>> It causes young-earth creationists to pretend that they are
>> actually defending Christianity by bearing false witness in God's
>> name.
>
> Tee hee hee, you don't like diversity, do you?

I have no problem with diversity. But I don't like blaspheming liars who
say they belong to my religion when plainly they cannot stand it.

>> This is a VERY immoral thing to do, but you do it anyway.

> Tee hee hee, commedy is not your strong suit.

You're right. That was not a joke. Nor will it be when your demon tries
to tee hee the Lord God.

>> Apparently
>> finding out that Genesis is not literal history has an unbalancing
>> effect on certain Christians of little faith, causing them to go off
>> the deep end and violate many of the Master's teachings in favour of
>> a flawed apologetic that is rife with lies and gratuitous slanders of
>> those teaching science.
>
> Apparently finding out that tomatoe plants and giraffes may not have
> a
> common ancestor has an unbalancing effect on certain fundie religious
> evolutionists of little faith, causing them to go off the deep end
> and violate many of the High Priest such as Stevie Gould's teachings
> in favour of a flawed
> apologetic that is rife with lies and gratuitous slanders of those
> teaching the religion of evolution while trying to disguise it by
> calling it science.

Well, for what it's worth, they may not. But the evidence so far
indicates that they most likely do. Your problem is that you can't stand
truth and can't stand the idea that you have erred. You will have to
face both when you face God.

>> Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the
>> devil a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already
>> disaffected from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of
>> Luther and Calvin.

> Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of Creation has given Christ
> a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already
> disaffected from the pseudo scientific tyranny of the false teachings
> of the likes of Gould and Darwin.

Now you go ever further, claming that Christ is a party to your lies and
blasphemy. You really are a piece of work, aren't you. The devil must
be proud of what he's done with you!

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

Peter Legge
2003-12-16 19:29:29 EST

"Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote in message

> Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the devil
> a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already disaffected
> from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of Luther and Calvin.

David you really must be careful in what you say because both Luther
AND Calvin were born again believers who are now with their Saviour.
Your beliefs are VERY questionable!




David Jensen
2003-12-16 21:49:14 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, "peter legge" <peter.legge@btinternet.com>
wrote in <bro818$dqs$1@titan.btinternet.com>:
>
>"Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>> Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the devil
>> a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already disaffected
>> from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of Luther and Calvin.
>
>David you really must be careful in what you say because both Luther
>AND Calvin were born again believers who are now with their Saviour.

I can state with a great deal of assurance that Luther did not teach
'born again' in the modern sense that it is used. Both Luther and Calvin
made decisions that cost many lives, Luther, in particular, caused great
harm to happen to the peasants of Germany and the Jews and planted the
seeds of the Thirty Years' War. Calvin was equally difficult and
certain, possibly the reason they could not agree on how to offer a
united front to the Counter-Reformation, the beginning of true
reformation of Catholicism.

> Your beliefs are VERY questionable!

Do you accept Calvin's teachings of predestination?

Elmer Bataitis
2003-12-16 22:00:08 EST
peter legge wrote:
> "Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote in message

> > Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the devil
> > a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already disaffected
> > from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of Luther and Calvin.

> David you really must be careful in what you say because both Luther
> AND Calvin were born again believers who are now with their Saviour.
> Your beliefs are VERY questionable!

Speaking of questionable beliefs....

"But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not
in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ
down from above:) Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to
bring up Christ again from the dead.)" ROm 10:6-7

***************************************************************
Elmer Bataitis “Hot dog! Smooch city here I come!”
Planetech Services -Hobbes
585-442-2884
"...proudly wearing and displaying, as a badge of honor, the
straight jacket of conventional thought."
***************************************************************

Adam Marczyk
2003-12-17 00:43:40 EST
peter legge <peter.legge@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:bro818$dqs$1@titan.btinternet.com...
> "Dave Oldridge" <doldridg@leavethisoutshaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>> Yes, I'm afraind that learning the truth of evolution has given the
>> devil a powerful new tool to wreak havoc on those believers already
>> disaffected from the Church by the false teachings of the likes of
>> Luther and Calvin.
>
> David you really must be careful in what you say because both Luther
> AND Calvin were born again believers who are now with their Saviour.

I think it's neat how you can tell that. What do you have, a telescope
strong enough to see heaven or something?

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org
--Tombstone epitaph of | e-mail: ebonmuse!hotmail.com
two amateur astronomers, | ICQ: 8777843
quoted in Carl Sagan's _Cosmos_ | PGP Key ID: 0x5C66F737
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Page: 1 2   Next  (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron