Bible Discussion: Definition Of Evolution

Definition Of Evolution

Page: 1 2 3 4   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-21 12:10:51 EST
Definition of Evolution

Since the so-called experts on evolution cannot agree on just what it is
here is good definition:

Evolution is a philosophy trying to explain everything without God.

Now you can fit almost all the silly definitions presented so far into
this over-all definition remembering that the key to all is "without
God". So whenever you hear someone spouting how intelligent they are by
proclaiming the "fact" of evolution just remember that you can replace
"evolution" with the term "God-haters" because they are the same.

God's word has told the believers that these people would come along and
try to deceive and that is exactly what they are attempting to do.
Remember that God also said that "the Truth would set us free". You , as a
born again Christian, have the Truth. all the others only have religions.

Dave Oldridge
2003-09-21 13:16:14 EST
I*m@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote in

> Definition of Evolution
>
> Since the so-called experts on evolution cannot agree on just what it
> is here is good definition:
>
> Evolution is a philosophy trying to explain everything without God.

And you reveal with this that you are a liar, telling fibs in God's name.
You do realize that this is the sin of blasphemy, don't you? When are
you going to repent this sin?

> Now you can fit almost all the silly definitions presented so far into
> this over-all definition remembering that the key to all is "without
> God". So whenever you hear someone spouting how intelligent they are
> by proclaiming the "fact" of evolution just remember that you can
> replace "evolution" with the term "God-haters" because they are the
> same.

More lies in God's name. Why do you do this? Are you TRYING to anger
the Most High? If so, I can report that you are having some success. I
would, however, caution you that too much success in this endeavour has
actually been known to be fatal. Have you had a medical check-up lately?

Evolution is the scientific study of the changes in life over time.
These changes are OBSERVED in the fossil record and in living organisms.
The scientific study is to determine the actual physical and chemical
mechanisms involved and assess their relative importance. God is neither
invoked nor discussed in these deliberations. But then God is neither
invoked nor discussed in deliberations about the nature and causes of
gravity. Science is simply not theology and demanding that it become
theology is stupid. It also shows that YOU cannot do theology without
trying to bend science to your cause.

> God's word has told the believers that these people would come along
> and try to deceive and that is exactly what they are attempting to do.

You mean God has warned believers that false prophets like yourself would
come along and preach a private gospel, even seeming to be angels of
light, when in fact their hearts are filled with the darkness of
deliberate and conscious sin. When will you be saved?

> Remember that God also said that "the Truth would set us free". You ,
> as a born again Christian, have the Truth. all the others only have
> religions.

*I* have the Truth, as a born again Christian and priest of God. I see
no evidence that YOU are even interested in truth. You seem to have
another agenda. You tell me that you know Him, but you act like a
stranger to truth--like someone who is making a career of blasphemy.
I cannot see how you can claim to have been saved from sin when you are
so clearly possessed by it. PLEASE consider your acts and your words and
take heed. God is not served by untruths like you are uttering here and
He is not pleased when you utter them and they serve no purpose of His.

--
Rev. Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

David Horn
2003-09-21 16:45:46 EST
IknowHimDoYou wrote:

> Definition of Evolution
>
> Since the so-called experts on evolution cannot agree on just what it is
> here is good definition:
>
> Evolution is a philosophy trying to explain everything without God.

Wrong.

> Now you can fit almost all the silly definitions presented so far into
> this over-all definition remembering that the key to all is "without
> God". So whenever you hear someone spouting how intelligent they are by
> proclaiming the "fact" of evolution just remember that you can replace
> "evolution" with the term "God-haters" because they are the same.

God and me? We're mates.

> God's word has told the believers that these people would come along and
> try to deceive and that is exactly what they are attempting to do.
> Remember that God also said that "the Truth would set us free". You , as a
> born again Christian, have the Truth.

Only born again christians have the truth? What about Jews?

> all the others only have religions.

All you have is ignorance.

---
1st Rule of Creationism: Draw your curves, then plot your data.

The_Sage
2003-09-21 20:48:26 EST
>Reply to article by: IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou)
>Date written: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 09:10:51 -0700
>MsgID:<IknowHim-2109030910510001@pm6-09.kalama.com>

>Definition of Evolution

>Since the so-called experts on evolution cannot agree on just what it is
>here is good definition:

>Evolution is a philosophy trying to explain everything without God.

To be fair, the so-called experts on creationism cannot agree on just what
creationism is. Here is a good definition:

Creationsim is a religion based on the blind faith belief that a god or gods
exist that magically created everything there is, then disappeared without a
trace, leaving no evidence that a god or gods created everything there is.

>Now you can fit almost all the silly definitions presented so far into
>this over-all definition remembering that the key to all is "without
>God". So whenever you hear someone spouting how intelligent they are by
>proclaiming the "fact" of evolution just remember that you can replace
>"evolution" with the term "God-haters" because they are the same.

You are living in a dream world of your making, because that certainly isn't how
anyone in the real life world thinks or acts. I have yet to hear one person
proclaim how intelligent they are and then cite evolution as proof.

