Bible Discussion: Onward! Christian Soldiers

Onward! Christian Soldiers

Constance Vigilant
2003-11-30 08:33:59 EST
Sing along with me!

1.
Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.
Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
Forward into battle see His banners go!

Refrain
Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus going on before.

2.
At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
Hell's foundations quiver at the SHOUT of praise;
Brothers lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.

Refrain

3.
Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
We are not divided, all one body we,
One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.

Refrain

4.
What the saints established that I hold for true.
What the saints believ\ufffdd, that believe I too.
Long as earth endureth, men the faith will hold,
Kingdoms, nations, empires, in destruction rolled.

Refrain

5.
Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
But the church of Jesus constant will remain.
Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
W e h a v e C h r i s t 's o w n p r o m i s e,
a n d t h a t c a n n o t f a i l.

Refrain

6.
Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
Glory, laud and honor unto Christ the King,
This through countless ages men and angels sing.

Refrain

In Love,
Constance Vigilant

Bob
2003-11-30 10:34:38 EST
Constance Vigilant wrote:
> Sing along with me!
>
> 1.
> Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
> With the cross of Jesus going on before.
> Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
> Forward into battle see His banners go!
>
> Refrain
> Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
> With the cross of Jesus going on before.
>
> 2.
> At the sign of triumph Satan's host doth flee;
> On then, Christian soldiers, on to victory!
> Hell's foundations quiver at the SHOUT of praise;
> Brothers lift your voices, loud your anthems raise.
>
> Refrain
>
> 3.
> Like a mighty army moves the church of God;
> Brothers, we are treading where the saints have trod.
> We are not divided, all one body we,
> One in hope and doctrine, one in charity.
>
> Refrain
>
> 4.
> What the saints established that I hold for true.
> What the saints believ├Ęd, that believe I too.
> Long as earth endureth, men the faith will hold,
> Kingdoms, nations, empires, in destruction rolled.
>
> Refrain
>
> 5.
> Crowns and thrones may perish, kingdoms rise and wane,
> But the church of Jesus constant will remain.
> Gates of hell can never gainst that church prevail;
> W e h a v e C h r i s t 's o w n p r o m i s e,
> a n d t h a t c a n n o t f a i l.
>
> Refrain
>
> 6.
> Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
> Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.
> Glory, laud and honor unto Christ the King,
> This through countless ages men and angels sing.
>
> Refrain
>
> In Love,
> Constance Vigilant

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
cannot be my disciple." Luke, Chapter 14: 26

Dewi
2003-11-30 11:26:28 EST
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:34:38 -0700, Bob <boby23456@hotmail.com>
uttered:

>Constance Vigilant wrote:
>> Sing along with me!
>>
>> 1.
>> Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
>> With the cross of Jesus going on before.
>> Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
>> Forward into battle see His banners go!

>"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
>and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
>cannot be my disciple." Luke, Chapter 14: 26

Oh what a shame, I like that song too...

No, I still like that song.

Does that mean I can't be a disciple then Bob?

I have a fried who is not keen on that song and is currently looking
for work. Could you forward the contact details for being a disciple?
many thanks.

I'm only ask you because you seem to know about it.

--
Dewi,

(remove spin for email)

Douglas Berry
2003-11-30 20:00:40 EST
Lo, many moons past, on Sun, 30 Nov 2003 14:33:59 +0100, a stranger
called by some "Constance Vigilant" <anyoneleft@arthurandersen.com>
came forth and told this tale in alt.atheism

>Sing along with me!

