Bible Discussion: (~) Is Jesus Welcome?

(~) Is Jesus Welcome?
Posts: 9

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

Ninure Saunders
2003-12-06 10:23:51 EST
(~) Is Jesus Welcome?


If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away

Funy how the faces and the hats we often wear
really are the truest mark of exactly how much we care

There's one for every day we show when there is so much to do
another for our time in church that we hope will see us through

We have one for our children, one for work and one we show our friends
no matter the ocassion, we're current with the latest trends

But Jesus keeps on knocking, hoping to gain entry to our hearts
how long will it take? What must we give up before, we do our part

A random act of kindness, a smile or a gentle word
may be the sweetest sound a lonesome soul has ever heard

But Jesus keeps on knocking and His patience never wanes
until at last we hear His plea and entry He has gained

Cast your eyes upon Him, is that a tear upon His cheek
Compassion He's reserved for us to teach us to be meek

The crystal tear, His sad expression, really says it all
and surely now the time has come when at last the earth will fall

Are you counted in the group that knows you'll go with Him today
or like so many, live with regret because you turned Him away

The choice is clearly yours to make, there is no pressure here
be careful that your actions today are not the ones that caused that tear.

GOD BLESS


Gorden K. Warner Sr.

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address

Pastor Dave
2003-12-06 10:49:00 EST
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:23:51 GMT,
R*e@hotmail.com (Ninure Saunders)
wrote:

>(~) Is Jesus Welcome?
>
>
>If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
>would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away

He probably wouldn't, since it has nothing to do with
His birthday. It's a pagan day.


John Ings
2003-12-06 10:57:08 EST
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:23:51 GMT, RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com
(Ninure Saunders) wrote:

>If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
>would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away

I would invite him in, sit him down and ask him some serious
questions. Such as:

Why do you play hide and seek with us? Proving your deity to a few in
Judea in the 1st century in such a manner as to cast your
versimilitude in doubt?

Why did you perform only the sort of miracles the false religions like
Mithraeism were claiming for their deity, then never gave us in this
century the slightest evidence of your reality?

Why did you never speak out against slavery?

Why did you ride into Jerusalem like a political revolutionary if you
weren't a revolutionary?

How can anyone pay for another's sins?

Why do you value gullible belief without evidence over suspended
judgement because of a lack of evidence?

Why must I be tormented by an eternal life I don't want?

Why have you allowed Christians to hate one another because of
differences of interpretation of the passages of a muddy,
self-contradictory book?

According to John 3:12 you said: "If I have told you earthly things,
and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly
things?" But if you did say that, why did you allow the Bible writers
to insert in their narrative untruths about earthly things? You know
there never was a Deluge don't you? Or was there a Deluge and you hid
all the evidence? Why would you do that?

Oh the questions would go on and on...

## Shall God govern by the laws of nature,
## or priests by fictitious miracles?
John Adams





Hector
2003-12-06 11:19:12 EST
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 07:57:08 -0800, John Ings <nodamned@spam.org>
wrote:

>On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:23:51 GMT, RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com
>(Ninure Saunders) wrote:
>
>>If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
>>would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away
>
>I would invite him in, sit him down and ask him some serious
>questions. Such as:
>
>Why do you play hide and seek with us? Proving your deity to a few in
>Judea in the 1st century in such a manner as to cast your
>versimilitude in doubt?
>
>Why did you perform only the sort of miracles the false religions like
>Mithraeism were claiming for their deity, then never gave us in this
>century the slightest evidence of your reality?
>
>Why did you never speak out against slavery?
>
>Why did you ride into Jerusalem like a political revolutionary if you
>weren't a revolutionary?
>
>How can anyone pay for another's sins?
>
>Why do you value gullible belief without evidence over suspended
>judgement because of a lack of evidence?
>
>Why must I be tormented by an eternal life I don't want?
>
>Why have you allowed Christians to hate one another because of
>differences of interpretation of the passages of a muddy,
>self-contradictory book?
>
>According to John 3:12 you said: "If I have told you earthly things,
>and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly
>things?" But if you did say that, why did you allow the Bible writers
>to insert in their narrative untruths about earthly things? You know
>there never was a Deluge don't you? Or was there a Deluge and you hid
>all the evidence? Why would you do that?
>
>Oh the questions would go on and on...
>
>## Shall God govern by the laws of nature,
>## or priests by fictitious miracles?
>John Adams
>
Why ask the questions if you have your answers already?

Hector

Libertarius
2003-12-06 13:05:00 EST


Ninure Saunders wrote:

> (~) Is Jesus Welcome?
>
> If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
> would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away

===>Would he be a ghost?


Libertarius
2003-12-06 13:06:50 EST


Pastor Dave wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 15:23:51 GMT,
> RainbowChristiannohate@hotmail.com (Ninure Saunders)
> wrote:
>
> >(~) Is Jesus Welcome?
> >
> >
> >If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
> >would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away
>
> He probably wouldn't, since it has nothing to do with
> His birthday. It's a pagan day.

===>So what?
Why would he be less welcome on a "pagan day"
than on some other days, if he were still alive?
Or would he come as a ghost?



John Ings
2003-12-06 13:49:16 EST
On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:19:12 -0600, Hector <Melitus@Dithyrambic.com>
wrote:

> Why ask the questions if you have your answers already?

Because if it really was Jesus, my answers would be wrong.

Of course the visitor might well have some difficulty in proving he
was Jesus...

## There is no better cure for Christianity
## than a a thorough perusal of the Bible.
Mark twain


Thomas Curmudgeon
2003-12-06 16:41:07 EST
Ninure Saunders wrote:
> (~) Is Jesus Welcome?
>
>
> If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
> would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away

It's sadly funny that the sort of person Jesus was is hated and feared
by Christians today.

If I'm wrong, then tell me about the long haired non-conformists you've
invited over for dinner lately.

Ninure Saunders
2003-12-06 19:06:44 EST
In article <u0sAb.25470$ZE1.12169@fed1read04>, Thomas Curmudgeon
<*t@spam.yum> wrote:

-Ninure Saunders wrote:
-> (~) Is Jesus Welcome?
->
->
-> If Jesus came to visit you on this Christmas day
-> would you gladly welcome Him or have to send Him away
-
-It's sadly funny that the sort of person Jesus was is hated and feared
-by Christians today.
-
-If I'm wrong, then tell me about the long haired non-conformists you've
-invited over for dinner lately.

Me?

Personally?

Oh darling, I really am a non-comvormist myself!! I am an African
American Gat Woman who marched with King, in have beem active anti-war
movements. and worked in Prison Minstry.

Just about every single one of my closest friends is a non-conformist...I
dine on a regular basis with People With AIDS, and folks who have no fixed
abode.

Wgat di YOU do?

Ninure Saunders aka Rainbow Christian
http://Rainbow-Christian.tk

The Lord is my Shepherd and He knows I'm Gay
http://Ninure-Saunders.tk

My Yahoo Group
http://Ninure.tk

My Online Diary
http://www.ninure.deardiary.net
-
Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches
http://www.MCCchurch.org

To send e-mail, remove nohate from address
Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron