Bible Discussion: Jason Gastrich Vs. Stan Kohls - Debate

Jason Gastrich Vs. Stan Kohls - Debate

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
2003-11-13 18:16:45 EST
Hey everybody,

My debate with Stan is online. Unfortunately, my recorder ran out of juice
after 31 minutes. I really hope they send me the video of the entire debate
because it was quite exciting and got better toward the middle and end.

You can hear what I have here:
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=111303173856

God bless,
Jason Gastrich

--

Jesus Christ Saves Ministries
http://www.jcsm.org

John 8:36 reads, "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free
indeed."

Galatians 5:1 reads, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ
has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."

Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A.
2003-11-13 20:36:05 EST
Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> My debate with Stan is online. Unfortunately, my recorder ran out of
> juice after 31 minutes. I really hope they send me the video of the
> entire debate because it was quite exciting and got better toward the
> middle and end.
>
> You can hear what I have here:
> http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=111303173856
>
> God bless,
> Jason Gastrich

Right now, there is 15 seconds of dead air at the beginning of the MP3.
I've uploaded a new file that has no dead air, but it may take an hour or
two for Sermon Audio's server to resolve it.

God bless and enjoy,
Jason Gastrich

Routerider
2003-11-13 22:17:11 EST

"Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A." <news@jcsm.org> wrote...
> Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
> > Hey everybody,
> >
> > My debate with Stan is online. Unfortunately, my recorder ran out of
> > juice after 31 minutes. I really hope they send me the video of the
> > entire debate because it was quite exciting and got better toward the
> > middle and end.
> >
> > You can hear what I have here:
> > http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=111303173856
> >
> > God bless,
> > Jason Gastrich
>
> Right now, there is 15 seconds of dead air at the beginning of the MP3.
> I've uploaded a new file that has no dead air, but it may take an hour or
> two for Sermon Audio's server to resolve it.
>
> God bless and enjoy,
> Jason Gastrich

I've heard the first half hour so far...can't wait for the rest!

Don
2003-11-14 06:02:03 EST
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:16:45 GMT, "Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A."
<*s@jcsm.org> wrote:

>Hey everybody,
>
>My debate with Stan is online.

Jason, the Lord has revealed to me that you are attempting to promote
yourself as much and as quickly possible. Like Benny Hinn followed
Katherine Kuhlman, with your calculated "Jason Debates An Atheist
Show," you are following the footsteps of twice-married, Bob
Harrington in his staged debates with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.

The Lord told me that your hyped-up routine is predictable and your
cliche-filled "show" is no surprise to anyone. Your often
condescending presentations are quickly becoming stale, your answers
trite and your style unoriginal at best. The Lord also revealed to me
that you are especially driven to boost your own name and so-called
"ministry" into the national spotlight, simply because your hungry ego
lusts after the acclaim of Christian super-stardom.

D*

Ariaan
2003-11-14 07:09:58 EST
Don wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:16:45 GMT, "Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A."
> <news@jcsm.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey everybody,
>>
>> My debate with Stan is online.
>
> Jason, the Lord has revealed to me that you are attempting to promote
> yourself as much and as quickly possible. Like Benny Hinn followed
> Katherine Kuhlman, with your calculated "Jason Debates An Atheist
> Show," you are following the footsteps of twice-married, Bob
> Harrington in his staged debates with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.
>
> The Lord told me that your hyped-up routine is predictable and your
> cliche-filled "show" is no surprise to anyone. Your often
> condescending presentations are quickly becoming stale, your answers
> trite and your style unoriginal at best. The Lord also revealed to me
> that you are especially driven to boost your own name and so-called
> "ministry" into the national spotlight, simply because your hungry ego
> lusts after the acclaim of Christian super-stardom.
>
> D*

Hi Don,

Your lord Satan has revealed you quite a lot. It's a pity he didn't reveal
to you how petty and envious you yourself are. Please shut your lying mouth
and go sit in the corner.

Take a good look at yourself and your responses to other people, and be very
ashamed of yourself. How dare you!

If you really hold an important position in your church, then you should
know how to behave yourself and how to behave towards other people. Go think
about that, instead of putting other people down, people who are doing good
things. Have you done anything good in your life, Don?

