Bible Discussion: Jesus/Bible Do Not Teach "Rapture" -less Than 200 Yr Old Concept !

Jesus/Bible Do Not Teach "Rapture" -less Than 200 Yr Old Concept !

Jsm
2003-07-03 09:51:56 EST
Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
some Christians fall for this false concept?

Dick
2003-07-03 14:01:15 EST

"jsm" <jsm542@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
> concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
> it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
> some Christians fall for this false concept?

First of all, where did you ever receive your information concerning
Christ's second return? I find you have only giving your personal opinion.
before I answer you from the Scriptures I want to know if you have been
truly saved; that is have you ever confessed your sins and received the
Spirit of Christ into your heart and life. The reason I need to know this is
so I know from what point of view to answer you. This is vitally important
to know before you give any Bible answer.I want proof from you from the
Scriptures that what you say is so. I need Bible book(s), chapter(s) and
verse(s). If you will do this I will in turn give you Scriptural evidence
that Christ Jesus indeed shall return to earth a second time. I will tell
you this much. The word Rapture is not in the Bible, you have to dig deeper
into the Word of God to discover the true answer.
Sincerely in Christ,
Dick

Dick
2003-07-03 20:05:46 EST

> > "jsm" <jsm542@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
> > > concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
> > > it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
> > > some Christians fall for this false concept?
> >

> > If you will do this I will in turn give you Scriptural evidence
> > that Christ Jesus indeed shall return to earth a second time.
>
> The concept of "Rapture" is the heading, not
> the second coming of Christ. Please read the heading.

The term Rapture has the same meaning as the Second Return of Christ. What
do you take it to mean?
Sincere in Christ,
Dick

Jsm
2003-07-03 21:36:03 EST
r*9@hotmail.com (rogue) wrote in message news:<6e14bcdc.0307031104.3f47c0e1@posting.google.com>...
> jsm542@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message news:<b971a682.0307030551.36d3ee26@posting.google.com>...
> > Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
> > concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
> > it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
> > some Christians fall for this false concept?
>
> JERRY
> You would be surprised what christians believe. Jesus never spoke
> about a holy trinity either.

Yes He did/ Jesus said, "In the Name of the Father,
the Son, and the Holy Spirit = Trinity.

> Where the hell did that come from?

God.

> Jesus never said that redemption was by faith alone,
> Faith and works go together but christians believe that.

You're wrong about that, the majority of Christians
do not believe that.

> Ahd the differences between the Protestants and the
> Catholics.
>
> What I would really like to see is a debate on whether Catholics are
> "christians" between the hardcore Nazi Protestants like "Pastor" Dave
> and Dave O.
>
> I predict it wouldn't last more than a couple of postings. Dave O
> would show why Catholics are christians, Dave R. would request sources
> and Dave O would supply them, leaving Dave R. to slink off claiming
> that Catholic sources aren't real sources and offering nothing
> himself. ;-) (That's been his pattern, anyway.)

M*@thelastchurch.borg
2003-07-04 03:24:13 EST
."Rapture" is from the Latin "rapiemur," which is how
the old Latin translation of the Bible translated
"caught up" .Many Christians believe they will be
caught up all the way into heaven at Christ's
return, and that this will be before the great
tribulation,but the Bible doesn't teach either of these
things. Some say that Christians will be caught up
into the clouds to meet Christ as he descends at the
2nd coming. But for 1800 years the church taught the
second coming was in 70 AD...

Truth is there is no second coming because Christ
never left this earth. He has always been here.
Teaching you to wait for him to return is just a trick
of the church to separate you from Christ.

Michael

.

A preacher is the blind
leading the blind...

The Last Church
http://www.thelastchurch.org
m*l@thelastchurch.org

alt.religion.thelastchurch
alt.religion.the-last-church

Jsm
2003-07-04 11:40:44 EST
j*2@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message news:<b971a682.0307031736.69a9a451@posting.google.com>...
> rogue719@hotmail.com (rogue) wrote in message news:<6e14bcdc.0307031104.3f47c0e1@posting.google.com>...
> > jsm542@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message news:<b971a682.0307030551.36d3ee26@posting.google.com>...
> > > Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
> > > concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
> > > it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
> > > some Christians fall for this false concept?
> >
> > JERRY
> > You would be surprised what christians believe. Jesus never spoke
> > about a holy trinity either.
>
> Yes He did/ Jesus said, "In the Name of the Father,
> the Son, and the Holy Spirit = Trinity.
>

> > Where the hell did that come from?
>
> God.
>
> > Jesus never said that redemption was by faith alone,
> > Faith and works go together but christians believe that.
>
> You're wrong about that, the majority of Christians
> do not believe that.

