Bible Discussion: What's Your IQ?

What's Your IQ?

Omphalos
2003-07-10 11:03:22 EST
A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
"What's your IQ"?

The man replied, "130".

So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
on.

The man listened intently and thought, "This is
really cool".

Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
him, "What's your IQ?"

The man responded, "100."

So the robot started talking about the football,
baseball and so on.

The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
cool".

A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"

The man replied, "70".

The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
Party up to these days?"

--
__________
==\ /================================

http://31337.pl

Chris
2003-07-10 11:40:29 EST

"Omphalos" <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote in message
> A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
> A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
> "What's your IQ"?
>
> The man replied, "130".
>
> So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
> physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
> on.
>
> The man listened intently and thought, "This is
> really cool".
>
> Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
> him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man responded, "100."
>
> So the robot started talking about the football,
> baseball and so on.
>
> The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
> cool".
>
> A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
> the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man replied, "70".
>
> The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
> Party up to these days?"

I'm on the floor! :)

> --
> __________
> ==\ /================================
> ===\ /==You know how dumb the average==
> ====\ /===guy is? Well half of everyone==
> =====\ /======is even dumber than that=====
> ======\/====================================
>
> http://31337.pl

Server 13
2003-07-10 12:23:03 EST
Omphalos wrote:
> A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
> A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
> "What's your IQ"?
>
> The man replied, "130".
>
> So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
> physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
> on.
>
> The man listened intently and thought, "This is
> really cool".
>
> Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
> him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man responded, "100."
>
> So the robot started talking about the football,
> baseball and so on.
>
> The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
> cool".
>
> A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
> the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man replied, "70".
>
> The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
> Party up to these days?"

Finally, a fourth guy walked in, drawled "Beer", and the robot - you guessed it- asked his IQ.

The man just drooled a little.

At which point the robot stuck a flag decal on his forehead and hollered "Support the troops! Them other folks is
traitors! We found thuh WMD's!!"

The bartender finally pulled the plug and mopped up the machine oil.

Bob
2003-07-10 12:25:41 EST
Omphalos <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote in news:Xns93B470793367EZ@
130.133.1.4:

> A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
> A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
> "What's your IQ"?
>
> The man replied, "130".
>
> So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
> physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
> on.
>
> The man listened intently and thought, "This is
> really cool".
>
> Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
> him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man responded, "100."
>
> So the robot started talking about the football,
> baseball and so on.
>
> The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
> cool".
>
> A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
> the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man replied, "70".
>
> The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
> Party up to these days?"

You didn't finish it.

When the fourth guy with an IQ of 20 came in, the robot asked him "So, what
is the anti-choice movement up to these days?"

Dave Oldridge
2003-07-10 12:35:29 EST
Omphalos <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote in news:Xns93B470793367EZ@
130.133.1.4:

> A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
> A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
> "What's your IQ"?
>
> The man replied, "130".
>
> So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
> physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
> on.
>
> The man listened intently and thought, "This is
> really cool".
>
> Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
> him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man responded, "100."
>
> So the robot started talking about the football,
> baseball and so on.
>
> The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
> cool".
>
> A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
> the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>
> The man replied, "70".
>
> The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
> Party up to these days?"

And the man replied, "They're trying to take all my money in taxes and
give it to the poor!"

And the robot said, "You have money?<

And the idiot said, "Well, no, not really. I'm poor you see. But I vote
Republican every time. Soon I'll be rich! After all, rich people
usually vote Republican."

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

Omphalos
2003-07-10 12:47:04 EST
On Thu 10 Jul 2003 12:35:29p, Dave Oldridge
<*T@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote in

> Subject: Re: What's your IQ?
> From: Dave Oldridge <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca>
> Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:35:29 GMT
> alt.space.monkey.invaders:2709 alt.chaos:8757 alt.bible:644630
> talk.abortion:701020 soc.culture.usa:1090696
> alt.politics.usa.republican:1561978
>
> Omphalos <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote in news:Xns93B470793367EZ@
> 130.133.1.4:
>
>> A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
>> A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
>> "What's your IQ"?
>>
>> The man replied, "130".
>>
>> So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
>> physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
>> on.
>>
>> The man listened intently and thought, "This is
>> really cool".
>>
>> Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
>> him, "What's your IQ?"
>>
>> The man responded, "100."
>>
>> So the robot started talking about the football,
>> baseball and so on.
>>
>> The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
>> cool".
>>
>> A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
>> the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>>
>> The man replied, "70".
>>
>> The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
>> Party up to these days?"
>
> And the man replied, "They're trying to take all my money in taxes
> and give it to the poor!"
>
> And the robot said, "You have money?
>
> And the idiot said, "Well, no, not really. I'm poor you see. But I
> vote Republican every time. Soon I'll be rich! After all, rich
> people usually vote Republican."

No one ever got rich from government handouts. Do you think any rich
people attribute their success to that welfare check they got in the
mail every month?

Of course, the Democrats would have you believe that no one can make
it without social programs.

