Bible Discussion: Sacred Cows

Sacred Cows
Posts: 6

Report Abuse

Use this form to report abuse or request takedown.
The requests are usually processed within 48 hours.

Page: 1   (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-26 23:07:05 EST
Sacred Cows

Sacred cows make good hamburger when they are cooked. Evolution religion,
however, is not tasty or even swallowable to those who really deal in
science. When these believers are faced with the truth that Elohim
created supernaturally the entire universe in 6 solar days and holds it
together by His own wisdom they become frightened and even terrifed. The
reason for this is that if they are wrong then they will face the reality
of this God and they certainly don't want to do that. All sorts of
crimminal behaviour is called into play by monkying with evidence
(Neanderthal, Java, Peking, Nebraska, Piltdown men, Lucy and other apes,
fossil birds, moths, embryos, and many other falsefications). If they
have been caught pervericating many times in the past what makes us think
they aren't doing it now?

Sometimes it helps to look behind the screaming and yelling that goes on
with the evolution religion camp to find why they resort to censorship and
other thuggery to prevent an honest, straight-forward comparison between
faith in evolution and faith in God's creative power. The very idea of
this comparison in the public forum(school, colleges, university,
technical journals, and magazines) terrifies them. Why? If they are so
certain of what they believe what have they to worry about by open
comparisons? The answer, of course, is that their belief system will not,
and cannot stand this testing and they know this. Even in our shady
politics we try to lay both sides on the table so that people can choose
for themselves based on the truth. But the truth is not to be honestly
investigated by the general public let alone impressionable children in
schools. No, you must take the word(wrong one) of these cowards and
manipulators because...

they say so...

Adam Marczyk
2003-09-27 01:46:52 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-2609032007050001@pm3-22.kalama.com...
> Sacred Cows
>
> Sacred cows make good hamburger when they are cooked. Evolution
> religion, however, is not tasty or even swallowable to those who really
> deal in science. When these believers are faced with the truth that
> Elohim created supernaturally the entire universe in 6 solar days and
> holds it together by His own wisdom they become frightened and even
> terrifed. The reason for this is that if they are wrong then they will
> face the reality of this God and they certainly don't want to do that.

Personally, I think the people who are really afraid are the ones who can't
accept that their opponents might honestly believe in the positions they
advocate, and instead make up these silly fantasies about said opponents
secretly agreeing with them. You would laugh at me if I accused you of
being terrified of the truth of evolution, so you should likewise know
exactly how we feel in response to this.

> All sorts of crimminal behaviour is called into play by monkying with
> evidence (Neanderthal,

Not a fraud, but a different species of human, represented by many fossil
specimens.

> Java,

Not a fraud, but the skullcap of a Homo erectus. Some other bones found in
the vicinity appear to come from different creatures.

> Peking,

Not a fraud; more Homo erectus fossils.

> Nebraska,

Not a fraud, but a mistake made by one overzealous scientist on
insufficient evidence. The mistake was soon pointed out by others, and the
fossil never gained general acceptance.

> Piltdown men,

A fraud, but one whose perpetrator is unknown. (It may even have been a
creationist who was responsible.) What is known is that evolutionary
scientists detected the fraud and rejected the fossil.

> Lucy and
> other apes,

Not a fraud, and not an ape either. Lucy is a specimen of Australopithecus
africanus, a primitive hominid species and an obligate biped.

> fossil birds,

If this is referring to "Archaeoraptor", it probably bears noting that
scientists detected and rejected the chimeric fossil immediately. No
peer-reviewed journal ever published any paper on it. Not a fraud, but in
fact an excellent example of the scientific method in action.

> moths,

Not a fraud, but an excellent example of natural selection in action.

> embryos,

An exaggeration, again perpetrated by a single overzealous scientist.
Ironically, had Haeckel accurately drawn the embryos, they would have
represented a better proof of evolution than his discredited ideas.

> and many other
> falsefications). If they have been caught pervericating many times in
> the past what makes us think they aren't doing it now?

Since all your examples were shown to be without merit, I will turn the
question around and ask you why we should suspect fraud today when it has
not occurred in the past.

> Sometimes it helps to look behind the screaming and yelling that goes on
> with the evolution religion camp to find why they resort to censorship
> and other thuggery to prevent an honest, straight-forward comparison
> between faith in evolution and faith in God's creative power.

There is no reason why the two have to be mutually exclusive. Would this
"censorship" complaint be like the creationists in Edwards v. Aguillard who
complained that those nasty mean evolutionists weren't allowing them to
publish in scientific journals, and then couldn't produce a single example
of a paper rejected from publication?

