Bible Discussion: Secular Jews Gather Without God Nearly 200 Gather To Honor Culture And Values Of Their People - Not To Pray.

Secular Jews Gather Without God Nearly 200 Gather To Honor Culture And Values Of Their People - Not To Pray.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

Caiaphas
2003-09-29 06:42:50 EST
Secular Jews gather without God Nearly 200 gather to honor culture and values of
their people - not to pray.

SEATTLE - Nearly 200 secular humanistic Jews here will gather this week to honor
the culture and values of their people.

Minus God.

But they will not pray.
"We don't talk about God. Judaism is more than a religion," says Judi Gladstone,
founder of the Secular Jewish Circle of Puget Sound.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2003-09-28-secular-jews_x.htm

Joseph Hertzlinger
2003-09-29 07:03:13 EST
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 06:42:50 -0400, Caiaphas <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Secular Jews gather without God Nearly 200 gather to honor culture and values of
> their people - not to pray.
>
> SEATTLE - Nearly 200 secular humanistic Jews here will gather this week to honor
> the culture and values of their people.
>
> Minus God.
>
> But they will not pray.
> "We don't talk about God. Judaism is more than a religion," says Judi Gladstone,
> founder of the Secular Jewish Circle of Puget Sound.
>

> http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2003-09-28-secular-jews_x.htm

I've read that the publish of "Mort" by Terry Pratchett wanted him to
remove the "death angle."

--
http://hertzlinger.blogspot.com

Tilly
2003-09-29 07:57:01 EST
Caiaphas wrote:
> Secular Jews gather without God Nearly 200 gather to honor culture
> and values of their people - not to pray.
>
> SEATTLE - Nearly 200 secular humanistic Jews here will gather this
> week to honor the culture and values of their people.
>
> Minus God.
>
> But they will not pray.
> "We don't talk about God. Judaism is more than a religion," says Judi
> Gladstone, founder of the Secular Jewish Circle of Puget Sound.

So what? There are many Christians who call themselves such but never go to
church.

Tilly
--
b*1@hotmail.com

Cindys
2003-09-29 09:45:09 EST

"Caiaphas" <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Secular Jews gather without God Nearly 200 gather to honor culture and
values of
> their people - not to pray.
>
> SEATTLE - Nearly 200 secular humanistic Jews here will gather this week to
honor
> the culture and values of their people.
>
> Minus God.
>
> But they will not pray.
> "We don't talk about God. Judaism is more than a religion," says Judi
Gladstone,
> founder of the Secular Jewish Circle of Puget Sound.
---------
Oh, gee. Some of the Jews in the world are secular. And this week, 200 of
them got together to have a social event. Shocking!
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

David T
2003-09-29 09:47:45 EST
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:57:01 +1200, "Tilly" <climbaboard@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Caiaphas wrote:
>> Secular Jews gather without God Nearly 200 gather to honor culture
>> and values of their people - not to pray.
>>
>> SEATTLE - Nearly 200 secular humanistic Jews here will gather this
>> week to honor the culture and values of their people.
>>
>> Minus God.
>>
>> But they will not pray.
>> "We don't talk about God. Judaism is more than a religion," says Judi
>> Gladstone, founder of the Secular Jewish Circle of Puget Sound.
>
>So what? There are many Christians who call themselves such but never go to
>church.

But, of course, there aren't many Muslims here in the ME who claim to
believe the same. All claim they got their ideas of intolerance and
violence against infidels from the wonders of their religion.

Pastor Frank
2003-09-29 16:56:48 EST
"Caiaphas" <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Secular Jews gather without God Nearly 200 gather to honor culture and
values of
> their >
> SEATTLE - Nearly 200 secular humanistic Jews here will gather this week to
honor
> the culture and values of their people.
> Minus God.
> But they will not pray.
> "We don't talk about God. Judaism is more than a religion," says Judi
Gladstone,
> founder of the Secular Jewish Circle of Puget Sound.

