Bible Discussion: Scientific Description Of Creation

Scientific Description Of Creation

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-12 12:13:52 EST
Scientific Description of Creation

The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

Time: "In the beginning.."
Cause: God the creator
Created: use of energy
Space: heaven
Matter: earth

All creation came out of eternity(timelessness) and out of nothing(ex
nihlo). It is presented in the simplest form and language in Hebrew and
written by Elohim himself where He signed it in Genesis 2:4 with the
colophon:

"These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were
created, in the day that the Lord God(Elohim) made the earth and the
heavens"

Adam Marczyk
2003-09-12 12:43:17 EST
IknowHimDoYou <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Scientific Description of Creation
>
> The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:
>
> "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
>
> Time: "In the beginning.."
> Cause: God the creator
> Created: use of energy
> Space: heaven
> Matter: earth
>
> All creation came out of eternity(timelessness) and out of nothing(ex
> nihlo). It is presented in the simplest form and language in Hebrew and
> written by Elohim himself where He signed it in Genesis 2:4 with the
> colophon:
>
> "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were
> created, in the day that the Lord God(Elohim) made the earth and the
> heavens"

You don't know what science is, IKHDY. For example, in order for a
hypothesis to be scientific, it has to be amenable to experimental test and
refutation. What experiment could we perform that could disprove the idea
of divine creation?

--
"We have loved the stars too fondly | a.a. #2001
to be fearful of the night." | http://www.ebonmusings.org

Daniel Sin
2003-09-12 13:23:00 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> \ufffd\ufffd\ufffdg\ufffd\ufffd\ufffdl\ufffd\ufffd\ufffds\ufffdD
:IknowHim-1209030913520001@pm1-15.kalama.com...
> Scientific Description of Creation
>
> The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:

I think we need to be cautious with such interpretation of the Bible. There
could have been many inherent limitations in writing the Bible. Although
the Bible was inspired by God, many of the contents might have been passed
down generations before the Hebrew language (the written form) was
developed. The Gensis was not written for a scientific community, so it is
not meant to be precise. The language at that time, or the range of
vocabulary at that time, was also limited. So even if God had told people
that at a fraction of a second of his creation, there was nothing but a
primodal soup of elementary particules within a confine of several
kilometers across and subject to a few basic forces and a couple of
conservation laws, etc., people (a) won't be able to comprehend, (b) won't
know how to write it, (c) even if they did, the rest of the mass won't have
a clue.

There is another pitfall with this interpretation: Gensis does not mention
hell, angels, and devils, nor does it describe the process. That causes so
much problems later on.

What is significant though, is that the first chapter of Gensis introduced
God to whom everything "exist" because of Him.

Daniel

IknowHimDoYou
2003-09-12 14:04:02 EST
In article <bjt0ac$o81$1@news.hgc.com.hk>, "Daniel Sin" <dsin@net-yan.com>
wrote:

> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> \ufffd\ufffd\ufffdg\ufffd\ufffd\ufffdl\ufffd\ufffd\ufffds\ufffdD
> :IknowHim-1209030913520001@pm1-15.kalama.com...
> > Scientific Description of Creation
> >
> > The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:
> >
> I think we need to be cautious with such interpretation of the Bible. There
> could have been many inherent limitations in writing the Bible. Although
> the Bible was inspired by God, many of the contents might have been passed
> down generations before the Hebrew language (the written form) was
> developed. The Gensis was not written for a scientific community, so it is
> not meant to be precise. The language at that time, or the range of
> vocabulary at that time, was also limited. So even if God had told people
> that at a fraction of a second of his creation, there was nothing but a
> primodal soup of elementary particules within a confine of several
> kilometers across and subject to a few basic forces and a couple of
> conservation laws, etc., people (a) won't be able to comprehend, (b) won't
> know how to write it, (c) even if they did, the rest of the mass won't have
> a clue.
>
> There is another pitfall with this interpretation: Gensis does not mention
> hell, angels, and devils, nor does it describe the process. That causes so
> much problems later on.
>
> What is significant though, is that the first chapter of Gensis introduced
> God to whom everything "exist" because of Him.
>
> Daniel

Daniel,

Genesis not Gensis perhaps?