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org
--Tombstone epitaph of | e-mail: ebonmuse!hotmail.com
two amateur astronomers, | ICQ: 8777843
quoted in Carl Sagan's _Cosmos_ | PGP Key ID: 0x5C66F737
----------------------------------------------------------------------


Thore Schmechtig
2003-09-27 01:50:12 EST
> Sacred cows make good hamburger when they are cooked. Evolution religion,
> however, is not tasty or even swallowable to those who really deal in
> science. [...]

UNWRITTEN RULES OF FUNDAMENTALISM

1. "I'm right and you are wrong".
2. Never admit that you are wrong, even if you really are.
3. When you have nothing to say, hurl insults.
4. Regard and portray your own violence, whether physical,
psychological,
or verbal, at all times as defensive
5. Be prepared at all times to lie and bluster, particularly when backed
into a corner in an argument
6. Never accept responsibility for any mess you have personally caused.
7. When you are forced to admit to an error, regard the whole process of
error and correction as part of God's personal plan for you and not as a
something for which you should apologise retract or make amends except
verbally and secretly to God himself
8. Always see yourself and you personal actions as part of God's plans
for
the world. Recognise that even your errors are just part of Gods will
for
the betterment of mankind.
9.Profess humility but avoid the actual experience of it.
10.Refuse to take in information that differs from your own view and
oppose all such information through classification of such information
in
a derogatory and simplistic manner(eg by categorising it as left wing
propaganda)
11.Refuse to accept that truth is not black and white; that reality is
complex and there are shades of grey
12.Refuse to forgive anyone else for anything unless you purport to
forgive on behalf of other people unconnected with you for whom you
don't
have that right anyhow.

Zachriel
2003-09-27 08:10:05 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-2609032007050001@pm3-22.kalama.com...
> Sacred Cows
>
> Sacred cows make good hamburger when they are cooked . . . . they say
so...

No scientific arguments here. Is this meant to be an insult to Hindis?





IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-27 11:18:29 EST
In article <T6fdb.14210$ZE3.324481139@twister2.starband.net>, "Zachriel"
<*l@zachriel.com> wrote:

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> news:IknowHim-2609032007050001@pm3-22.kalama.com...
> > Sacred Cows
> >
> > Sacred cows make good hamburger when they are cooked . . . . they say
> so...
>
> No scientific arguments here. Is this meant to be an insult to Hindis?
_____________________________________________________

Ha, ha that is funny...

Lane Lewis
2003-09-27 14:06:57 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
news:IknowHim-2609032007050001@pm3-22.kalama.com...
> Sacred Cows
>
> Sacred cows make good hamburger when they are cooked. Evolution religion,
> however, is not tasty or even swallowable to those who really deal in
> science. When these believers are faced with the truth that Elohim
> created supernaturally the entire universe in 6 solar days and holds it
> together by His own wisdom they become frightened and even terrifed. The
> reason for this is that if they are wrong then they will face the reality
> of this God and they certainly don't want to do that. All sorts of
> crimminal behaviour is called into play by monkying with evidence
> (Neanderthal, Java, Peking, Nebraska, Piltdown men, Lucy and other apes,
> fossil birds, moths, embryos, and many other falsefications). If they
> have been caught pervericating many times in the past what makes us think
> they aren't doing it now?
>
> Sometimes it helps to look behind the screaming and yelling that goes on
> with the evolution religion camp to find why they resort to censorship and
> other thuggery to prevent an honest, straight-forward comparison between
> faith in evolution and faith in God's creative power. The very idea of
> this comparison in the public forum(school, colleges, university,
> technical journals, and magazines) terrifies them. Why? If they are so
> certain of what they believe what have they to worry about by open
> comparisons? The answer, of course, is that their belief system will not,
> and cannot stand this testing and they know this. Even in our shady
> politics we try to lay both sides on the table so that people can choose
> for themselves based on the truth. But the truth is not to be honestly
> investigated by the general public let alone impressionable children in
> schools. No, you must take the word(wrong one) of these cowards and
> manipulators because...
>
> they say so...
>

It's called the First Amendment to the Constitution which prevents your
religious dogma from being taught in school, not evolutionist. You exemplify
the very reason the First Amendment was adopted by the United States.
Science should be taught in science class not someone's religious views,
that view is self evident to most of the people in this country not just
those who believe in evolution but those that cherish freedom as well.

Lane

Lane


Page: 1   (First | Last)


2020 - UsenetArchives.com | Contact Us | Privacy | Stats | Site Search
Become our Patron