Yes. Most Jews consider it a political and ethnic system of exclusive
membership. Religion is only incidental to it, where Christ is considered a
fraud and an impostor. There are no Christian missions or churches allowed
in Israel. Anyone caught proselytizing Christ is expelled, much like they
are in most Muslim countries.
--
Pastor Frank

Jesus in Mt:11:25: At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O
Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from
the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Jesus in Mt:19:14: But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid
them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Jesus in Lk:18:17: Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive
the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

---

Tilly
2003-09-29 22:59:32 EST
Pastor Frank wrote:
.

> Yes. Most Jews consider it a political and ethnic system of
> exclusive membership. Religion is only incidental to it, where Christ
> is considered a fraud and an impostor. There are no Christian
> missions or churches allowed in Israel. Anyone caught proselytizing
> Christ is expelled, much like they are in most Muslim countries.

Proselytizing is prohibited for all religions in Israel including Judaism.
The law is consistent. It prevents harrassment.

Tilly

--
b*1@hotmail.com

Cindys
2003-09-29 23:23:08 EST

"Pastor Frank" <pfrank@christfirst.com> wrote in message
> "Caiaphas" <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
>There are no Christian missions or churches allowed
> in Israel.

What an incredible lie and so easy to disprove. Let's begin with the Church
of the Nativity.

>Anyone caught proselytizing Christ is expelled, much like they
> are in most Muslim countries.

Don't think so. In the Muslim countries, they will be executed.
Best regards,
--Cindy S.

Caiaphas
2003-09-30 07:36:58 EST

"cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Pastor Frank" <pfrank@christfirst.com> wrote in message
> > "Caiaphas" <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> >There are no Christian missions or churches allowed
> > in Israel.
>
> What an incredible lie and so easy to disprove. Let's begin with the Church
> of the Nativity.
>
> >Anyone caught proselytizing Christ is expelled, much like they
> > are in most Muslim countries.
>
> Don't think so. In the Muslim countries, they will be executed.
> Best regards,
> --Cindy S.

Yes, there are Churches in Israel, but there is a 'pogrom' (for lack of a better
word) against anything Christian or Muslim or anything that is not Judaism.
And, you got to admit, there is some element of truth when Pastor Frank states
that Jewishness is "a political and ethnic system of exclusive membership.
Religion is only incidental to it, where Christ is considered a fraud and an
impostor".

Cindys
2003-09-30 09:49:17 EST

> "cindys" <cstein1@rochester.rr.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Pastor Frank" <pfrank@christfirst.com> wrote in message
> > > "Caiaphas" <Caiaphas66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > >
> > >There are no Christian missions or churches allowed
> > > in Israel.
> >
> > What an incredible lie and so easy to disprove. Let's begin with the
Church
> > of the Nativity.
> >
> > >Anyone caught proselytizing Christ is expelled, much like they
> > > are in most Muslim countries.
> >
> > Don't think so. In the Muslim countries, they will be executed.
> > Best regards,
> > --Cindy S.
> >

> Yes, there are Churches in Israel, but there is a 'pogrom' (for lack of a
better
> word) against anything Christian or Muslim or anything that is not
Judaism.

This is a blatant lie. You really have sunk to new depths. You show us one
example where a Jewish mob attacked, destroyed, set fire to any holy
structure of any other religion (because of hatred for that religion NOT
because Arabs were using it for a holdout or something like that). These
religious structures are under the absolute protection of the Israeli
government. Jews haven't any interest at all in attacking other people's
holy structures. [Do you even know what a *pogrom* is?]

> And, you got to admit, there is some element of truth when Pastor Frank
states
> that Jewishness is "a political and ethnic system of exclusive membership.

It's a religious and legal system which is open to anybody through
conversion.

> Religion is only incidental to it

What a lie. Just because there are some secular Jews (as there are secular
Christians) doesn't mean religion is *incidental* to Judaism. Maybe that's
what you would like to believe. Sorry to disappoint you.

> where Christ is considered a fraud and an
> impostor".

Since Jesus is completely irrelevant to Judaism, he doesn't even enter the
conversation. You seem to not want to get that, no matter how many times we
tell you.
Best regards,
---Cindy S.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)