Bible Discussion: Malaysian PM: ''Jews Must Never Claim They Are The Chosen People''

Malaysian PM: ''Jews Must Never Claim They Are The Chosen People''

Caiaphas
2003-11-02 09:44:24 EST
Malaysian PM: ''Jews must never claim they are the chosen people''
30-10-2003
Malaysia's retiring Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad on Thursday compared
Europe's past ill-treatment of Jews to the way Israel treats today Palestinians.

Mahathir, who steps down Friday after 22 years in power, has created
global controversy two weeks ago by comments alleging Jewish world dominance.

At a news conference after he tendered his resignation as leader of
Malaysia's ruling party, Mahathir was asked if he had a parting message for
Jews.

"They must never claim they are the chosen people, who cannot be
criticized at all," Mahathir replied, according to The AP.

"We sympathize with them, we were very sad to see how the Jews were so ill
treated by the Europeans," Mahathir said. "The Muslims have never ill-treated
the Jews, but now they are behaving exactly in the way the Europeans behaved
toward them against the Muslims."

Mahathir said the Arab - Israeli conflict was in essence a land dispute,
not a religious one.

"They have taken land belonging to the Muslims," Mahathir said. "Suppose a
part of Britain or a part of America was taken away and given to the Jews as
Israel. Do you think the Americans are going to sit quietly and say `Welcome,'
and all that? They won't."

"Why do you expect the Palestinians to accept being expelled from their
own country ... (it being) given to the Jews," he said. "It is not religion at
all, it is territorial." (Albawaba.com)

http://www.albawaba.com/news/index.php3?sid=262257&lang=e&dir=news

Cindys
2003-11-02 11:55:42 EST

"Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Malaysian PM: ''Jews must never claim they are the chosen people''
> 30-10-2003
> Malaysia's retiring Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad on Thursday
compared
> Europe's past ill-treatment of Jews to the way Israel treats today
Palestinians.

> Mahathir, who steps down Friday after 22 years in power, has created
> global controversy two weeks ago by comments alleging Jewish world
dominance.
------------
Yes, the whole world is reeling from the lies and antisemitism which came
out of the mouth of the prime minister of a country. Thank you for exposing
this ugliness.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Patrick EMIN
2003-11-02 12:51:54 EST
"cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> a \ufffdcrit dans le message de

> "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Malaysian PM: ''Jews must never claim they are the chosen people''
> ------------
> Yes, the whole world is reeling from the lies and antisemitism which came
> out of the mouth of the prime minister of a country. Thank you for
exposing
> this ugliness.

Well, that sentence cited by the Malaysian PM is the fondamental principle
of the jewish religion, I agree with you that it is ugly, inhumane, but it
it is far less ugly than its application in the palestinians teritories.

Cindys
2003-11-02 14:09:13 EST

"Patrick EMIN" <myemail@club-internet.fr> wrote in message
> "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> a \ufffdcrit dans le message de
> >
> > "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Malaysian PM: ''Jews must never claim they are the chosen
people''
> > ------------
> > Yes, the whole world is reeling from the lies and antisemitism which
came
> > out of the mouth of the prime minister of a country. Thank you for
> exposing
> > this ugliness.
>
> Well, that sentence cited by the Malaysian PM is the fondamental principle
> of the jewish religion
----------------
What a lie. To Jews, *chosen* means that we were chosen to receive the torah
and spread a light among the nations. *Chosen* does not mean special or
privileged except in the minds of Jew-haters who lie about what it means to
Jews.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

JGB
2003-11-02 18:37:04 EST
"Patrick EMIN" <myemail@club-internet.fr> wrote in message news:<3fa5443c$0$6978$7a628cd7@news.club-internet.fr>...
> "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de
> >
> > "Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Malaysian PM: ''Jews must never claim they are the chosen people''
> > ------------
> > Yes, the whole world is reeling from the lies and antisemitism which came
> > out of the mouth of the prime minister of a country. Thank you for
> exposing
> > this ugliness.
>
> Well, that sentence cited by the Malaysian PM is the fondamental principle
> of the jewish religion, I agree with you that it is ugly, inhumane, but it
> it is far less ugly than its application in the palestinians teritories.<

First of all, it is the Torah that is the Light, not the people. Jews were
just chosen to safekeep it for other people to peruse and learn from it,
if they choose. But in exchange for taking the burden of Torah on our
shoulders, the Land of Canaan was our compensation. Arabs have their lands.
So either live in peace with the Jews, or get out. OR else, be driven out.

The Revd Terence Fformby-Smythe
2003-11-03 01:59:02 EST
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:55:42 GMT, "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com>
wrote:

>"Caiaphas" <Nyquist314159@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Malaysian PM: ''Jews must never claim they are the chosen people''
>> 30-10-2003
>> Malaysia's retiring Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad on Thursday
>compared
>> Europe's past ill-treatment of Jews to the way Israel treats today
>Palestinians.
>>
>> Mahathir, who steps down Friday after 22 years in power, has created
>> global controversy two weeks ago by comments alleging Jewish world
>dominance.
>Yes, the whole world is reeling from the lies and antisemitism which came
>out of the mouth of the prime minister of a country. Thank you for exposing
>this ugliness.

Nobody is "reeling" in this country, Cindy. You may be thinking of
the shabbos goys in your own.

--
"If I'd known I'd have picked the cotton myself"
- Bumper sticker seen in Virginia