Bible Discussion: David Kay Says The Washington Post Is Lying About Events In Iraq

David Kay Says The Washington Post Is Lying About Events In Iraq

Mark Fox
2003-11-22 00:56:07 EST
http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/press_release/2003/pr11032003.htm

Statement by Dr. David Kay
Special Advisor to the Director of Central Intelligence

A version of this statement appeared in the Washington Post on
Saturday, November 1, 2003.

Taking Exception

A front page article in the Washington Post on October 26th entitled
"Search in Iraq Fails to Find Nuclear Threat: No Evidence Uncovered of
Reconstituted Program" is wildly off the mark. The article is replete
with simple factual errors that could have and should have been
avoided.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/speeches/2003/david_kay_10022003.html

STATEMENT BY DAVID KAY ON THE INTERIM PROGRESS REPORT ON THE
ACTIVITIES OF THE IRAQ SURVEY GROUP (ISG) BEFORE THE
HOUSE PERMANENT SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE,
THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS, SUBCOMMITTEE ON DEFENSE, AND
THE
SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE

October 2, 2003

We have not yet found stocks of weapons, but we are not yet at the
point where we can say definitively either that such weapon stocks do
not exist or that they existed before the war and our only task is to
find where they have gone. We are actively engaged in searching for
such weapons based on information being supplied to us by Iraqis.

Why are we having such difficulty in finding weapons or in reaching a
confident conclusion that they do not exist or that they once existed
but have been removed? Our search efforts are being hindered by six
principal factors:

>From birth all of Iraq's WMD activities were highly compartmentalized
within a regime that ruled and kept its secrets through fear and
terror and with deception and denial built into each program;

Deliberate dispersal and destruction of material and documentation
related to weapons programs began pre-conflict and ran trans-to-post
conflict;

Post-OIF looting destroyed or dispersed important and easily
collectable material and forensic evidence concerning Iraq's WMD
program. As the report covers in detail, significant elements of this
looting were carried out in a systematic and deliberate manner, with
the clear aim of concealing pre-OIF activities of Saddam's regime;

Some WMD personnel crossed borders in the pre/trans conflict period
and may have taken evidence and even weapons-related materials with
them;

Any actual WMD weapons or material is likely to be small in relation
to the total conventional armaments footprint and difficult to near
impossible to identify with normal search procedures. It is important
to keep in mind that even the bulkiest materials we are searching for,
in the quantities we would expect to find, can be concealed in spaces
not much larger than a two car garage;

The environment in Iraq remains far from permissive for our
activities, with many Iraqis that we talk to reporting threats and
overt acts of intimidation and our own personnel being the subject of
threats and attacks. In September alone we have had three attacks on
ISG facilities or teams: The ISG base in Irbil was bombed and four
staff injured, two very seriously; a two person team had their vehicle
blocked by gunmen and only escaped by firing back through their own
windshield; and on Wednesday, 24 September, the ISG Headquarters in
Baghdad again was subject to mortar attack.

Jani
2003-11-22 02:15:47 EST

"Mark Fox" <mark_fox_@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/press_release/2003/pr11032003.htm
>
> Statement by Dr. David Kay
> Special Advisor to the Director of Central Intelligence
>
> A version of this statement appeared in the Washington Post on
> Saturday, November 1, 2003.
>
> Taking Exception
>
> A front page article in the Washington Post on October 26th entitled
> "Search in Iraq Fails to Find Nuclear Threat: No Evidence Uncovered of
> Reconstituted Program" is wildly off the mark. The article is replete
> with simple factual errors that could have and should have been
> avoided.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/speeches/2003/david_kay_10022003.html

> STATEMENT BY DAVID KAY ON THE INTERIM PROGRESS REPORT ON THE
> ACTIVITIES OF THE IRAQ SURVEY GROUP (ISG) BEFORE THE
> HOUSE PERMANENT SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE,
> THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS, SUBCOMMITTEE ON DEFENSE, AND
> THE
> SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE
>
> October 2, 2003
>
> We have not yet found stocks of weapons, but we are not yet at the
> point where we can say definitively either that such weapon stocks do
> not exist or that they existed before the war and our only task is to
> find where they have gone. We are actively engaged in searching for
> such weapons based on information being supplied to us by Iraqis.

We said they definitely existed and since they're not there, we now have to
keep looking because we'll look bloody stupid if we don't. In the meantime
we can think up lots of excuses why they're not there.

> Why are we having such difficulty in finding weapons or in reaching a
> confident conclusion that they do not exist or that they once existed
> but have been removed? Our search efforts are being hindered by six
> principal factors:
>
> From birth all of Iraq's WMD activities were highly compartmentalized
> within a regime that ruled and kept its secrets through fear and
> terror and with deception and denial built into each program;

But that didn't matter to anyone outside Iraq, since we *knew* they were
there, remember? We just can't find them.

