Bible Discussion: The Joy

The Joy

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-15 22:08:55 EST
The Joy

The greatest joy is knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just as a person of
history or in the Bible but a real friend and companion who helps you
everyday and every hour of that day. He knows our every need, hurt, hope
and dream and is more than willing to abide with us and never leave us.
He has suffered every grief and pain we have and knows exactly how to help
us. For over 30 years I have never found Him to fail me for provision,
protection, direction, motivation, commitment, purpose and most of all
peace. That peace stands within and cannot be moved because of Him who
dwells within as the Holy Spirit , my comforter.

You may think you have achieved your goals in life without Him but I can
assure you you are only kidding yourself. Without Him we can do nothing
but with Him we can do all things because He strenthens us daily. 95% of
America is looking for what He gives freely but they think they can obtain
it on their own. Self help only leads to frustration, depression,
discouragement and may even end in self destruction. There are not many
joyful millionairs or lottery winners for they are ususally only very sad
people.

The question is, and always has been, what is life?

The real answer is, and always has been, a relationship with the Lord
Jesus Christ through the new birth.

Nothing else works...

R Brown
2003-09-15 23:59:39 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> The Joy
>
> The greatest joy is knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just as a person of
> history or in the Bible but a real friend and companion who helps you
> everyday and every hour of that day. He knows our every need, hurt, hope
> and dream and is more than willing to abide with us and never leave us.
> He has suffered every grief and pain we have and knows exactly how to help
> us. For over 30 years I have never found Him to fail me for provision,
> protection, direction, motivation, commitment, purpose and most of all
> peace. That peace stands within and cannot be moved because of Him who
> dwells within as the Holy Spirit , my comforter.
>
> You may think you have achieved your goals in life without Him but I can
> assure you you are only kidding yourself. Without Him we can do nothing
> but with Him we can do all things because He strenthens us daily. 95% of
> America is looking for what He gives freely but they think they can obtain
> it on their own. Self help only leads to frustration, depression,
> discouragement and may even end in self destruction. There are not many
> joyful millionairs or lottery winners for they are ususally only very sad
> people.
>
> The question is, and always has been, what is life?
>
> The real answer is, and always has been, a relationship with the Lord
> Jesus Christ through the new birth.
>
> Nothing else works...
sez you. Try Taoism. Far more hip.

David Jensen
2003-09-16 00:09:56 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote
in <IknowHim-1509031908550001@pm6-23.kalama.com>:

You still haven't left? Why not?

>The Joy

The sadness.

Adam Marczyk
2003-09-16 03:05:19 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> The Joy
>
> The greatest joy is knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just as a person
> of history or in the Bible but a real friend and companion who helps you
> everyday and every hour of that day. He knows our every need, hurt, hope
> and dream and is more than willing to abide with us and never leave us.
> He has suffered every grief and pain we have and knows exactly how to
> help us. For over 30 years I have never found Him to fail me for
> provision, protection, direction, motivation, commitment, purpose and
> most of all peace. That peace stands within and cannot be moved because
> of Him who dwells within as the Holy Spirit , my comforter.
>
> You may think you have achieved your goals in life without Him but I can
> assure you you are only kidding yourself. Without Him we can do nothing
> but with Him we can do all things because He strenthens us daily. 95% of
> America is looking for what He gives freely but they think they can
> obtain it on their own. Self help only leads to frustration, depression,
> discouragement and may even end in self destruction. There are not many
> joyful millionairs or lottery winners for they are ususally only very sad
> people.
>
> The question is, and always has been, what is life?
>
> The real answer is, and always has been, a relationship with the Lord
> Jesus Christ through the new birth.
>
> Nothing else works...

I rather suspect that if this "joy" were as great as IKHDY says, he'd be
able to be content and secure in his own beliefs, and wouldn't need to
deluge all these newsgroups with vacuous rants and insipid preaching in an
attempt to convert others, nor lash out at them with insults and ad hominem
attacks when they are not converted. His behavior smacks of one desperate
for the reassurance of the bandwagon.

