Bible Discussion: Magdalene Gospel (Re: Earliest Gospel MSS Make It All Clear

Magdalene Gospel (Re: Earliest Gospel MSS Make It All Clear

Yuri Kuchinsky
2003-10-06 13:19:13 EST

Hello, Hieron,

So far you've only given us your negative opinions about the Magdalene
Gospel. Somehow I get the impression that you haven't really read my book.
Everything I say in it is supported by massive amounts of evidence from
published sources.

Yes, there are some late additions in the Magdalene Gospel, and I say so
in my book. They are no more than 1% of the text. If you wish to focus on
the 1%, and disregard the 99% of it, it's your choice.

Quite a few big Text Critical experts are of high opinion about this text.
You're obviously not one of them.

BTW, can you give me some indication that you actually have my book
(rather than just citing stuff from my webpage)?

Yours,

Yuri.

Yuri Kuchinsky -=O=- http://www.trends.ca/~yuku -=O=- Toronto

I doubt, therefore I might be.

In soc.history.ancient Hieron <ptalson@yahoo.com.au> wrote
in article <blnlu4$efvb7$1@ID-203945.news.uni-berlin.de>:

: Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

:> Hieron <ptalson@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
:> news:<blm2bh$dh2iv$1@ID-203945.news.uni-berlin.de>...
:>> I bought your book, The Magdalene Gospel. With postage it was very
:>> expensive from Amazon. I consider it as a waste of money.
:>
:> You're the only one who said this to me. Everybody else liked my
:> book...

: Sorry, I didn't.

:>> You should have displayed
:>> some of the text of the Magdalene gospel on your website, but you didn't.
:>> If you did,
:>
:> I did!

: I bought the book a few months ago. I couldn't find any text on your website
: back then. I just checked it, and you now have the links.

:>> I wouldn't have bought the book. You claim that it is the
:>> original gospel,
:>
:> I'm not claiming it's "the original gospel". What I'm saying is that
:> it's closer to the original than any other gospel that we have.

: This is on the back of the book:

: "The source of the New Testament has been found! Now it has been published
: for the first time in this book."

: This "source" is supposed to be the Magdalene Gospel. You start with these
: words in the Introduction:

: "If the evidence presented here is found to be valid, this may be the most
: important book about history to have been published in the last few hundred
: years. Because this volume introduces what appears to be the *most ancient*
: Christian gospel of them all. As will be argued further, this is a text
: that is *earlier* than any of the New Testament gospels." (emphasis mine)

: Now I quote from the gospel:

: Jn.1:1-4

: "1# OF THE GODHEAD OF OUR LORD, GRACIOUS JESUS CHRIST, GOD ALMIGHTY

: Our merciful lord Jesus Christ, in his divinity he was before all creatures,
: as he made all creatures through his own gracious might. For he is strong
: and powerful through God the Father. And he became truly a man, while
: unchangeable in his godhead, and gave life, and light, and grace to all
: mankind, so that they will know God. In accordance with the Law and the
: Prophets, he was promised to the people, so that they believe in *God the
: Father*." (emphasis mine)

: This is clearly a late commentary on John's text. Some call it an expansion.
: The term "God the Father" doesn't appear in the NT, not even in the
: fathers' writings for a while.
: Let's look at another:

: Lk. 1:29-30
: "and Elizabeth was full with the Holy Spirit, and began to cry and *worship*
: Mary above all other women, as well as her child, and told Mary what things
: were taking place. Then Mary answered, and thanked God and recited the
: whole psalm of the Magnificat." (emphasis mine)

: This is clearly another Catholic text. God alone is to be worshipped.
: Another:

: Lk.11:2
: "And Jesus told them to say their "Pater Noster" + ("Our Father...")
: earnestly and with good will."

: Sure, he did.
: Next:
: p.419
: "And then he asked them, Who did they hold him to be? And *St. Peter*
: replied and said, "You are the Son of the holy and living God." (emphasis
: mine)

: That gospel has "St." before every apostles' name and before the name of
: John the Baptist. This is not a biblical tradition, but a late Catholic
: invention.

: p.437
: "Now the feast of *Easter+* was approaching." (emphasis mine)

: Interesing, isn't it? Easter used instead of Passover. So is the text very
: late or early? And Easter is used instead of Passover throughout the
: gospel.