> Deliberate dispersal and destruction of material and documentation
> related to weapons programs began pre-conflict and ran trans-to-post
> conflict;

We knew they were there, but of course once we'd said we knew they were
there, someone would have the bright idea of getting rid of them before we
actually got there to look for them, so why are you complaining that we
can't find them? You didn't expect them to actually be there, did you?

> Post-OIF looting destroyed or dispersed important and easily
> collectable material and forensic evidence concerning Iraq's WMD
> program. As the report covers in detail, significant elements of this
> looting were carried out in a systematic and deliberate manner, with
> the clear aim of concealing pre-OIF activities of Saddam's regime;

We had absolutely *no* idea that looting takes place in these situations.
No, really. And even if we did, we're hoping you're not going to notice that
while we were going "duh - they're looting", the other side managed to be
"systematic and deliberate" about zipping through it all and destroying
exactly which bits they wanted to destroy. Either way, we're still looking
bloody stupid.

> Some WMD personnel crossed borders in the pre/trans conflict period
> and may have taken evidence and even weapons-related materials with
> them;

Well, yeah, so the minute we said they were there, we wouldn't have a
problem when they weren't there, because people cross borders. Hey, we
thought that one up all by ourselves so we wouldn't look quite so stupid
when they weren't there!

> Any actual WMD weapons or material is likely to be small in relation
> to the total conventional armaments footprint and difficult to near
> impossible to identify with normal search procedures. It is important
> to keep in mind that even the bulkiest materials we are searching for,
> in the quantities we would expect to find, can be concealed in spaces
> not much larger than a two car garage;

OK, but we still knew they were there. They're so tiny that you can't find
or identify even the big ones, but dammit, *we knew they were there!* We're,
like, psychic, you know?

> The environment in Iraq remains far from permissive for our
> activities, with many Iraqis that we talk to reporting threats and
> overt acts of intimidation and our own personnel being the subject of
> threats and attacks. In September alone we have had three attacks on
> ISG facilities or teams: The ISG base in Irbil was bombed and four
> staff injured, two very seriously; a two person team had their vehicle
> blocked by gunmen and only escaped by firing back through their own
> windshield; and on Wednesday, 24 September, the ISG Headquarters in
> Baghdad again was subject to mortar attack.

Whether you believe they were there or not, it's your people getting shot
at. So now you have to believe they were there too, otherwise you'll blame
*us* for all of this and then we'll look *terminally* bloody stupid, won't
we?

Jani

Iconoclast
2003-11-22 09:15:41 EST
This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text. If there
is one thing you forward today......let it be this.

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM
attacks!

Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM
holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your
stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face
to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp
honors.

REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know

M*@thelastchurch.borg
2003-11-22 21:54:47 EST
On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 07:15:41 -0700, "Iconoclast" <icono@home.net>
wrote:
>REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your
>stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face
>to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp
>honors.

There is no need to refer to you as , moron, for you know what you
are. Are you going to kill every christian because a few murder
abortion doctors?
We could BOYCOTT morons and that would take in you and the
terrorist.

>REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know.

There is nothing patriotic or American about punishing people for
their religious belief. Americans believe in the freedom of all
people.

.

Sergeant Major
Gene Roberts
USMC
Semper Fi

If you join the military
Death is part of the job.

Http://www.thelastchurch.org
Alt.religion.thelastchurch

John W
2003-11-22 22:35:42 EST
x-no-archive:yes
On 21 Nov 2003 21:56:07 -0800, mark_fox_@yahoo.com (Mark Fox) wrote:

>http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/press_release/2003/pr11032003.htm
>
>Statement by Dr. David Kay
>Special Advisor to the Director of Central Intelligence
>
>A version of this statement appeared in the Washington Post on
>Saturday, November 1, 2003.
>
>Taking Exception
>
>A front page article in the Washington Post on October 26th entitled
>"Search in Iraq Fails to Find Nuclear Threat: No Evidence Uncovered of
>Reconstituted Program" is wildly off the mark. The article is replete
>with simple factual errors that could have and should have been
>avoided.

I am a media savvy person (BA Journalism), and I think it is VERY
interesting that usually the media will split 3 ways on virtually any
given subject. If it's politics, you get several MORE splits, Left,
FAr Left, Middle, Conservative, Far Right, Extreme Right. On the issue
of Iraq, it's ALL anti-GWB.

That CAN'T be! One of the rules we learned in J school was that if
you can't find at least 3 different MAJOR opinions in the mainline
media on a given political topic, something smells like dead fish, and
it ain't fish!