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Tiger
2003-09-16 03:37:06 EST
"Adam Marczyk" <see@sig.com> wrote in

>> Nothing else works...
>
> I rather suspect that if this "joy" were as great as IKHDY says,
> he'd be able to be content and secure in his own beliefs, and
> wouldn't need to deluge all these newsgroups with vacuous rants
> and insipid preaching in an attempt to convert others, nor lash
> out at them with insults and ad hominem attacks when they are not
> converted. His behavior smacks of one desperate for the
> reassurance of the bandwagon.

How very perceptive.

--
Tiger

"Zero is where the fun starts
There is too much counting everywhere else."
- Hafiz

Galia
2003-09-16 08:57:24 EST

"Adam Marczyk" <see@sig.com> wrote in message
> IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > The Joy
> >
> > The greatest joy is knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just as a person
> > of history or in the Bible but a real friend and companion who helps you
> > everyday and every hour of that day. He knows our every need, hurt, hope
> > and dream and is more than willing to abide with us and never leave us.
> > He has suffered every grief and pain we have and knows exactly how to
> > help us. For over 30 years I have never found Him to fail me for
> > provision, protection, direction, motivation, commitment, purpose and
> > most of all peace. That peace stands within and cannot be moved because
> > of Him who dwells within as the Holy Spirit , my comforter.
> >
> > You may think you have achieved your goals in life without Him but I can
> > assure you you are only kidding yourself. Without Him we can do nothing
> > but with Him we can do all things because He strenthens us daily. 95% of
> > America is looking for what He gives freely but they think they can
> > obtain it on their own. Self help only leads to frustration,
depression,
> > discouragement and may even end in self destruction. There are not many
> > joyful millionairs or lottery winners for they are ususally only very
sad
> > people.
> >
> > The question is, and always has been, what is life?
> >
> > The real answer is, and always has been, a relationship with the Lord
> > Jesus Christ through the new birth.
> >
> > Nothing else works...
>
> I rather suspect that if this "joy" were as great as IKHDY says, he'd be
> able to be content and secure in his own beliefs, and wouldn't need to
> deluge all these newsgroups with vacuous rants and insipid preaching in an
> attempt to convert others, nor lash out at them with insults and ad
hominem
> attacks when they are not converted. His behavior smacks of one desperate
> for the reassurance of the bandwagon.

Only a jealous person would make such a slanderous statement......

Bob Pease
2003-09-16 10:44:37 EST

"galia" <galia@netrover.com> wrote in message

> "Adam Marczyk" <see@sig.com> wrote in message
> > IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> > > The Joy
> > >
> > > The greatest joy is knowing the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just as a
person
> > > of history or in the Bible but a real friend and companion who helps
you
> > > everyday and every hour of that day. He knows our every need, hurt,
hope
> > > and dream and is more than willing to abide with us and never leave
us.
> > > He has suffered every grief and pain we have and knows exactly how to
> > > help us. For over 30 years I have never found Him to fail me for
> > > provision, protection, direction, motivation, commitment, purpose and
> > > most of all peace. That peace stands within and cannot be moved
because
> > > of Him who dwells within as the Holy Spirit , my comforter.
> > >
> > > You may think you have achieved your goals in life without Him but I
can
> > > assure you you are only kidding yourself. Without Him we can do
nothing
> > > but with Him we can do all things because He strenthens us daily. 95%
of
> > > America is looking for what He gives freely but they think they can
> > > obtain it on their own. Self help only leads to frustration,
> depression,
> > > discouragement and may even end in self destruction. There are not
many
> > > joyful millionairs or lottery winners for they are ususally only very
> sad
> > > people.
> > >
> > > The question is, and always has been, what is life?
> > >
> > > The real answer is, and always has been, a relationship with the Lord
> > > Jesus Christ through the new birth.
> > >
> > > Nothing else works...
> >
> > I rather suspect that if this "joy" were as great as IKHDY says, he'd be
> > able to be content and secure in his own beliefs, and wouldn't need to
> > deluge all these newsgroups with vacuous rants and insipid preaching in
an
> > attempt to convert others, nor lash out at them with insults and ad
> hominem
> > attacks when they are not converted. His behavior smacks of one
desperate
> > for the reassurance of the bandwagon.
>
> Only a jealous person would make such a slanderous statement......