: So my impression is that you are happy you have found a gospel that supports
: the originality of the doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church, but it
: doesn't satisfy me. I have read comments on your book, and there are others
: who think it is a harmonisation attempt.

:>> yet, the apostles are called "Saints" in it, like "Saint
:>> Peter". I am not a textual scholar, but to me it is a proof that the text
:>> is very late.
:>>
:>> Sorry to say that, but my opinion is that the information you are
:>> providing is pretty worthless.
:>>
:>> So I am deeply disappointed that I spent my money on something I regret.
:>> You should offer a refund, for I feel being deceived. You purposely
:>> didn't display a portion of the text on your website.
:>>
:>> Hieron
:>
:> Your research skills leave much to be desired. Here's 1/3 of the
:> Magdalene Gospel that's been available on the Net for about 2 years
:> already.
:>
:> http://www.styx.org/yuku/pepys/mag.html

: Why do my research skills lack? Because I don't accept the idea that simply
: because a few additional words appear in the gospel and for other reasons
: you state in your book it is more ancient? I look at the text and to me it
: is a commentary of the gospels written at or after the time of Constantine.

: It might have been, but your website that described your research didn't
: have the link at the time I was looking at (probably the first quarter of
: this year). I it did, I couldn't find it.

: I suggest you should try to sell your idea that the Magdalene Gospel is the
: source on this newsgroup (alt.messianic). I don't think you get very far.

: I am not sure why you post here, too.

: Hieron

Doug Weller
2003-10-06 14:17:49 EST
On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:19:13 GMT, in soc.history.ancient, Yuri Kuchinsky
wrote:
[SNIP[

>Quite a few big Text Critical experts are of high opinion about this text.
>You're obviously not one of them.

What text? Your book? If so, who are they and where can we read their
opinions?

Doug
--
Doug Weller -- exorcise the demon to reply
Doug & Helen's Dogs http://www.dougandhelen.com

Agamemnon
2003-10-06 14:20:29 EST

"Yuri Kuchinsky" <yuku@clio.trends.ca> wrote in message

> Hello, Hieron,
>
> So far you've only given us your negative opinions about the Magdalene
> Gospel. Somehow I get the impression that you haven't really read my book.
> Everything I say in it is supported by massive amounts of evidence from
> published sources.
>
> Yes, there are some late additions in the Magdalene Gospel, and I say so
> in my book. They are no more than 1% of the text. If you wish to focus on
> the 1%, and disregard the 99% of it, it's your choice.

Who the hell are you trying to fool. The Majority of the text date after the
great schism as is obvious to anyone who has studied the subject.

> Quite a few big Text Critical experts are of high opinion about this text.
> You're obviously not one of them.

Everyone you can understand Koine the original language of the NT knows that
your text is a joke. Milas ellinka vre malaka ?

> BTW, can you give me some indication that you actually have my book
> (rather than just citing stuff from my webpage)?
>
> Yours,
>
> Yuri.
>
> Yuri Kuchinsky -=O=- http://www.trends.ca/~yuku -=O=- Toronto

Yuri Kuchinsky
2003-10-06 14:48:17 EST
In soc.history.ancient Doug Weller <dweller@ramtops.demon.co.uk> wrote:

: On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:19:13 GMT, in soc.history.ancient, Yuri Kuchinsky
: wrote:
: [SNIP[
:>
:>Quite a few big Text Critical experts are of high opinion about this text.
:>You're obviously not one of them.

: What text?

The Magdalene Gospel, aka the Pepysian Gospel Harmony.

Yuri.

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely
rearranging their prejudices -=O=- William James

Og
2003-10-06 17:25:47 EST
Does onyone have a link where we can read this
magdalene gospel online? Preferably an english translation.

Og

Yuri Kuchinsky
2003-10-08 13:47:58 EST
In soc.history.ancient Og <Og@bashan.org> wrote:

: Does onyone have a link where we can read this
: magdalene gospel online? Preferably an english translation.

: Og

Chapters 1 to 34 of the Magdalene Gospel can be found here (for now),

http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:W74l9Pq5ta0J:www.styx.org/yuku/pepys/mag.html

Good luck,