I read it in Hebrew and He tells me all I need to know-because He is
Elohim and can do all things. Perhaps you are putting limitations on the
god you know?

Hebrew has been in writing form since Elohim wrote Genesis 1-2:4. There
is no historical evidence of an "oral tradition" except in the mind of
God-haters.

David Jensen
2003-09-12 14:08:25 EST
In alt.talk.creationism, IknowHim@leavingsoon.com (IknowHimDoYou) wrote
in <IknowHim-1209031104020001@pm6-25.kalama.com>:

>Daniel,
>
>Genesis not Gensis perhaps?

motes and beams.

Did you notice that Daniel was posting from Hong Kong? His English may
not be perfect, but it is certainly good enough to understand easily.

>I read it in Hebrew and He tells me all I need to know-because He is
>Elohim and can do all things. Perhaps you are putting limitations on the
>god you know?

You seem to imply that God will explain it to you if you are reading the
Scriptures in Hebrew. Is that what you intended?

>Hebrew has been in writing form since Elohim wrote Genesis 1-2:4. There
>is no historical evidence of an "oral tradition" except in the mind of
>God-haters.

When did Elohim write this? How did He write it? Why do you think He
wrote it?

Dave Oldridge
2003-09-12 14:13:37 EST

> In article <bjt0ac$o81$1@news.hgc.com.hk>, "Daniel Sin"
> <dsin@net-yan.com> wrote:
>
>> "IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> \ufffd\ufffd\ufffdg\ufffd\ufffd\ufffdl\ufffd\ufffd\ufffds\ufffdD
>> :IknowHim-1209030913520001@pm1-15.kalama.com...
>> > Scientific Description of Creation
>> >
>> > The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:
>> >
>> I think we need to be cautious with such interpretation of the Bible.
>> There could have been many inherent limitations in writing the
>> Bible. Although the Bible was inspired by God, many of the contents
>> might have been passed down generations before the Hebrew language
>> (the written form) was developed. The Gensis was not written for a
>> scientific community, so it is not meant to be precise. The language
>> at that time, or the range of vocabulary at that time, was also
>> limited. So even if God had told people that at a fraction of a
>> second of his creation, there was nothing but a primodal soup of
>> elementary particules within a confine of several kilometers across
>> and subject to a few basic forces and a couple of conservation laws,
>> etc., people (a) won't be able to comprehend, (b) won't know how to
>> write it, (c) even if they did, the rest of the mass won't have a
>> clue.
>>
>> There is another pitfall with this interpretation: Gensis does not
>> mention hell, angels, and devils, nor does it describe the process.
>> That causes so much problems later on.
>>
>> What is significant though, is that the first chapter of Gensis
>> introduced God to whom everything "exist" because of Him.
>>
>> Daniel
>
> Daniel,
>
> Genesis not Gensis perhaps?
>
> I read it in Hebrew and He tells me all I need to know-because He is
> Elohim and can do all things. Perhaps you are putting limitations on
> the god you know?

This is probably a lie (I'm pretty sure you DON'T read it in Hebrew
because you said elsewhere that you read the word "baramin" in there and
it's not there).

> Hebrew has been in writing form since Elohim wrote Genesis 1-2:4.
> There is no historical evidence of an "oral tradition" except in the
> mind of God-haters.

This is simply false to fact and a gratuitous insult, since you are
calling generations of Christian scholars "God-haters." I would suggest
that the REAL God-haters around here are the young-earth creationists who
continually violate God's commandments in the name of their broken
apologetic. You hate Him because He told you how to witness and you
don't want to do it that way. You hate Him because He tells you to value
truth over dogma. You hate Him because He insists that you reason
quietly instead of making vain boasts.

