Bible Discussion: Pseudo-Christian Day-Age

Pseudo-Christian Day-Age

IknowHimDoYou
2003-10-06 11:35:31 EST
Pseudo-Christian Day-Age*

The Pseudo Christians claim they can make a pact with the evolutionary
religionists by changing the word "day(yom)" for the word "age(dor)" in
Genesis 1:1-2:17. If that were so then we can isogete these verses as
follows they claim:

1:5 And God called the light "geologic age of billions of years", and the
darkness He called night. And the evening and the morning were the one
"geologic age of billions of years"

1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning
were the second "geologic age of billions of years".

2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not
eat of it; for in the "geologic age of billions of years" that thou eatest
thereof thou shalt surely die.

Applying this same isogesis to II Peter 3:8 which is used by the unknowing
to justify their twisting of the the above verses:

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one "geologic age of
billions of years" is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
years as one "geologic age of billions of years".

These poor souls must put words into the Scriptures in order to give
foundation to their own false religions. God says;

Rev 21:18 " For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the
prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall
add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: "

Likewise is a warning of those who take away of the words their part shall
be taken away ou t of the book of life.

Careful study and exegesis of these verses can only provide the true
meaning that a day(yom) is not an age(dor) just as today is Yom Kippur in
Israel it is not "geologic age of billions of years" of Atonement but a 24
hour solar day with a evening(darkening of light) and morning(coming of
light).

Billu
2003-10-06 11:53:34 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Pseudo-Christian Day-Age*
>
> The Pseudo Christians claim they can make a pact with the evolutionary
> religionists by changing the word "day(yom)" for the word "age(dor)" in
> Genesis 1:1-2:17. If that were so then we can isogete these verses as
> follows they claim:

The bible says that to God a day is as a thousand years and a thousand
years is as a day. Since hebraic idiom a thousand years = a really really
long time, don't wait for it as you will not see the end. The day age
interpretation
is interpreting scripture with scripture.

> 1:5 And God called the light "geologic age of billions of years", and the
> darkness He called night. And the evening and the morning were the one
> "geologic age of billions of years"
>
> 1:8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning
> were the second "geologic age of billions of years".
>
> 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not
> eat of it; for in the "geologic age of billions of years" that thou eatest
> thereof thou shalt surely die.
>
> Applying this same isogesis to II Peter 3:8 which is used by the unknowing
> to justify their twisting of the the above verses:
>
> But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one "geologic age of
> billions of years" is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
> years as one "geologic age of billions of years".
>
> These poor souls must put words into the Scriptures in order to give
> foundation to their own false religions. God says;
>
> Rev 21:18 " For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the
> prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall
> add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: "
>
> Likewise is a warning of those who take away of the words their part shall
> be taken away ou t of the book of life.
>
> Careful study and exegesis of these verses can only provide the true
> meaning that a day(yom) is not an age(dor) just as today is Yom Kippur in
> Israel it is not "geologic age of billions of years" of Atonement but a 24
> hour solar day with a evening(darkening of light) and morning(coming of
> light).

Thore Schmechtig
2003-10-06 11:58:26 EST
> These poor souls must put words into the Scriptures in order to give
> foundation to their own false religions. God says;

Your god says that you shall not lie.

You lose.

UNWRITTEN RULES OF FUNDAMENTALISM

1. "I'm right and you are wrong".
2. Never admit that you are wrong, even if you really are.
3. When you have nothing to say, hurl insults.
4. Regard and portray your own violence, whether physical,
psychological,
or verbal, at all times as defensive
5. Be prepared at all times to lie and bluster, particularly when backed
into a corner in an argument
6. Never accept responsibility for any mess you have personally caused.
7. When you are forced to admit to an error, regard the whole process of
error and correction as part of God's personal plan for you and not as a
something for which you should apologise retract or make amends except
verbally and secretly to God himself
8. Always see yourself and you personal actions as part of God's plans
for
the world. Recognise that even your errors are just part of Gods will
for
the betterment of mankind.
9.Profess humility but avoid the actual experience of it.
10.Refuse to take in information that differs from your own view and
oppose all such information through classification of such information
in
a derogatory and simplistic manner(eg by categorising it as left wing
propaganda)
11.Refuse to accept that truth is not black and white; that reality is
complex and there are shades of grey
12.Refuse to forgive anyone else for anything unless you purport to
forgive on behalf of other people unconnected with you for whom you
don't
have that right anyhow.