>God's word has told the believers that these people would come along and
>try to deceive and that is exactly what they are attempting to do.

God's word is full of contradictions, inaccurate science, and false prophecies.
Remember how you fell flat on your face when we asked you to explain how your
god created man from the dust of the Earth without a single drop of water,
despite the blatent in-your-face fact that man is 75% water?

>Remember that God also said that "the Truth would set us free". You , as a
>born again Christian, have the Truth. all the others only have religions.

Don't try to dishonestly redefine words to your liking, just so you can support
your propaganda. The dictionary says your belief is a religion so that is what
it is and always will be.

The Sage

My Home Page : http://members.cox.net/the.sage

"The men that American people admire most extravagantly are
most daring liars; the men they detest the most violently are
those who try to tell them the truth" -- H. L. Mencken

Mark Johnson
2003-09-24 06:01:21 EST
Dave Oldridge <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:

>*I* have the Truth, as a born again Christian and priest of God. I see
>no evidence that YOU are even interested in truth.

Seriously 'Rev Dave', for all us truth seekers out here in the vasty
Usenet, please explain just what you mean by - The Theory of
Evolution.

Peace.

--------------------

. . . "art" inspired by nothing
fades to nothingness soon enough.

[Michelle Malkin, 24 NOV 2000
(discussing Marilyn Manson)]

Dave Oldridge
2003-09-24 11:58:40 EST
Mark Johnson <102334.12@compuserve.com> wrote in

> Dave Oldridge <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>

>>*I* have the Truth, as a born again Christian and priest of God. I see
>>no evidence that YOU are even interested in truth.
>
> Seriously 'Rev Dave', for all us truth seekers out here in the vasty
> Usenet, please explain just what you mean by - The Theory of
> Evolution.

I already did, Mark. You ignored it then and you will no doubt ignore it
now. I think I pointed out that there is more than one THEORY of evolution
and that those theories are attempts to explain the FACT of evolution.

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

John W
2003-09-24 16:24:43 EST
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 03:01:21 -0700, Mark Johnson
<*2@compuserve.com> wrote:

>Dave Oldridge <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>

>>*I* have the Truth, as a born again Christian and priest of God. I see
>>no evidence that YOU are even interested in truth.
>
>Seriously 'Rev Dave', for all us truth seekers out here in the vasty
>Usenet, please explain just what you mean by - The Theory of
>Evolution.
>
>Is THIS "Dave Oldridge" the same "Rev Dave?"

Oh, dear!

John W

>Peace.
>
>--------------------
>
>. . . "art" inspired by nothing
>fades to nothingness soon enough.
>
>[Michelle Malkin, 24 NOV 2000
>(discussing Marilyn Manson)]

John W
2003-09-24 16:25:27 EST
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:58:40 GMT, Dave Oldridge
<*T@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:

>Mark Johnson <102334.12@compuserve.com> wrote in
>
>> Dave Oldridge <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>>

>>>*I* have the Truth, as a born again Christian and priest of God. I see
>>>no evidence that YOU are even interested in truth.
>>
>> Seriously 'Rev Dave', for all us truth seekers out here in the vasty
>> Usenet, please explain just what you mean by - The Theory of
>> Evolution.
>
>I already did, Mark. You ignored it then and you will no doubt ignore it
>now. I think I pointed out that there is more than one THEORY of evolution
>and that those theories are attempts to explain the FACT of evolution.

There is no "fact of evolution'. It is a theory, and a phony one.

John W

David Jensen
2003-09-24 17:26:28 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, John W <john_weatherly47@yahoo.com> wrote in
<*n@4ax.com>:

>On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:58:40 GMT, Dave Oldridge
><doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
>>Mark Johnson <102334.12@compuserve.com> wrote in

>>> Seriously 'Rev Dave', for all us truth seekers out here in the vasty
>>> Usenet, please explain just what you mean by - The Theory of
>>> Evolution.
>>
>>I already did, Mark. You ignored it then and you will no doubt ignore it
>>now. I think I pointed out that there is more than one THEORY of evolution
>>and that those theories are attempts to explain the FACT of evolution.
>

>There is no "fact of evolution'. It is a theory, and a phony one.

More shining evidence of your ignorance. Yes, there are facts that show
that evolution happens. The theory explains why it happens.

Dave Oldridge
2003-09-24 19:14:26 EST

> On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 15:58:40 GMT, Dave Oldridge
> <doldridgLEAVETHISOUT@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
>>Mark Johnson <102334.12@compuserve.com> wrote in

>>> Seriously 'Rev Dave', for all us truth seekers out here in the vasty
>>> Usenet, please explain just what you mean by - The Theory of
>>> Evolution.
>>
>>I already did, Mark. You ignored it then and you will no doubt ignore
>>it now. I think I pointed out that there is more than one THEORY of
>>evolution and that those theories are attempts to explain the FACT of
>>evolution.
>

> There is no "fact of evolution'. It is a theory, and a phony one.

Telling this lie may comfort you, but it is still a lie.

It is, in the end, much MORE comforting to face the truth with faith.