Bible Discussion: Debate W/ Atheist John Blanton

Debate W/ Atheist John Blanton

Jason Gastrich
2003-10-10 00:00:18 EST
This Saturday, I have a debate with an atheist named John Blanton. He is
from the North Texas Skeptics.

Our debate will be conducted on the phone, but he will be at one of his
group's monthly meetings. They have been advertising, so they should get
numerous people there.

Please pray that the debate goes well. I'll be airing the debate LIVE on
SHOUTcast at 2:15pm, Saturday, October 11. You'll need Winamp to hear it
through SHOUTcast. Here is the link for listening (it will work on
Saturday, but not right now): http://oct11.jcsm.org.

If you miss it, this debate will be offered freely, after the debate, from
http://sa.jcsm.org.

God bless,
Jason Gastrich

--

Jesus Christ Saves Ministries
http://www.jcsm.org

John 8:36 reads, "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free
indeed."

Galatians 5:1 reads, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ
has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage."

Routerider
2003-10-10 19:48:37 EST

"Jason Gastrich" <Jason@freechristians.org> wrote ...
> This Saturday, I have a debate with an atheist named John Blanton. He is
> from the North Texas Skeptics.
>
> Our debate will be conducted on the phone, but he will be at one of his
> group's monthly meetings. They have been advertising, so they should get
> numerous people there.
>
> Please pray that the debate goes well. I'll be airing the debate LIVE on
> SHOUTcast at 2:15pm, Saturday, October 11. You'll need Winamp to hear it
> through SHOUTcast. Here is the link for listening (it will work on
> Saturday, but not right now): http://oct11.jcsm.org.
>
> If you miss it, this debate will be offered freely, after the debate, from
> http://sa.jcsm.org.
>
> God bless,
> Jason Gastrich

Oh man I love debates! Can't wait to listen. Is there any topic or
"anything goes"?

Routerider
2003-10-10 21:46:25 EST

"Jason Gastrich" <Jason@freechristians.org> wrote ...
> This Saturday, I have a debate with an atheist named John Blanton. He is
> from the North Texas Skeptics.
>
> Our debate will be conducted on the phone, but he will be at one of his
> group's monthly meetings. They have been advertising, so they should get
> numerous people there.
>
> Please pray that the debate goes well. I'll be airing the debate LIVE on
> SHOUTcast at 2:15pm, Saturday, October 11. You'll need Winamp to hear it
> through SHOUTcast. Here is the link for listening (it will work on
> Saturday, but not right now): http://oct11.jcsm.org.
>
> If you miss it, this debate will be offered freely, after the debate, from
> http://sa.jcsm.org.

Jason:

I was wondering if you ever plan to debate Till over the phone? That would
be awesome!

Jason Gastrich
2003-10-10 22:32:45 EST
Routerider wrote:
> "Jason Gastrich" <Jason@freechristians.org> wrote ...
>> This Saturday, I have a debate with an atheist named John Blanton.
>> He is from the North Texas Skeptics.
>>
>> Our debate will be conducted on the phone, but he will be at one of
>> his group's monthly meetings. They have been advertising, so they
>> should get numerous people there.
>>
>> Please pray that the debate goes well. I'll be airing the debate
>> LIVE on SHOUTcast at 2:15pm, Saturday, October 11. You'll need
>> Winamp to hear it through SHOUTcast. Here is the link for listening
>> (it will work on Saturday, but not right now): http://oct11.jcsm.org.
>>
>> If you miss it, this debate will be offered freely, after the
>> debate, from http://sa.jcsm.org.
>>
>> God bless,
>> Jason Gastrich
>
> Oh man I love debates! Can't wait to listen. Is there any topic or
> "anything goes"?

John Blanton blew off today's appointment to test the phone line and
recording equipment. This likely means that the debate will be called off.
If it's off, then I'll have some information on the web link above,
tomorrow.

JG

Jason Gastrich
2003-10-10 22:34:36 EST
Routerider wrote:
> "Jason Gastrich" <Jason@freechristians.org> wrote ...
>> This Saturday, I have a debate with an atheist named John Blanton.
>> He is from the North Texas Skeptics.
>>
>> Our debate will be conducted on the phone, but he will be at one of
>> his group's monthly meetings. They have been advertising, so they
>> should get numerous people there.
>>
>> Please pray that the debate goes well. I'll be airing the debate
>> LIVE on SHOUTcast at 2:15pm, Saturday, October 11. You'll need
>> Winamp to hear it through SHOUTcast. Here is the link for listening
>> (it will work on Saturday, but not right now): http://oct11.jcsm.org.
>>
>> If you miss it, this debate will be offered freely, after the
>> debate, from http://sa.jcsm.org.
>>

> Jason:
>
> I was wondering if you ever plan to debate Till over the phone?
> That would be awesome!

Great idea! Phone debates are fantastic because they save time and money
and the digital copy reaches thousands of people over the internet. For
instance, over 2000 people have heard my debate with Dan Barker and that was
only a few months ago. If we were to pay all of the expenses to meet in
person, we wouldn't draw a crowd that large and it would cost much more in
time, money, and preparation.

JG

Uncle Davey
2003-10-14 10:01:51 EST

U\ufffdytkownik "Jason Gastrich" <Jason@freechristians.org> napisa\ufffd w wiadomo\ufffdci
> Routerider wrote:
> > "Jason Gastrich" <Jason@freechristians.org> wrote ...
> >> This Saturday, I have a debate with an atheist named John Blanton.
> >> He is from the North Texas Skeptics.
> >>
> >> Our debate will be conducted on the phone, but he will be at one of
> >> his group's monthly meetings. They have been advertising, so they
> >> should get numerous people there.
> >>
> >> Please pray that the debate goes well. I'll be airing the debate
> >> LIVE on SHOUTcast at 2:15pm, Saturday, October 11. You'll need
> >> Winamp to hear it through SHOUTcast. Here is the link for listening
> >> (it will work on Saturday, but not right now): http://oct11.jcsm.org.
> >>
> >> If you miss it, this debate will be offered freely, after the
> >> debate, from http://sa.jcsm.org.
> >>

> > Jason:
> >
> > I was wondering if you ever plan to debate Till over the phone?
> > That would be awesome!
>
> Great idea! Phone debates are fantastic because they save time and money
> and the digital copy reaches thousands of people over the internet. For
> instance, over 2000 people have heard my debate with Dan Barker and that
was
> only a few months ago. If we were to pay all of the expenses to meet in
> person, we wouldn't draw a crowd that large and it would cost much more in
> time, money, and preparation.
>
> JG

You might want to contact James Whale at the UK's TalkSport radio, see
http://www.talksport.net/presenters_whale.htm for details.

He has an audience of about 1 million all over the British Isles, is not
very well disposed to the Christain viewpoint, but is more likely than most
to give good speakers an airing. He would probably love to host such a
debate on his programme on live radio.

Tell him "David from Poland" recommended you!

Uncle Davey