W*@dastardly.dirty.deeds.done.dirt.cheap.llc
2003-10-06 12:20:12 EST
In <IknowHim-0610030835310001@pm4-29.kalama.com>, on 10/06/2003
at 08:35 AM, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) said:

snip of plagerised material based on ikidy's post posting hbistory.

Nice parody of a xian

walksalone who really does believe iokidy's sense of inadequecy is real &
not false.

Adam Marczyk
2003-10-06 15:53:08 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Pseudo-Christian Day-Age*
>
> The Pseudo Christians claim they can make a pact with the evolutionary
> religionists by changing the word "day(yom)" for the word "age(dor)" in
> Genesis 1:1-2:17.

One wonders if Philo of Alexandria was "making a pact with the evolutionary
religionists" when he suggested the day-age interpretation of Genesis in
the year 50 AD.

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/postmonth/apr99.html#philo

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Midwinter
2003-10-06 19:42:27 EST
"Adam Marczyk":

> One wonders if Philo of Alexandria was "making a pact with the
> evolutionary religionists" when he suggested the day-age
> interpretation of Genesis in the year 50 AD.

I do not know - but was it Philo who, according to the URL given, said "It
would therefore be correct to say that the world was not made in time, but
that time was formed by means of the world, for it was heaven's movement
that was the index of the nature of time"?

If so, then he cannot be said to be entirely right either. The world was
certainly made in time. Time was in place and running long before the
'creation' of the world, however it occurred.

But as far as I can tell, not being a philosopher or other professional
know-all, the idea of millennia (or 'ages') being substituted for days was
simply a pretty desperate attempt to make the Bible 'literally true' again
once it became clear that the whole package did not in fact happen in six
days.

--
Midwinter

IknowHimDoYou
2003-10-07 11:40:07 EST
In article <b1d0db16fc411d2cf1ab51636d3ffe29@news.teranews.com>, "billu"
<*u@*nospam*hotmail.com> wrote:

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > Pseudo-Christian Day-Age*
> >
> > The Pseudo Christians claim they can make a pact with the evolutionary
> > religionists by changing the word "day(yom)" for the word "age(dor)" in
> > Genesis 1:1-2:17. If that were so then we can isogete these verses as
> > follows they claim:
> >
> The bible says that to God a day is as a thousand years and a thousand
> years is as a day. Since hebraic idiom a thousand years = a really really
> long time, don't wait for it as you will not see the end. The day age
> interpretation
> is interpreting scripture with scripture.

No, the day-agers are using bait and switch to isogete Scripture:

> Applying this same isogesis to II Peter 3:8 which is used by the unknowing
> to justify their twisting of the the above verses:
>
> But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one "geologic age of
> billions of years" is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
> years as one "geologic age of billions of years".

See, it is totally adsurb.

Billu
2003-10-07 12:13:04 EST

> In article <b1d0db16fc411d2cf1ab51636d3ffe29@news.teranews.com>, "billu"
> <billu@*nospam*hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > Pseudo-Christian Day-Age*
> > >
> > > The Pseudo Christians claim they can make a pact with the evolutionary
> > > religionists by changing the word "day(yom)" for the word "age(dor)"
in
> > > Genesis 1:1-2:17. If that were so then we can isogete these verses as
> > > follows they claim:
> > >
> > The bible says that to God a day is as a thousand years and a thousand
> > years is as a day. Since hebraic idiom a thousand years = a really
really
> > long time, don't wait for it as you will not see the end. The day age
> > interpretation
> > is interpreting scripture with scripture.
>
> No, the day-agers are using bait and switch to isogete Scripture:
>
> > Applying this same isogesis to II Peter 3:8 which is used by the
unknowing
> > to justify their twisting of the the above verses:
> >
> > But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one "geologic age
of
> > billions of years" is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand
> > years as one "geologic age of billions of years".
>

> See, it is totally adsurb.

But not 1 day to a billion years and a billion years as one day. The
meaning is the
same though. Don't tie God to your time limits.