Same applies to the "3 sources rule" that became so famous in the
Woodward and Bernstein film about Watergate (the name of the film
escapes me). If a reporter can't get 3 independent sources for a
story, it doesn't run.

If you can't find 3 different versions of the Iraq war, something's
amiss. So far, we're hearing the government's sanitized version, which
GWB said would be all we'd get, and we see the anti-Iraq war crowd.
Where is the "impartial analysis?" We aren't getting one!!!

Why not?

John W

>http://www.cia.gov/cia/public_affairs/speeches/2003/david_kay_10022003.html
>
>STATEMENT BY DAVID KAY ON THE INTERIM PROGRESS REPORT ON THE
>ACTIVITIES OF THE IRAQ SURVEY GROUP (ISG) BEFORE THE
>HOUSE PERMANENT SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE,
>THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS, SUBCOMMITTEE ON DEFENSE, AND
>THE
>SENATE SELECT COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE
>
>October 2, 2003
>
>We have not yet found stocks of weapons, but we are not yet at the
>point where we can say definitively either that such weapon stocks do
>not exist or that they existed before the war and our only task is to
>find where they have gone. We are actively engaged in searching for
>such weapons based on information being supplied to us by Iraqis.
>
>Why are we having such difficulty in finding weapons or in reaching a
>confident conclusion that they do not exist or that they once existed
>but have been removed? Our search efforts are being hindered by six
>principal factors:
>
>From birth all of Iraq's WMD activities were highly compartmentalized
>within a regime that ruled and kept its secrets through fear and
>terror and with deception and denial built into each program;
>
>Deliberate dispersal and destruction of material and documentation
>related to weapons programs began pre-conflict and ran trans-to-post
>conflict;
>
>Post-OIF looting destroyed or dispersed important and easily
>collectable material and forensic evidence concerning Iraq's WMD
>program. As the report covers in detail, significant elements of this
>looting were carried out in a systematic and deliberate manner, with
>the clear aim of concealing pre-OIF activities of Saddam's regime;
>
>Some WMD personnel crossed borders in the pre/trans conflict period
>and may have taken evidence and even weapons-related materials with
>them;
>
>Any actual WMD weapons or material is likely to be small in relation
>to the total conventional armaments footprint and difficult to near
>impossible to identify with normal search procedures. It is important
>to keep in mind that even the bulkiest materials we are searching for,
>in the quantities we would expect to find, can be concealed in spaces
>not much larger than a two car garage;
>
>The environment in Iraq remains far from permissive for our
>activities, with many Iraqis that we talk to reporting threats and
>overt acts of intimidation and our own personnel being the subject of
>threats and attacks. In September alone we have had three attacks on
>ISG facilities or teams: The ISG base in Irbil was bombed and four
>staff injured, two very seriously; a two person team had their vehicle
>blocked by gunmen and only escaped by firing back through their own
>windshield; and on Wednesday, 24 September, the ISG Headquarters in
>Baghdad again was subject to mortar attack.

Glenn \Christian Mystic\
2003-11-23 11:03:49 EST
YOU look like an idiot

"Jani" <jani@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> [...]
> like, psychic, you know?
>

> > The environment in Iraq remains far from permissive for our
> > activities, with many Iraqis that we talk to reporting threats and
> > overt acts of intimidation and our own personnel being the subject of
> > threats and attacks. In September alone we have had three attacks on
> > ISG facilities or teams: The ISG base in Irbil was bombed and four
> > staff injured, two very seriously; a two person team had their vehicle
> > blocked by gunmen and only escaped by firing back through their own
> > windshield; and on Wednesday, 24 September, the ISG Headquarters in
> > Baghdad again was subject to mortar attack.
>
> Whether you believe they were there or not, it's your people getting shot
> at. So now you have to believe they were there too, otherwise you'll blame
> *us* for all of this and then we'll look *terminally* bloody stupid, won't

USA
2003-11-24 10:18:44 EST
Only a real idiot could have failed to notice that Iraq had no WMDs,
Bush knew it, and Bush lied anyway, so he could steal from Iraq.

d*1@inkblotpoetry.com wrote:

>U.S. Destroys Iraq Then Denies Contracts to Rebuild to Iraqi People
>
>IRAQ:
>Contracts Leave Local Business Out
>
>Peyman Pejman
>
>U.S. officials have shut Iraqis out of the business of reconstruction
>contracts, favouring a few high-profile Iraqi companies they trust and
>setting excessively high contract standards that most local companies
>cannot meet, say local business leaders.
>
>BAGHDAD, Nov 21 (IPS) - U.S. officials have shut Iraqis out of the
>business of reconstruction contracts, many local businessmen say.
>
>U.S. officials and the contractors working for them favour a few
>high-profile Iraqi companies they trust, and set excessively high
>contract standards that most Iraqi companies cannot meet, they say.
>
> - click full story -
>http://www.ipsnews.net/print.asp?idnews=21229

The Iraqis know this. Intelligent Americans know this.