Ony a jealous person would make the statement " Only a jealous person would
make such a slanderous statement"

Next??

Bob Pease

W*@dastardly.dirty.deeds.done.cheap.llc
2003-09-16 11:12:35 EST
In <CND9b.70987$PD3.4741912@nnrp1.uunet.ca>, on 09/16/2003
at 08:57 AM, "galia" <galia@netrover.com> said:

>"Adam Marczyk" <see@sig.com> wrote in message
>> IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message

snip plagerised[?] article

>> > You may think you have achieved your goals in life without Him but I can
>> > assure you you are only kidding yourself. Without Him we can do nothing
>> > but with Him we can do all things because He strenthens us daily. 95% of
>> > America is looking for what He gives freely but they think they can
>> > obtain it on their own. Self help only leads to frustration,
>depression,
>> > discouragement and may even end in self destruction. There are not many
>> > joyful millionairs or lottery winners for they are ususally only very
>sad
>> > people.

>> > The question is, and always has been, what is life?

>> > The real answer is, and always has been, a relationship with the Lord
>> > Jesus Christ through the new birth.

>> > Nothing else works...

>> I rather suspect that if this "joy" were as great as IKHDY says, he'd be
>> able to be content and secure in his own beliefs, and wouldn't need to
>> deluge all these newsgroups with vacuous rants and insipid preaching in an
>> attempt to convert others, nor lash out at them with insults and ad
>hominem
>> attacks when they are not converted. His behavior smacks of one desperate
>> for the reassurance of the bandwagon.

>Only a jealous person would make such a slanderous statement......

Jealous of what? An inability to think for oneself, as demontrated by
ikhdy? An inability to utilise oreiginal thought, as amply demonstared by
the original poster? An inability to walk as a free human as demonstarted
by the original poster? The inability to accept responsability for one's
own actions & seek redress from the people that it attacks without cause,
like the original poster.

Surely you can't mean jealous of your spot on the amen pew, can you Sister
Bertha Better Than You [w/thanks to Ray Stevens]

walksalone who notes that nothing of substance to the conversation was
added by the person he responded to.

Theology: The study of elaborate verbal disguises for non-ideas. AKA
Philosophy: Questyions, some very hard questions that may never be
answered Religion: Answers that may never be questioned.

Galia
2003-09-16 12:08:31 EST

"Bob Pease" <bobnospampease@concentric.net> wrote in message

> "galia" <galia@netrover.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Adam Marczyk" <see@sig.com> wrote in message
> > > IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message

> person
> you
> hope
> us.
> because

> can
> nothing
95%
> of
> > depression,
> many
> > sad

Lord

> > > I rather suspect that if this "joy" were as great as IKHDY says, he'd
be
> > > able to be content and secure in his own beliefs, and wouldn't need to
> > > deluge all these newsgroups with vacuous rants and insipid preaching
in
> an
> > > attempt to convert others, nor lash out at them with insults and ad
> > hominem
> > > attacks when they are not converted. His behavior smacks of one
> desperate
> > > for the reassurance of the bandwagon.
> >
> > Only a jealous person would make such a slanderous statement......
> >

> Ony a jealous person would make the statement " Only a jealous person
would
> make such a slanderous statement"
>
> Next??
>
> Bob Pease

Try again...

Bob Pease
2003-09-16 13:02:12 EST

> "Bob Pease" <bobnospampease@concentric.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "galia" <galia@netrover.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Adam Marczyk" <see@sig.com> wrote in message

> > person
> > you
> > hope
> > us.
> and
> > because

> > can
> > nothing
> 95%
> > of
> > > depression,
> > many
> very
> > > sad

> Lord

> be
> in
> > an
> > > hominem
> > desperate
> > >
> > > Only a jealous person would make such a slanderous statement......
> > >

> > Ony a jealous person would make the statement " Only a jealous person
> would
> > make such a slanderous statement"
> >
> > Next??
> >
> > Bob Pease
> >
> Try again...

Ok you asked for it..

Only a jealous person would make the statement "Only a jealous person
would make the statement " Only a jealous person
would make such a slanderous statement" "

More ??

RJ Pease

Page: 1 2 3 4 5   Next  (First | Last)