--
Dave Oldridge
ICQ 1800667

Paradoxically, most real events are highly improbable.

386sx
2003-09-12 14:18:06 EST
Daniel Sin writes:

> So even if God had told people that at a fraction of a second of his
> creation, there was nothing but a primodal soup of elementary particules
> within a confine of several kilometers across and subject to a few basic
> forces and a couple of conservation laws, etc., people (a) won't be able
> to comprehend, (b) won't know how to write it, (c) even if they did, the
> rest of the mass won't have a clue.

So what are the reasons why other creation myths are not accurate? Same
things?

--
"He affirmed that only in man we had the beatings of the heart, that the
left side of the body was colder than the right, that men have more teeth

Midwinter
2003-09-12 18:59:31 EST
On 12 Sep 2003, IknowHimDoYou had this to say:

> Scientific Description of Creation
>
> The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:
>
> "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
>
> Time: "In the beginning.."
> Cause: God the creator
> Created: use of energy
> Space: heaven
> Matter: earth
>
> All creation came out of eternity(timelessness) and out of nothing(ex
> nihlo).

I refer your attention to the work of Mr John P. Boatwright, an
erstwhile contributor to this group, or at least one whose name I have
not seen in recent times.

Mr Boatwright was absolutely and unshakably convinced that Genesis, and
other elements of the Bible, contained sound science and could be
compared with modern scientific theory to provide 'proof' that God
existed, and that He had essentially written out the entire path of
scientific discovery in the Bible.

Of course (and with due respect to the fact that Mr Boatwright does not
appear to be here to defend himself) his theories rarely held up to
serious objective scrutiny, and his 'science' was - even through my
unqualified eyes - dubious in the extreme.

It is not my intention to launch a particular attack on him. As I say,
he is not here to have his say, and it would not be fair to do so. But
I would suggest, "I Know Him..", that it might be of interest to you if
you seek science in Genesis, to visit his website at:

http://home.teleport.com/~salad/4god/

You might find that you share some views, and some techniques, in common
with Mr Boatwright.

--
Midwinter

David Haas
2003-09-12 19:04:27 EST
In article <m2fzj1dg69Xx386xX.fsf@email.com>, 386sx@email.com says...
> Daniel Sin writes:
>
> > So even if God had told people that at a fraction of a second of his
> > creation, there was nothing but a primodal soup of elementary particules
> > within a confine of several kilometers across and subject to a few basic
> > forces and a couple of conservation laws, etc., people (a) won't be able
> > to comprehend, (b) won't know how to write it, (c) even if they did, the
> > rest of the mass won't have a clue.
>
> So what are the reasons why other creation myths are not accurate? Same
> things?

That's easy. The Bible is the only magic. Once you accept that fact
everything else is just myth. You got to believe man!

The human mind is weird.
--
------
D. Haas

"Consistency requires you be as ignorant today as you were a year ago."
Bernard Berenson

Lane Lewis
2003-09-13 08:49:56 EST

"IknowHimDoYou" <IknowHim@leavingsoon.com> wrote in message
> Scientific Description of Creation
>
> The space-time continuum is layed out precisely in Genesis 1:1:
>
> "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
>
> Time: "In the beginning.."
> Cause: God the creator
> Created: use of energy
> Space: heaven
> Matter: earth
>
> All creation came out of eternity(timelessness) and out of nothing(ex
> nihlo). It is presented in the simplest form and language in Hebrew and
> written by Elohim himself where He signed it in Genesis 2:4 with the
> colophon:
>
> "These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were
> created, in the day that the Lord God(Elohim) made the earth and the
> heavens"

Where's the Big Bang?

Space time and matter energy had to all be here at once because they cannot
exist without one another.

There is evidence that the galaxies evolved into what they are today. We do
have pictures of primitive galaxies 12 billion years old.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archive/1996/01/

[qt]
Gazing into this small field, Hubble uncovered a bewildering assortment of
at least 1,500 galaxies at various stages of evolution.

Lane

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next  (First | Last)