The clueless loser, though, will still merely worship Bush.

Bnichols
2003-11-24 12:17:48 EST
"Iconoclast" <icono@home.net> wrote in message news:<ecKvb.6268$9O5.672@fed1read06>...
> This one is impossible to believe. Scroll down for the text. If there
> is one thing you forward today......let it be this.
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of PanAm Flight 103!
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine barracks in Lebanon!
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military barracks in Saudi Arabia!
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa!
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!
>
> REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11/2001!
>
> REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM
> attacks!
>
> Now the United States Postal Service REMEMBERS and HONORS the EID MUSLIM
> holiday season with a commemorative first class holiday postage stamp.
>
> REMEMBER to adamantly and vocally BOYCOTT this stamp when purchasing your
> stamps at the post office. To use this stamp would be a slap in the face
> to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp
> honors.
>
> REMEMBER to pass this along to every patriotic AMERICAN you know

And also remember to turn your brain back on after turning it
off for the weekend. <g>

Bnichols
2003-11-24 15:15:28 EST
USA wrote in message news:<tn74sv0l6pjn2rikrmfa05gi24m8uno3o6@4ax.com>...
> Only a real idiot could have failed to notice that Iraq had no WMDs,
> Bush knew it, and Bush lied anyway, so he could steal from Iraq.
>
> david.bozzi1@inkblotpoetry.com wrote:
>
> >U.S. Destroys Iraq Then Denies Contracts to Rebuild to Iraqi People
> >
> >IRAQ:
> >Contracts Leave Local Business Out
> >
> >Peyman Pejman
> >
> >U.S. officials have shut Iraqis out of the business of reconstruction
> >contracts, favouring a few high-profile Iraqi companies they trust and
> >setting excessively high contract standards that most local companies
> >cannot meet, say local business leaders.
> >
> >BAGHDAD, Nov 21 (IPS) - U.S. officials have shut Iraqis out of the
> >business of reconstruction contracts, many local businessmen say.
> >
> >U.S. officials and the contractors working for them favour a few
> >high-profile Iraqi companies they trust, and set excessively high
> >contract standards that most Iraqi companies cannot meet, they say.
> >
> > - click full story -
> >http://www.ipsnews.net/print.asp?idnews=21229
>
> The Iraqis know this. Intelligent Americans know this.
>
> The clueless loser, though, will still merely worship Bush.

Because it's easier & SO much less trouble than having to
actually *use* the brain God gave folks. }:) Why grow up to
eat solid food when you can have Rash Limbo & Bill O'Spinly
spoon-feed you pablum all your life? <eg>

Bill

USA
2003-11-24 19:32:50 EST
The esteemed top2@cox.net (bnichols) wrote:

>USA wrote in message news:<tn74sv0l6pjn2rikrmfa05gi24m8uno3o6@4ax.com>...
>> Only a real idiot could have failed to notice that Iraq had no WMDs,
>> Bush knew it, and Bush lied anyway, so he could steal from Iraq.
>>
>> david.bozzi1@inkblotpoetry.com wrote:
>>
>> >U.S. Destroys Iraq Then Denies Contracts to Rebuild to Iraqi People
>> >
>> >IRAQ:
>> >Contracts Leave Local Business Out
>> >
>> >Peyman Pejman
>> >
>> >U.S. officials have shut Iraqis out of the business of reconstruction
>> >contracts, favouring a few high-profile Iraqi companies they trust and
>> >setting excessively high contract standards that most local companies
>> >cannot meet, say local business leaders.
>> >
>> >BAGHDAD, Nov 21 (IPS) - U.S. officials have shut Iraqis out of the
>> >business of reconstruction contracts, many local businessmen say.
>> >
>> >U.S. officials and the contractors working for them favour a few
>> >high-profile Iraqi companies they trust, and set excessively high
>> >contract standards that most Iraqi companies cannot meet, they say.
>> >
>> > - click full story -
>> >http://www.ipsnews.net/print.asp?idnews=21229
>>
>> The Iraqis know this. Intelligent Americans know this.
>>
>> The clueless loser, though, will still merely worship Bush.
>
>Because it's easier & SO much less trouble than having to
>actually *use* the brain God gave folks. }:) Why grow up to
>eat solid food when you can have Rash Limbo & Bill O'Spinly
>spoon-feed you pablum all your life? <eg>
>
>Bill

It's being drugged by the druggies ...