Bible Discussion: To Know God The Creator

To Know God The Creator

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-28 12:32:09 EST
To Know God the Creator

Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him and
our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for He
has become our peace.

If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever assuring
you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave you
nor forsake you.

Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.

Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-28 13:39:02 EST
Hi,

> Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. [...]

Many people probably won't expect me to write a reply like this one to
IKHDY, but I guess it's time to give credit where credit is due.
This, finally, is what I always thought should be a christian attitude.

TO IKHDY:
There now, there is more to you than meets the eye... Despite your
rantings against the nonexistent "religion of evolution" you obviously
have your good sides. I nod my head in respect!

--
Bye

Tocis (commoner AT carcosa DOT de)
Include HI-AK 523 in the subject or your email will be deleted!

Bill Litchfield
2003-09-28 14:04:13 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> To Know God the Creator
>
> Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
> walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him and
> our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
> truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
> us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for He
> has become our peace.
>
> If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever assuring
> you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
> from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave you
> nor forsake you.
>
> Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
> created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.

Until you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Jesus depicted in the
4 gospels and Acts actually existed, your drivel will not convince me or
millions of others. C'mon IKHDY, show us indisputable proof!

Shalom,
Bill

Lane Lewis
2003-09-28 14:49:09 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> To Know God the Creator
snip

> Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
> created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.

Still no evidence for "creation science" just endless preaching that has
no basis in fact.

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Hubble telescope Deep space
photos of galaxies look different than the galaxies that are closer to us.

Hubble Deep Field
http://www.stsci.edu/ftp/science/hdf/hdf.html

If the universe was only 6 thousand years old the galaxies would all be
similar wouldn't they.

What's your explanation.

Lane

Caleb The Profit
2003-09-28 15:03:06 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> To Know God the Creator
>
> Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
> walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him and
> our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
> truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
> us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for He
> has become our peace.
>
> If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever assuring
> you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
> from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave you
> nor forsake you.
>
> Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
> created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.

Does this mean that Islam is not the true faith? What about Allan and
Mulholland?

Caleb

Didymos
2003-09-28 15:36:08 EST

"Bill Litchfield" <jomarie@hscis.net> wrote in message

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > To Know God the Creator
> >
> > Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> > greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> > protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
> > walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> > truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him
and
> > our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
> > truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> > hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
> > us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for
He
> > has become our peace.
> >
> > If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> > encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> > soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever
assuring
> > you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
> > from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave
you
> > nor forsake you.
> >
> > Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
> > created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.
>
> Until you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Jesus depicted in
the
> 4 gospels and Acts actually existed, your drivel will not convince me or
> millions of others. C'mon IKHDY, show us indisputable proof!
>
> Shalom,
> Bill

Can anyone prove the existence of any human being in the first century
beyond a reasonable doubt? By that criterium you just did away with most of
history. History, at best, can be partially reconstructed. Events from the
past can never be recreated. Can you, sir, show us "indisputable proof"
that anyone from the first century existed?

R Brown
2003-09-28 18:13:46 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> To Know God the Creator
>
> Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
> walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him and
> our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
> truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
> us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for He
> has become our peace.
>
> If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever assuring
> you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
> from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave you
> nor forsake you.
>
> Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
> created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.

The trouble is "IknowHimDoYou", that when I read the lies and hypocrisy that
guys like you spout in the name of your much vaunted religion, I realize
more and more what a sham the whole thing is. In my estimation, there is
probably no greater turn off to your evangelical calling than the current
behaviour you exhibit in this news group. This is called "paradoxical
intention": the harder you try to achieve something, the more it eludes you.
In this case, converting those who don't accept creationism.
To an undecided observer (agnostic, if that helps) your rendition of your
religion seems no more valid than anyone else's. I would say I appreciate
all of them, but find them all lacking, despite the obvious zeal of their
proponents. You guys never seem to answer the questions that I want
answered, you just keep on pushing your Christian mythology down our
throats. Do you really think this will warm guys like me to your cause?
Frankly, I don't think you care one way or the other. You're all drunk on
your claim to higher authority and you love to act superior. Humble
Christians my ass!! Your arrogance and blindness are a total turnoff.

Bill Litchfield
2003-09-28 20:45:14 EST

"Didymos" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

> "Bill Litchfield" <jomarie@hscis.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > To Know God the Creator
> > >
> > > Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> > > greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> > > protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as
we
> > > walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> > > truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him
> and
> > > our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible.
This
> > > truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> > > hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to
save
> > > us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose
for
> He
> > > has become our peace.
> > >
> > > If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> > > encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> > > soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever
> assuring
> > > you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this
relationship
> > > from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave
> you
> > > nor forsake you.
> > >
> > > Believer, you can take great encouragement and comfort in Him who has
> > > created all things and has a plan for your life into eternity.
> >
> > Until you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the Jesus depicted in
> the
> > 4 gospels and Acts actually existed, your drivel will not convince me or
> > millions of others. C'mon IKHDY, show us indisputable proof!
> >
> > Shalom,
> > Bill
> >

> Can anyone prove the existence of any human being in the first century
> beyond a reasonable doubt? By that criterium you just did away with most
of
> history. History, at best, can be partially reconstructed. Events from
the
> past can never be recreated. Can you, sir, show us "indisputable proof"
> that anyone from the first century existed?

Ummm...Don't Roman records verify the existence of Herod the Great, and his
sons who also ruled parts of Palestine? Pontius Pilate is in those records
also. If he had been mentioned in the Bible only, I would have cause to
doubt his existence.

Shalom,
Bill

HoundDog
2003-09-28 20:49:05 EST
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in message news:<IknowHim-2809030932090001@pm8-26.kalama.com>...
> To Know God the Creator
>
> Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
> walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him and
> our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
> truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
> us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for He
> has become our peace.
>
> If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever assuring
> you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
> from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave you
> nor forsake you.

Good post. Followin Jesus be better than followin all dat stuff in de OT.

HD

Bill Litchfield
2003-09-28 21:21:36 EST

"HoundDog" <hounddog111@elvis.com> wrote in message
> IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in message
> > To Know God the Creator
> >
> > Knowing the Lord Jesus Christ as a personal saviour and friend is the
> > greatest of priviledges a person can have in this world. He provides,
> > protects, encourages, comforts, enlightens, and becomes our peace as we
> > walk with Him and talk with Him through His wonderful, inspired and
> > truthful word, the Bible. He assures us of our relationship with Him
and
> > our eternal destination to be with Him through His word the Bible. This
> > truely is a great comfort in a world filled with hatred, violence and
> > hopelessness as we see around us. Just knowing that He is able to save
> > us, both now and in the age to come, fills us with hope and purpose for
He
> > has become our peace.
> >
> > If you , reader, do not have this sweet assurance of knowing Him I
> > encourage you to seek Him, listening for His knock on the door of your
> > soul. He will indeed come in unto you and abide with you forever
assuring
> > you that you are His and He is yours. No one can take this relationship
> > from you for He who holds you in the palm of His hand will never leave
you
> > nor forsake you.
> >

> Good post. Followin Jesus be better than followin all dat stuff in de OT.
>
> HD

The mythical Jesus of the N.T. said that the O.T. was all true!

Shalom,
Bill