(correction: The ancient Christian Church which is
the majority of Christians believe in faith/works.

> > Ahd the differences between the Protestants and the
> > Catholics.
> >
> > What I would really like to see is a debate on whether Catholics are
> > "christians" between the hardcore Nazi Protestants like "Pastor" Dave
> > and Dave O.
> >
> > I predict it wouldn't last more than a couple of postings. Dave O
> > would show why Catholics are christians, Dave R. would request sources
> > and Dave O would supply them, leaving Dave R. to slink off claiming
> > that Catholic sources aren't real sources and offering nothing
> > himself. ;-) (That's been his pattern, anyway.)

Omphalos
2003-07-04 16:38:27 EST
On Thu 03 Jul 2003 03:04:34p, rogue719@hotmail.com (rogue) wrote in

> jsm542@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message
>> Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
>> concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
>> it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
>> some Christians fall for this false concept?
>
> JERRY
> You would be surprised what christians believe. Jesus never spoke
> about a holy trinity either. Where the hell did that come from?

The Bible fucktard. Trinity is just a name.

Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Trinity.

--
__________
==\ /================================

http://31337.pl

Mike Hargrove
2003-07-04 16:56:56 EST

"Omphalos" <omphalos@xmsg.com> wrote in message
> On Thu 03 Jul 2003 03:04:34p, rogue719@hotmail.com (rogue) wrote in
>
> > jsm542@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message
> >> Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
> >> concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
> >> it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
> >> some Christians fall for this false concept?
> >
> > JERRY
> > You would be surprised what christians believe. Jesus never spoke
> > about a holy trinity either. Where the hell did that come from?
>
> The Bible fucktard. Trinity is just a name.
>
> Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Trinity.

You got that right too!

He probably is a fucktard but be nice AND Christian and don't call him one.

John W
2003-07-05 01:13:36 EST
On 3 Jul 2003 12:04:34 -0700, rogue719@hotmail.com (rogue) wrote:

>*2@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message news:<b971a682.0307030551.36d3ee26@posting.google.com>...
>> Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
>> concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
>> it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
>> some Christians fall for this false concept?
>
>JERRY
>You would be surprised what christians believe. Jesus never spoke
>about a holy trinity either.

Sure He did. You missed it.

Where the hell did that come from?

The first reference to the Trinity is Genesis 1.

>Jesus never said that redemption was by faith alone, but christians
>believe that.

John 3:16 "Whosoever BELIEVES on Him...'

Ahd the differences between the Protestants and the
>Catholics.

Are vast.

>What I would really like to see is a debate on whether Catholics are
>"christians" between the hardcore Nazi Protestants like "Pastor" Dave
>and Dave O.

That might get interesting; good luck getting 3 RCCs to be honest.

>I predict it wouldn't last more than a couple of postings. Dave O
>would show why Catholics are christians, Dave R. would request sources
>and Dave O would supply them, leaving Dave R. to slink off claiming
>that Catholic sources aren't real sources and offering nothing
>himself. ;-) (That's been his pattern, anyway.)

John W

John W
2003-07-05 01:15:00 EST
On 3 Jul 2003 18:36:03 -0700, jsm542@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote:

>*9@hotmail.com (rogue) wrote in message news:<6e14bcdc.0307031104.3f47c0e1@posting.google.com>...
>> jsm542@yahoo.com (jsm) wrote in message news:<b971a682.0307030551.36d3ee26@posting.google.com>...
>> > Why do some Christians teach and believe the new
>> > concept of the "Rapture"? Jesus didn't teach it,
>> > it's not in the old or new testaments. Why do
>> > some Christians fall for this false concept?
>>
>> JERRY
>> You would be surprised what christians believe. Jesus never spoke
>> about a holy trinity either.
>
> Yes He did/ Jesus said, "In the Name of the Father,
>the Son, and the Holy Spirit = Trinity.
>

>> Where the hell did that come from?
>
> God.
>
>> Jesus never said that redemption was by faith alone,
>> Faith and works go together but christians believe that.
>
> You're wrong about that, the majority of Christians
>do not believe that.

Actually, the numbers support the fact that the evangelicals are
America's largest non-RCC Christian group.

That is an evangelical belief.

John W