--
__________
==\ /================================
===\ /==You know how dumb the average==
====\ /===guy is? Well half of everyone==
=====\ /======is even dumber than that=====
======\/====================================

http://31337.pl

Server 13
2003-07-10 14:49:02 EST
Omphalos wrote:

> On Thu 10 Jul 2003 12:35:29p, Dave Oldridge
> <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote in

>>Subject: Re: What's your IQ?
>>From: Dave Oldridge <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca>
>>Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:35:29 GMT
>>alt.space.monkey.invaders:2709 alt.chaos:8757 alt.bible:644630
>>talk.abortion:701020 soc.culture.usa:1090696
>>alt.politics.usa.republican:1561978
>>
>>Omphalos <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote in news:Xns93B470793367EZ@
>>130.133.1.4:
>>

>>>A popular bar had a new robotic bartender installed.
>>>A guy came in for a drink and the robot asked him,
>>>"What's your IQ"?
>>>
>>>The man replied, "130".
>>>
>>>So the robot proceeded to make conversation about
>>>physics, astronomy, investments, insurance, and so
>>>on.
>>>
>>>The man listened intently and thought, "This is
>>>really cool".
>>>
>>>Another guy came in for a drink and the robot asked
>>>him, "What's your IQ?"
>>>
>>>The man responded, "100."
>>>
>>>So the robot started talking about the football,
>>>baseball and so on.
>>>
>>>The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is really
>>>cool".
>>>
>>>A third guy came in to the bar. As with the others,
>>>the robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>>>
>>>The man replied, "70".
>>>
>>>The robot then said, "So, what's the Democratic
>>>Party up to these days?"
>>
>>And the man replied, "They're trying to take all my money in taxes
>>and give it to the poor!"
>>
>>And the robot said, "You have money?
>>
>>And the idiot said, "Well, no, not really. I'm poor you see. But I
>>vote Republican every time. Soon I'll be rich! After all, rich
>>people usually vote Republican."
>

> No one ever got rich from government handouts. Do you think any rich
> people attribute their success to that welfare check they got in the
> mail every month?

And yet for some reason, poor people are still hooked into voting publican, even though it's bankrupting them.

> Of course, the Democrats would have you believe that no one can make
> it without social programs.

Unfortunately, the publicans would have you believe no one ever needs them to survive.

Dave Oldridge
2003-07-10 21:09:46 EST
Omphalos <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote in news:Xns93B4820DD120BZ@
65.32.1.8:

> On Thu 10 Jul 2003 12:35:29p, Dave Oldridge
> <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote in

>> And the idiot said, "Well, no, not really. I'm poor you see. But I
>> vote Republican every time. Soon I'll be rich! After all, rich
>> people usually vote Republican."
>
> No one ever got rich from government handouts. Do you think any rich
> people attribute their success to that welfare check they got in the
> mail every month?
>
> Of course, the Democrats would have you believe that no one can make
> it without social programs.

Most really poor people don't want to get rich. Anyone who really wants
to get rich can do it. All you need is poor ethics and enough wit to
teach creationism to the rubes.

However, for some, that welfare check is the difference between living to
have another opportunity and dying.

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

Dave Oldridge
2003-07-10 21:12:10 EST

> On Thu 10 Jul 2003 02:49:02p, Server 13 <c-bee1@uiuc.edu> wrote in
>
>> Omphalos wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu 10 Jul 2003 12:35:29p, Dave Oldridge
>>> <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote in

>>> No one ever got rich from government handouts. Do you think any
>>> rich people attribute their success to that welfare check they got
>>> in the mail every month?
>>
>> And yet for some reason, poor people are still hooked into
>> voting publican,
>
> Most poor people vote Democrat.
>
>> even though it's bankrupting them.
>
> When has voting for anyone caused bankruptcy?
>
>>> Of course, the Democrats would have you believe that no one can
>>> make it without social programs.
>>>
>> Unfortunately, the publicans would have you believe no one ever
>> needs them to survive.
>
> No one needs social programs from the government to survive. The
> Democrats enjoy class warfare.

No, class warfare is what you get when the poor have nothing left to
lose. Read the history of Rome. You see this theme over and over again.
You can buy them off with bread or with circuses. Sometimes you need
both. But if you once stop, they are apt to appoint a whole new ruling
class just to get some bread and circuses.

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

Omphalos
2003-07-10 21:27:36 EST
On Thu 10 Jul 2003 08:57:08p, webgiant@rocketmail.com (webgiant) wrote
in news:slrnbgrh2f.fpk.webgiant@localhost.localdomain:

> On 10 Jul 2003 15:03:22 GMT,
> Omphalos <omphalos@frogbutt.com> wrote:
>
>> A popular bar had a new robotic bartender
>> installed. A guy came in for a drink and
>> the robot asked him, "What's your IQ"?
>>
>> The man replied, "130".
>>
>> So the robot proceeded to make conversation
>> about physics, astronomy, investments,
>> insurance, and so on.
>>
>> The man listened intently and thought,
>> "This is really cool".
>>
>> Another guy came in for a drink and the
>> robot asked him, "What's your IQ?"
>>
>> The man responded, "100."
>>
>> So the robot started talking about the
>> football, baseball and so on.
>>
>> The man thought to himself, "Wow, this is
>> really cool".
>>
>> A third guy came in to the bar. As with
>> the others, the robot asked him, "What's
>> your IQ?"
>>
>> The man replied, "70".
>>
>> The robot then said, "So, what's the
>> Democratic Party up to these days?"
>
> This is just a variation on the old joke
> about young people who are conservative
> have no heart, but older people who are
> liberal have no brain.
>
> In any case, my I.Q.'s 131, putting me in
> the lower Mensa ranges, and I've been
> Democrat since I understood the meaning of
> the word "Democrat".

Do you want a cookie?

> My wife's I.Q. is even higher, and she's
> been Democrat about as long as I have.
> Considering she came from a devout
> Republican family, thats saying something.
>
> Looking at the [lack of] comprehension of
> the English languyage and the [lack of]
> ability to perform math in the
> conservatives who post on this newsgroup,
> I would say the joke is ass-backward.
>
> The robot bartender should have asked about
> the state of the Republican Party, not the
> Democrats.

So, Mister Genius, how many other jokes can you fuck up by thinking
about them too hard?

--