March of Cambreadth

(slow march tempo)

(The lines in parenthesis are to be sung by the group)

Axes flash, broadsword swing,
(Shining armour's piercing ring)
Horses run with polished shield,
(Fight Those Bastards till They Yield)
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
(Fight to Keep this Land Your Own)
Sound the horn and call the cry,
(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

Follow orders as you're told,
(Make Their Yellow Blood Run Cold)
Fight until you die or drop,
(A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop)
Close your mind to stress and pain,
(Fight till You're No Longer Sane)
Let not one damn cur pass by,
(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

Guard your women and children well,
(Send These Bastards Back to Hell)
We'll teach them the ways of war,
(They Won't Come Here Any More)
Use your shield and use your head,
(Fight till Every One is Dead)
Raise the flag up to the sky,
(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

Dawn has broke, the time has come,
(Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum)
We'll win the war and pay the toll,
(We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul)
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
(Fight to Keep this Land Your Own)
Sound the horn and call the cry,
(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

Axes flash, broadsword swing,
(Shining armour's piercing ring)
Horses run with polished shield,
(Fight Those Bastards till They Yield)
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
(Fight to Keep this Land Your Own)
Sound the horn and call the cry,
(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

(How Many of Them Can We Make Die!)

--

Douglas Berry Do the OBVIOUS thing to send e-mail
Atheist #2147, Atheist Vet #5

Ezekiel 13:20 "Wherefore thus saith the
Lord GOD; Behold, I am against your pillows"

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2003-12-01 09:14:58 EST
The military is hiring

"Dewi" <ngs@spin.wynwilliams.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:34:38 -0700, Bob <boby23456@hotmail.com>
> uttered:
>
> >Constance Vigilant wrote:
> >> Sing along with me!
> >>
> >> 1.
> >> Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
> >> With the cross of Jesus going on before.
> >> Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
> >> Forward into battle see His banners go!
>

> >"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
> >and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
> >cannot be my disciple." Luke, Chapter 14: 26
> >

> Oh what a shame, I like that song too...
>
> No, I still like that song.
>
> Does that mean I can't be a disciple then Bob?
>
> I have a fried who is not keen on that song and is currently looking
> for work. Could you forward the contact details for being a disciple?
> many thanks.
>
> I'm only ask you because you seem to know about it.
>

> --
> Dewi,
>
> (remove spin for email)

RainLover
2003-12-01 16:25:46 EST
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:14:58 -0600, "Glenn \(Christian Mystic\)"
<*c@ev1.net> wrote:

>The military is hiring

Not only are they Hiring... they desperately wan't Christian Soldiers
for their Holy War... With John Ashcroft singing a song before a
christian group about GOD soaring in America again and General
what's-his-name?) Tommy Franks purhaps, saying that the Muslims are
worshipping a false idol, all we need is to Just admitt this is a HOLY
WAR against Muslims.

(They weren't lying... this war really ISN'T about Oil.. who knew?)

James, Seattle

>"Dewi" <ngs@spin.wynwilliams.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 08:34:38 -0700, Bob <boby23456@hotmail.com>
>> uttered:

>> >"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife,
>> >and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he
>> >cannot be my disciple." Luke, Chapter 14: 26
>> >

>> Oh what a shame, I like that song too...
>>
>> No, I still like that song.
>>
>> Does that mean I can't be a disciple then Bob?
>>
>> I have a fried who is not keen on that song and is currently looking
>> for work. Could you forward the contact details for being a disciple?
>> many thanks.
>>
>> I'm only ask you because you seem to know about it.
>>

>> --
>> Dewi,
>>
>> (remove spin for email)

Martin Thomas
2003-12-02 21:26:47 EST
A troll with the amusing name "Constance Vigilant" wrote:

In :

free.christians
alt.religion.wicca
alt.atheism
soc.men,soc.women
alt.bible
soc.singles
alt.love
alt.pagan
soc.culture.welsh

[I cut some of them]

> Sing along with me!
>
> 1.
> Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
> With the cross of Jesus going on before.
> Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
> Forward into battle see His banners go!
>
> Refrain
> Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
> With the cross of Jesus going on before.

Onward! Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
Kill your Christian brethren! Christs Okayed the law

I wish I could remember the rest of it. It was one of the juicier
songs in 'The Wobblies Song Book'. I did a web search a while ago and
found quite a few of their songs - but not that one.

> In Love,

In what? - You just posted an Xtian hymn to alt atheism. Not a very
loving act.

> Constance Vigilant

Nice name for a troll :)