Ariaan

Uncle Davey
2003-11-14 09:03:16 EST

U\ufffdytkownik "Routerider" <oneznzeroz@NOSPAMyahoo.com> napisa\ufffd w wiadomo\ufffdci

> "Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A." <news@jcsm.org> wrote...
> > Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A. wrote:
> > > Hey everybody,
> > >
> > > My debate with Stan is online. Unfortunately, my recorder ran out of
> > > juice after 31 minutes. I really hope they send me the video of the
> > > entire debate because it was quite exciting and got better toward the
> > > middle and end.
> > >
> > > You can hear what I have here:
> > > http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?sermonID=111303173856
> > >
> > > God bless,
> > > Jason Gastrich
> >
> > Right now, there is 15 seconds of dead air at the beginning of the MP3.
> > I've uploaded a new file that has no dead air, but it may take an hour
or
> > two for Sermon Audio's server to resolve it.
> >
> > God bless and enjoy,
> > Jason Gastrich
>
> I've heard the first half hour so far...can't wait for the rest!

I've just downloaded the first bit. It's good you can get half an hour into
only 3.61 MB. Jason could put together a MP3 CD with 100 hours of sermons.

I'd definitely buy that, if it was properly produced.

Uncle Davey

Uncle Davey
2003-11-14 09:21:30 EST

Uzytkownik "Don" <calldonREMOVEIT@earthlink.net> napisal w wiadomosci
> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:16:45 GMT, "Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A."
> <news@jcsm.org> wrote:
>
> >Hey everybody,
> >
> >My debate with Stan is online.
>
> Jason, the Lord has revealed to me that you are attempting to promote
> yourself as much and as quickly possible. Like Benny Hinn followed
> Katherine Kuhlman, with your calculated "Jason Debates An Atheist
> Show," you are following the footsteps of twice-married, Bob
> Harrington in his staged debates with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.
>
> The Lord told me that your hyped-up routine is predictable and your
> cliche-filled "show" is no surprise to anyone. Your often
> condescending presentations are quickly becoming stale, your answers
> trite and your style unoriginal at best. The Lord also revealed to me
> that you are especially driven to boost your own name and so-called
> "ministry" into the national spotlight, simply because your hungry ego
> lusts after the acclaim of Christian super-stardom.
>
> D*

God told you no such thing.

Now stop lying and get on with your work.

Uncle Davey

Don
2003-11-14 11:34:35 EST
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:21:30 +0100, "Uncle Davey" <noway@jose.com>
wrote:

>Uzytkownik "Don" <calldonREMOVEIT@earthlink.net> napisal w wiadomosci
>> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:16:45 GMT, "Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A."
>> <news@jcsm.org> wrote:
>>
>> >Hey everybody,
>> >
>> >My debate with Stan is online.
>>
>> Jason, the Lord has revealed to me that you are attempting to promote
>> yourself as much and as quickly possible. Like Benny Hinn followed
>> Katherine Kuhlman, with your calculated "Jason Debates An Atheist
>> Show," you are following the footsteps of twice-married, Bob
>> Harrington in his staged debates with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.
>>
>> The Lord told me that your hyped-up routine is predictable and your
>> cliche-filled "show" is no surprise to anyone. Your often
>> condescending presentations are quickly becoming stale, your answers
>> trite and your style unoriginal at best. The Lord also revealed to me
>> that you are especially driven to boost your own name and so-called
>> "ministry" into the national spotlight, simply because your hungry ego
>> lusts after the acclaim of Christian super-stardom.
>>
>> D*
>>

>God told you no such thing.
>
>Now stop lying and get on with your work.
>
>Uncle Davey

Funny how you can claim that God speaks to you in bizarre,
unscriptural ways. Yet you can't admit that God also speaks to
others also.

Hmmmm...

D*

Don
2003-11-14 11:38:10 EST
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:09:58 +0100, "Ariaan" <no.NO@SPAM.spam> wrote:

>Don wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 23:16:45 GMT, "Jason Gastrich, B.A., M.A."
>> <news@jcsm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey everybody,
>>>
>>> My debate with Stan is online.
>>
>> Jason, the Lord has revealed to me that you are attempting to promote
>> yourself as much and as quickly possible. Like Benny Hinn followed
>> Katherine Kuhlman, with your calculated "Jason Debates An Atheist
>> Show," you are following the footsteps of twice-married, Bob
>> Harrington in his staged debates with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.
>>
>> The Lord told me that your hyped-up routine is predictable and your
>> cliche-filled "show" is no surprise to anyone. Your often
>> condescending presentations are quickly becoming stale, your answers
>> trite and your style unoriginal at best. The Lord also revealed to me
>> that you are especially driven to boost your own name and so-called
>> "ministry" into the national spotlight, simply because your hungry ego
>> lusts after the acclaim of Christian super-stardom.
>>
>> D*
>
>Hi Don,
>
>Your lord Satan has revealed you quite a lot.

Ok...that's one.

>It's a pity he didn't reveal
>to you how petty and envious you yourself are.

And THAT'S two.

> Please shut your lying mouth
>and go sit in the corner.

Three and four.

>Take a good look at yourself and your responses to other people, and be very
>ashamed of yourself. How dare you!

How dare I what? Point out the obvious that you are too enamoured to
see???

>If you really hold an important position in your church, then you should
>know how to behave yourself and how to behave towards other people.

How long have you walked through life with your eyes closed?

>Go think
>about that, instead of putting other people down, people who are doing good
>things.

So you are now saying that God did not speak to me? And you base your
conclusion upon what???

>Have you done anything good in your life, Don?

Have you?

D*

Ariaan
2003-11-14 13:34:08 EST
Don wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:09:58 +0100, "Ariaan" <no.NO@SPAM.spam> wrote:
>
>> Don wrote:

>>> Jason, the Lord has revealed to me that you are attempting to
>>> promote yourself as much and as quickly possible. Like Benny Hinn
>>> followed Katherine Kuhlman, with your calculated "Jason Debates An
>>> Atheist Show," you are following the footsteps of twice-married, Bob
>>> Harrington in his staged debates with Madalyn Murray O'Hair.
>>>
>>> The Lord told me that your hyped-up routine is predictable and your
>>> cliche-filled "show" is no surprise to anyone. Your often
>>> condescending presentations are quickly becoming stale, your answers
>>> trite and your style unoriginal at best. The Lord also revealed to
>>> me that you are especially driven to boost your own name and
>>> so-called "ministry" into the national spotlight, simply because
>>> your hungry ego lusts after the acclaim of Christian super-stardom.
>>>
>>> D*
>>
>> Hi Don,
>>
>> Your lord Satan has revealed you quite a lot.
>
> Ok...that's one.

That's right, Satan doesn't like to share power.

>> It's a pity he didn't reveal
>> to you how petty and envious you yourself are.
>
> And THAT'S two.

Yep, you are number two, his servant. You'll never be number one.

>> Please shut your lying mouth
>> and go sit in the corner.
>
> Three and four.
>
>> Take a good look at yourself and your responses to other people, and
>> be very ashamed of yourself. How dare you!
>
> How dare I what? Point out the obvious that you are too enamoured to
> see???

So now it's obvious? I thought your 'lord' told you?
Tell me, in detail, how did he manage that? How did he tell you?

>> If you really hold an important position in your church, then you
>> should know how to behave yourself and how to behave towards other
>> people.
>
> How long have you walked through life with your eyes closed?

I have my eyes wide open, thank you very much, but I strongly feel that we
have to be loving towards one another. Now I know that my response to you
isn't the prototype of Christian charity either, but your attitude really
bothers me, so I couldn't control myself. How do you get it in your head
that Jason's "hungry ego lusts after the acclaim of Christian
super-stardom"? How do you come by that? That is quite an unfounded but
severe accusation. Defend it, please...

>> Go think
>> about that, instead of putting other people down, people who are
>> doing good things.
>
> So you are now saying that God did not speak to me? And you base your
> conclusion upon what???

By the unfounded and very severe accusations you made, bordering on
character assassination.
Tell me how God spoke to you.

>> Have you done anything good in your life, Don?
>
> Have you?

Yes I have. One of them is trying to be nice and loving towards other
people, and trying to tell them *gently* and in a *loving* manner when I
think they err. I admit I'm not doing that to you, right now, but I should.
And you should too. Barging in here with a lot of unfounded accusations,
trying to *assassinate* Jason's character, those are not examples of how a
Christian should behave. Are they?